Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

Altaholic reporting in: I've hit a point now where I just don't play my 'main' character anymore, I always try to pick a new alt every time I log in. It's fun! It's making it impossible to keep track of where I am in the story, which is fine! :v:

Man I need more slots, I want to try the missing classes!

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghost story
Sep 10, 2005
Boo.
Free stuff alert -

https://eu.alienwarearena.com/

Claim your Explorer Bundle key and unlock:

Fuzzy Quaggan Hat
Transmutation Charges (x5)
Heroic Boosters (x2)

The quaggan hat is a gemstore item - https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Fuzzy_Quaggan_Hat_Skin

You don't have to be eu to get the key - I already claimed mine.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXk-_CD1UBw

Cat tree chair goes way too loving hard aaaaaaa

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

where's my real life quaggan plush

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

ghost story posted:

Free stuff alert -

https://eu.alienwarearena.com/

Claim your Explorer Bundle key and unlock:

Fuzzy Quaggan Hat
Transmutation Charges (x5)
Heroic Boosters (x2)

The quaggan hat is a gemstore item - https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Fuzzy_Quaggan_Hat_Skin

You don't have to be eu to get the key - I already claimed mine.

:kimchi:

e:

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 21, 2024

ghost story
Sep 10, 2005
Boo.

Meowywitch posted:

where's my real life quaggan plush

there used to be several.

like there was - https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/official-guild-wars-2-merchandise-from-cook-becker-and-iam8bit/

and then there was https://twitter.com/ForFansxFans/status/1130536712524914688
and even this guy - https://twitter.com/ForFansxFans/status/1538929691633061894

i can offer you a quggan beanie - https://finalbossbundle.com/products/guild-wars-2-quaggan-beanie

a turt plush - https://finalbossbundle.com/products/guild-wars-2-siege-turtle-plush (really suggest looking at the guy head on)

and rtylock - https://finalbossbundle.com/products/guild-wars-2-rytlock-plush (please don't ask why he's posed that way)

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Is there no way to report people for generally just acting like shitheads? The report function only lets you report for very specific behavior, not like actively sabotaging other players.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Nuebot posted:

Is there no way to report people for generally just acting like shitheads? The report function only lets you report for very specific behavior, not like actively sabotaging other players.

How do you Even sabotage other people in this game? Or are you talking about wvw?

DoNotFeedTheBear
Sep 13, 2007

Nektu posted:

How do you Even sabotage other people in this game? Or are you talking about wvw?

Octovine potentially?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Nektu posted:

dude was doing strafing runs on his flying mount, aggroing as many shaleback things as he could and swooping behind people on raptors to get them knocked off. When asked to stop he started redoubling his efforts to deliberately kill the people asking him to stop.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
lol

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Nuebot posted:

There must be some report function that can be workshopped into it. I don't think it's happened for a while, but some folks in our guilds would occasionally eat a suspension for a rather specific educational opportunity we've developed a reputation for providing to Teq event participants.

ghost story
Sep 10, 2005
Boo.
You have to open up a ticket but since this isn’t related to an event, a clear -ism, or a real life safety threat, I doubt anything would happen.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Nuebot posted:

dude was doing strafing runs on his flying mount, aggroing as many shaleback things as he could and swooping behind people on raptors to get them knocked off. When asked to stop he started redoubling his efforts to deliberately kill the people asking him to stop.

Buy him an account

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
Had to do some menial tasks but other than the 2 week timegate from Draconis Mons, I pretty much have coalescence finished. I don't really care about the time gate (I'm 5 days in) but drat I had done way more poo poo than I thought for this, feels kinda good - though I suspect me doing the pvp tracks for the mastery meta achievement rewards kinda saved me a headache... hope Vision is as kind to me, I already have pretty much all the map currency I need stockpiled for that too

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Nuebot posted:

lol

but also, you can knock people off their raptors?

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

jokes posted:

lol

but also, you can knock people off their raptors?

He was kiting mobs to attack them. Eg, smokescales will "kill" your mount pretty quickly if they get hold of you.

Sounds like maybe he was using the bristleback ranged attacks?

MajorBonnet fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 22, 2024

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Could you just... move away? enemies are rather stationary, that or kill the weakened enemies for loot.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

quote:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Guild Wars griefing Real Hahahaha Gamer Just Walk Away From The Enemy Like Gamer Just Fight Them Haha

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

MajorBonnet posted:

He was kiting mobs to attack them. Eg, smokescales will "kill" your mount pretty quickly if they get hold of you.

Sounds like maybe he was using the bristleback ranged attacks?

