Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Dango Bango posted:

The worst part about the Cesaro swing camera cuts is Rollins is doing incredible selling for it including taking off the jacket mid swing. And the camera cuts obscure it!

For real. I’ve found everything that Seth does absolutely cringeworthy for probably years now, but that sell was great. The best thing I’ve seen from him in forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I really, really wish Seth had brought the mic back to his face so he could go "AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" loud as gently caress.

Like, if there was ever one thing to crank up the house mic for.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

MJeff posted:

I really, really wish Seth had brought the mic back to his face so he could go "AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" loud as gently caress.

Like, if there was ever one thing to crank up the house mic for.

Like it would be really gross, but hilarious is if whoever was getting spun around would just start projectile puking in a perfect circle. Cesaro puking on the person he's spinning around would also be Jackass acceptable.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

GrimGypsy posted:

cesaro could be such a big loving deal; such things are hard to measure but he might be WWE's biggest waste of potential talent in modern history. Or Sami maybe but they've let Sami be involved in main event stuff

At least he’s getting to work a programme with someone considered main event talent, which is a vast improvement on what he had before, which was pretty much “sweet gently caress-all.”

Dango Bango posted:

The worst part about the Cesaro swing camera cuts is Rollins is doing incredible selling for it including taking off the jacket mid swing. And the camera cuts obscure it!

Rollins gets a lot of poo poo, plenty of it deserved, but he’s good at this wrestling stuff. Not wearing a shirt under the jacket and only one gloved hand is also a nice touch. Something about it just makes him look like such a pretentious penis.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Feb 27, 2021

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rollins’ selling has always been impeccable even at the depths of his dorkiness

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he sold for the fiend by crying lol

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Quantum of Phallus posted:

he sold for the fiend by crying lol

Selling your dignity is still selling.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

whyyyy the gently caress did they turn Apollo heel aghhhhhh

cutting a babyface promo about his heritage and they have the loving thunderdome booing the poo poo out of him

AGHHHHHH

Because the WWE is a racist company, OP.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

seth rollins and the miz inexplicably having good chemistry together always made me laugh

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Honestly Apollo Crews has been on the main roster for five years soon and he's done gently caress all. If turning heel by being proud of being Nigerian gets him over then at least that's something.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

nobody gets over

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If Seth didn't talk he'd be fine but every time he opens his mouth for a promo it's garbage. He did a great job selling that swing.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Was Brennan Williams released during the Great Covid Purge? I was just looking at his Twitter, and it's all about his vtuber stuff and doesn't mention WWE.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Nipponophile posted:

Was Brennan Williams released during the Great Covid Purge? I was just looking at his Twitter, and it's all about his vtuber stuff and doesn't mention WWE.

don't you mean MACE?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Ganso Bomb posted:

Has anyone recut any older WWF stuff to make it look like its modern counterpart? I remember people used to get satellite feeds of the shows that seemed like they were only the hardcam - it'd be fun to see how much you can gently caress up these old shows if you have the right resources.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hahahhahaha

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

JESUS

bartok
May 10, 2006

shiksa posted:

its a terrible implementation of a pretty bad idea and they went ALL FUCKIN IN on it. I saw some clips from early pandemic wwe and even the PC trainee crowds clapping and booing on cue was a major improvement.

I think they had to stand for the entire three hours pretending that they were enjoying Raw.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

bartok posted:

I think they had to stand for the entire three hours pretending that they were enjoying Raw.

Whoa whoa, no.

They had to stand for like 12 hour sessions recording multiple episodes of TV and weren't allowed to sit.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Vandar posted:

It's been said before but...they have arguably the greatest roster in their history and they do absolutely loving nothing with it. :negative:

When even Brandon Cutler and Peter Avalon, high-level jobbers at best, are more interesting than most of your roster...

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

CobiWann posted:

When even Brandon Cutler and Peter Avalon, high-level jobbers at best, are more interesting than most of your roster...

When goddamn Dr. Luther the Original Death Dealer etc is more over and entertaining than most of your roster...

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

that's pre-covid AEW actually

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Vandar posted:

When goddamn Dr. Luther the Original Death Dealer etc is more over and entertaining than most of your roster...

