Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Pillowpants posted:

COVID 2022

Cases

January: 20,494,069
February: 3,964,298
March: 1,037,436
April: 631,067
Total: 26,126,870

Admissions
January: 803,049
February: 384,149
March: 204,099
April: 103,056
Total: 1,494,353

Deaths:
January: 62,620
February: 63,994
March: 35,806
April: 9,002
Total: 171,422

Any chance you can update this through June? It's been a blast to watch the CDC's official counter stuck at January levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

NPR article with more details:

quote:

Biden tests positive for COVID, and shows mild symptoms, White House says
President Biden has tested positive for COVID-19, the White House announced on Thursday.

He is fully vaccinated and twice boosted and, according to White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre, "experiencing very mild symptoms. He has begun taking Paxlovid."
Really hate the Biden admin and how it's put my family and community at risk for long term health issue. The fact that Biden is experiencing symptoms at all suggests they get to roll the dice on developing longer term impacts, just like the rest of us have to do repeatedly for the foreseeable future as reinfections become common. That's one of their main legacies.

Jon Irenicus posted:

he has symptoms too which uhhhh isn't good news for him
Yep.

Thoguh posted:

After my kid got it at daycare and realizing that there's no reasonable way we can get her out of daycare I admit I've shifted my mindset from "never get COVID" to "Get COVID way less often than everyone else" which is why we're opening up a tiny bit and doing stuff like saying that on a given weekend we might interact with one other family and accept a small risk from that since between daycare and possible exposures at work there doesn't seem to be a point in being a complete hermit forever.
Think the vast vast majority of parents still taking things seriously end up with a similar outlook. Avoiding COVID is still technically possible, but it's not really a surprise when parents get infected via their children's group childcare setting and so people just have to try their best or decide COVID is not a big deal entirely. It's a bad situation that was baked in by the co-ordinated early spring abandonment of NPIs.

Nocturtle has issued a correction as of 15:53 on Jul 21, 2022

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I'm hearing COVID is mild from my sources inside the White House.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I sincerely and unironically hope that covid puts Joe Biden in a box.

:yeah:

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

What broke me of visiting the parents: constantly hearing how good it was to see everyone's faces at coworkers retirement party, how delicious the catering was, and how everyone was staying safe.

It's like catnip to boomers.

They are the dumbest and most self-centered generation to ever exist.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I've got a lab report detailing the severity of his symptoms, seems ok

Only registered members can see post attachments!

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Covid is definitely mild for the people who pcr every day with paxlovid on hand. don’t get your hopes up, nothing good will ever happen again

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
lol, get hosed you piece of poo poo.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
lol

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

Then about two weeks later, my parents went out to eat for their anniversary, and my dad could not shut up about how they have a chart at Longhorn Steak House and they cook the steak perfectly to the number you pick.

must be awesome to be born and make it to dotage during the once-in-a-planet energy boom and then die comfortable in the knowledge that it's your kids' problem

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

If the CDC guidance is sufficient for the rest of us why does the White House need to go above and beyond that guidance?

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

nexous posted:

Covid is definitely mild for the people who pcr every day with paxlovid on hand. don’t get your hopes up, nothing good will ever happen again

Yeah, he will recover fine, thank the vaccine, and even the handful of holdout liberals will stop wearing masks and never wear one again

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Grey Fox posted:

I've got a lab report detailing the severity of his symptoms, seems ok

My parents would still throw out the seasoning packet for being too spicy.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
BIDEN HAS COVID HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Sadly this wont be as funny as when trump got it

lol nonetheless

Yeah, nowhere near as funny because we have vaccines and Paxlovid now so between that and the high standard of care that a president gets in general he's gonna be fine and if anything use this as an excuse to do even less.

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.
How did it take this long for him to get it?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Thread bankruptcy, I haven’t looked at the news all week but I woke up and my plague sense was tingling so I decided to see if I missed anything and I just want to say lmao, lmao so much.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Teenage Riot posted:

Yeah, he will recover fine, thank the vaccine, and even the handful of holdout liberals will stop wearing masks and never wear one again

the democrats want to lose in 2022 and maybe 2024 but by a reasonable amount so the donors believe that good things are right around the corner if they vote! and donate!

the democrats also know that with Biden at the top of the ticket, they'll get absolutely reamed

so what I'm saying is that there's a slight chance that they decide to do a soft coup and replace his paxlovid with sugar cubes

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Iron Crowned posted:

My parents claim that they don't go out to eat, but after I visited mine for the first time since 2019, back in March, my mom revealed she's been eating at the senior center, and couldn't comprehend that I don't eat my lunch in the break room with everyone else.