Bristleback is it? I still don't have all the names for HoT enemies down, it was the things that shoot torrents of scales, yeah. And since he was on a flying mount and people were trying to do something in the specific area it was hard to like, avoid them and killing them would only make him fly further out to get more making it obvious he was doing it deliberately, hence asking him to stop.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Could you just... move away? enemies are rather stationary, that or kill the weakened enemies for loot.

When people dismounted to fight them he'd fly up until the enemy de-aggroed making them invincible while they reset.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
Bring back district hopping like in guild wars 1

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Who doesn't expect gangs of mobs dismounting you in HoT? That's like the whole expac

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

I feel too safe in other expansion maps so when I get sniped down from my skyscale by a mordrem it reminds me that I should be more humble on those maps

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Don't ever talk to me or my twink son again

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

nesamdoom posted:

Who doesn't expect gangs of mobs dismounting you in HoT? That's like the whole expac

It's different when another player is deliberately leading them to you to do it though, and actively going out of their way. Most of those enemies patrol a specific area but have pretty big range on their attacks.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

So today i did 6 maps to completion and got 4 keys and thought i was done with heart maps (and Orr)

Then i started doing the cities, and noticed i had 7 HP's not done.

God drat Mount Maelstrom!

so now i have that, Hoelbrek and Lonks favourite, Back Citidel

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

Doing the Vision achievements had me realize that oops! You need to do A Star to Guide Us mastery, I thought I got a free pass for every LW4 mastery achievements by doing the PvP tracks. Thankfully it wasn't that bad and I had (some) fun doing it. Just need to wrap up the Ishtan timegate, the Henge timegate (about a week left) and defend some stupid bridges and I'll have my trinkets. All in all, not bad! All in all I had some fun, but I had also the map currencies stockpiled and the ice shards to get some of the stuff like the kralk ore. So that kinda made me dodge the (much) less fun part of the trinket grind.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Sorry I've been inactive in the thread, I just moved to a new apartment and I'm getting situated.

But quick heads up, Raid Wing 1 training with a friendly guild [SILK] has been cancelled for today at 2 PM EST. Their leader, Ram, is quite sick. Assuming he gets better soon, we will do another raid training next Sunday at 2:00 PM EST. I'll post all the info in goon discord, too.

With that being said, I'm confident we could clear Raid Wing 1 if we have 10 folks express interest. As long as we have squad roles covered, and we're all logged in at the same time, the content is very doable!

Here's a helpful guide on clearing Wing 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGePx_KcFvA

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So I've started doing dungeons to catch up on all the content I missed between doing the story with friends, and I really have to ask people who know better than me: is Arah bugged or are those oozes supposed to work like that? I kill one and it turns into a singular tiny one, I try to kill the tiny ones and they just disappear. That's cool, I assumed I killed them and carry on with my life, until:

Ooze Hill.

Wasn't the only place that happened either, I'd just find random deposits of tiny oozes across the map. Maybe they were supposed to be there? I have no idea.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Jedah posted:

Sorry I've been inactive in the thread, I just moved to a new apartment and I'm getting situated.

But quick heads up, Raid Wing 1 training with a friendly guild [SILK] has been cancelled for today at 2 PM EST. Their leader, Ram, is quite sick. Assuming he gets better soon, we will do another raid training next Sunday at 2:00 PM EST. I'll post all the info in goon discord, too.

With that being said, I'm confident we could clear Raid Wing 1 if we have 10 folks express interest. As long as we have squad roles covered, and we're all logged in at the same time, the content is very doable!

Here's a helpful guide on clearing Wing 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGePx_KcFvA

I would be interested in this. Is discord the best way to get in on it?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Is there any disadvantage to building partial legendary armor sets and then mixing and matching? I have enough skirmish tickets for one piece of WvW armor, and it'd take a bit of the grind off of the upcoming obsidian set. Will I miss out on certain achievements? Is it somehow cost-ineffective to do just 5 out of 6 pieces?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
It'll take some of the edge off the grind, but you might miss out on a cheev for the obsidian set.

It may or may not be cost effective, the wubs set is currently the most expensive due to the cost of memories of battle.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
You’ll get more than enough memories by grinding out the account bound Skirmish Tickets, which is the real bottleneck.

WvW armor is still by far the most time intensive of the sets even with all the new ways to get extra tickets.

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender

Nuebot posted:

I kill one and it turns into a singular tiny one, I try to kill the tiny ones and they just disappear.

The way the oozes work is that once you get them to low health, they'll become invulnerable, do a small animation, then split into two tiny oozes. They will then try to get back together and, if they do, merge back into a big ooze.

