Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Do Downfall but he can't find a PS5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

The best Zelda game was James bond 007.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
We may not have been that far off from getting James Bond in the original Smash Bros.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

FoolyCharged posted:

On the original gameboy? Yeah probably

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

FoolyCharged posted:

I mean, Link's Awakening is right there, but that James Bond game was still pretty dope.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

autoscrollers are good

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Jagged Alliance is the best combat based turn-based game ever, and it's hard for me to say this in regard to XCom:3 and the Battle Isle series.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The fact that nobody has been able to make anything remotely close to a successor to Jagged Alliance 2 in 20 years is one of the great mysteries of gaming to me. Surely there is some market for a game like that, and it wouldn't be that expensive? Hell, just make a glorified remaster.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I liked Jagged Allince back in action, that weird lovely hosed up 3D jagged alliance game

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Is there an indie spiritual sequel to the original, turn based Front Mission?

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Front mission had like a ton of sequels though, keeping the turn based thing? Or if you're more after the aesthetic, Into The Breach might be of interest (no rpg stats tho).

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Serephina posted:

Front mission had like a ton of sequels though, keeping the turn based thing? Or if you're more after the aesthetic, Into The Breach might be of interest (no rpg stats tho).

into the breach is more of a puzzle game, that also features mechs.

it's extremely good though.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

jokes posted:

I liked Jagged Allince back in action, that weird lovely hosed up 3D jagged alliance game

My favorite thing about it at launch was that you couldn't loot a cleared sector from the map screen like in previous Jalliances but had to run around and pick up everything by hand. They patched it in later but jesus fuckin christ

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
I got Pathway for free on Epic and it was pretty fun, kind of a mashup of FTL and Jagged Alliance, in a very Indiana Jones setting. Pretty short unfortunately and the replayability isn‘t that great.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Guys, video games!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Oh, I dunno...

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Sounds dangerous

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Where?! *ducks*

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I have been meaning to play a video game but haven't gotten around to it this year

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’ve been replaying Bioshock Infinite. Graphics are still pretty amazing and the floating city of Columbia is extremely well done. Combat is decent but not anything special. The vigors are mostly uninspired. Some are decent, most are crap. Guns all feel way overpowered. I love the skyhook though, nothing feels greater than zipping around on the rollercoaster and pouncing on an enemy.

But let’s just all agree that the plot and story are complete and utter rear end so we don’t have to derail four pages worth of discussion over it.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I am playing Atom Rpg Trudograd and theres too much loving reading

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

runnypoops posted:

I am playing Atom Rpg Trudograd and theres too much loving reading

more like turdograd, am i right

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i like reading a lot in games. I like Sunless Sea and King of Dragon Pass and Disco Elysium. I also read the books in Elder Scrolls games.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I also read the books in Elder Scrolls games.

I make sure I have exactly one copy of every book in the game for when I decide to read them, and then stop reading them after number two or three. The collecting does not stop, however.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Bioshock infinite is still worth playing just for the visuals and music

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

chglcu posted:

I make sure I have exactly one copy of every book in the game for when I decide to read them, and then stop reading them after number two or three. The collecting does not stop, however.

In Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim I always have a character with the custom class "librarian" and my whole objective is to get a copy of every book in the game. I always have a lot of fun with those characters.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

flavor.flv posted:

Bioshock infinite is still worth playing just for the visuals and music

What if I think Bioshock 1 really, really, really, really, really, really sucks?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

But let’s just all agree that the plot and story are complete and utter rear end so we don’t have to derail four pages worth of discussion over it.

Yes, let's all agree on this true and factual statement

speaking of do i remember correctly that you fight a loving ghost at some point? What the gently caress, Bioshock Infinite?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

In Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim I always have a character with the custom class "librarian" and my whole objective is to get a copy of every book in the game. I always have a lot of fun with those characters.

How do you know if you have them all or already have a copy at home?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

ilmucche posted:

How do you know if you have them all or already have a copy at home?

I will shamefully admit to using a mod to identify books I've yet to read in order to make a complete collection :shepicide:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

https://www.diablowiki.net/The_Archivist_(april_fools)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

i just tried to play the wildly underrated syndicate 2012 and it appears to be impossible now :( I'm guessing something to do with securom?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
looks like there a bunch of reasons it could be happening

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Syndicate_(2012)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

site posted:

looks like there a bunch of reasons it could be happening

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Syndicate_(2012)

oh thanks, i'll try some of those - all the people i found with my problem hadn't managed to fix it.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
That's a super helpful wiki for old games. They're not all unplayable but Dishonored or whatever hugely benefits from a few tweaks.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

didn't work :(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

What if I think Bioshock 1 really, really, really, really, really, really sucks?

I thought Bioshock 1 was boring and enjoyed Infinite.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I really loved bioshock 1 and infinite, didn't get on with bioshock 2 though, felt like a rushed cash in. Folk say the gunplay is better but i sure as heck ain't playing bioshock to shoot things

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Bioshock 1 vibes like crazy. Its got a cool rear end atmosphere, creepy enemies and really nice environments. Who cares if the combat is kinda lame? Go play Halo instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

John Galt spotted