Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm behind a week but the opening bit after the race results was perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The term "self-awareness" seems like a weird word choice for that skit. But it was really good

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

In Training posted:

The term "self-awareness" seems like a weird word choice for that skit. But it was really good

I translated the word they used as "self-consciousness".

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Neeksy posted:

I translated the word they used as "self-consciousness".

That makes a lot more sense

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
自意識 best translates to that, so I dunno why they went with self-awareness. They're similar in denotative meaning but the English connotation between them different.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Allarion posted:

God I love Totoko.

Her va is the best.

Actually,they're all the best.

shake shake

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Davincie posted:

ichimatsus subs killed me
The Matsus covering up when girls walked by then Ichimatsu covering up when the cat walked by killed me.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the volume 1 blu ray is out and subbed. besides episodes 2 and 3 it has a bonus skit, an hour long live event (haven't watched that one yet) and episode 3.5 to replace episode 1. the first half of 3.5 is basically episode 1 but with all the specific references gone, tons of naked f6 form osomatsus and not very funny. the second half rules though

also here is the bonus skit in webm form for your pleasure

https://a.pomf.cat/byuczh.webm

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

osomatsu-san's like the second time i've seen buster's hand chair in a series

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Can someone please change the "Wojak" in my av to Ichimatsu and the "Pepe" to Karamatsu

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sugita!! :swoon:

Lol at Godmatsu's name being in gold in the credits.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

The first half was confusing since everything I know about mahjong is from The Legend of Koizumi. :(

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Txn posted:

The first half was confusing since everything I know about mahjong is from The Legend of Koizumi. :(

its just poker mindgames really, a bit more complicated

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

lol at the akagi parody, but also other things

also, here's a picture of karamatsu voice actor at the live event

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I just read Akagi a couple weeks ago so I could actually somewhat make sense of that first segment and it was amazing.

One of next week's segments is called Final Sheeeh :ohdear:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

im hoping like final flash, but with iyami

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I know Akumatsu just means Evil Matsu, but I want to see Samurai Jack fight that thing anyway.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Supersonic Shine posted:

I know Akumatsu just means Evil Matsu, but I want to see Samurai Jack fight that thing anyway.

Jackymatsu

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Was that Sugita as evilmatsu? Excellent ep again this week.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol at the whole episode, but especially Ichimatsu instantly strapping a suicide bomb to his chest.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Sugita as Akumatsu was just perfect

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Remember guys, never underestimate the lovely parts of yourselves.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Davincie posted:

lol at the akagi parody, but also other things

also, here's a picture of karamatsu voice actor at the live event

Those are some seriously un-blinged pants for Karamasu.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Choromatsu is the worse kind of normie: the wannabe normie. Todomatsu is fake as hell and that's hilarious. Ichimatsu is simply a normie.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Totty is heinous.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Phobophilia posted:

Choromatsu is the worse kind of normie: the wannabe normie. Todomatsu is fake as hell and that's hilarious. Ichimatsu is simply a normie.

I think it is pretty drat obvious that totty is the biggest scumbag of them all, which makes his mannerisms extra-funny. Osomatsu is the second worst and, after that, they are not really truly that bad, just complete losers.

Edit: BTW, while some of the details that differentiate the brothers, like the numbers of hairs they have sticking out, totty's larger pupils, and such have been there from the beginning, after re-watching some of the earlier episodes they are in general much more similar. Nowadays they have all kinds of tells and expressions that the animators and voice actors have fun with. Even Osomatsu, who is supposed to be the generic one is getting some personality besides being the most irresponsible neet of them all.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Mar 2, 2016

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Phobophilia posted:

Ichimatsu is not a normie.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I think all of them would be fun to hang out with.

Except Osomatsu. Who the hell wants to hang out with Osomatsu?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Hey, all the others will stab you in the back but Osomatsu is straight forward enough to stab you right in the face.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Karamatsu wouldn't stab anyone

If he is able to withstand the kind of abuse he gets daily without lashing out, he is the most saintly Matsu

other than Juicy, who has clearly already achieved some kind of enlightenment

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
karamatsu is my friend and i will not hear a word against him

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
The only matsu who'd be a bad friend is Totty because he's a total dirtbag who'd sell you out for a penny.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ichimatsu seems like he wouldn't be a very good friend either, he's kind of a flake and can transform into a cat.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

K. Flaps posted:

The only matsu who'd be a bad friend is Totty because he's a total dirtbag who'd sell you out for a penny.

the trick is to be even bigger of a scumbag than totty

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

someone uploaded a chapter of the new josei manga

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Can someone please change the "Wojak" in my av to Ichimatsu and the "Pepe" to Karamatsu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Now have them both be Jyushimatsu.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

I love this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

now im torn between that and the insanely horrible one they made for me on the imp zone

• Locked thread