Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

DarkstarIV posted:

So who gets attacked by Becky this time? Shane or Vince?

I think down the road she should get kicked off the show right at the start, she turns to the cameraman and says "Let's hit the Road" and the interwoven through the show are short viginettes of Becky driving, stopping doing random stuff until she arrives at her destination, the Broken Skull Ranch. She steps inside and asks Steve Austin how she should handle all this crap.

Then next time, Steph says anything KICK - WHAM - STUNNER while Vince whispers "No, not again"

If we're doing a homage to an old angle, go full bore into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

shiksa posted:

and how Vince was actually trying to be reasonable and sensible with stone cold and he was just being difficult?

A lot of people are overthinking this bit. They've established repeatedly over the years that none of the McMahons are to be trusted. The fact that they seem reasonable doesn't mean they actually are.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

The Kimoa Kid posted:

A lot of people are overthinking this bit. They've established repeatedly over the years that none of the McMahons are to be trusted. The fact that they seem reasonable doesn't mean they actually are.

I mean, I actually agree with it. We can take it as a given at this point given that they've been evil for TWENTY YEARS.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010
Something goes here.
Honestly the angle is pretty predictable. Becky is making enemies with the McMahons, who will in turn add Charlotte to the match as their chosen one.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

DarkstarIV posted:

Honestly the angle is pretty predictable. Becky is making enemies with the McMahons, who will in turn add Charlotte to the match as their chosen one.

Predictable isn't bad and there is a lot of buzz about how unfair it is that Charlotte is being put in the match. That's called heat, brother.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010
Something goes here.

Angry Grimace posted:

Predictable isn't bad and there is a lot of buzz about how unfair it is that Charlotte is being put in the match. That's called heat, brother.

Never said it was bad. I think Charlotte should be added to the match, simply because the crowd is going to be hostile towards both Ronda and Charlotte. And I can't rule out Ronda falling apart entirely and tanking the match if its just her and Becky (because Ronda fell apart almost entirely once they turned against her in the Bayley match). At least Charlotte and Becky can carry her to a good match (if she happens to crumble again). Especially if it main events.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

Never said it was bad. I think Charlotte should be added to the match, simply because the crowd is going to be hostile towards both Ronda and Charlotte. And I can't rule out Ronda falling apart entirely and tanking the match if its just her and Becky (because Ronda fell apart almost entirely once they turned against her in the Bayley match). At least Charlotte and Becky can carry her to a good match (if she happens to crumble again). Especially if it main events.

When the crowd says "don't do this thing we will react to because we strongly care about it," it seems like a bad idea to ignore it.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010
Something goes here.

Angry Grimace posted:

When the crowd says "don't do this thing we will react to because we strongly care about it," it seems like a bad idea to ignore it.

I think considering this match will likely main event Wrestlemania, and its the first ever women's main event (for WM), I think WWE is going to take every precaution possible, despite what the audience thinks. I'm probably in the minority when I say this, but while Becky is good, I don't think she would be good enough to carry a crumbling Ronda to a great match on her own.

Plus you can spin it as Becky going over both Ronda and the McMahon's handpicked chosen one (Charlotte).

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HidaO-Win posted:

I think down the road she should get kicked off the show right at the start, she turns to the cameraman and says "Let's hit the Road" and the interwoven through the show are short viginettes of Becky driving, stopping doing random stuff until she arrives at her destination, the Broken Skull Ranch. She steps inside and asks Steve Austin how she should handle all this crap.

Then next time, Steph says anything KICK - WHAM - STUNNER while Vince whispers "No, not again"

If we're doing a homage to an old angle, go full bore into it.

Id watch it

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

A lot of people have made the point that if Ronda is indeed going part-time soon after Wrestlemania, WWE likely wants to have two women they can regularly promote as being in the first Wrestlemania women's main event. I have to imagine that plays a big role in adding Charlotte. But also, Charlotte is great and is going to make the match better.

And personally I think being predictable is extremely good in this case, most of the fans will know how this ends and consequently be very excited.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Angry Grimace posted:

i mean it makes sense but i still dont want charlotte in the match because i do not trust wwe/vince to not have her go over

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i mean it makes sense but i still dont want charlotte in the match because i do not trust wwe/vince to not have her go over

As part of the story that's pretty good though. It adds stakes because Becky v. Ronda as a straight-up match is actually quite predictable.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ronda is a stupid baby.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

you gonna cry after every fight you lose? what are you, my mom?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Becky smirking is great and all but I’d like to think it’s not yet another “person buries Becky and she no sells it” promo. But this is like the go home show and she isn’t on EC so it’s weird to do anything else you can’t pay off at the PPV.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Angry Grimace posted:

this is the go home show

Hot drat, that one really snuck up on me.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

every show is the go home show

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

WWE is never not in the process of going home to another meaningless show.

