Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I've switched to sentinel for the shield at 250 fights and then plan on doing Titan. I would have done Titan earlier, but I was running up against some tough teams that, unless I managed to pull off some crazy combos and off a couple enemies right off the bat, I'd just get levelled.

With how little troop diversity I have, it makes the raid boss fights kinda rough.

Is there any reason not to immediately advance troops up a rarity level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Saxophone posted:

Not really, unless you have some weird team that uses 2+ copies of a troop.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

What should I be dumping gems into after I get the two armors?

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

Saxophone posted:

I've switched to sentinel for the shield at 250 fights and then plan on doing Titan. I would have done Titan earlier, but I was running up against some tough teams that, unless I managed to pull off some crazy combos and off a couple enemies right off the bat, I'd just get levelled.

With how little troop diversity I have, it makes the raid boss fights kinda rough.

Just to add on, there's an 'ascend all troops' button on the ascension page and it owns.

Parallelwoody posted:

For me, half or so of my gems go into purchasing sigils and event troops for week-long guild events and for weekend events like bounty or a new delve faction (or if it's the only way to get a weapon I don't have). Usually to tier 4, so about 450 or 500 gems. The other half accumulate until I get antsy and I spend them on chests and disappointment.

e: I love the team options for today's bard class event so I blew gems on sigils for it. Ultimately ran Staff of Visions / Bard, Luna, Satyr Musician, King Silenus (Warrens banner) to farm the level 80 stage. That weird weapon is really growing on me. Sitting in front and powering up every turn while the ai hits your barrier with skulls is real good.

Enkor fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 4, 2019

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Parallelwoody posted:

Only buy sigils and emblems if you find the event fun - most of the time I don't spend all mine if I buy a couple tiers of the Shop rewards.

For EVERY event, look at the weapon rewards that you can buy in the shop - it's usually Tier 3 or 4, so you'd spend 400 or 500 gems to get it. Sometimes the weapon is really good - some of the older overpowered weapons were only obtainable this way.

Some of them are bad (like the Raid Boss weapon that just does some damage, and creates some gems) but some of them are on-meta (the All-Seeing Eye weapon, Jar of Eyes). And the Tower of Doom weapons might not repeat for a very long time / ever, and at least one of those weapons is on a decent PvP team.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Request for people: there are actual in-game rewards for high honor scores. I don’t know why the devs did this, but they did. So please use your two honor a day on someone in your guild, since that will increase the amount of goodies flowing to the guild.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Grundulum posted:

Request for people: there are actual in-game rewards for high honor scores. I don’t know why the devs did this, but they did. So please use your two honor a day on someone in your guild, since that will increase the amount of goodies flowing to the guild.

I just gave mine to everyone that had 1500 seals done. Seemed like the fairest way.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Alright, I've finally saved up 4000 diamonds. I already have Infernus, Pharos-Ra, and The Possessed King, so what mythic should I be thinking about crafting?

This is my full collection. https://gowdb.com/collection/12623bd4fb4f74ced032c6ee36356642

E: also just pulled Queen of Sin which is neat. I was kinda looking forward to spending my 10k guild seals though, but I got the mythic in my first 50-pull so I guess I get to wait another month.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Apr 5, 2019

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

Agent355 posted:

Alright, I've finally saved up 4000 diamonds. I already have Infernus, Pharos-Ra, and The Possessed King, so what mythic should I be thinking about crafting?

This is my full collection. https://gowdb.com/collection/12623bd4fb4f74ced032c6ee36356642

E: also just pulled Queen of Sin which is neat. I was kinda looking forward to spending my 10k guild seals though, but I got the mythic in my first 50-pull so I guess I get to wait another month.

I like High King Irongut for high level delves and sorta tower of doom. The Wild Queen is supposed to be good now. And there are the recommendations in the OP.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Oh man, I pulled an Anthea this morning and fitted her into my Elwyn team and it's just dumb. She creates a billion yellow and green gems, they combine and give me a new turn, Elwyn blows them up and half the time creates an extra turn while also filling both their Mana and just.... drat.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Aaaaaaaand the game has seen fit to give me a Queen of Sin on my first 50 pull of guild seals. Halp.

