Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

SpacePig posted:

Oh, man, uhhh... Ask.. uhhhh... Ask your mom? Did i do this right?

I'll allow it.

Also I just had a thought: if you're reviewing a paper about how peer review often doesn't result in major changes to a paper, how do you resist asking for massive pointless changes? I'm not sure I'm strong enough to pass up that sort of opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

SpacePig posted:

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Oh, man, uhhh... Ask.. uhhhh... Ask your mom? Did i do this right?

Yeah, I've seen a lot of them as well, but it's almost more reductive and insulting than "stop bullying". It's more to the tune of "Instead of asking that guns be banned, maybe take pity on that nerd and talk to them for once, because that's literally the only thing that leads to school shootings." It's coming from the exact people that you would expect it to, ie: People who would've bullied these nerds into the ground back in their day, but view themselves as perfect angels in adulthood.

I've seen that too. There's a really condescending letter, supposedly written by a teacher, that has been floating around.

The problem is that bullying is an issue, but it's so transparently an attempt at distraction.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Trig Discipline posted:

So uh...I hesitate to ask but are there details about these gynocentric massacres?

Oh I dunno haven't you ever heard of a little thing called, the Amazons???

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

Pfffff I've used amazon.de, amazon.com, and amazon.fr in the past week.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
For real though gynocentrism is apparently a real term?

quote:

Beginning with second-wave feminism in the 1970s, the term gynocentrism has been used to describe difference feminism, which was shift towards understanding and accepting gender differences, in contrast to equality feminism.

According to University of Massachusetts philosopher Christa Hodapp, in modern men's movements gynocentrism is described as a continuation of the courtly love conventions of medieval times whereby women were valued as a quasi-aristocratic class, and males a lower serving class. This antifeminist viewpoint describes feminism as the perpetuation of oppressive medieval conventions such as devotional chivalry and romanticized relationships, instead of as a movement towards liberation.

So these gynocentrist massacres are, ummm, all the dumb poo poo men have done in an effort to get laid?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I've seen that too. There's a really condescending letter, supposedly written by a teacher, that has been floating around.

The problem is that bullying is an issue, but it's so transparently an attempt at distraction.

Yeah, that's the biggest thing. Once the gun debate is swept away again, if we try to do anything serious about addressing bullying, it'll just be people crying snowflake and saying that they put up with it and turned out fine or whatever. It's like how people only bring up helping the homeless when it's suggested that refugees be helped or something.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

zoux posted:

These 14 year old girls? Would not, personally.

The right's obsession over "right wing girls are prettier" has always been dumb, but when applied to teenagers it shows that it can get even worse !

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

EL BROMANCE posted:

Thank you, yes this is the reason. Couldn’t care about anyone’s sexual orientation/gender status or the snark to men, I follow plenty accounts like that, but the fact they got busted for stealing insane amounts of content and got paid writing work off it. They didn’t apologize and just brushed it under the rug until it went away. No better than @dory or @commonwhitegirl and all that poo poo.

I don't know who dory or commonwhitegirl are and thus dont know or care why you'd be this upset over it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Speaking of pretty right wing girls, here's Tomi Lahren talking about she kicks her dog (she does not kick it in the video)
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/974138635170787328?s=19

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Anyone have that image of :thunk: growing larger and more distorted so I can edit it into this post?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Glazier posted:

Oddly enough most estradiol pills are blue, at least mine are. In other news we finally found the Jeep's Reddit Alt.

Gynocentric Regime would make a pretty awesome username.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Anyone have that image of :thunk: growing larger and more distorted so I can edit it into this post?

I'm afraid I don't. Use this in the meantime!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

My aunt just shared this...time to get into a family argument!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

I'm afraid I don't. Use this in the meantime!

I don't have that one either but I quite like this one

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
https://i.imgur.com/Lnl1RFl.mp4

Trig Discipline posted:

So uh...I hesitate to ask but are there details about these gynocentric massacres?

From the link in the image:

quote:

The work we are made to do compared to women take a massive toll on our lifespan and how long we have to live, in short its like a concentration camp but we are only being killed off much slower as well as more cruelly in agony. The only difference is that those in the concentration camps died quicker deaths than the ones men currently are in.

The comments are worth a read, too, if only for sheer :psyduck:.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

Speaking of pretty right wing girls, here's Tomi Lahren talking about she kicks her dog (she does not kick it in the video)
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/974138635170787328?s=19
That dog is scared as hell.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Trig Discipline posted:

It's always war, prison, and suicide statistics. Sometimes heavy manual labor. If men truly ran society, why is it we send dudes to die in the trenches? Think about it.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It's always war, prison, and suicide statistics. Sometimes heavy manual labor. If men truly ran society, why is it we send dudes to die in the trenches? Think about it.

