Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
That's true >.>

(It's almost certainly going to come up worthless if you're not Jason, so I wouldn't worry about it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Gwaihir posted:

I think it's got 7s to you if you're in 1924, you're at 8 hexes range which puts it at medium for all weapons, so 3 base + 2 range + 2 (your movement + light woods)

Yeah, but most of those weapons are pulse lasers. But that cancels with 2 intervening light woods so yeah 7s. 9s for the lrms. 1824 is starting to look good all the sudden.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 29, 2016

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Shots from the Warhawk and Hellbringer get a ton worse there though since you give up both a move mod and woods cover, as well as exposing yourself to a kick from the Warhawk. 1824 is uhhhhh bad news.

If you have to pick between better shots for 4 cERPPCs vs 2MPLs and 2 LPLs, pick the lasers every time

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

PoptartsNinja posted:

You do lose something for trying. Namely: ghost targets have a tendency to annoy me. This mission's already huge, please don't force me to roll extra dice that will do nothing 95% of the time.

Standard ECM disrupts any Artemis-equipped missile system that draws LOS through an enemy ECM bubble. Which I may have forgotten to check for last turn (this is a big mission).

Couldn't you just houserule that ghost targets always hits but just gives +1 to hit? :d

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Gwaihir posted:

Shots from the Warhawk and Hellbringer get a ton worse there though since you give up both a move mod and woods cover, as well as exposing yourself to a kick from the Warhawk. 1824 is uhhhhh bad news.

If you have to pick between better shots for 4 cERPPCs vs 2MPLs and 2 LPLs, pick the lasers every time

True. The better idea would be 1723 but it's still poo poo for various reasons, though it would reduce the Hellbringer to only PPCs against me. Just gotta do what Dadlases do best and take a ton of fire.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Mar 29, 2016

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

Gwaihir posted:

Due remember that the warhawk lost half of it's ERPPC's.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Shinarato posted:

Due remember that the warhawk lost half of it's ERPPC's.

The Hellbringer has the other half.

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
Ah, I see now. I havn't been paying attention that much to that side of the bushes. Kinda distracted.

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014
Gonna move to 1928 and face 2027. Fire both LPL and both LBX-10s at Warhawk, with Hellbringer as a second option if Dadlas manages to take out the Warhawk.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I'm not saying you can't do it, I just want to make sure the players who do try understand it's probably not going to work.

Here's the breakdown:
Jason needs to roll a 4+ to trigger Ghost Targets, the Bane needs a 5+, and most other players will need a 7+. Roll below and you get no benefit from the ECM. If they were a normal piloting roll that's it, you'd give your enemy a +1 to hit you and be done with it.

But here's the kicker, Ghost Targets aren't a normal piloting test. They're an opposed Margin of Success / Margin of Failure test. Which means even if the roll is passed the ECM still does nothing if the margin of success is too low. Ghost Targets adds +1 to the enemy's ToHit for every 2 stages the roll exceeds the piloting test, which means even though Jason "needs" a 4, he needs a 6+ to get a +1 bonus, an 8+ to get a +2, a 10+ for a +3, and a 12 for a +4. Meanwhile, a normal pilot needs a 9+ to get any use out of the Ghost Targets and an 11+ to break even.

These results can then be ignored by the enemy with an opposed piloting test. They need to beat a piloting + margin of success test. So Jason needs to roll an 8+ to break even on this test and force the Clanners to test at +2, while normal pilots need an 11+ to do the same. Assuming they do break even the Clanners will have to roll 4 + 2 + (actuator / gyro damage) to ignore the Ghost Targets anyway. So they need a 6+. If Jason rolls boxcars they need an 8+ and, assuming you don't break even but are just trying to apply a +1?

5+

So yeah. Ghost Targets are really, really stupid.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Jesus, that's Games Workshop levels of dice bucketing, though I suppose if were a GW product the failure results would include improving your enemy's shooting or having your pilot somehow kill himself with neural feedback or something.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Why are Ghost Targets a piloting test anyway, out of curiosity? It's computer fuckery. Being able to run through a concrete obstacle course at full speed without falling doesn't magically make your computer better at projecting false signatures. It certainly doesn't make the opponent's computer pick out the real thing easier. You'd think it'd be a gunnery test on the opposing end, if anything.

