Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Not actually the logical equivalent because they sold the PS5 and didn't throw it in away like the proverbial banana peel...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh sure that makes it far less psychotic [img-getaloadofthisguy]

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Cowcaster posted:

i'm not a console gamer by trade but as a pc main the logical equivalent to me is buying a rtx 3090 to play, i dunno, through deathloop once, and then going "welp, done with that" and throwing it away, like you're the one who spent the time and money to get it did you realize you can use it for other stuff

other stuff such as getting money on the resale

not what i'd do with a ps5 by any stretch considering the time consumed in doing so, but not really that weird to me either

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Well the other factor is I got a 3080 about the same time I got the PS5, so I didn't see the need for two gaming devices and I just prefer KB and mouse and mainly play FPS games. Also I spent no time looking for one, I got a pre-order from Amazon on the day of pre-orders.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

It took zero effort to get the ps5, I even got 2 and sold one to a goon. Granted I did get lucky and got them right when they went on preorder at walmart and amazon.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

John Murdoch posted:

They can't both be staying true From's artistic vision AND also doing stuff like tacking on a dumb easter egg hunt across NG and NG+ to unlock a previously-unavailable armor set. Those are wholly incompatible to me.

i read that your beef is the devs said they were being faithful and seemingly weren't, ie if they'd kept their mouths shut you wouldn't be griping; do i have that right

or is your beef with the actual changes, and which ones

the argument got lost somewhere

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wasn't there one goon who kept selling his nintendo switch after he played a single game on it because he swore he just wanted to play that one and so he didn't need the switch, then rebuying one when a new game came out he wanted to play, repeating this process like 3 or 4 times

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Cowcaster posted:

oh sure that makes it far less psychotic [img-getaloadofthisguy]

Selling a thing for more than you bought it for after you're done using it is much less psychotic than throwing away your own possessions, yes.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think we perceive scalpers in two very different lights

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Again, I offered to sell it at cost in the PS5 thread (the post still exists) and ended up selling it locally for cost + $70 for the Demon's Souls disk. And I have a 3080 as a gaming thing and did not need the PS5 I got from my pre-order.

Rusty fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Oct 25, 2021

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Wiltsghost posted:

It took zero effort to get the ps5

Lol brb cumming in my own mouth

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

dr.acula posted:

Lol brb cumming in my own mouth

I did say I got lucky. The one I sold to a goon was at cost too.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Rusty posted:

Not sure what the ??? is, I bought a PS5 to play Demon's Souls, I finished the game and sold the console.

I was making a snarky shitpost about how you've brought up the load times across multiple posts now but you interpreted that as me asking your opinions on PS5 load times in general and somehow that led to you saying you don't know anything about those, except clearly you have really strong opinions about the load times vis a vis Demon's Souls so ????

Rusty posted:

Did you play it on the PS5? Did you play it on the PS3? I have a real hard time believing you played both and were not blown away by the PS5 version, but it's subjective of course, but it was literally the same game with a better framerate and looked a lot better. The original was so bland looking not becuase of design decisions, but because it was on the PS3.

The PS5 version obviously looks better in a technical sense and at no point did I insinuate otherwise. I can't stress enough that my issues are down to specific choices Bluepoint made, and particularly in contrast to specific things Bluepoint said, none of which were a blanket statement about the overall quality of the remake.

(Though tbqh you're really barking up the wrong tree either way because I care very little about raw graphical prowess.)

((Also I strongly disagree with it being "literally the same game" and also that the original was bland looking to begin with and secondly that it looked that way because it was on the PS3 and no other reason.))

Ciaphas posted:

i read that your beef is the devs said they were being faithful and seemingly weren't, ie if they'd kept their mouths shut you wouldn't be griping; do i have that right

or is your beef with the actual changes, and which ones

the argument got lost somewhere

I mean, both. But mostly the first thing. I literally said as much in one of my posts lol.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Oct 25, 2021

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Rusty posted:

Again, I offered to sell it at cost in the PS5 thread (the post still exists) and ended up selling it locally for cost + $70 for the Demon's Souls disk. And I have a 3080 as a gaming thing and did not need the PS5 I got from my pre-order.

it's all well and good my man but i'll forever be picturing you as a cartoon alley cat who does that thing where they eat a fish whole and pull the skeleton out of their mouth and chuck it over their shoulder except instead of a fish it's demon's souls and instead of a skeleton it's a ps5

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

John Murdoch posted:

I was making a snarky shitpost about how you've brought up the load times across multiple posts now but you interpreted that as me asking your opinions on PS5 load times in general and somehow that led to you saying you don't know anything about those, except clearly you have really strong opinions about the load times vis a vis Demon's Souls so ????

