Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Thief isn't quite clicking with me, thought I'd try Guardian.

And the wait for the next season of Archer might be getting to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tirinal
Feb 5, 2007

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Also, anyone know the drop rates for wintersday gifts and dragonite ore? I really don't want to run world bosses for the rest of my life to get ascended armor.

Low. Not enough to make it worth it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1snco0/for_science_20000_giant_wintersday_gifts_opened/

I had similar thoughts after parking 7 lv80 alts in a JP solved my empyreal fragment farming problems, but for whatever reason dragonite is the rarest part of the gift.

In unrelated news, new LS update teaser: http://www.gamerzines.com/pc/arenanet.html

This is unabashedly cool.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
They sent a loving metronome? That's really cool! Although this means scarlett is working in real life now though, so gently caress.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Schpyder posted:

:eng101: You can only get purple hair from makeover/hairstyle kits!

GW2 cred destroyed

I have no cred anyway. I just play a silly non-white female human mesmer. Because I like seeing four of me.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Hy_C posted:

Is this how WvWednesday goes down?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF1UzimGnvs

I don't know if my MMOSR is high enough to perform at that level.

If you're not playing games while being screamed at by an incoherent autist I don't even know why you'd bother.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

tirinal posted:

Low. Not enough to make it worth it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1snco0/for_science_20000_giant_wintersday_gifts_opened/

I had similar thoughts after parking 7 lv80 alts in a JP solved my empyreal fragment farming problems, but for whatever reason dragonite is the rarest part of the gift.

In unrelated news, new LS update teaser: http://www.gamerzines.com/pc/arenanet.html

Huh? How is dragonite rare? I have at least 10 stacks of it.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

tirinal posted:

Did no one seriously notice that "This next part will sting, but it brings me joy / Sometimes to change you must destroy" has really terrible meter? And that it could really easily be reworked to "this next part stings, but brings me joy?" Scarlet can't even get her stupid loving rhymes right. :colbert:

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I have so much dragonite i throw out stacks of it. You guys dont do world bosses?

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

Heavy Lobster posted:

Scarlet can't even get her stupid loving rhymes right. :colbert:

Scarlet is horrible in literally everything.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

If you're not playing games while being screamed at by an incoherent autist I don't even know why you'd bother.

I thought screaming into the mic makes you better at games?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hy_C posted:

I thought screaming into the mic makes you better at games?

That's one half, playing pantless is the other one.

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch

Hy_C posted:

Is this how WvWednesday goes down?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF1UzimGnvs

I don't know if my MMOSR is high enough to perform at that level.

Jesus Christ :catstare:

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
It took me way longer than it should for me to figure out that that was english.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I got an email saying that the conclusion to the Scarlet arc is nigh, is this true?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Turncoat Mommy posted:

It took me way longer than it should for me to figure out that that was english.

Guild Wars 2: The game of choice for auctioneers.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

SSNeoman posted:

I got an email saying that the conclusion to the Scarlet arc is nigh, is this true?
The next... 4, I think, living story updates are the end.

Dreggon posted:

World bosses drop ascended armor? :confused:
:eng101: They can drop ascended weapon and armor chests, I believe (good loving luck though).

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Anoia posted:

Thief isn't quite clicking with me, thought I'd try Guardian.

And the wait for the next season of Archer might be getting to me.

I love this. You are a good person. :allears:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

U.T. Raptor posted:

Ugh I picked a bad time to reinstall.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Just do esports and you'll never need to deal with scarlet again.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

U.T. Raptor posted:

This is cool, since it further reinforces March as being the best month of 2014.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Thumbtacks posted:

Close enough. :pseudo:

Cool Story Bro you wanna level together?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

BexGu posted:

Cool Story Bro you wanna level together?

Arch nemesis spotted.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

U.T. Raptor posted:

:eng101: They can drop ascended weapon and armor chests, I believe (good loving luck though).

