Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Moon Slayer posted:

Love isn't so weak that it can be controlled by the likes of you! Because ... as long as we trust our allies, we're invincible! Love may confuse us ...

… blind us …

Wow, Chigara. Ice cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Wow, Chigara. Ice cold.

It's allegorical!

The dialog about love is from the game but the flashes to the people she could be talking about was all me.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Part 3: Nightmare

Well, this is new.

For the first time, we have control of a handful of PACT units and can finally see what they’re capable of.

The Bianca may be gone, but having access to a second support ryder with the Flak Off ability more than makes up for its loss.

Like so.

Long story short, this fight is a massacre.

By the end of the first turn we’ve almost completely cleared the board. And there are no more enemy ships coming. Arcadius has finally run out of cannon fodder.

Enemy lines are crumbling, sir. Several of the outlying PACT ships are signalling their surrender and powering down.
This is it everyone! Throw everything we have against the prototypes and obliterate them!

Hmph. If someone had told me that I’d be fighting side by side with you to free Cera I would have said they were insane.
Heh ... I never once imagined that I would be glad to have you on my side, Fontana.
This isn’t over yet. We’ve got a new contact closing fast. A ryder of unknown design!

It can’t be ...
Sola?
Myr'lan'dur. The personal ryder of Sharr Myren, who vanished without a trace four hundred years before my birth. I thought that dark ryder was nothing but a legend, but … in the modern tongue, the name means--
Nightmare Ascendant.

To think that I would actually have to use this again after so many years. This is where your advance stops, human.
Surrender, “Arcadius.” I've gathered an allied fleet of more Alliance and PACT ships than the very stars to liberate this world. And I'm not about to let a single ryder stand in my way.
Overconfidant, just as the Imperials were. But you have not yet witnessed the full might of the Nightmare Ascendant!

Captain! T-those projectiles are single handedly gutting entire ships! I-it matches no known ryder configuration in our database! According to these readings it's completely beyond anything we've ever encountered.
Sola, how do we kill this thing!?

Such a task would have been difficult even for the war machines of my era … retreat may be unavoidable.
We can't give up now! Ava, fire the Vanguard!

Direct hit confirmed!

No effect! Repeat, no effect. Target … remains.

HAHAHAHA! Now you see, captain? Everything you accomplished here was meaningless. You were always at my mercy. Did you once fear the Legion? The Paradox Core? My useless clones? Mere toys. Diversions. Cannon fodder. All the ships of PACT are disposable. For the Nightmare alone can rule the galaxy. Now suffer as victory is snatched away, just when it appears in reach. Watch in horror as everything you built up burns.

... captain.
No, Ava. Not when we’re so close. Losing Cera a second time … the crew couldn’t take it. I couldn’t take it.
I was going to say that ryder is proving quite intractable. So how about we see how it fares against every shell, laser, and missile we have.

Let’s show that bitch the full might of humanity's wrath.

I'm ... gonna do it!
Asaga?
I don't care if it's invincible or not. All this time, I was stupid, but not any more! This time, I'm really going to save everyone! I don't care about being a queen, or anything like that! That's not what I wanted at all! This time ... this time, I'm finally going to be the hero! And I won't let the darkness control me!

Sola, this thing might be a legendary weapon from the past, but has it ever faced two Sharrs of Ryuvia fighting side by side?

It has not.

Hmph. I feared the Nightmare would make its appearance eventually.
You knew about this, Fontana!?
The full capabilities of that devilish thing will never be known. But it is not a god. It was made by the hands of man, and it can be felled by the same.
Damnit Fontana ... you could have at least warned us.

Are you ready, captain?
Sunrider, standing by.
A single ryder, against all of us? I know where I’d put my money.
Give the command, Shields. The Alliance has your back.
All units! That ryder stands between us and our home.
Let’s move her out of the way.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Oh no, the evil MEGA gundam has arrived, time to beat it with the power of friendship and heavy explosives!

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

A wild edgelord appeared!

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

A wild edgelord appeared!