When the oozes split, they launch projectiles, and where those land is where the tiny oozes spawn. If something happens to the projectiles, they won't spawn the tiny oozes, and if only one is spawned will sometimes just despawn because it has nowhere to go.

Ooze hill is just ooze hill.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

404notfound posted:

Is there any disadvantage to building partial legendary armor sets and then mixing and matching? I have enough skirmish tickets for one piece of WvW armor, and it'd take a bit of the grind off of the upcoming obsidian set. Will I miss out on certain achievements? Is it somehow cost-ineffective to do just 5 out of 6 pieces?

It only matters if you want the full set to be visually cohesive but you'll probably transmog over it so no it doesn't matter really unless you still need the tickets for either the backpack or rings

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Actuarial Fables posted:

The way the oozes work is that once you get them to low health, they'll become invulnerable, do a small animation, then split into two tiny oozes. They will then try to get back together and, if they do, merge back into a big ooze.

When the oozes split, they launch projectiles, and where those land is where the tiny oozes spawn. If something happens to the projectiles, they won't spawn the tiny oozes, and if only one is spawned will sometimes just despawn because it has nowhere to go.

Ooze hill is just ooze hill.

Oh, okay. So that hill was supposed to be like that and sometimes the tiny oozes just disappeared, gotcha. I'm able to solo most of Arah, the big dog man thing gives me more trouble than anything else in there because I guess I'm just bad at it, and it somehow stunlocks me to death. But with one or two other people I can do that poo poo fine, but at that point I might as well get all four to do the switch puzzles. My quest to see what else I can solo continues.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I... uh.... hmmm.

I don't know what's up with my 'band mate, but this is now Maverick's problem I'm joining the Priory and leaving byeeeee

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

GW2 has many traps for the unwary player, one of which is not choosing Dinky when making a charr character. If you had, this could be Charrberus, the 3-headed Guardian

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Cool Dad posted:

I would be interested in this. Is discord the best way to get in on it?

Excellent! We'd love to have you join.

For anyone else who may be interested, the video does a nice job of summarizing the Wing 1 mechanics. Only "requirements" are to have a role that fits into the squad (DPS, Boon DPS (Power, Condi), or Boon Heal) and exotic-level gear (easily obtained via the WvW vendor, all slots are stat-selectable).

If there's any particular role you or anyone else wish to play, we can try to assign it to you. I'm happy to swap roles to give others a chance to try theirs.

I'm in the [GOON] guild on NA, if you see a dude with crow-themed names, that's probably me. Account: Crowface.3287

Ram Silverose is the leader of [SILK], they're the friendly guild we're partnering with for raiding. Unfortunately Ram has been sick a lot lately, so we've had a few cancellations. If we end up cancelling again, we can try a goon run ourselves, maybe some SILK folks will join. 2:00 PM EST on Sundays is the time we've been aiming for.

The [SILK] discord link is: https://discord.gg/UuRyyAPc

I'll try to continue updates on the Goon discord on the goon raids channel:
https://discord.com/channels/129787532702515200/1155914638723137707

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Jedah posted:

Excellent! We'd love to have you join.

For anyone else who may be interested, the video does a nice job of summarizing the Wing 1 mechanics. Only "requirements" are to have a role that fits into the squad (DPS, Boon DPS (Power, Condi), or Boon Heal) and exotic-level gear (easily obtained via the WvW vendor, all slots are stat-selectable).

If there's any particular role you or anyone else wish to play, we can try to assign it to you. I'm happy to swap roles to give others a chance to try theirs.

I'm in the [GOON] guild on NA, if you see a dude with crow-themed names, that's probably me. Account: Crowface.3287

Ram Silverose is the leader of [SILK], they're the friendly guild we're partnering with for raiding. Unfortunately Ram has been sick a lot lately, so we've had a few cancellations. If we end up cancelling again, we can try a goon run ourselves, maybe some SILK folks will join. 2:00 PM EST on Sundays is the time we've been aiming for.

The [SILK] discord link is: https://discord.gg/UuRyyAPc

I'll try to continue updates on the Goon discord on the goon raids channel:
https://discord.com/channels/129787532702515200/1155914638723137707

Condition based Reaper feels lost in raids. At least as far as I've tried a couple and I don't really get what I'm supposed to be doing. Solo targets are weird, but managable... gettting insta'd by environment is less fun. I might try Berzerker next time I jump into raids, because atleast then I clearly know my only thing is trying to dps.

There is a huge mindswitch from fractals I've not figure out yet, but I've enjoyed the time being taught when I was in group. it's so much different than I expected.

I'll look up 1 and I think I was in on a 4. but, no kid this weekend and I'd be good to give it a shot.