The PS5 version obviously looks better in a technical sense and at no point did I insinuate otherwise. I can't stress enough that my issues are down to specific choices Bluepoint made, and particularly in contrast to specific things Bluepoint said, none of which were a blanket statement about the overall quality of the remake.

(Though tbqh you're really barking up the wrong tree either way because I care very little about raw graphical prowess.)

No poo poo it was a snarky post, so was mine and it caused this huge controversy because I chose not to keep a consumer electronics device. I think since you haven't played it though you would not understand how much of a difference the loading makes for this one specific game which I have been trying to get across and you keep blowing off.

I care about raw power simply because framerates matter and the PS3 game was held back by that and awful textures. It makes a huge difference in a souls game.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Wiltsghost posted:

I did say I got lucky. The one I sold to a goon was at cost too.

Luck is a part of ones inherent skill, which is used to put effort into things. I had to suck and swallow several large cocks just for the privilege of being eligible to buy one

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Cowcaster posted:

it's all well and good my man but i'll forever be picturing you as a cartoon alley cat who does that thing where they eat a fish whole and pull the skeleton out of their mouth and chuck it over their shoulder except instead of a fish it's demon's souls and instead of a skeleton it's a ps5
I did think your first post was funny though, I did chuckle. I just would not have played anything else on it so I wanted to help someone else out and get my money back.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006
shut up about the ps5 and demon's souls this is the steam thread

has anyone tried wildermyth multiplayer? is it worth doing if your friend(s) dgaf about combat.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
when is demons souls getting on steam
they accidentally leaked that it was gonna get a steam port and then sony slapped them and said "gently caress you you're supposed to pretend it's a forever exclusive until the exclusivity period ends" or something, right?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think it was part of that nvidia leak that has slowly but surely been building a track record of being correct, yeah

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i'm gonna be upset if that doesn't someday include bloodborne

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Ciaphas posted:

i'm gonna be upset if that doesn't someday include bloodborne

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

i think it was part of that nvidia leak that has slowly but surely been building a track record of being correct, yeah

As I recall, it was even more explicit than that - the announcement trailer they first put up had an end card that said "coming to PS5 and PC" and they almost immediately pulled it down and replaced it with one that didn't have the PC part. Unless I'm mixing that up with some other game.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Triarii posted:

As I recall, it was even more explicit than that - the announcement trailer they first put up had an end card that said "coming to PS5 and PC" and they almost immediately pulled it down and replaced it with one that didn't have the PC part. Unless I'm mixing that up with some other game.

Yeah the trailer accidentally announced a PC version, then it also showed up in the GFN leak

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

AfricanBootyShine posted:

Tbh I'm happy to shut up now because even I have no fuckin' idea what this argument is about anymore.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

has anyone tried wildermyth multiplayer? is it worth doing if your friend(s) dgaf about combat.

They will technically have control of one or more characters during the combat encounters, so either advise them loudly or put it at the default difficulty and let them do whatever.

All this chat made me boot up the game again and I decided to try out the Walking Lunch difficulty and holy poo poo, is that kicking my rear end.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

tbh i'm pretty interested in helldivers 2

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if it's bad though i look forward to calling it smelldivers 2

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Cowcaster posted:

if it's bad though i look forward to calling it smelldivers 2

smelldiapers 2

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

I had a lot of fun playing wildermyth with a friend, although we both enjoyed the combat. It's probably still worth playing a campaign or two for the story.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

tbh i'm pretty interested in helldivers 2

same, i missed the heyday of it but it seemed very good

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

This looks cool: Moadra
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1713730/Moadra/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgtPSK8D_wo

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

That is hewing awfully close to the Metroid part of Metroidvania.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 26, 2021

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Hey uh why is humble swagbucks now

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Audio and video, the next frontier in game savings.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Grim Dawn question: How necessary is the Forgotten Gods expansion?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Det_no posted:

Grim Dawn question: How necessary is the Forgotten Gods expansion?

Not at all unless you want more after the main campaign.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Hub Cat posted:

you know what it looks like is Abuse, does anyone else remember Abuse

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Cowcaster posted:

you know what it looks like is Abuse, does anyone else remember Abuse

Abuse owned, which is a shame, because if it was bad I'd be looking forward to calling it Abuse.

And yeah, Abuse was the first thing I thought of when I saw the gifs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

Hub Cat posted:

So, the good part?

fake edit: whoops, this isn’t the unpopular opinions thread.