Speaking of which, it appears that Cosette's more or less disappeared from the plot. I wonder how long it'll be until she finds a way back to her ryder and tries to out-edgelord miss SuperPrototype here.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Cosette's still in the brig, despite there being ample opportunities to unload her on the Alliance; we just haven't had any reason to go talk to her, I guess.

The developers created an entire alternate non-battle-damaged sprite for Ava for the entire game if you didn't blow up the Legion but there's almost no additional stuff if Cosette is alive.

Moon Slayer fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 21, 2020

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Hey now, there is precisely one vaguely notable change in a bit. :v: And I can certainly see Shields just not bothering to talk with her, given everything else going on - I mean, would you want to go talk to her given her personality, other than to just go watch the funny faces or something?

As for turning her over, it's honestly such a low priority thing that they probably just haven't gotten around to it with all major incidents going on. Whose brig she's sitting in really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, after all. If the Alliance wants her for charges, it's something that can just be dealt with after this is all over, even if there is technically time to turn her over now.

On the storyboarding level, it's honestly probably for the best they just decided not to do much with her. I mean, the openings always seemed to tease she was going to join the crew, but she's just such a deeply unpleasant individual that unless you wanted to do a full-blown redemption arc that would take a fair amount of screentime (something likely well beyond the writing skill of this team to do even vaguely decently), adding an unrepentant mass murderer to the crew just doesn't really fit. And given this game was going full-bore on Chigara story points, even if they DID have the writing ability I don't think you could have fit it regardless.

edit: Basically, she could be the plot point on whether we and/or Asaga have turned ruthless enough to just kill everyone opposed to us, or still stick to principles, but beyond that there's little to be done with her.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Oct 21, 2020

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!
To be fair, Cosette is an over the top unhinged murderer entirely because that's how the author(s) decided to write her, just like whats-her-face is a one-dimensional blob of horny in a nurse outfit, Icari is a mighty mercenary who definitely doesn't care what Kayto thinks (b-baka), Asaga is defined by being filled with determination Burning Heroic Spirit, etc.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Slightly related, but this last post-battle sequence was another one that I ended up heavily reworking. Would people be interested in seeing what the original script was, or would that kind of ruin the magic?

Moon Slayer fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 21, 2020

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Episode 19: Blood-Dimmed Tide
Part 1: Si Vis Pacem, Fac Bellum

Once again, a mixed Alliance/PACT force faces off against the Arcadius loyalists. This time though, they have a literal secret weapon.

Instead of a god-like invincible creature of legend, the Nightmare Ascendant is merely a ryder with an absolutely insane amount of HP. For reference, the Legion had 26,000 HP.

Each of the Nightmare’s wing … bits are practically a ship in and of themselves.

We ended the last battle with enough command points to fire off the vanguard, so might as well.

The PACT loyalist forces in the bottom of the map made the mistake of spawning right next to some of Fontana’s fast cruisers, and pay the price.

The problem with the drones is that they are heavily shielded and also small enough that hitting them with kinetics is difficult. Fortunately, when you DO hit them, their HP is fairly low so they are easy to one-shot.

This is such a target-rich environment that I have enough to fire the vanguard for a second turn in a row.

The Nightmare barely feels it, of course, but every little bit counts. We hit it a few more times, and then …

Minor damage detected on the Nightmare Ascendant's outer frame!
So it can be hurt. Keep it up, everyone.

To think a vile monster such as you could wield the power of the Sharrs … it’s repulsive.

And there's not enough room in the galaxy for three of us!

Remember when I said that Arcadius had finally run out of cannon fodder to throw at us? Turns out that’s not true. Our objective here is to destroy the Nightmare, and loyalist forces will continue to spawn until we do so.

Then Arcadius makes the truly baffling tactical decision to park herself right next to a fast cruiser, which will happily pour kinetic shots into her for the rest of the battle.

Also there’s one enemy support ryder on the field now, but Sola reaches out and touches it and the carriers will only spawn Arcadius units for the rest of the battle.

