Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Bufuman posted:

While summons themselves are invaluable in 8 as Junction mules, as actual summons they're almost entirely unneeded. Early game: Junction high-level spells and beat the absolute tar out of everything with your beatsticks (or Card them to avoid EXP). The instant that ceases to be efficient? Aura and Limit Break spam. Not to mention that some attacks will straight up one-shot any GFs you're trying to summon (Edea's Maelstrom comes to mind, but I'm pretty sure there's others).

Nisi fallor, only the final battle with Ultimecia (and not every stage of it either) has an explicit "oh, you're summoning? how cute, let me instagib that GF before it arrives" attack. (Well, there's also Adel, but that fight discourages GF use in a different way.)

Several other enemies (notably Diabolos, Edea, Ultima/Omega Weapon, and again Ultimecia herself) use gravity attacks though, such as Edea's (and Ultimecia's) Maelstrom. And those interact with GF summoning because the damage is based on the health of the underlying character, not the health of the GF.

So while gravity attacks in normal circumstances will never kill their target, they can kill a relatively low HP GF summoned by a relatively high HP character. Which will inevitably be the situation eventually, if the character stays healthy but keeps summoning a GF as a shield against such an enemy. (On the flip side, if a low HP character summons a high HP GF, gravity attacks in that scenario will be a laughable scratch on the GF.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Ultimecia also can use Dispel to nullify Action Replay effects, apparently.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
DOINK

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Episode CV: Our Last Lessons

Music: Darkness

Democracy works sometimes. Occasionally. But not very well. I mean, the Hocus Pocus names were clearly the best options. But even I must abide by the rules put forth or else chaos would reign. The Magus Sisters are now re-dubbed Ozzie, Slash, and Flea after of course Ozzy Osbourne, former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash, and Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea. There was also this Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross games that may have had a trio possessing the same names. I dunno.

The Magus Sisters themselves hail from Final Fantasy IV, in which they were... kind of just a mid-boss lackey squad of the Archfiend Barbariccia fought in The Tower of Zot. And... no that's literally it. They were a forgettable mid-boss team from Final Fantasy IV and have never appeared again in the series until now. It's kind of a baffling deep cut reference choice.

I know Final Fantasy IV is really popular in Japan, but was there some deep fandom for this goofy one-off boss fight encounter? I don't even think they had lines.

Well, whatever. There's no further fanfare for the retrieval of the final aeons of Final Fantasy X. Take 'em and go!

But we are not leaving just yet. Now that we've obtained The Magus Sisters, Belgemine offers new summoning challenges for the three optional aeons, beginning with Yojimbo. Your funeral, lady. I mean... were you not already dead.

Music: Normal Battle

Well, I think we can manage a choice aeon selection here. Let's try out our new toy, shall we?

A trio of seeds descend from the heavens and sprout beautiful flowers which immediately tank the real estate value of Remiem Temple by punching holes in the temple floor. Do you know how expensive it is to get a mason to The Calm Lands?!

Using arcane life-giving summoner techniques, of which Yuna apparently possesses now, Yuna sprinkles magic dust all over the newly sprouted flowers. And from within the blossom, out pops...

Slash – The Tall One!!

Ozzie – The Fat One!!

And Flea – The Underaged One!

And so Yuna gains a sassy posse years before Final Fantasy X-2 was even envisioned! Meet The Magus Sisters.

The Magus Sisters are a bit weird to use. Yuna does not have direct control over them like most aeons. She instead, can only suggest actions for each sister and they will randomly choose what they will do. 'Do as you will' results in a random action. 'Help each other!' will cause healing and buffing actions for the group. There's also 'Go! Go! Go!' which will result in a random offensive attack. And if all three sisters fill their Overdrive meter, they can combine their powers for a big all-out Overdrive attack.

Cindy Ozzie knows a few third tier magic spells (and also Holy), but her bag is mostly healing and support. She has access to Cura, Dispel, Might Guard, Regen, Shell, Protect. She also has Camisade, a giant butt stomp that hurts like heck. Since she's fat so of course she has a butt stomp.

