Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

if you have questions about the lore you can email george rr martin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

it's gotta be fuckin sick to be the writers and artists at from software. no real need to coordinate to build a consistent story, just slap some random designs onto your weapons have pull a description out of your rear end and someone will make a 40 minute video essay about how this random blurb of text for a sword with a circle on it is actually a deep reference to ancient sumerian burial rites

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

I used to like last of us honestly, since i thought they were decent schlocky third person shooters, but now that I'm aware that the writer is a zionist and also is always deathly serious about the ludicrous scenarios depicted in the game, my opinion of them has fallen considerably.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

BONGHITZ posted:

if you have questions about the lore you can email george rr martin

he writes in DOS, can he even receive the emails?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

turn off the TV posted:

it's gotta be fuckin sick to be the writers and artists at from software. no real need to coordinate to build a consistent story, just slap some random designs onto your weapons have pull a description out of your rear end and someone will make a 40 minute video essay about how this random blurb of text for a sword with a circle on it is actually a deep reference to ancient sumerian burial rites

oh poo poo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I'd be shocked if nobody had written a DOS email client by now

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my Smarx

Ben Nerevarine posted:

he has a livejournal

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

turn off the TV posted:

lol that the composer returning is one of the game's main features listed on the store page

usually they dont because it turns out they were a nazi

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my Smarx
?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I think they're making a joke about the halo composer guy

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I think they're making a joke about the halo composer guy

or the dragon quest one

although they kept rehiring that guy for some reason

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
fun fact the gregorian chants on the halo soundtrack come from a 1943 recording of the SS Treblinka Men's Choir

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

turn off the TV posted:

it's gotta be fuckin sick to be the writers and artists at from software.

it is, yes.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Miss u...

turn off the TV posted:

lol that the composer returning is one of the game's main features listed on the store page

Makes sense. Had an extremely badass soundtrack. Highlighting things that are good, is win

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my Smarx

Al! posted:

fun fact the gregorian chants on the halo soundtrack come from a 1943 recording of the SS Treblinka Men's Choir

nuh uh

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

v rising's boss escalation rules. start out fighting things like "a wolf who jumps at you sometimes" or "a frost archer who can go stealthy and do a fan of arrows" and in the lategame you've got things like a dragoon with eight different ridiculous spear attacks and the ability to summon an iron maiden which pulls you in to devour you

also simon belmont because why the hell not

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

no i made that up but the part of shoah where the former ss guard sings the treblinka camp song is chilling

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Buck Wildman posted:

*swinging rifle back and forth* but....but which one is the civvie's dog?!

TAKE THE SHOT

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

turn off the TV posted:

the soundtrack is amazing. the composer also did IXION which also has an incredible soundtrack, definitely worth highlighting.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

turn off the TV posted:

or the dragon quest one

or the guy who did subnautica

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://x.com/WarzoneAlerts/status/1793746626349347319

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh, so you carry it out?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
STARRING: shoota man

FEATURING: innocent casualties

AND INTRODUCING IN IT'S VIDEO GAME DEBUT: 9/11

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
just sucks that we have to wait until 2044 to get the call of duty that features jan 6th

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
CoD was a Deus Ex prequel all along

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

can't wait to find out that 9/11 was a secret Iraqi plot all along

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Grey Fox posted:

can't wait to find out that 9/11 was a secret Iraqi plot all along

george w bush: kept ya waitin' huh?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Mohammed Atta turns to you as you board the plane. "Remember, no English."

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I watched this video about version 14.0 of OpenTTD that was released recently (still getting developed all these years later!), and they closed out a "bug" in the game regarding how payments are calculated according to distance. We all know that farther = more valuable, but apparently the game, all this time, has used the distance between the UI-element signposts of the stations to determine how far apart they are

which meant that you could cheese the game by adding connecting stations: build a long train station at the edge of town, and then add a bus station at the end of it. Linking two bus stations in this way lets the buses travel much shorter distances to get to each other, but the payments are still calculated based on the signposts, which are much farther apart than what the buses would actually have to run

they've since patched it so that payments are now calculated based on the actual square that the cargo is picked-up from, and dropped-off at

all this time I'm wondering why they did it the first way, and how that persisted for what must have been literal decades??? Transport Tycoon turns 30 in November

Baykin
Feb 11, 2008
bet itll be China causing the blops 9/11

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'd pay good money for a book that's just all the Grrm world building notes for Elden Ring.

Jibs Monteef
Dec 13, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'd pay good money for a book that's just all the Grrm world building notes for Elden Ring.

It'd be half a page of an incomplete geneaology chart and a big chicken grease stain, the end product feels 100% fromsoft aside from everyone being related to everyone else

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Twenty pages of "INCEST INCEST INCEST" followed by "NO, SELF-loving!"

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

hellblade 2 is pretty as hell but kinda meh

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

RandolphCarter posted:

hellblade 2 is pretty as hell but kinda meh

perhaps the same could be said of all Ninja Theory games

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Jibs Monteef posted:

It'd be half a page of an incomplete geneaology chart and a big chicken grease stain, the end product feels 100% fromsoft aside from everyone being related to everyone else

Disagree: the only thing grrm can write anymore are these huge backstories.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
So KCD has a perk called Head Cracker. It gives you a flat 10% extra chance to knock people out if you hit them in the head. I'm using a spiked mace which, while it says it has no extra benefit, I'm pretty sure it does as I'm constantly triggering this ability. Basically once it triggers whoever you were fighting is knocked out and you get to decide to loot them, kill them, or just leave them. Or a combo of all three. I'm also positive it has an unlisted modifier to whether or not the enemy is wearing head armor cause I swear it triggers more against guys who don't wear any. Either way it has allowed me to almost completely bypass the combat system and just bonk guys on the head until they pass out.

Cue me coming across a skirmish in the forest. Naturally I fire a couple arrows off and a couple combatants rush me. I pull out ol' whacky and *crack* first guy goes down. Second guy gets a couple blocks in until *crack* he's gone too. I see a third engaged in combat and I take the initiative. I rush, wallop him across his face, and whoops turns out this was a city guard. This was a group of bandits in a skirmish with some city guards. Guy he was fighting gets distracted long enough for this guard I just tried to knock out to demand I surrender. I do so and he demands I pay a fine. I pass a speech check and tell him actually I'm on a secret mission and how dare he interrupt. Don't tell a word to anyone. He buys it and lets me go while he and his friends finish off the last bandit.

Y'all Kingdom Come Deliverance loving rules. Thank you for convincing me to pick this up.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Bumper Stickup posted:

Y'all Kingdom Come Deliverance loving rules. Thank you for convincing me to pick this up.

it's so good. Semper games

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

starting to make me want to give kcd another chance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
alright, I beat Ghost of Tsushima on lethal from start to finish. great game, now to wait another 8 years for ghost 2 to come out on PC. the big bad was actually really a huge pushover, which was uh, very surprising. I didn't die at all on the whole final act + endgame. some of the random mook duels for one of the mystical tales were much harder.

i liked how it kinda felt like a PSX Bushido Blade meets sort-of-assassins creed game for the most part, just plucking down everything with a well timed swipe or bow or swapping around midst battle dropping half of them with a bow real fast and finishing the rest of with kunai.

is the DLC worth playing?

Xaris has issued a correction as of 05:39 on May 24, 2024