Absolutely no reason not to just keep firing this thing off whenever the command points tick up to 4,000.

Oh, WHAT!?

Multiple, independent torpedo launches with splash damage!?

You want to play with torpedoes, lady? Let’s play with torpedoes.

:psyduck: Okay, I’m starting to think Sola’s warnings of doom when this thing appeared weren’t baseless after all. Turns out the Nightmare’s lasers also do line-of-site damage like the vanguard. And all debuffs are only half effective against it, so Chigara can’t turn its shields or flak off entirely.

But it’s still just one target, and I’ve been upgrading my torpedo’s anti-flak rating. It takes a few more turns, including Icari being shot down, but finally ...

Shield drones deployed!
T-thanks!

Oh yes I forgot to mention at some point the game started calling this particular prototype “Alice,” with no real explanation as to why. I’ve been ignoring it but couldn’t get away with that anymore in cutscene mode.

You fool … you’re thanking your enemy?! S-she betrayed your friendship! Stole the man you love!

No more, Prototype! Something so little ain't worth letting you wreck the galaxy over! Now, captain!
All ships target that ryder!

Fire!

On your order.
This is it. FIRE!

Multiple hits … so many our sensors are having a hard time … confirmed! The Nightmare Ascendant has been destroyed! And the remaining enemy units are surrendering!
Yes! Accept their surrender, Ava!
Aye, captain.
(We did it. We won!)

All ships, prepare to take on prisoners. See to it that they are educated as to the truth of the creature they believed to be Veniczar Arcadius.
(And now, PACT must find a new path. We cannot hope to reform the galaxy if we are internally weak. Our efforts shall turn inwards. The poor and weak within our borders will be tended to by the government. And no longer will we overlook the suffering of our people for reckless misadventures in foreign space.)

Orders, sir?
Set course for Cera orbit. We’re all going home.

Later …

Asaga! I'm ... relieved you're all right ...
Chigara … I'm ... sorry! I was so stupid! I said all those things about you but in the end I was the one being manipulated by the prototypes. Nothing I do will ever absolve me ... but I just want you to know … please... make him happy for me, okay?
Of course! You're my friend, Asaga. No matter what happens that will never change.!
Chigara …

So these are tears of joy, then?
W-what!? I-I'm not crying! S-seriously ... W-who the hell do I think I am .... cryin' over something so stooopiiddd … WAAHHH!

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
Skeptic part of brain: Why is there confetti?
Suspension of disbelief: What, you don't like confetti?
Me: Well, okay, maybe Ava was saving it just for this very occasion: Claude's death

Also, I am somewhat interested in what you reworked, but I think I'd prefer to have it given in broad strokes as opposed to the full script

booksnake fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 22, 2020

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I feel like the second game is significantly weaker than the 1st, so far.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

booksnake posted:

Also, I am somewhat interested in what you reworked, but I think I'd prefer to have it given in broad strokes as opposed to the full script

In that case, it's about 75% moving dialogue around, changing the order things are said in and sometimes who says them to be more appropriate, and deleting the salvageable anime stuff. The other 25% is a combination of putting in some exposition to make things clearer, adding a space between the last letter of a word and the ellipses per the AP stylebook (I worked for a newspaper for a while, okay!?) and cleaning up the weird "fan-translated manga" style of writing in some places.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Moon Slayer posted:

and cleaning up the weird "fan-translated manga" style of writing in some places.

how will I ever learn that keikaku means plan now?

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
"If you want peace, make war." Nice :D

This has been pretty solid, and Moon Slayer's flair adds a lot as usual. Got me back into Crying Suns for a while too, so that's a plus.

devildragon777
May 17, 2014

They'd be a lot more scary if they were more than an inch tall each.

I'd be interested in seeing what the original bit of this section. I feel like it's important to have at least some idea of what the original script was, to see how much you're improving on it, if that makes sense?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Dalris Othaine posted:

"If you want peace, make war." Nice :D

This has been pretty solid, and Moon Slayer's flair adds a lot as usual. Got me back into Crying Suns for a while too, so that's a plus.