I know Teq can drop ascended weapons including a unique skin(black reskinned ascended weapons) but I think that's it?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Turncoat Mommy posted:

You're gonna wish you hadn't said that.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'd e-sports but what good is a warrior in e-sports. :smith:

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Alteisen posted:

I'll begrudgingly extend an undeserved second chance to spvp when it stops being an irrelevant and inconsequential corner of the game with only one game type.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Have they gotten around to making E-Sports not poo poo? Last time I played it was more a game of Player vs Circle than Player vs Player.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Xae posted:

Have they gotten around to making E-Sports not poo poo? Last time I played it was more a game of Player vs Circle than Player vs Player.

Nope it's still that unfortunately. A lot of continued wasted potential.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

sPvP is great because all the pubbies just run into the center of the map and hit each other, so you just ping from circle to circle capping points and by the end of the round you have like 3x the points of anyone else.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
The easiest, most reliable way to being MVP is racking up skirmisher kills and doing teammate revivals, certainly more points being around points than on points. If no one even bothers to show up, spamming the cannons or trebuchet are easy wins especially when you hit three or four people over and over. Against most pubbies you'll eventually gain a following and your team is free to take all the points while you stall all day.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
The people who hate esports are the people who hate fun, I know that because they hate esports. Ranked mode way more fun than hotjoin so if all you've done is hotjoin then you should give tournament mode a shot.

Alteisen posted:

Warriors are really strong in esports so turn that frown upside down.

Turncoat Mommy fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jan 9, 2014

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Alteisen posted:

sssssSSSSHOULDERTAP

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So I hit 11 and I have traits now or something. I can't remember how this poo poo works. I like the Greatsword and I don't like conditional damage which I think basically means it's Shatter or nothing. What's the traditional Shatter build? I'd assume at least 20 in Domination.

Also is there one I need asap? I know for engineers it's ideal to get Speedy Kits first because you basically end up with perma-swiftness, but I'm not sure if Mesmers have a MUST HAVE trait.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Thumbtacks posted:

So I hit 11 and I have traits now or something. I can't remember how this poo poo works. I like the Greatsword and I don't like conditional damage which I think basically means it's Shatter or nothing. What's the traditional Shatter build? I'd assume at least 20 in Domination.

Also is there one I need asap? I know for engineers it's ideal to get Speedy Kits first because you basically end up with perma-swiftness, but I'm not sure if Mesmers have a MUST HAVE trait.

This is a pretty standard kind of shatter build here. You can also use a different offhand with your mainhand sword (I prefer two swords), focus and pistol are perfectly adequate so it's really a question of taste.

The first trait you want to get ASAP is deceptive evasion, but you can't get that til you're 40 so I guess don't really worry about priority allocations til then.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Turncoat Mommy posted:

The people who hate esports are the people who hate fun, I know that because they hate esports. Ranked mode way more fun than hotjoin so if all you've done is hotjoin then you should give tournament mode a shot.

Warriors are really strong in esports so turn that frown upside down.

I don't like esports but GW1 gamemodes were infinitely more competitive than spvp and the emphasis put into spvp could have been more productive more gamemodes that don't suck like CTF or GvG. Hopefully the speculation is true and people get to enjoy even more circle action with KOTH.

Aspect arena and snowball mayhem are the best spvp game types and they were cooked up for temporary content. Dragon ball is also more esports than spvp because it plays like dodgeball.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Delacroix posted:

GW1 gamemodes were infinitely more competitive than spvp and

Dragon ball is also more esports than spvp because it plays like dodgeball.

Not really no.

Turncoat Mommy fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jan 9, 2014

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well someone explain it to me then, I know jack poo poo about builds and such. I have a bunch of PvP poo poo just sitting around in my locker.

Does a bunker warrior work? Just sit on a point and laugh off damage?

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Pretty much, obviously you need to be sitting on a point that the other team cares about though. If the point is already theirs and they are sitting on it, a bunker isn't going to do anything effective. You also help revive people and support your team via banners and warhorn abilities and stuff. This isn't other games where there's one build and that's it though, every profession has build options so don't think you can only play bunker.

Turncoat Mommy fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jan 9, 2014

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
Esports mode still doesnt have a knights (power prec toughness) neck.

Why is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Double Monocle posted:

Esports mode still doesnt have a knights (power prec toughness) neck.

Why is that?

I regard this as a blessing, because the fewer options sPvP players have for becoming more bunkery right now the better. :v:

• Locked thread