just_a_person
Mar 13, 2019
I got super lucky today and pulled 2 Queen of Sins on my second 50 key guild chests (I did also spend 50 gem keys/10k glory first, though). It makes such a huge difference after you've ascended all the guardians since they can't show up any more in the guild chests. To add ontop of the luck, right after, I donated 350k to my guild to complete the task and the entire guild pulled Champion of Anu. I was most surprised the fact that you could get different mythics from legendary tasks during mythic week, but worked out for me. I went from having no mythics to my first 2 mythics in a day.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Is Queen of Sin worth Trying to pull?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

It doesn't seem like much to me at a glance? True damage to the first two units and then a summon? I don't know how to value lowering enemy stats when other allies cast spells.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

Agent355 posted:

It doesn't seem like much to me at a glance? True damage to the first two units and then a summon? I don't know how to value lowering enemy stats when other allies cast spells.

Well, I just tested that the trait is a 1/4 chance (reduced life) to break enemy barriers. Probably ignores submerge too, since it isn't worded as damage.

Also, I'm thinking that Voice of Orpheus might be my next mythic crafting target, thanks to the Plaguelord weapon, though it'll be 3+ weeks to get enough diamonds.

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler

Annointed posted:

Is Queen of Sin worth Trying to pull?

I rolled my eyes pretty hard when I saw it. Mostly because I just pulled Euryali last month (my second mythic ever, after War, which is also mediocre) and this new mythic is just a demon-themed Euryali with the addition of one relevant trait. The ability is slightly cheaper but deals less damage in most cases. The summons are a little better, and the bless is a minor bonus. The biggest difference is the stat reduction trait, but I'm not sure how to get big value out of it. Is there a team that will average 2+ spells cast per turn? I feel like you need at least that intensity for it to make a difference at level 100+ fights.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

yurtcradled posted:

Is there a team that will average 2+ spells cast per turn? I feel like you need at least that intensity for it to make a difference at level 100+ fights.

Maybe it's aimed at mid-game decks, then? Assuming I get one, I'd probably give it a whirl in my Greenseer + Diviner deck that I use for dungeons.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

yurtcradled posted:

I rolled my eyes pretty hard when I saw it. Mostly because I just pulled Euryali last month (my second mythic ever, after War, which is also mediocre) and this new mythic is just a demon-themed Euryali with the addition of one relevant trait. The ability is slightly cheaper but deals less damage in most cases. The summons are a little better, and the bless is a minor bonus. The biggest difference is the stat reduction trait, but I'm not sure how to get big value out of it. Is there a team that will average 2+ spells cast per turn? I feel like you need at least that intensity for it to make a difference at level 100+ fights.

Yeah seems like not a very good Troop Card.

By the way I got us in Gem Blossums to the 4k tier. Get your Major Orbs of Growth everybody. Savor it, because I spent the whole drat day grinding up a team that isn't entirely succ.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Is there a signal when we are going to hit the seals hard or is it just random participation?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Parallelwoody posted:

Is there a signal when we are going to hit the seals hard or is it just random participation?

I never got a notification from the game when we ever reached a guild seal milestone.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

To get that orb, do I have to finish the miniboss before the raid boss? Because I cleared the two 4/4 battles but cannot for the life of my get that last mini boss before the raid boss. My troops are too limited.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Saxophone posted:

To get that orb, do I have to finish the miniboss before the raid boss? Because I cleared the two 4/4 battles but cannot for the life of my get that last mini boss before the raid boss. My troops are too limited.

I'm not sure? Could you try to get that Orb right now? Like I was able to grab the previous rewards before starting to go through the Raid battles.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Apr 6, 2019

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Yeah you need to clear all the pre-boss stuff to get any rewards from the guild, which is kinda lovely if you ask me.

It's not super difficult but it'll still stump the newer players. You could try going for a cheese strat and running devour units and hoping to get a lucky proc.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Agent355 posted:

Yeah you need to clear all the pre-boss stuff to get any rewards from the guild, which is kinda lovely if you ask me.

It's not super difficult but it'll still stump the newer players. You could try going for a cheese strat and running devour units and hoping to get a lucky proc.

Yeah you're right.

Also don't worry Sax, you got until Sunday to get past the final mini boss.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Apr 6, 2019

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

just_a_person posted:

[...]To add ontop of the luck, right after, I donated 350k to my guild to complete the task and the entire guild pulled Champion of Anu. [...]

What does this mean? Will everyone get the troop at some point? Or is it available for all of us in the chests?