You too? I ended up beating Crying Suns because I wanted a good space game.

It's next on the list to LP after Tyranny.

I can't say I'm the biggest fan of the story, but there are a few gems buried in the rubble and I'm enjoying the LP.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

devildragon777 posted:

I'd be interested in seeing what the original bit of this section. I feel like it's important to have at least some idea of what the original script was, to see how much you're improving on it, if that makes sense?

Here you go, spoilered so that people can easily skip over it. This is from the section from the previous update, after the Nightmare Ascendant makes its appearance.

quote:

ava "Our combined forces have gained the advantage! We are pushing through the enemy's lines!"
kay "This is it everyone! Throw everything we have against the prototypes and obliterate them!"

$dshow("ava handonhip shout narrow angry",xpos=0.25)
show fontana:
xpos 0.75
with wipeup

fon "Hmph. To think I would fight side by side with the likes of you..."
kay "Heh... I never once imagined that I would be glad to hear you say that."

stop music fadeout 1.5

ava "Cut the celebration. Incoming new bogey!"

play music "Music/Posthumus_Regnum.ogg"
scene nightmare_approach with dissolve

ava "A new ryder! A type we've never seen before!"
kay "That can only mean one thing..."

scene alice_cockpit1 with dissolve

ali "To think that I would actually have to use this again..."
ali "It's been so many years..."
ali "This is where your advance stops, human."

kay "So you're the leader of all this."
kay "Surrender, Prototype. I've gathered an allied fleet of more Alliance and PACT ships than the very stars to liberate this world."
kay "And I'm not about to let a single ryder stand in my way."

ali "Heheheh... You're confident, just as the Imperials were."
ali "But you have not yet witnessed the full might of the Nightmare Ascendant!"

scene nightmare_attack

$ renpy.movie_cutscene("3DCG/nightmareattack.webm",stop_music=False)
pause

play sound "sound/explosion2.ogg"

scene alliancefleet_damaged:
xalign 0.0
ease 2.0 xalign 0.5
with dissolve

ava "Captain! T-that ryder's singlehandedly gutting the entire fleet!"
ava "I-it matches no known ryder configuration in our database! It's completely beyond anything we've ever encountered!"
kay "W-what, it's probably just a Ryuvian relic that Prototype dug up somewhere! Blast it with enough lead and it'll go down just like anything else!"
chi "T-that may not be the case, captain!"
chi "According to these readings, our ryders are essentially birds fighting a battleship class star ship!"

scene solacockpit3 with dissolve

sol "A-ah...!"
sol "Dark day... It is the Myr'lan'dur."
kay "You know something, Sola?"
sol "A dark ryder, feared even amongst the ancient Ryuvians..."
sol "It was the personal ryder of Sharr Myren, who vanished without a trace four hundred years before my birth."
sol "To find such a grim omen here..."
kay "How do we take it down?"
sol "Such a task would be difficult, even for the war machines of my era..."
sol "Retreat may be unavoidable..."
kay "(Tsch... We're so close...!)"
kay "We can't give up now! All ships, target the Nightmare Ascendant!"

ali "Hahahaha! Pathethic!"
ali "Your biggest weapons mean nothing to the Nightmare Ascendant!"
kay "Tsch..."
kay "Well, let's find out."
kay "Fire the Vanguard!"

scene white

$ renpy.movie_cutscene("3DCG/vanguardcut.webm",stop_music=False)
pause

play sound "sound/explosion4.ogg"

scene white with dissolve

ava "Direct hit confirmed!"
kay "Did we get it?"

ali "HAHAHAHA!!!!"

scene bg bridge with dissolve
$reset_sprites()
$dshow("ava armscrossed shout narrow angry")

ava "Negative captain! The attack was completely ineffective!"

scene alice_cockpit2 with dissolve

ali "Now you see, captain?"
ali "Everything you accomplished here was meaningless."
ali "You were always at my mercy."
ali "Did you once fear the Legion? The Paradox Core? My useless clones?"
ali "Mere toys. Diversions. Cannon fodder."
ali "All the ships of PACT are disposable. For the Nightmare alone can rule the galaxy."
ali "Now suffer as victory is snatched away, just when it appears in reach."
ali "Watch in horror as everything you built up burns!"
ali "Hahahahahahaha!!!"
kay "Tsch...!"
kay "(That ryder breaks all the rules of engagement!)"
kay "(There's nothing on the field which can counter it!)"