Mindy Flea is all about offense and is probably the single strongest aeon in the game. She knows all the third tier magic spells plus Flare and Ultima. But most importantly is this attack here: Passado.

This attack is a win button against any normal enemy in the game. And just about every normal boss as well. It doesn't seem like it's doing a lot of damage here because it's a physical attack and Belgemine's Yojimbo is quite sturdy. But it does hit 15 times. 5,000 HP x 15 is... if my calculations are correct...

Yojimbo is toast. We didn't even get to use Sandy Slash. She's all physical attacks all the time. Quite hard hitting ones. But only the one. It's kind of hard to show off the Magus Sister's abilities when they smoke everything instantly and what they choose to do is randomized. Rest assured, they're pretty good. Especially against foes that cannot be downed in a couple of rounds.

Agnes' big drawback is that she is slow as hell and if you cannot finish a battle in a turn or two, she's going to have to tank several rounds of punishment to try it again. Magus Sisters do not have such a problem.

Our reward for ganging up on and stomping Yojimbo are 8 Shadow Gems. Which could be used to teach an aeon Demi. If you wanted to do that for some weird reason.

Belgemine wants to continue with this farce. It's all she really has going for her these days. So let's not disappoint her.

Next up is Anima. Which dates Belgemine's death to within the last twenty years or so. Given Seymour's Mother didn't win the Parent of the Year award until Seymour was eight and the undead creeper is only 28 now. Unless the unsent can still collect aeons... Best not to think about it to much.

We'll bring the Magus Sisters out for another go with a Grand Summon by Yuna to fill their Overdrive gauges. Now we can have the flower... insect siblings go all Captain Planet in combining their powers to bring down the heavy metal album cover aeon.

Well, at least in theory we can. Have I mentioned the Magus Sisters, especially Ozzie, will sometimes decide they're not in the mood to listen to Yuna's suggests. That's fine... Take your time, ladies.

Slash was at least more responsive to the Overdrive suggestion. And so the trio performs Delta Attack.

Ozzie butt-stomps so hard, it draws her sisters and the enemy into another dimension. As you do. Seizure warning for everything that follows...

It's a very trippy display to get to the ultimate goal of just hitting the damage cap. It's almost impossible not to hit the damage cap with this overdrive.

Like Anima's Overdrive, the original Japanese and North American version of this attack is bugged/not working as intended. It's supposed to hit six times, not just once. It's fixed in the PAL/International/HD Remaster versions of the game.

Our reward is a boat load of Stamina Springs. These can be used to teach Drain on an aeon. Again... not sure of the point of doing so. But sure, Belgemine. I'm sure there's a pro-strat using it.

Regardless, one more round against Belgemine to go in order to finish up this side quest. We just obtained the Magus Sisters and now it's time to turn around and do battle against them.

Yeah no problem. Challenge accepted. I came into this side quest prepared.

Good old Agnes Guado had an Oblivion Overdrive tucked away for a rainy day like this one. She could have also easily just used her basic attack to one-shot each of the sisters individually. But c'mon. How many times is Oblivion going to be an appropriate use of force against a boss?

It was a nice try, Belgemine. I bet you didn't start this training challenge thinking that Valefor would be the only of your aeons not to get one-shot by Yuna's crack team of bizarrely named summons. :v:

Music: Darkness

Our reward for besting the enemy combatant Magus Sisters lets us teach an aeon Flare, if you're into that kinda thing. To this day, I don't believe I have ever bothered teaching any aeons new tricks. Yeah, lemme dig up McGruff and teach him Flare. That'll bring him back to the forefront of relevance!

*chuckle* “That's not possible.”
“Huh?”

“My work here on Spira is done. Time for me to go.”
“...”

Geez, Auron. Really eager to disintegrate the undead. We're given a choice as to whether or not we Send Belgemine. Though it is a false choice. The only way to complete the side quest is to perform the sending. If refused, Belgemine will just awkwardly stand around waiting in silence until Yuna does her duty.