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Annointed posted:

I'm not sure? Could you try to get that Orb right now? Like I was able to grab the previous rewards before starting to go through the Raid battles.

I might take a better look at it later. Currently I have 8 different troops that I can use and that's it.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

HatJudge posted:

What does this mean? Will everyone get the troop at some point? Or is it available for all of us in the chests?

He’s in a non-goon guild I think. Legendary tasks are super-expensive tasks available after the first twelve in each color each week that can very rarely give everyone in your guild a legendary or mythic troop. In gem blossoms we’ve never even seen a legendary task available :v: (I’m pretty sure the average return given what you pay for them is lower than the regular tasks, there’s just the very small jackpot roll of throwing a mythic to everyone in your guild)

I had to look them up after he mentioned them myself.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
Ahh, that explains it. I saw someone in the gem blossom chat pull two Queen of Sin, so I just assumed they were the same person and that I'd missed something. I'm just using the game to have something to do while I'm listening to audio books and podcasts. Most of the details of the game are still foreign to me. Should probably re-read the op, now that I'm getting up there, level wise. I got a poo poo-ton of troops, but I've only leveled eight or so of them.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

HatJudge posted:

Ahh, that explains it. I saw someone in the gem blossom chat pull two Queen of Sin, so I just assumed they were the same person and that I'd missed something. I'm just using the game to have something to do while I'm listening to audio books and podcasts. Most of the details of the game are still foreign to me. Should probably re-read the op, now that I'm getting up there, level wise. I got a poo poo-ton of troops, but I've only leveled eight or so of them.

The OP is very good but a lot of it is nonsense until you've experienced the game yourself, I've been playing for almost a year and I'm still not doing some things like Delves and still finding it a strain on souls to keep up with the troop-restricted events. They've developed the game for so long now that there's simply a lot to do at this point.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
Looks like we've got one or more players in Gem Boiz who've lost interest in the game. Do we need the open spots?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Cut the chaff, get swole.

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler
I'd take a Gem Boiz spot. Currently in Gem Blossums. 600k / 1500 / 100-200

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Ian Dunbar is at 21 days inactive. I'd say he's probably the only one who should be booted at the moment.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Joebob Zanzibar and The Jaff, please make some sort of activity in the guild so I can see you're still alive, or let me know what's up. Ian Dunbar, you've been out for 22 days, gotta cut you. One spot available in Boiz.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Speaking of getting swole, could anybody give me some words on how to do these raid battles? Beyond whats in the OP I mean.

I see people in the guild with 20k+ damage on it but I get like 80 damage if I do it, even if I just sat and spammed down my 30 seals I'd make a completely negligible difference towards the next reward rank.

is there somethign I'm missing here?

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Agent355 posted:

Speaking of getting swole, could anybody give me some words on how to do these raid battles? Beyond whats in the OP I mean.

I see people in the guild with 20k+ damage on it but I get like 80 damage if I do it, even if I just sat and spammed down my 30 seals I'd make a completely negligible difference towards the next reward rank.

is there somethign I'm missing here?

You really need a 1-2 punch of armor stripping plus damage. Armor removal technically counts as damage to it. So you cast something like Mang or Trickster's Shot on it to remove all its armor (counting as X damage where X = armor), then cast the event troop on it.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Every time you win a battle the level of the raid goes up, giving the boss more damage scoring potential. Damage against the boss counts even if you lose the battle. Val Ravens also make a difference if you kill them before they flee and win the battle you get 2 more fight tokens.

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler

Night Danger Moose posted:

Joebob Zanzibar and The Jaff, please make some sort of activity in the guild so I can see you're still alive, or let me know what's up. Ian Dunbar, you've been out for 22 days, gotta cut you. One spot available in Boiz.

Please invite DIEPPETRUBBS

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

Agent355 posted:

is there something I'm missing here?

A typical starting point for a raid boss team is Mang/Titan, <godslayer>, <2 of the least bad kingdom troops>. As for higher scores, if you beat the boss 57 times in a row, the fights get up to 640 damage per win, with a total of about 20k, but you're fighting level 300 boss and level 160 minions by that point. Valravens show up about 25% of the time so you can expect to roughly double your sigils in the process of using them)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I prefer Earth’s Fury to Mang so my remaining troops have buffed attacks after my Hero bites it.

You still need Titan for the barrier and starting at 50% mana traits, though.