$dshow("ava armscrossed neutral narrow angry")

ava "Captain."
kay "Ava?"
ava "That ryder is proving quite problematic."
ava "How say we fire every shell, laser, and missile at it and see how it fares against the full might of humanity's wrath."
kay "... ... ..."

scene solacockpit4 with dissolve

sol "Legend speaks that the Myr'lan'dur single handedly destroyed a Farari fleet a thousand strong."
sol "Yet, I have never heard that it bested two Sharrs in combat."
kay "Sola..."

scene kryska_cockpit2 with dissolve

kry "Hah! Ancient Ryuvian relics are no match against the might of the entire Solar Alliance!"
kry "All our ships are already here! This is the best time to show the galaxy that freedom will win over the tools of long dead tyrants any day!"

$dshow("ava armscrossed neutral narrow angry",xpos=0.75)
show fontana:
xpos 0.25
with wipeup

fon "Hmph. I feared the Nightmare would make its appearance eventually..."
kay "You knew about this, Fontana!?"
fon "The full capabilities of that devilish thing will never be known."
fon "But it is not a god. It was made by the hands of man, and it can be fallen by the same."
kay "Damnit Fontana... You could have at least warned us!"

scene asagacockpit6 with dissolve

asa "... ... ..."
asa "I'm... gonna do it!"
kay "Asaga?"
asa "I don't care if it's invincible or not..."
asa "All this time, I was stupid!"
asa "But not any more! This time, I'm really going to save everyone!"
asa "I don't care about being a Sharr or Queen, or anything like that...!"
asa "'Cause... That's not what I wanted at all!"
asa "This time... this time, I'm finally going to be the hero!!!!"
asa "I won't let the darkness control me!!"

play sound "sound/heartbeat.ogg"

scene asagacockpit7 with dissolve
show asagacockpit7b:
xalign 0.5 yalign 0.5
ease 0.5 zoom 2.0 alpha 0

asa "Hiiyaaah!!!!"
sol "A-ah..."

scene solacockpit4 with dissolve

sol "S-such light..."

play sound "sound/heartbeat.ogg"

scene solacockpit5
show solacockpit5b:
xalign 0.5 yalign 0.5
ease 0.5 zoom 2.0 alpha 0

sol "I too shall follow your example."

$dshow("ava armscrossed neutral narrow angry",xpos=0.8)
show fontana:
xpos 0.5
show grey behind fontana:
xpos 0.2
with wipeup

adr "Are you ready, captain?"
kay "Sunrider, standing by."
fon "A single ryder, against all of us?"
adr "If we lose here, against just one ryder, my offspring will become laughstocks for the next ten generations."
adr "All ships!"
adr "Move her out of the way."

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Part 2: Cera’s Last Gleaming

Quite a view. I was afraid I'd never see it again.
I'm sorry. I really messed up, didn't I?
Well … perhaps. But you can't blame yourself forever, Asaga.

No … in the end, I was the traitor. And the worst part was that I wanted to be tricked. I wanted Chigara to be a spy, just so she'd disappear. I was ... selfish. And jealous. Someone like me ... isn't a hero.