Endomorphic
Jul 25, 2010

Zaodai posted:

Why are Ghost Targets a piloting test anyway, out of curiosity? It's computer fuckery. Being able to run through a concrete obstacle course at full speed without falling doesn't magically make your computer better at projecting false signatures.
Decent hologram AI is lostech. The pilot has to compensate by only moving strictly from the center of one hexagonal tile to another, aligned to the GPS-equivalent hex coordinate axis. That way the opposing computers can't tell the real pilot apart from the ghost targets, because they're all doing that weird zigzag dance like they're playing Fallout 2.

It's tricky to do in a mech.

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010

Zaodai posted:

Why are Ghost Targets a piloting test anyway, out of curiosity? It's computer fuckery. Being able to run through a concrete obstacle course at full speed without falling doesn't magically make your computer better at projecting false signatures. It certainly doesn't make the opponent's computer pick out the real thing easier. You'd think it'd be a gunnery test on the opposing end, if anything.

Because they thought of it well after they came up with the normal piloting stats and Battletech must remain pseudo-compatible with the height of 80s game design, so no new stats for us! Gunnery's used constantly and is (arguably) the stronger stat, which leaves piloting, a stat that already kinda fulfills a defensive-ish function. Me, I'd say piloting has increased steadily in usefulness over the years with the proliferation of high-firepower designs and consequent increased risk of faceplant-checks, but I can at least see the argument.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Affi posted:

Couldn't you just houserule that ghost targets always hits but just gives +1 to hit? :d

If I were going to house rule ECMs, I'd steal the ECM rules from the Aerospace Fighters (with some tweaks to compensate for the players not being on a platform that's accelerating to 6Gs every other turn).

First of all, a general assumption: ECMs are battlefield-wide with effectively no 'maximum range.' They work by actively disrupting the sensors of units in line of sight or by overwhelming the sensors of units in a close radius.

ECM (Disruption Mode) has a 2 hex radius (i.e. it affects the user and anything directly adjacent) and applies a non-stacking +1 to hit penalty to all incoming energy, ballistic, or streak-missile weapon attacks. Incoming LRMs, Multi-Missiles, ATMs, and non-Streak SRMs instead apply a -2 penalty to the missile roll table, which stacks with AMS. ECM does not prevent Artemis IV or MRM Apollo systems from working but they bonuses and negatives effectively cancel each other out while Artemis V slightly overpowers this effect. In double-blind play a BattleMech with an ECM cannot be detected by an active Active Probe unless it is using an active Active Probe itself (the two probes can detect each other's sensor scans) or the enemy unit has direct Line of Sight. This is the default mode for ECM.

ECM (Targeted Mode) is an optional niche mode. Instead of applying a benefit to yourself, you instead pick a single target in direct line of sight and apply a +1 penalty to all of its shooting attacks while removing the benefits of its 'shot-enhancers' (Artemis IV, Artemis V, MRM Apollo, and the Targeting Computer). If the target moves out of Line of Sight the ECM's effects are wasted until it can be readjusted at the beginning of the next turn.

ECM (Jamming Mode) is the optional niche mode, has a 6 hex radius and counteracts the effects of 1 enemy ECM or any number of Active Probes. In Double Blind play a Mech in ECM (Jamming Mode) cannot be detected by enemy active probes even if it's operating an Active Probe itself, but a jammed unit knows it's being jammed.

Active Probes can be turned on or off in the same phases you'd normally adjust an ECM's modes.

So basically I'd turn ECMs into walking patches of light woods that don't block Line of Sight. I don't feel it's necessarily overpowered because clustering up to take advantage of it is practically begging to eat an artillery strike or a strafing run, but at the same time that's a very powerful piece of 1.5 ton equipment.

Edit: And also Targeted Mode, for those times you really need to shut someone out.

Possibly with a caveat for Clan ECM where they suffer no to-hit penalty if they attack only the target that's jamming them. Gotta enforce those targeting rules, after all!

Double Edit: And, as before, Angel ECM operates at double-strength (disruption benefits still don't stack) or can do two different things at once.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 30, 2016

Kirenski
Sep 5, 2012
Tempest
Movement:
Jump to 1822, facing 1923

Shooting:
Fire 2 medium lasers and SRM-4 at Warhawk.

Melee:
Kick the Warhawk

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014
Ok, so my orders are going to be run to 1928 facing 2028, then torso twist and flip arms as necessary to bring both LPL's and both LBX-10 Slugs against the warhawk, with contingency orders to shoot the Hellbringer if the Warhawk falls before my shooting round.

I have tried to map out my hit zones, and I think sitting in 1928 facing 2028 gives the Hellbringer shots on my left side as opposed to my rear.

Telamon
Apr 8, 2005

Father of Ajax!
Komodo

Jumping to 1126 and shooting the Hellbringer. The to hit number is still relatively high but hopefully I can draw some fire from it and preserve the big mechs. Getting mission killed by it this round or next might actually be a good thing for the company in the next fight. Medium lasers against clanners is tough.

Edit: Good luck with the Warhawk, All. I think you've got this one in the bag.

Telamon fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 30, 2016

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Will kill-stealing the Kit Fox from the Revenant with a leisurely shot to the center torso rack up another million?

And +++ on the plan to adopt the psychotic vegetable as company mascot. He just keeps trying!

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Mar 30, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Auxilia: Tactical Update 10

The Clan assault `Mech’s arm fell limp and lifeless as Iris’s little Locust chewed through the last of its structure with the stuttering fire of her small pulse lasers. The machine staggered under the concentrated fire from more than a lance of BattleMechs, its armor ablating away into memory as autocannon rounds and lasers chewed away at its guts. The stubborn machine staggered, absorbing the punishment the Demon Hawks threw at it and adamantly refusing to fall.

“Goddamn,” Duncan growled. “What do the Clans make these out of?”

“Dunno,” Taj replied, his own Tempest had taken a beating at least as bad. He was always flippant to the point of insubordination, but “Javelin” was also the type of pilot who relished a challenge and would keep fighting until he got shot out of his `Mech. It was a bit of a mixed blessing, in Duncan’s experience, but it did mean they could count on him in a pinch. The disarmed Clan machine came to a halt, crouching low and immobile. The pilot popped the cockpit hatch—that signal was universal enough.

“Ain’t in the Jane’s BattleMechs. Must be a new model,” Taj barked a laugh. “All I care is: it’s surrendering.”

“A new `Mech in a force that’s taken nearly a year to cross the Inner Sphere?” Ho Kim Luy replied in tones that suggested exactly how unlikely she thought that was. Her callsign, IRIS, had been given to her by her husband Robert Weisz, the company’s other Locust pilot. He’d told Duncan at one point that it meant ‘I Require Intense Supervision,’ but the callsign Ho Kim had given Robert in return was the equally insulting COOTS: Constantly Overestimates Own Tactical Significance. They got along well and worked together as a team. Ho Kim was the more aggressive of the two, and the better pilot, but she was prone to pushing her Locust’s boundaries leaving Robert struggling to keep up.

“Can’t be, Maybe it’s just rare or something the other Clans don’t like. Or maybe it’s some custom-built—”

Her broadcast was cut off as a flickering pulse laser carved into her Locust from above. Her machine spun, power fading as her torso collapsed on itself and molten armor and structural steel flowed into the workings of her fusion engine. Duncan grimaced, his eyes settling on the heavy `Mech that had perched itself on a hill on the other side of the swiftly-flowing creek that ran through the center of the valley. That machine he knew. In the familiar serpent-patterns of the Steel Vipers, its wedge-shaped cockpit had earned it the name Copperhead. In the white feather camouflage of the Snow Ravens it almost looked like a different `Mech entirely.

“That Copperhead vulture’s got the high ground. It’s to be a problem.”

Movement Phase
Sunfire
- Ran with damaged hip actuator!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 base + 3 leg actuator damage = 8): rolled 5, fails!
- Falls in hex 0725!
- - Suffers 8 damage in the fall to Center Torso (12/34 armor remaining), Center Torso (9/34 armor remaining)!
- Must pass a piloting test to avoid pilot damage (5 base + 3 actuator damage + 2 avoiding damage = 10): rolled 7, fails!
- Must pass a 7+ consciousness test: rolled 8, succeeds!

Komodo
- Jumps into hex 1126!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 base + 2 actuator damage = 7): rolled 6, fails!
- Falls in hex 1126!
- - Suffers 5 damage in the fall to Right Arm (5/14 armor remaining)!
- Must pass a piloting test to avoid pilot damage (5 base + 2 actuator damage + 2 avoiding damage = 9): rolled 9, succeeds!

Locust “Bane”
- Attempts to enter hex 1924, but the hex is already occupied!

Shooting Phase
Elemental Point Coleen (ACE!)
- Initiates Swarm Attack on Sunfire (3 base + 5 active troopers + 0 target movement - 2 target prone= 6): rolled 7, swarm attack successful!

Elemental Point Bryce (ACE!)
- Holds fire!

Elemental Point Mabel (ACE!)
- Holds fire!

Atlas (Player)
- Fires PPC at Warhawk (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 3 minimum range = 9): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (1/28 armor remaining)!
- Fires Light Autocannon/5 at Warhawk (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Light Autocannon/5 at Warhawk (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (6/42 armor remaining)!
- Fires Light Autocannon/5 at Warhawk (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 11, hit Left Torso (6/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires Light Autocannon/5 at Warhawk (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 10, hit Right Leg (4/35 armor remaining)!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Warhawk (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 5, fails to lock-on!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Warhawk (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 9, hit Left Leg (27/35 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Warhawk (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 10, hit Right Leg (0/35 armor, 16/18 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires TAG at Warhawk (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 30!

Hunchback (Player)
- Fires Ultra AC/10 (Ultra) at Hellbringer Prime (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 11, 1 shell hit Left Arm (10/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires Ultra AC/10 (Ultra) at Hellbringer Prime (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 22!

Sunfire (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 38!

Tempest (Player)
- Fires Medium Laser at Warhawk Prime (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 light woods = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Warhawk Prime (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 light woods = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires SRM-4 at Warhawk Prime (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 light woods = 7): rolled 11, 2 missiles hit Left Torso (4/26 armor remaining), Left Arm (0/28 armor, 13/14 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Gains 13 heat, sinks 20!

Awesome (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1219!
- Fires PPC at Summoner B (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (23/33 armor remaining)!
- Fires PPC at Summoner B (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires PPC at Summoner B (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 12, hit Right Arm (0/22 armor, 3/11 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires PPC at Summoner B (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (18/28 armor remaining)!
- Gains 41 heat, sinks 38!

Dragoon II (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1929!
- Reverses arms!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Warhawk Prime (3 base + 1 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 10, hit Left Arm (3/14 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Warhawk Prime (3 base + 1 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (0/42 armor, 23/27 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires LB 10-X Autocannon (Slug) at Warhawk Prime (3 base + 1 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 light woods = 6): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (0/26 armor, 12/18 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires LB 10-X Autocannon (Slug) at Warhawk Prime (3 base + 1 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 light woods = 6): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (6/18 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Gains 31 heat, sinks 26! Overheating!

Phoenix Hawk (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

Komodo (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 28!

Enfield (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1419!
- Fires LB 10-X Autocannon (Slug) at Grendel B (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 12): rolled 11, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at Grendel B (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 12): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Grendel B (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 14): automatic miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Grendel B (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 14): automatic miss!
- Gains 18 heat, sinks 22!

Locust “Pulsar” (Player)
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Warhawk Prime (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 8, hit Left Torso (0/26 armor, 15/18 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 22!

Locust “Bane” (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2130!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser at Warhawk Prime (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (20/27 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser at Warhawk Prime (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (0/14 structure remaining)! Arm blown off!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser at Warhawk Prime (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 7, hit Right Torso (9/18 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser at Warhawk Prime (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 10 heat, sinks 10!

Grendel B
- Fires Ultra AC/5 (Ultra) at Enfield (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 9, 2 shells hit Left Arm (4/16 armor remaining), Right Arm (0/8 structure remaining)! Arm blown off!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Enfield (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Enfield (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Enfield (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 8, hit Left Arm (0/16 armor, 5/8 structure remaining)! Crit!
-Gains 21 heat, sinks 20!

Hellbringer Prime
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1624!
- Fires ER PPC at Dragoon II (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 7, hit Rear Center Torso (0/9 armor, 17/26 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires ER PPC at Dragoon II (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 9, hit Rear Right Torso (0/8 armor, 1/16 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Dragoon II (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 9, hit 6 missiles hit Rear Left Torso (6/8 armor remaining), Left Arm (20/22 armor remaining), Rear Center Torso (15/23 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Leg (17/29 armor remaining), Rear Right Torso (0/16 structure remaining (Torso Destroyed! Engine hit! Engine hit! `Mech destroyed! Damage transfers to Rear Center Torso (14/23 structure remaining (Crit!))), Right Arm Rear Center Torso (12/23 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Gains 35 heat, sinks 34!

Mad Dog Prime
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Locust Bane (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 11, hit Left Torso (0/8 armor, 0/5 structure remaining)! Torso Destroyed! Engine hit! Engine hit! Engine hit! `Mech destroyed!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (3/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Locust Bane (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 w/ Artemis IV at Locust Bane (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 w/ Artemis IV at Locust Bane (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 30 heat, sinks 28!

Summoner B
- Fires ER PPC at Awesome (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 10, hit Left Torso (3/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Awesome (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 6, hit Left Leg (0/34 armor, 10/17 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires SRM-6 w/Artemis IV at Awesome (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser at Awesome (3 base + 4 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 27 heat, sinks 30!

Warhawk Prime
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1824!
- Fires ER PPC at Atlas (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 11, hit Left Torso (12/32 armor remaining)! TAC!
- Fires ER PPC at Atlas (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires LRM-10 at Atlas (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 7, 4 missiles hit Right Arm (3/34 armor remaining)!
- Gains 36 heat, sinks 40! Overheating!

Turn Correction
Elemental Point Coleen (ACE!)
- Initiates Leg Attack on Sunfire (3 base + 2 active troopers + 0 target movement = 6): rolled 7, hits Left Leg (20/28 armor remaining)! TAC!

Sunfire (Player)
- Fires PPC at Hellbringer Prime (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires PPC at Hellbringer Prime (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (22/32 armor remaining)!
- Gains 21 heat, sinks 38!

End Phase
Warhawk
- Critical chance in Right Leg! No critical hit sustained!
- Critical chance in Center Torso! No critical hit sustained!
- Critical chance in Right Torso! No critical hit sustained!
- Critical chance in Right Leg! No critical hit sustained!
- Critical chance in Left Torso! No critical hit sustained!
- Critical chance in Center Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Gyro hit!
- Critical chance in Right Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Double Heat Sink damaged!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage + 3 gyro hit = 8): rolled 11, succeeds!
- Surrenders!

Summoner B
- Critical chance in Right Arm! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Upper Arm Actuator hit!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 11, succeeds!

Enfield
- Critical chance in Left Arm! Arm blown off!

Awesome
- Critical chance in Left Leg! No critical hit sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 base + 1 actuator damage + 1 massive damage = 7): rolled 10, succeeds!

Atlas
- Through-armor critical chance in Left Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - TAG damaged!

Correction
Hellbringer Prime
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 9, succeeds!

Sunfire
- Through-armor critical chance in Left Leg! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Upper Leg Actuator damaged!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 base + 4 actuator damage = 9): rolled 6, fails!
- Pilot ejects!

Next Turn’s Movement Phase
Kit Fox C
- Must pass an 11+ consciousness test: rolled 6, fails!

Player Status:
Demon Lance

Hawk Lance

Ally Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Mission Objective:
- Defend the Convoy (5/5)
- Assist Allied Forces
- Drive off the Clans (0/?)
- Bounty Collected: 18,000,000 c-bills (27,000,000 goods)
- - Light: 3
- - Medium: 4
- - Heavy: 1* (1 salvaged Mad Dog)
- - Assault: 1

Orders Due: Midnight Saturday!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Mar 31, 2016

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Welll on the one hand the Warhawk surrendered so you've only got 3 heavies left to deal with, but on the other hand the Dragoon II demonstrates why cERPPCs and back armor shots don't mix (And just in time for hostile Aerospace to show back up).

The Vulture living up to it's name and just offhandedly blapping the locust is funny as hell (Sorry Ice Fist, at least you have two of them!)

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 31, 2016

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Those piloting rolllsssss

Edit: I recall hearing that the Dragoon pilot said that it was either expose the rear or the already vulnerable side torsos right? So it probably would've gone poorly anyways had he taken the cERPPCs in the front too.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 31, 2016

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

That was one hell of a lucky TAC for me.

Shame our best AA mech took a Hellbringer up the rear end and our toad detector just got rocked.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 31, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

dis astranagant posted:

That was one hell of a lucky TAC for me.

And people thought the TAG would be useless.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

What is that in 1545?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

And people thought the TAG would be useless.

I knew it wasn't there for nothing and then TAGmon got to digivolve to UAC/20mon for a bit before dying a hero's death :v:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Zaodai posted:

What is that in 1545?

A clanner that the doggies nearly put into a vegetative state on like turn 2. He's been trying to make 11+ consciousness rolls ever since.

PTN posted:

Next Turn’s Movement Phase
Kit Fox C
- Must pass an 11+ consciousness test: rolled 6, fails!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Good news: the convoy is on the road out and you probably only need ~3 turns for them to fully clear. The bad news is, they're all lined up again and there are hostile aerospace back and you lost your best AA platform. If they scatter they'll slow down again, but presumably being strafed is gonna be a bad thing.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

On the bright side, the Batus are more or less begging to become lawn darts at that altitude.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Those were in no way my orders. What happened with the Sunfire?

Edit: My orders, for reference.

Movement: Move to 0923, do not use any more than 3 movement to do this.

Shooting: All guns on the Hellbringer Prime.

Conditionals: If at the end of my turn I am knocked down and in the same hex as a point of Elementals, eject if doing so will not get me killed by said Elementals. If ejecting will get me killed by elementals and I am on the ground, flail madly.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

ArbitraryTA posted:

Running while hipped requires a piloting roll, which you failed.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Yes, running, the thing I did not say to do at any point in my orders.

ArbitraryTA fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 31, 2016

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
For a moment there I thought locusts were piloted by Korean Robert and office lady and audibly gasped when Kim's mach got toasted.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Whoa yeah if those were your orders I don't see why you faceplanted in the move phase.

Telamon
Apr 8, 2005

Father of Ajax!

Leperflesh posted:

Good news: the convoy is on the road out and you probably only need ~3 turns for them to fully clear. The bad news is, they're all lined up again and there are hostile aerospace back and you lost your best AA platform. If they scatter they'll slow down again, but presumably being strafed is gonna be a bad thing.

Yeah, drat. The convoy is so close too! And it's not just the Batus that are back either. What are those 75 tonners that just showed up? Aerospace fighters are insane.

This scenario is a thing of beauty.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

ArbitraryTA posted:

You missed a set of orders, so I've been having one of the alternates send back-ups in case you miss more (which happened the 27th, if you sent orders I didn't receive them so I used the alternate orders I'd received instead).

I know you're probably very busy, but I do need orders in with enough time for me to actually use them. I spend many hours updating, and I hadn't received your orders by the time I started rolling combat dice, which is the point when I stop checking my e-mail / PMs for new/updated orders and just use whatever I have on-hand, even if it's nothing (if a person's missing an update for the first time) or back-up orders from an alternate I've called up.

You're not completely boned this coming turn. If you attempt to stand up normally and fail, the fall will automatically knock the Elementals off (and will likely kill some/all of them). It's risky, but it'll do the trick.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
The Sunfire is hosed. I'm about to be down to just medium pulse lasers, have an open head, multiple leg crits, am prone with a 5 piloting pilot while being swarmed by Elementals and no significant help seems to be forthcoming. If we are trying to preserve pilots for an ongoing campaign I am not seeing much reason not to eject at this point. Either we win and can just recover the Sunfire or we lose and it's a moot point.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Looking at things the sunfire turned for 1 mp and walked forward 2 hexes, that is 3 and only walk mp, it should be upright and unswarmed.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

AtomikKrab posted:

Looking at things the sunfire turned for 1 mp and walked forward 2 hexes, that is 3 and only walk mp, it should be upright and unswarmed.

Back-up orders for the Sunfire posted:

Moving:
Turn to face 0724, run to 0727.

Shooting:
Reverse my guns if necessary - If possible and in range, fire all weapons at the closest elementals. If any weapons are left unfired, continue firing at possible/in range targets in the target list until all weapons have fired or the Sunfire runs out of targets.
Target priority (in case of a tie):
Elemental North - (0723)
Elemental South - (0522)
Elemental West - (?)
Elemental East - (Drowned?)
Hellbringer Prime - (1623)

Physical:
If there are any possible enemies to kick, kick them!

It fell when it used the running MP trying to get to 0727. So basically it fell where it tried to exceed its walking MP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Speaking as someone who missed a full round of shooting with the machine gun king because I got too technical with my orders and typed in the wrong hex number, I totally understand how frustrating it is to whiff a turn due to user error. However, please also understand that PTN puts in a ton of work to make this happen and he doesn't have time to make sure everything's perfect. He does the updates when he can, and he uses the orders he's got at the time to do them.

• Locked thread