Checks out.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

Hot drat, that one really snuck up on me.

It's potentially the most irrelevant show of the entire year despite being right in between the two most relevant shows. It doesn't even set up WrestleMania because there's ANOTHER loving PPV before WrestleMania.

I personally couldn't give a gently caress about Elimination Chamber matches and lots of them are bad in spite of the talent and setup. The only thing I even sort of give a poo poo about is that everyone makes it through the matches without an injury.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Is there a women's chamber match this year and does it involve ember moon or is she injured

Those two things are important because against all odds the women's division is the only good thing in current WWE other than Daniel Bryan and his weed belt

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Is there a women's chamber match this year and does it involve ember moon or is she injured

Those two things are important

Ember is injured and not participating in the chamber match for the women's tag team titles, which includes at most three talented workers

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Ember is injured and not participating in the chamber match for the women's tag team titles, which includes at most three talented workers

So skip the show completely then is what you're saying - thanks for the heads up

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

So skip the show completely then is what you're saying - thanks for the heads up

Mustafa Ali is in a match!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

The_Rob posted:

It sucks that they have Candice LaRae, someone who is one of the best women workers to work with men in the ring, and instead are using Nia to experiment with intergender wrestling.
I agree but I bet WWE is wary of the size disparancy and using Nia to ease into the idea.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Now they're getting Netflix money too

PWInsider posted:

PWInsider reports that WWE Studios and Netflix have reached a deal that will see WWE develop new movies that will stream on Netflix. The plan is for the WWE/Netflix films to be family-friendly.

The first film, The Main Event, will film over the summer and be about a 10 year old boy who suffers as the victim of bullies but wants to be a pro-wrestler when he grows up. His dream comes true earlier than he expects when he discovers the secret to super-strength and becomes “The Spaghetti Kid.”

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
wwe films/netflix original is a combination destined to produce the absolute, bar-none worst content ever created, guaranteed.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

shiksa posted:

wwe films/netflix original is a combination destined to produce the absolute, bar-none worst content ever created, guaranteed.

That erm film mentioned in the pw report would suggest that Shiksa has the scoops on how this will pan out.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I can't wait to see how Netflix's unparalleled ability to turn good content bad plays out with content that's already bad

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Chris James 2 posted:

His dream comes true earlier than he expects when he discovers the secret to super-strength and becomes “The Spaghetti Kid.”

He better have HBK's entrance theme with the word Sexy replaced by Spaghetti.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i hope they put santa's little helper on netflix, that movie was loving hilarious

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I can't wait to see how Netflix's unparalleled ability to turn good content bad plays out with content that's already bad
Are you blocking the Sandler films out of your mind?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Are you blocking the Sandler films out of your mind?

I try not to criticize Sandler because he's found a formula that people obviously like and he's used it to get rich while making movies with all his friends

I will absolutely criticize Netflix for turning every comedy into a dogshit drama for three seasons before finally cancelling it

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i didnt even read the movie synopsis and good lord

theyre making rookie of the year but instead of a fun movie magic thing like a kid breaking his arm into a pitching superweapon he's gonna find john cenas magic wrestling sneakers or whatever and it's gonna be dire

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

shiksa posted:

otoh it will also produce top notch redlettermedia content eventually

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

shiksa posted:

john cenas magic wrestling sneakers jorts

I made some edits to your script, I hope you all approve.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i actually saw a leaked script called "The Spaghetti Kid" on a script dump website about a year ago but i figured it was fake. apparently he gets his nickname while changing into his ring gear in the locker room for the first time, and Dean Ambrose (in the script i read at least) says the kid's dick looks like a piece of cooked spaghetti.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Lacey Evans wrestled on WWE Main Event this week against Nattie. Follows the trend of the meh introduction of this wave of NXT call ups. Mitigating factors are that no one watches WWE Main Event and the babyface on Main Even normally goes over.
https://twitter.com/briantheguppie/status/1094070888625070081

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is Randy Orton gonna go to the papers if he has to again? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
Am I the only one (I assume I am as I apparently have awful wrestling taste) who wants to see Ronda turn major heel at Wrestlemania by cheating to win and starting the 4 horsewomen feud, and next years Wrestlemania would be Becky v Charlotte after defeating Ronda and her MMA friends battling it out for the belt?