Then about two weeks later, my parents went out to eat for their anniversary, and my dad could not shut up about how they have a chart at Longhorn Steak House and they cook the steak perfectly to the number you pick.

Yeah, I don't know when or how I'm going to visit my parents again for a while.

I bet they had too many boomers sending their steak back because they asked for rare when they really wanted it well done or maybe a hint of pink in the very middle so they had to replace it with a picture chart.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Stoop Kid posted:

I thought he had it before but maybe that’s just my long-Covid talking

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Thoguh posted:

Yeah, nowhere near as funny because we have vaccines and Paxlovid now so between that and the high standard of care that a president gets in general he's gonna be fine and if anything use this as an excuse to do even less.

But on the other hand, Biden has extreme very mild symptoms. Basically saying that they're measuring his coffin rn

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Even if he's taking paxlovid he will still probably have a rebound right? Like I don't think he will die but he's old as poo poo and will probably have lingering issues

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Stoop Kid posted:

He’s probably had it nonstop for years but now the metamorphosis is complete as he is finally more covid than man so the WH is trying to get ahead of the story now that his spike proteins are showing.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
Kamala Harris is somewhere with a grin that just won’t quit

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

From yesterday lmao

https://mobile.twitter.com/jodilatina8/status/1549819020769169409

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Thoguh posted:

I bet they had too many boomers sending their steak back because they asked for rare when they really wanted it well done or maybe a hint of pink in the very middle so they had to replace it with a picture chart.

Nah, it's that restaurant steaks are all made in sous vide machines now, then very very very briefly seared, and they just let you pick the temperature setting.

Telling customers that would spoil the magic, so they came up with the charts.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Maybe Tippecanoe's curse makes a comeback along all the other maladies of olde

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I haven't had a steak in nearly three years

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I suppose since Biden got got, that's clear proof that Evusheld doesn't do poo poo against BA.5?

I wonder if those other mAbs they got didn't worked for Biden too

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Kamala: *uproarious laughter*

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

goth smoking cloves posted:

Even if he's taking paxlovid he will still probably have a rebound right? Like I don't think he will die but he's old as poo poo and will probably have lingering issues

Rebounds aren't rare but they aren't something that the majority of people get who take Paxlovid. Plus they're absolutely gonna give him more than a 5 day course because by now we know that it really aught to be a ten day prescription anyway.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Cloks posted:

apparently you can get covid from sniffing hair? hosed up.
lol

Pingui posted:

lol, get hosed you piece of poo poo.
lmao

oh and also

gradenko_2000 posted:

BIDEN HAS COVID HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Thoguh posted:

:lol:

You're probably right about that. I'm sure my parents wouldn't have even told me they went out to eat if my dad wasn't in love with that chart.

I buy some steaks for the roommate and I about twice a year. I got an OK deal on some ribeyes a couple weeks back, so we're good for a minute.

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

i think it's been at least 4 for me. i saw a video of a bull playing with a beach ball :3:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Kamala: *uproarious laughter*

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Covid is Joe Ver.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

nexous posted:

Not only will nothing good ever happen again, but these high profile cases are actively bad. You'll never hear about any negative outcome short of death, and the odds of anyone rich or powerful dying are vanishingly small unless they're a weird, die-hard legitimate anti-vaxxer. These cases do nothing except prove how mild COVID really is when you have the best healthcare in the world and people who will pump you full of every available drug the instant you pop positive on your daily surveillance tests.

Lots of pretty high profile people clearly have it pretty rough, but you never hear about it. It's just the standard "thankful for the vaccines!" routine before they vanish off the map and mysteriously return a month later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Paradoxish posted:

Lots of pretty high profile people clearly have it pretty rough, but you never hear about it. It's just the standard "thankful for the vaccines!" routine before they vanish off the map and mysteriously return a month later.

eg Ol Doc Fauci being thankful and mild before he vanished from the public eye for weeks. I'm surprised that we heard about his post-paxlovid rebound.