Auron doesn't seem to mind hanging out for this Sending, unlike most other instances where he bailed immediately. Is it some kind of focused magic spell? Or thought it was an AOE thing. Or maybe there's different version of the Sending depending on if it's a group or individual. Meh... I'm thinking about this harder than the writers of Final Fantasy X ever did.

RIP Belgemine. You were kind of nothing but filler every time you appeared. But hey, you were one of the friendlier Unsent weirdos we've come across. And besides, with Belgemine's departure from Spira, she coughs up the Moon Sigil to complete Yuna's Nirvana set.

That concludes our time with Remiem Temple in Final Fantasy X. That's blow this side quest hub.

With that all taken care of, we can take yet another visit to the Seed of Resurrection to buff Yuna's Nirvana to full power.

Break Damage Limit and Triple Overdrive come standard equipped in the augmented Nirvana. Additionally, there's the One MP Cost like Lulu's Onion Knight. And Double AP, so Yuna can continue her strength training seminars with Auron at a brisk pace.

Nirvana has the same damage modifier as Lulu's Onion Knight. That is:
(10 + [100 * Yuna's current MP ๗ Yuna's Max MP]) ๗ 110

So the higher MP, the better damage. If you are hitting enemies with Yuna's staff like a crazy person. Additionally, the Moon Crest, which we've had since Besaid Island, broke Kazooie's damage cap. But ya know, good luck having that lame aeon dishing out enough damage to capitalize it until well past its point of obsolescence.

But at the end of the day, we've completed yet another Final Fantasy X Endgame side quest. Two in a row, in fact. Another Celestial Weapon down. All the aeons collected. If the end of the tunnel was blighted by Blitzball and Chocobo Racing, I'd say we might be able to see some light.

Alas... Final Fantasy X's Endgame marches onward into darkness... :smith:

Video: Episode 105 Highlight Reel
(Recommend Viewing: SEIZURE WARNING!)

The Magus Sisters Official Art

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think the implication is that Yuna can't control the Magus Sisters as well as her other Aeons since she has to focus on Summoning and controlling three at once, which is taxing on her mentally? And I thought "Combine your powers!" was a guaranteed action.

Also, the Magus Sisters, like Yojimbo, can't be taught any skills like Flare or whatever. Only the five mandatory Aeons and Anima get that treatment.

On one last note, Sandy has a signature move: Razzia, which is the coolest looking one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNt460gAA0w

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 17, 2016

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
As a note, due to Yuna being really fast (as in, attacking speed, not the Agility stat), Aeons being tied to her, and the Nirvana's damage proration being tied to MP when it gives One MP Cost and it being really easy to get, Yuna is basically always found on postgame teams.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
They all have unique attacks I think

if you dont learn it from using them, you certainly will when you face them as Dark Magus sisters

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Trasson posted:

As a note, due to Yuna being really fast (as in, attacking speed, not the Agility stat), Aeons being tied to her, and the Nirvana's damage proration being tied to MP when it gives One MP Cost and it being really easy to get, Yuna is basically always found on postgame teams.

Plus she is usually gonna be first to get the most powerful single target spell in the game. In my experience, she also tends to pull ahead of Lulu in magic so with a couple Black Magic Spheres there really is no point to Lulu later on in the game.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oh, I found a guide on GameFAQs. This should prove helpful.

[Ozzie's Abilities]

Attack
White Magic: Cure, Cura, Curaga, Life, Full-Life, Auto-Life
Black Magic: Drain, Osmose, Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga, Waterga, Flare, Ultima
Special: Pray
Aeon Special: Camisade (physical attack with 21/16 of normal 'Attack' power; targets one enemy)

[Slash's Abilities]

Attack
White Magic: Cure, Cura, Curaga, Haste, Protect, Shell, Reflect
Aeon Special: Razzia (physical attack with 21/16 of normal 'Attack' power; targets one enemy)
Other: NulAll (adds NulBlaze, NulFrost, NulShock, and NulTide; targets all allies) [HD only?]