It's because AEW knows how to play to someone's strengths and hide their weaknesses. WWE has Paul Heyman, who was a wiz at that (loving 911!), and still can't pull it off.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

yea ok posted:

that's pre-covid AEW actually

AEW never did a 3 million person gate at the Silverdome, BROTHER!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

CobiWann posted:

It's because AEW knows how to play to someone's strengths and hide their weaknesses. WWE has Paul Heyman, who was a wiz at that (loving 911!), and still can't pull it off.

They let him book Raw for like 2 months and then he got canned for Pritchard. To be honest it wasn't that great either. I'll give Heyman credit, he featured people who weren't on WWE TV in 2010 unlike now. But it was still pretty bad. I don't think Heyman has it anymore.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

SonicRulez posted:

They let him book Raw for like 2 months and then he got canned for Pritchard. To be honest it wasn't that great either. I'll give Heyman credit, he featured people who weren't on WWE TV in 2010 unlike now. But it was still pretty bad. I don't think Heyman has it anymore.

its hard to tell exactly how much influence he had vs vince, and its pretty clear he was used as a scape goat on the office side of things (i.e. aj styles getting convinced that paul heyman was responsible for his friends getting fired during the pandemic)

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

paul heyman's extreme cuck fetish was very bad for the quality of raw

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Aye Doc posted:

paul heyman's extreme cuck fetish was very bad for the quality of raw

he peed on the poop

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

They hired him because they wanted to bury a prominent gay wrestler to keep him out of competition and welp mission accomplished
It certainly does feel that way, doesn't it?

When he signed, my response was basically "eh, they have the Undercover Boss clip of him telling Stephanie he'll be the first openly gay WWE Champion; makes sense both because of that goal and because that's the type of backstory WWE loves to use." Boy, was I naive.

The big indictment of WWE that they really don't get nearly enough poo poo for is the number of can't-miss superstars they've completely bungled in the last few years. Strowman is not just a Vince fantasy made whole, but a guy who improved rapidly as he ascended. Matt Riddle—though outed as a creep—is still a jacked up shooter who looks like Kerry Von Erich and can be charming on camera. And so on. But it's way beyond Jake Atlas.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

he peed on the poop

was that on Talking Smack or what

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I wonder if Jake was one of the guys who Tony Khan was referring to on WOL when he talked about how he gave certain people the full court press when AEW was starting up, decided not to come and now regretted it.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I wonder if Jake was one of the guys who Tony Khan was referring to on WOL when he talked about how he gave certain people the full court press when AEW was starting up, decided not to come and now regretted it.

come home Jake :smith:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

i thought it was pretty interesting that Tony Khan over his various F4W interviews recently hasn't talked a whole lot about guys not in AEW, but he did make a point of saying he agreed with the Most Underrated verdict

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

davidbix posted:

The big indictment of WWE that they really don't get nearly enough poo poo for is the number of can't-miss superstars they've completely bungled in the last few years. Strowman is not just a Vince fantasy made whole, but a guy who improved rapidly as he ascended. Matt Riddle—though outed as a creep—is still a jacked up shooter who looks like Kerry Von Erich and can be charming on camera. And so on. But it's way beyond Jake Atlas.

They took Aleister Black, one of the most instantaneously magnetic wrestlers in the business, and changed his gimmick to being a guy who sits in closets and gets mad about being ding-dong dashed. There is no floor.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

CarlCX posted:

They took Aleister Black, one of the most instantaneously magnetic wrestlers in the business, and changed his gimmick to being a guy who sits in closets and gets mad about being ding-dong dashed. There is no floor.

Then what the hell were Bayley and Sasha lying on while crying?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CarlCX posted:

Not only that, they managed to convince their fans that those guys are "losers" if they can't "make it" in WWE.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The SF2 one is my favorite

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Paul Heyman's RAW was the definition of "improved to a decline"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 27 minutes!

Davros1 posted:

Not only that, they managed to convince their fans that those guys are "losers" if they can't "make it" in WWE.

How can WWE be blamed for not getting the Satanic Dutch kickboxer over? I mean, how would you even market someone that boring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It doesn't matter who the booker is so long as Vince gets final say. Heyman wasn't great but yeah, at least he was pushing talented guys who are now sitting on their asses doing nothing.