I'm leaving, captain. Before the victory ceremony tonight.
I wish you wouldn’t, you know. It won't be a celebration without the leader of our ryder squad.
I don't deserve a celebration. Besides, I don't want to be in the way. Chigara deserves you a lot more than I do. In every possible way. So I'm going back to Ryuvia. With PACT pulling out, I need to go back right away. I'll stay there and rebuild Ryuvia as queen. Only then ... can I atone for what I almost did.
Asaga …

And I will accompany her.
You too, Sola?
Yes. I have never been one for parties. But I thank you, captain, for all you have done for me. However, the time has come for me to return home. My Ryuvia is long gone, but I wish to assist in whatever way I can to help it return to glory. Perhaps one day, we will be a society as mighty as we are fair and just.
All right ... If that's what you want, Sola.

Well then ...
Good bye, captain.
Good luck, Asaga.

(May our paths cross again.)

Later …

Oh dear, oh dear ...
You know, the ball isn't even until after the award ceremony. All you really need for the ceremony is a clean uniform.
I understand, but it helps to be prepared~
(She's already tried on her dress three times ...)
I just wish we were going down to the surface for this. It’s been too long since I left, but the station will be fine for now, I guess.

Okay, I'm ready now.
All right. What's your dress even look like?

Ah, ah, ah ... That's~ a~ secret~
Really ...
But I think you’ll like it~

Later, on the station …

And with this, peace has been restored to the Neutral Rim!
Glad your fleet could make it here in one piece, boy…
Admiral ... a pleasure, as always.
Do you think I should I tell all these reporters how the Alliance owes most of its successes to a foreign squad of young women?
Ehehehe …

So many important people are here ...
Don't worry. You're one of those important people too. You were the one who stopped the prototypes and saved everyone.
I'll try not to embarrass you too much, captain ...
Don't worry about things like that. Just let the admiral make his speech and give you the medal. It shouldn't be that hard for the Hero of Cera, right?

Okay!

Meanwhile, back on the ship …

Ava didn’t even get an invite to the victory party. Typical.

(I never did get along with her, but someone needs to ensure that Claude’s personal effects are properly stored.)

(We knew next to nothing about her, we don’t have anything about any next of kin … Claude ... just who was she?)
Hm?
(A holo? Could this help us track down her relatives?)

… What … is this …?

… and while we mourn for those who gave their lives for this victory, we must also commemorate the living. Many distinguished themselves in the battle to liberate Cera. The Solar Cross is the highest honor the Alliance can bestow upon a foreign national. And it is my pleasure to present the Cross to Chigara Lynn Ashada, whose technical knowhow was instrumental in thwarting the enemy's attack. We owe our lives to you, young lady.

*clapping way more enthusiastically than everyone around him*

Thank you, admiral.
And now you can all die.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Wow the first mildly interesting thing Chigara has done all LP. Is she possessed by the spirit of elf mask woman, a formidable villain who didn't seem to understand that having one lone mech didn't give her the power to be in two places at once? Is the next reveal that she mind controlled Claude, turning her from an innocent doctor with a crush on the captain to an annoying sexiest? Is the game going to finally let us just play as Ava already?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

how did the blood get on her face

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

Good question! Another good question might be, "Why didn't anyone happen to notice that she was carrying a pistol about the length of her forearm when she went up to receive a medal?"

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Oh so that's why they did the Chigara railroading.

If it turns out she was the actual mastermind the whole time :effort:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

Grey had extremely high blood pressure. If he hadn't been gunned down he probably would have had a stroke or coronary in a few years anyway. Sad, really.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

Thank you, admiral.
And now you can all die.

I know I'm probably supposed to be upset but this is actually fun. :allears:

A shame about the admiral though. Does the game play the anime stoic-old-man-surprised-at-betrayal-death-gasp?

Poil fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Oct 22, 2020

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I was actually suspecting Sola. Born three months ago, basically ignored by everyone, hangs out by herself, has access to Asaga, etc.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
There are words to be had about this and everything that led up to it. I'm going to hold off because there are still things to show but there are things to say about this oh yes.

Thunderclan
Dec 24, 2013
I quite enjoyed playing this game, even with the weirder aspects but this (and what comes after) are where I finally gave up on trying to understand this story. They could have ended it with the victorious return to Cera and it would have been a pretty decent story overall, but from here on it feels like they just kept trying to jam more weirdness in to stretch things out pointlessly...