[Flea's Abilities]

Attack
Black Magic: Drain, Osmose, Fira, Blizzaga, Thundara, Watera, Bio, Death, Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga, Waterga, Flare
Special: Lancet, Doublecast
Aeon Special: Passado (physical attack consisting of 15 hits, each with 1/8 of normal 'Attack' power; targets one enemy)

---

The Commands show up depending on circumstances. For instance, if one of the sisters have low HP, then you might get one of the commands suggesting healing. When at high HP, that command likely will not show up. I'm not going to list all of those scenarios, though, because there are guides for that thing.

"Do as you will." (All) -- Let the Sisters do as they please. As the name states, this command leaves the sisters to do whatever they want, without any particular direction.

* Ozzie may use Auto-Life, Full-Life, Life, Attack, Flare, or any of the "-ga" elemental spells. She may also "take a break".
* Slash really likes to cast Reflect on Ozzie (in order to set up Flea's magic spells). She may also use Razzia or Attack with this command. DO NOT use this command on Slash if you want the best chance to get Flea's Passado.
* Flea may cast (or even Doublecast) various black magic spells, but only if Ozzie has Reflect (all of Flea's magic from this command will target Ozzie). She may also use Passado or Attack, or she may just "take a break".

"One more time." (All) -- Ask the Sisters to repeat their previous action. The description is accurate; this tells the Sister to repeat her last action. She will comply...sometimes. Other times, she may use either her Aeon Special or a regular Attack. (Flea may also take a break.) Ozzie follows this command the best, but by default, each Sister has a better than 50% chance of doing whatever she did last. Note that for "last action" copying, Delta Attack and "Taking a break..." do not count, and other restrictions may apply (for example, Ozzie cannot cast Flare if she does not have enough MP).

"Fight!" (All) -- Ask the Sisters to physically attack. Regardless of which Sister is being commanded, she can only do three things here: her Aeon Special attack, a normal Attack, or "Taking a break..."

"Go, go!" (Ozzie) -- Ask Ozzie to use offensive magic and skills. Interestingly enough, the very first spell that Ozzie may do from this command is Pray (the chance she has of Praying depends on the percentage of her maximum HP she has lost). Failing that, she may use Osmose, Attack, Ultima, Flare, Drain, -ga black magic, Camisade, or "Taking a break..."

"Help each other!" (Ozzie) -- Ask Ozzie to use healing magic on her sisters. This is Ozzie's healing command, and the only way to access her Cure series besides "One more time."). Ozzie may cast Full-Life, Life, Auto-Life, Cure, Cura, or Curaga; she may use Camisade or "Taking a break..." as well.

There are safeguards against wasting MP (along with the turn) in place:
- Ozzie will not use Life/Full-Life if neither of her sisters has the KO status.
- She will not use Auto-Life if all three Sisters have Auto-Life. (Both of the above also apply for the same spells in "Do as you will.")
- She will not use Cure/Cura/Curaga if both of her sisters are at full HP. (She never casts Cure/Cura/Curaga on herself.)

"Defense!" (Slash) -- Ask Slash to use defensive and support magic. Slash may use the following: Shell, Protect, Haste, NulAll, Cure, Cura, Curaga, Razzia, Attack, or "Taking a break..." Cure/Cura/Curaga usage is dependent on her sisters not being at full HP.

"Are you alright?" (Flea) -- Ask Flea to absorb HP and MP from the enemy. This one is quite straightforward; Flea may only use Lancet, Drain, Osmose, or "Taking a break..." Obviously, if you are trying to get Passado, you should stay away from this command.

"Combine powers!" (All) -- Ask the Sisters for their combined attack. If all three Sisters have their Overdrive meters full and they are not in Curse status, this command appears on each Sister's turn. There are two possible outcomes from this command: Delta Attack and "Taking a break..." (the latter is extremely rare, however; the chances of it occurring are usually at or near zero).

"Dismiss" (All) -- Send aeon away. This works just like any other aeon's Dismiss command; the Sisters leave the battlefield and the characters take over again.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
Teaching Aeons skills is very rarely useful.

In fact, I can only come up with one time, and that's teaching Anima Haste. This is useful solely for dealing with Jumbo Flan and is only something you want to do if you're planning on taking on the Dark Aeons.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
The Magus Sisters stick out for me in a bad way.

My first experience with Final Fantasy IV was in SNES9x's old days. For some reason hard saves wouldn't work so I was stuck with save states. During the battle with the sisters, I accidentally hit the Save State button and like it did back then, a screen popped up prompting you to save it. To this day I swear I hit cancel, but I saved it with Tellah in critical, Yang knocked out and Cid and Cecil not in the best shape either. It was quite an uphill battle from there. And even though I know I can beat the tar out of them with my eyes closed now I still dread that fight whenever I play.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Plus she is usually gonna be first to get the most powerful single target spell in the game. In my experience, she also tends to pull ahead of Lulu in magic so with a couple Black Magic Spheres there really is no point to Lulu later on in the game.

Magic power has nothing to do with the postgame.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Magus Sisters Stuff!
Interestingly, you'll note that "Do as you will." is the only way to get Slash to cast Reflect, despite having the "Defense!" command and Reflect being a defensive spell.

Xenoveritas posted:

Teaching Aeons skills is very rarely useful.

In fact, I can only come up with one time, and that's teaching Anima Haste. This is useful solely for dealing with Jumbo Flan and is only something you want to do if you're planning on taking on the Dark Aeons.

Focus is also a help since it'll cut down Anima's received magic damage by a considerable amount, and Jumbo Flan is a dick about spamming powerful magics.

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!
If you're trying to take down the monster arena bosses with little to no grinding teaching the Aeons spells is hugely useful. Protect, Shell, Haste, Cheer, Focus, Regen, and Curaga on an Aeon will let you take on a lot of the bosses without needing to grind. Especially thanks to Aeon's inherent immunity to status effects and non-Aeon specific instant death attacks.

A lot of those fights are quite fun to figure out if you don't go in with the "I'll just grind my stats to absurdity before trying" mindset. A few of the harder ones are impossible though, or at least would require someone cleverer than me to figure out.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Kinda surprised that the ultimate aeon is a trio of bug-girl minibosses.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
My first play through had me going through the bonus dungeon with bahamut summoned by a yuna who had partially gone down aurons path as my heaviest hitter(really the only real good source of damage I had). Giving him haste and curaga was very useful.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Oh, I found a guide on GameFAQs. This should prove helpful.

[Ozzie's Abilities]

Aeon Special: Camisade (physical attack with 21/16 of normal 'Attack' power; targets one enemy)

[Slash's Abilities]

Aeon Special: Razzia (physical attack with 21/16 of normal 'Attack' power; targets one enemy)

I love this bit. Who the gently caress came up with 21/16 as the scale for these attacks?

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Didn't they also show up in FF6(FF3 in America)? I think they might have been called the delta sisters in that one though.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

Anchors posted:

Didn't they also show up in FF6(FF3 in America)? I think they might have been called the delta sisters in that one though.

You're probably thinking of THESE jokers. Not quite the Magus Sisters but they run similar gimmicks; one has support spells including Reflect (which all three will use to bounce spells onto your team) actually all three can cast Reflect on themselves if you hit them with enough magic (except for Laragorn, who somehow had that particularly quirk left out of his coding) after which they'll start bouncing spells at you, one can revive the others, and they've got the Delta Attack (which in FF6 doesn't actually damage, but inflicts Petrify instead). Unlike they Magus Sisters, they're not particularly loyal to each other; Larry/Laragorn can actually run away from battle if one or both of the others are dead.

Bufuman fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 18, 2016

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yuna's ultimate weapon essentially meant she soloed through the rest of the game. Her Holy casts were nuking everyone from orbit for 1 MP...it ruled.

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...

quote:

I like how Sandy Slash is posing like a 70's cigarette ad girl. "Malboro: Premier Spiran tobacco, premier flavor."

The Dark Id posted:

Democracy works sometimes. Occasionally. But not very well. I mean, the Hocus Pocus names were clearly the best options.

