Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
yeah, and I'll read yours too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Baller Time posted:

People actually read all these lists???

yeah it's more interesting than expense report #5035987 that comes across my desk

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Play posted:

The most incredible thing, to me, about this list is that there's so many games on it but I don't agree on a single one

I've only played a couple of those but Desperados III and Touhou Luna Nights are both very good

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wow lot of off topic posts in this Call of Duty megathread, mods need to law down the law

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm glad that someone posting "I don't agree with your chronologically ordered list of games you played this year" got people to actually read the list, which otherwise would have just been a post in the wind, unread and unwanted

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm glad that someone posting "I don't agree with your chronologically ordered list of games you played this year" got people to actually read the list, which otherwise would have just been a post in the wind, unread and unwanted

I read the list because I needed to work out which game to quote for my 'I found the good game' post

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Rarity posted:

Wow lot of off topic posts in this Call of Duty megathread, mods need to law down the law

Playing CoD 3 on the Wii launch day might have been my first tangible experience of buyer's remorse.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Barry Convex posted:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1466820662174097410

bad news for Game Pass, not because of the competition in and of itself but because Sony is likely to moneyhat third-party games to keep them off the competing service (including on PC, where Sony won't even have a directly competing offering). maybe I shouldn't have prepaid for two years

lol if you think sony has the willingness (or even the capability) of putting as much money into a sub service as microsoft

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s all about the ends you DON’T walk

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me, and I walk alone

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Got disconnected at around 1020 in the queue, back up to 4688, not gonna play tonight rip

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Unfortunately I still need to ward the heavens, blood the storm, and bring the shadows before I can walk the ends.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it's actually En Dwalker

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1466820662174097410

bad news for Game Pass, not because of the competition in and of itself but because Sony is likely to moneyhat third-party games to keep them off the competing service (including on PC, where Sony won't even have a directly competing offering). maybe I shouldn't have prepaid for two years

Bloomberg has proven to be a terrible source of rumors. If this happens too, it'll likely just end up being PS Now.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Play posted:

'belt action game'? wow. i hate it

That's what they're called in Japan! Because you're on a conveyor belt really

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Spotify once ate 5GB of data streaming a podcast while I was driving... never again

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Spotify once ate 5GB of data streaming a podcast while I was driving... never again

This is what you get for not using Pocket Casts

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

December 3

It's pretty much design 101 that MMOs take a lot of their design philosophy from theme parks, but after watching a bunch of Defunctland videos, it really hit me this time around... the long queues... designing the environment for vistas and guided navigation... and my first thought once I had control in the new expansion was "let me snap a photo"

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I'm envisioning an arcade cabinet from 1932 with like a scrolling repeating background on two big obvious rollers while a crude music box plinks out Camptown Races and you move a little cast iron statue around with a long boom arm that runs through the cabinet

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

December 3

It's pretty much design 101 that MMOs take a lot of their design philosophy from theme parks, but after watching a bunch of Defunctland videos, it really hit me this time around... the long queues... designing the environment for vistas and guided navigation... and my first thought once I had control in the new expansion was "let me snap a photo"

Chat thread continues to make MMOs sound very unappealing, thank you

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

This is what you get for not using Pocket Casts

I switched back after that lol

hatty posted:

Chat thread continues to make MMOs sound very unappealing, thank you

Shorter queues for the rest of us... thank you

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

December 3

Can't wait for the FFXIV fastpass.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1466821381568536578

lmao way to miss the point, sony

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Will the PS1/2/3 games be local or just cloud garbage? That or the price could sink it for me. PS+ as it is now is unappealing so I’d prefer to just pay to play the old games separately for maybe $50 a year or something

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

I said come in! posted:

Bloomberg has proven to be a terrible source of rumors. If this happens too, it'll likely just end up being PS Now.

It's a Jason Schreier scoop. He's dependable.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's... kind of cute I guess, knowing that. As if the video game is a physical object just conveying you along (I was actually thinking about it backwards like it referred to the scenery being conveyed along behind the character but it still works)

However beat 'em up' is also really great and has this nostalgic 80s feel to it that I appreciate. Like, there's no way some new genre of video game would get a name like that these days

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Always thought this art was rad

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Remove all social aspects from MMOs and boy howdy will I be there

i don't want people laughing at me

because i tank bad

:(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just play DPS and no one will care you exist

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Just play DPS and no one will care you exist

but then you have to wait half an hour to do dungeons

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Looper posted:

but then you have to wait half an hour to do dungeons

This is the worst part about FF14 because progressing is gated by the main story, so you can't continue until you do these dungeons and sometimes they are back to back.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Starting in shadowbringers you can just do the dungeons with trusts

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Imagine playing an mmorpg for the gameplay 🤠

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Starting in shadowbringers you can just do the dungeons with trusts

is that like a trust fund

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

Imagine playing an mmorpg

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Andrast posted:

is that like a trust fund

Alphinaud is one of them, yes

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If you play healer you almost never have to wait more than 2 seconds to find a group :c00l:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ffxiv players, please think of an interesting thing to say about the game because when endwalker inevitably ends up on all of your GotY lists I’d like to actually be enriched, at least a little, by the blurb you write about it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Ffxiv players, please think of an interesting thing to say about the game because when endwalker inevitably ends up on all of your GotY lists I’d like to actually be enriched, at least a little, by the blurb you write about it

Google is free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

If you play healer you almost never have to wait more than 2 seconds to find a group :c00l:
except today, immediately after a very cool new healer was released that everyone wants to play