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Time to rename the thread Doki Doki Battleship Club, I guess.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

She got puppeted/jumped into while she was loving about on their hive-mind network didn't she.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

I really actually appreciate the "It's so obvious it can't be".

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

Part 2: Cera’s Last Gleaming

quote:

"Kobol's Last Gleaming" is the two-part first season finale of the reimagined Battlestar Galactica television series.

Starbuck retrieves the Arrow and discovers that Boomer, still on Galactica, is a Cylon. This Boomer destroys the Cylon Basestar orbiting Kobol, returns to Galactica, and shoots Commander Adama; the season ends on a cliffhanger.

I'm just wondering if anybody caught this before reaching the end of the update. I basically told you exactly what was going to happen. :v:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I haven't watched Galactica.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Part 3: Sine Qua Non

Those combat drones come crashing through the ceiling and start mowing the audience down. It’s a bit hard to convey without the sound effects.

Admiral …!?
(He’s dead! But his com link …)
… iance forces, Admiral Grey is confirmed down and the ceremony was an ambush. We are go for the Paradox Contingency. Repeat: go for Paradox Contingency. Attention, all Alliance forces, Admiral Grey is …
Foolish human.

So easily deceived.
Why … the war's over!
For the complete and utter annihilation of humanity, of course.
No ...
You are all nothing but a jealous, paranoid, hate filled biomass. You create technologies that only make killing each other easier. Fight wars over slices of the galaxy only to bankrupt your own society in the process. Rule over others, only to breed hatred from the ruled. Whenever humanity reaches the apex of its potential, the only result is your own destruction. We were created in the hopes that humanity could be tamed by a superior species.

But there is no hope for your kind! You have failed as a species!
[ You're not Chigara! The Chigara I know wouldn't say things like that! Chigara's a nice girl! She's shy and easily embarrassed! She cares about the lowest of us, and can forgive anyone if they just ask! Chigara! I'M COMING FOR YOU!

... !

W-what!? H-how can you--
You're ... NOT ME!
None of us can resist the neural link!
You! You were the one responsible for this! The mind link Chigara performed earlier … you used that to control her!!
G-GET OUT OF MY MIND!

C-captain ... what ... happened?
Chigara ...
The last thing I remember was being on the stage ... and … A-AH!! O-oh no--
You're safe now. You managed to fight off the prototype's ... neural invasion, I guess.
B-but ... E-everyone's ...
No time for that. Can you figure out how to shut these drones down?
Y-yes! I should still have access--

*BANG*

Ah--
CHIGARAA!

O-oh … it all would have been ... so nice …

… who …

SHIELDS YOU FOOL! YOU BROUGHT THIS TRAITOR HERE!
FONTANAAA!
YOU WERE BLIND AND NOW ALL IS LOST!
… you killed her …!

I’LL KILL YOU, FONTANA! I WILL NOT REST. NOT UNTIL EVERYTHING YOU HOLD DEAR BURNS. I WILL RAZE EVERY BUILDING ON NEW EDEN, EVERY HOME, UNTIL I HAVE FOUND YOU AND KILLED YOU. I SWEAR IT UPON HER GRAVE! SHE WILL BE AVENGED!
ALL OF THIS IS ON YOU, YOU LUNATIC! WE COULD HAVE HAD PEACE!

Captain!
DON'T INTERFERE! I’m going to kill him with my bare hands!
*slaps him across the face*
Don't you realize they want this! You're still our captain! We need you!
No … she ... she didn't betray us … she ... was no traitor … she didn't betray me!

Captain ...
Come on, this way! We need to get out of here before the Alliance marines finally put those drones down!

… we might still be able to salvage this if we let cooler heads prevail and … oh good, lieutenant, you’re here. Get that airlock open, we need to …

I’m sorry, captain. But I have my orders.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

welp

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Man, Claude, then Chigara? This game's on a roll killing off its worse characters.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

The game feels like it's started.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Ava is still the smartest in the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

That was terrible wow.