Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

sba posted:

I think I'm going into a holding pattern to see what the FansToys Menasor looks like compared to the XTB one - even though I've already got the 2 XTB limbs already. That FT Motormaster is beaaaautiful

It not only looks better, it can do either Studio Ox version or G1 cartoon accurate version, whichever you prefer (as can Superion). XTB is nice and I'm going to continue getting them because I'm a Stunticon mark, but FT blows it completely out of the water in every respect, combined form and individual bots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I got the KO Nero Rex and I was pretty happy with him overall. Some of those non-slip pads to keep him from moving in combined mode were necessary but overall considering I got him for less than $90 shipped including the alternate combined mode claws and a better lion head.
I wish the robot heads weren't big for some reason, but ehhh...

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
That Fanstoys pick your guy one is rad.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So how does that work? Is he basically a triple (quadruple I guess?) changer with two different robot modes?

Or are there two different figures?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Is there a 3rd party TF wiki or something so I can go through all the options? I know TFwiki are cunts about it

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

yes, because it's totally unreasonable to keep focus on your franchise's official stuff and not unofficial things

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Can you imagine how much extra moderation work it would take to keep the Toy sections on TFWiki from degrading into 3P marketing copy and/or mudslinging between 3PMP companies? It'd destroy the site's credibility and introduce countless conflicts of interest.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Not to mention, Hasbro has to retain plausible deniability for 3rd party stuff to continue to exist. If the wiki starts playing host to third party content, Hasbro has to stop communicating with them, and the wiki has gotten news and information directly from them in the past. The fandom would be losing a valuable resource.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

Can you imagine how much extra moderation work it would take to keep the Toy sections on TFWiki from degrading into 3P marketing copy and/or mudslinging between 3PMP companies? It'd destroy the site's credibility and introduce countless conflicts of interest.

You mean like if they let people make pages for Chevrolet and Ford on Wikipedia?

If TFwiki made the editorial decision not to include them because of Hasbro ties, that's understandable. But their pages on the subject are so ridiculously loving snoot-in-the-air

Nodosaur posted:

yes, because it's totally unreasonable to keep focus on your franchise's official stuff and not unofficial things

You don't say

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Meowgatron

GD_American fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 15, 2019

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I definitely want to look up info on a toy and find 20 pages listing every third party, knockoff third party, knockoff first party, oversized knockoff first party, and oversized knockoff third party figure ever made. Yes, I am Rhyno and have stolen Endless Mike's account!!!!!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

GD_American posted:

You mean like if they let people make pages for Chevrolet and Ford on Wikipedia?

If TFwiki made the editorial decision not to include them because of Hasbro ties, that's understandable. But their pages on the subject are so ridiculously loving snoot-in-the-air

Chevrolet and Ford aren't businesses that revolve entirely around IP theft.

oh no, the thing that's from the thing run by Hasbro employees and authorized by Hasbro and part of Hasbro's activities with the brand

I sure am owned.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

GD_American posted:

Is there a 3rd party TF wiki or something so I can go through all the options? I know TFwiki are cunts about it

Someone should make one, similarly we need a good wiki for Go-Bots/Machine Robo and other transforming robot lines outside of Transformers

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

Someone should make one, similarly we need a good wiki for Go-Bots/Machine Robo and other transforming robot lines outside of Transformers

http://gbwiki.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
anything wrong with this one?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

aside from afaik being run by mignash?

no.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Nodosaur posted:

Chevrolet and Ford aren't businesses that revolve entirely around IP theft.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1054588/

:haw:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I said entirely, not that it never happened.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

GD_American posted:

I tend to just go through TFSource to see what’s listed—since they still have photos of out of stock stuff, which BBTS doesn’t—and cross reference whatever looks neat with the TFW2005 boards (though I can only take so much—Jeez guys, scale didn’t even matter in the loving cartoon, for God’s sake) and/or YouTube videos.

There’s also a TFW2005 thread that lists MP possibilities for pretty much every canon character which is pretty handy.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Nodosaur posted:

aside from afaik being run by mignash?

no.

what's a mignash

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Guy known for being a troll on the wiki and trying to force covering of 3rd party stuff on the wiki, does what is essentially free marketing for them on TFW and other sites, tirelessly tries to set people against Hasbro, that kinda dude.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So is Siege Ratchet part of Wave 2 or...

When should I start pestering all the Walgreens employees?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Just buy it online. It's easier.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

So is Siege Ratchet part of Wave 2 or...

We STILL haven't seen any photos or gotten an official announcement yet. Ratchet is my #1 most-wanted Transformer, so I check TFW2005 every day in hope.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Spiderdrake posted:

Just buy it online. It's easier.

Brainstorm never showed up online on their website as far as I know.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Brainstorm never showed up online on their website as far as I know.

He did as that us how I got mine.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Are there any pictures of Ratchet? I am pretty happy with Prime RID Ratchet, but I could be persuaded to piss away money hunting one down across the ocean...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dayum, US retailers are expecting FT Motormaster as soon as Friday! I forgot to order it and it paid off as my last order with TCP put my rewards over the minimum to get a $100 gift cert so it's gonna cost me $80!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Arquinsiel posted:

Are there any pictures of Ratchet? I am pretty happy with Prime RID Ratchet, but I could be persuaded to piss away money hunting one down across the ocean...

He's basically a white Ironhide, no pictures when I run a search for "Transformers Siege Ratchet."

Rhyno posted:

He did as that us how I got mine.

Perhaps you were more patient than I. There's a lot of "not available online" on their website... I found a couple in-store and I want to say I sent one to a secret santee that year? That was the end of my checking for Brainstorm online, at any rate.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I just saw this gallery https://imgur.com/gallery/9P4Al3f

Anil Dikshit fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 16, 2019

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

This is pretty much the peak outcome of the Michael Bay series. This is what it was all for.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Well drat it I came here all excited to share this but now it's just going to go unnoticed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Someone posted that before, I have Sirtoys looking for them.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

RoboToyBase (formerly chimimung.com or whatever, so they're good people) has them in stock, that's where I stole the picture from.
https://robotoybase.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=5019
They've been having PayPal issues with US customers lately with ordering through the site checkout, but if SirToys can't find one you could try shooting them an email and they can send you an invoice. I've done that for some of the obscure KO stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The TDW Abominus kit showed up yesterday, put it all together today. While not the best, it's not the nightmare some have reported. The leg bits could be more secure but it really beefs him up so I'll say it was worth the purchase for how nice he now looks.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
So, I was fiddling with my mp36, and this hinged piece fell off. Sorry for the blurry picture. The schmutz on the opening is from where I was trying to use an eraser to grip the flat screw to reattach it. What’s the correct fix for this?

Anil Dikshit fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 16, 2019

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
drat that suuuuuuucks. Note to self: Never touch Megatron again.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

TheDK posted:

drat that suuuuuuucks. Note to self: Never touch Megatron again.

Nothing’s broken, that pin-screw looks like it’ll screw right back in, but I’m not sure of the best way to get it screwed in.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Siege is murdering my slush fund. Preordered a set of Refraktors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Siege is murdering my slush fund. Preordered a set of Refraktors.

Same here. And 2 brunts for trypticon