Cause if we sent women their periods would fill up those trenches.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Yawgmoth posted:

Gynocentric Regime would make a pretty awesome username.

Agreed 😊

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Who What Now posted:

I don't know who dory or commonwhitegirl are and thus dont know or care why you'd be this upset over it.

Sorry for talking about idiots on social media in this, the thread about idiots on social media.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

EL BROMANCE posted:

Sorry for talking about idiots on social media in this, the thread about idiots on social media.

You can't just say they're IoSM, you gotta show it.

Please? I like idiots. They make me feel better about myself.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Huh it looks like I’m actually too late, as twitter booted them off a few days ago. They were just two examples of accounts that would just steal endless amounts of content, and probably monetized it in the process.

https://twitter.com/buzzfeednews/status/972567779567169536?s=21

Here’s an article about it, I’m about to read it too.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

jivjov posted:

If only there were some sort of licensing process to certify you are able to operate a car.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

she will just respond with another sound bite of spurious bullshit

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

conservatives are a dying species, so they have to protect every fetus on the off chamce it grows up to be as lovely as them

From a couple pages ago, but it reminded me of this article about how the Koch brothers have set up a charity to donate books to schools. And you thought the Koch bros were bad!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

mds2 posted:

If only there were some sort of licensing process to certify you are able to operate a car.

But even with the license, people still do it! So enforcement is obviously entirely ineffective!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

hawowanlawow posted:

she will just respond with another sound bite of spurious bullshit

I went ahead and touched the poop...and so far she hasn't actually replied. Got a bunch of her contemporaries chiming in though. Including the ever popular "since when do we ask kids how to run the country, anyway?"

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I guess since you elected a goddamn child as president?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/tankietakes/status/974047401056067586

*A Christmas Story voice*. It ..was...woke...poisoning

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

captainOrbital posted:

I guess since you elected a goddamn child as president?

I went with "well, kids are the ones getting literally murdered in geometry class"

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

jivjov posted:

I too remember the time a teen purchased a car and a cell phone with the express purpose of murdering 17 people

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

jivjov posted:

Texting while driving is dangerous, which is why it's against the law in most (all?) states.

Fake Edit: Content:
https://twitter.com/GNCordova/status/974299410581655552

This can't be real, can it? Snapchat didn't actually have a poll about whether or not Rihanna had it coming?

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

Death by snu-snu is real?

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Avenging_Mikon posted:

You can't just say they're IoSM, you gotta show it.

Please? I like idiots. They make me feel better about myself.

Read up on TheFatJew. He is the worst of the bunch because he is probably the most succesful of the bunch.
Article about his joke stealing.
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/the-fat-jew-joke-theft-victims-speak-out-20150820
His twitter. Take a gander at that pinned tweet.
https://twitter.com/fatjew?lang=en

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Sarcopenia posted:

Read up on TheFatJew. He is the worst of the bunch because he is probably the most succesful of the bunch.
Article about his joke stealing.
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/the-fat-jew-joke-theft-victims-speak-out-20150820
His twitter. Take a gander at that pinned tweet.
https://twitter.com/fatjew?lang=en

I listened to the IDoTV podcast about his book! TheFatJew is a slimebucket.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, that pastor who was stealing jokes came up again recently too. FatJewish sucks so much, but just plain ignoring people calling you out on your poo poo seems to keep these dummies careers active and it’s easier than working on their own material.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I listened to the IDoTV podcast about his book! TheFatJew is a slimebucket.
:same:
When I wrote that I couldn't remember the third thing I wanted to link to but that was it!
http://www.idontevenownatelevision.com/2016/06/12/057-money-pizza-respect/

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Marry me!

(No don't, I'm terribly broken) :razzy:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Skwirl posted:

Texting while driving is dangerous, which is why it's against the law in most (all?) states.

Fake Edit: Content:
https://twitter.com/GNCordova/status/974299410581655552

This can't be real, can it? Snapchat didn't actually have a poll about whether or not Rihanna had it coming?
Loving all the shitheads outing themselves with "violence is violence so you're just as bad as him :smuggo:" on the one girl saying she'd punch chris brown if given the chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Marry me!

(No don't, I'm terribly broken) :razzy:

Same. :shehuck: