Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

MonsieurChoc posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOnBsxypST0

The real heroes of 40K, the Necrons, return.

gently caress yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

docbeard posted:

Yeah gradenko was just a bit early on the trigger, it's showing as out of EA for me in Steam now

The burden of a tankie is always being right

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Oh snap paper mario is out today, might play it today since I've never played this one

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

rogue trader's 30% off as part of the warhammer sale, good time to get it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Honda got the most interesting set of buffs and nerfs imo. Basically all the gimmicky poo poo got nerfed but his neutral game was buffed a lot.

im an idiot who barely knows anything about fighting games so the reason i was so good at honda is instead of just using sumo headbutt into hundred hand slap over and over i used a lot of normals + his stomp moves

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Went deer poaching in KCD. While drunkenly wandering the woods I came across a small bandit camp. Naturally, playing Henry like a dumbass, I try my luck at pickpocketing this random bandit who came out to investigate the noise I was making. First attempt success. Got some groschen and his torch but I see he has a dagger I don't have time to grab. So lets go again and try for that. Second attempt failed because he turned around just before the window to pickpocket opened up. I'm expecting him to pull out his sword and easily kill me but no. Much to my surprise he just runs off into the woods and only returned to try and sleep. But he'd see me bumbling around in his camp with a dead friend of his and run off into the woods. Repeat this same set of actions all night.

gently caress I love this game.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
lol @ pickpocketing a torch off a guy who was presumably holding it up, in front of his face

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

lol @ pickpocketing a torch off a guy who was presumably holding it up, in front of his face

that's how you know you're good

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Bumper Stickup posted:

Went deer poaching in KCD. While drunkenly wandering the woods I came across a small bandit camp. Naturally, playing Henry like a dumbass, I try my luck at pickpocketing this random bandit who came out to investigate the noise I was making. First attempt success. Got some groschen and his torch but I see he has a dagger I don't have time to grab. So lets go again and try for that. Second attempt failed because he turned around just before the window to pickpocket opened up. I'm expecting him to pull out his sword and easily kill me but no. Much to my surprise he just runs off into the woods and only returned to try and sleep. But he'd see me bumbling around in his camp with a dead friend of his and run off into the woods. Repeat this same set of actions all night.

gently caress I love this game.

poaching ftw

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

In case you're not aware, you need to have a dagger in your inventory to kill/assassinate people with a backstab, but there aren't "tiers" of daggers, there's just "dagger"

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

*glaring suspiciously as a hand slowly moves into my field of view and slowly pulls the torch out of my grip, then shrugging nonchalantly* Must have been the wind.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"Didn't I walk out here with a torch? I thought I did, but I don't have one in my hand, so I guess I must not have. Hmmm...."

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
god help you if you walk around rattay at night without a torch

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Ytlaya posted:

In case you're not aware, you need to have a dagger in your inventory to kill/assassinate people with a backstab, but there aren't "tiers" of daggers, there's just "dagger"

Yeah that's why I wanted it. Thought it would be funny to steal his dagger and kill him with it. What happened was way funnier.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Been playing bug fables. Fun game! Hard mode doesn't gently caress around tho

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

holy poo poo, days gone medieval

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

make a call of duty game about the veterans signing up for unemployment and trying to get care for their injuries and conditions from a cold, remote veterans administration who sees them as burdens

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

bedpan posted:

make a call of duty game about the veterans signing up for unemployment and trying to get care for their injuries and conditions from a cold, remote veterans administration who sees them as burdens
that's the Kevin Spacey PMC one lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Two Point VA

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

*two point announcer voice* Another suicide in the lobby. Clean up on aisle seven!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Grey Fox posted:

:hmmyes:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Grey Fox posted:

wtf really? what the hell is it called?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Grey Fox posted:

the greatest cutscene of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4BJLi5r2nc

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

yo this is cool

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Buck Wildman posted:

rogue trader's 30% off as part of the warhammer sale, good time to get it

Also they put out a trailer for the first DLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obmD2wU9lAs

Genestealer cults, a Death Cult assassin, weird spaceship poo poo. Hell yes

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

bedpan posted:

wtf really? what the hell is it called?
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare. Probably one of the best CoD multiplayer modes of the era because you had an exoskeleton that let you do airdashes

It's been a long time since I did the story mode but I'm p sure it was the protagonist losing his hand/his friends dying and the govt not giving a gently caress is what drove him to join the PMC in the first place

it's also the game that spawned Press F to Pay Respects at the buddy's funeral

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Grey Fox posted:

it's also the game that spawned Press F to Pay Respects at the buddy's funeral
That part was really good in-game because it reinforced that the character lost their arm and can't interact with the world the way he used to.

It was a nice bit of gameplay storytelling.

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

First Death kill in Vampire Survivors. I am unstoppable. I will never die.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

the final level has you invade kevin spacey's mercenary fortress city

it's baghdad

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Al! posted:

Two Point VA

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

I purchased and 100%'d Huniecam so quickly that I still get friends shaming me over it. And I deserve to be shamed. But I did not praise the game. I called it fucked up. That's how fucked up it is: it's up there with Princess Maker as far as poster body counts.
Soiled Meat

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

i liked the bit in the five hour armored core lore video where he explains that rubicon is actually the name of a river in italy and then has to credit this discovery to another youtuber

I just got to this bit at 5:25:00 and I appreciate it.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

DaysBefore posted:

Also they put out a trailer for the first DLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obmD2wU9lAs

Genestealer cults, a Death Cult assassin, weird spaceship poo poo. Hell yes

yeah and eventually there's gonna be one with an arbites companion and new character options. I've already done my three runs so I'm going to wait until all the dlc is out before returning to it

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

oh my god lol

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

KirbyKhan posted:

I just got to this bit at 5:25:00 and I appreciate it.

i will be checking out ratatoskr's channel

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

MonsieurChoc posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOnBsxypST0

The real heroes of 40K, the Necrons, return.

lol that the composer returning is one of the game's main features listed on the store page

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://x.com/Kotaku/status/1793664069779795977?t=z4K85rMEHkPyYmYxeVEOWA&s=19

Lol gently caress you Druckmann I hope you never get to do anything again

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it'll push the boundaries downward, yes.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

gradenko_2000 posted:

Yeah this checks out

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

gradenko_2000 posted:

well he does support a state that also loves pushing its boundaries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

The Chad Jihad posted:

Most fromsoft lore bores were proven hack frauds when it took like a year for them to pick up on the whole grafting/crucible/omen horticulture stuff

tell me more