:hfive:

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
I didn't get far enough into my playthrough of FFX to get the Sisters and my friend who owned the game swore by Bahamut all day every day, so he never cared about any of the extra summons, so I never got to see them. I appreciate that most of their quirks from FF4 were faithfully recreated here. For anyone who didn't play FF4, the Magus Sisters' main two gimmicks were: Ozzie knows Life and WILL bring back her sisters if you don't kill her first, which makes the entire fight revolve around throwing everything you can at her, and the Delta Attack. It was less a special attack and more a scripted chain of moves on their part. They say a couple lines in the top box for in-battle dialogue, Ozzie unloads a physical attack on someone, then Slash casts Reflect on Ozzie and Flea launches a -3/-ga level spell at her which bounces and hits the whole party for a ton of loving damage. To a rookie player who wasn't expecting the mini-boss fight outta nowhere, these three can give you a pretty decent headache the first couple times you see them.

Kaptain
Oct 5, 2014
Seeing as old LP discussion tend to be a recurring topic in this thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEqOYn6Ncco

Guess who's back?as the usual Japanese online game weird crossover

Kaptain fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Feb 18, 2016

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
The main issue I have with Ozzie, Flea, and Slash is that not only do you not get to control them, but they sometimes choose not to act. Even Pay2Win will at least do something if you pay him even a single gil.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

It's annoying, but it's not like there's much out there that can seriously damage them with a round of actions.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
Aside from the Monster Arena bosses and Dark Aeons, anyway. Y'know, the stuff that you think would require your ultimate Aeons.

But yeah, there's only one storyline boss that losing a turn against could be dangerous, and that's its own special case.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
The celestial staff kinda looks like someone stuck a masquerade mask to the end of a stick.

So, do the Magus Sisters share one health bar like normal single being summons or could they potentially be still active, but unable to do the overdrive?

The Dark Id posted:

think about it to much.

Or thought it was an AOE thing.

That's blow this side quest hub.

Eruza
Sep 4, 2011

Zagglezig posted:

The celestial staff kinda looks like someone stuck a masquerade mask to the end of a stick.

So, do the Magus Sisters share one health bar like normal single being summons or could they potentially be still active, but unable to do the overdrive?

They each have their own health bars, but as someone said earlier, Ozzie can revive anyone who's dead.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Zagglezig posted:

They each have their own unique health bars, which is why Ozzie can cast Life/Auto-Life. If any of the Sisters is KO'd, then you can't use Delta Attack.

Ninjas. :argh:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Diplomacy has failed the Sanderson Sisters, but at least TDI was behind the idea :unsmith:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Kaptain posted:

But which brand of Weltall will it be? Personally hoping it's Id's.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wanted Square-Enix to remember Xenogears exists but not like this.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Come to think of it, I'm a bit surprised there wasn't a Magus Sisters dressphere in FFX-2.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

the newest xeno game just came out a couple months ago

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Looper posted:

the newest xeno game just came out a couple months ago

While I certainly do want to play XCX, it's not really related to Xenogears nor is it a Square-Enix thing at all.

I want them to finish Disk 2, basically.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Kaptain posted:

No loving way.

eta: What exactly is this? Not a remake or??

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Feb 18, 2016

Nimsant
May 7, 2015
It seems that Xenogears type robots will be included in a shooter-like big robot game. Like a crossover.

But I see it may be a PR step to prepare the audience for new Xenogears product (remake or sequel) . To remind some people it exists
Before NIER 2 news became public, NIER songs were included in theatrythm, NIER characters were included in arcade card game by SE.

More news on Xenogears x Figureheads will be released on Feb. 23 it seems.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Brainamp posted:

But which brand of Weltall will it be? Personally hoping it's Id's.

Hate to break it, but that outline looked pretty vanilla Weltall to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Derek Barona posted:

Hate to break it, but that outline looked pretty vanilla Weltall to me.

Yeah, that's the original Weltall.

Good lord though, the music gave me chills.

• Locked thread