Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Hits me right in the bucket list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Photo with you in your avatar costume driving this, please.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Residency Evil posted:

Thanks dudes, i'll pass it along. Hopefully he listens. My dad has a thing for buying cut rate salvage title cars and fixing them. Everyone needs a hobby. :shrug:
You can get beat up RX-8s all day for 2-3k around here in NC.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Wrar posted:

You can get beat up RX-8s all day for 2-3k around here in NC.

You can get Rx-8's for 2K running here.

JFC 6K for a RX8?!?!?!

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Yeah, 6k is R3 submodel money. Stay away from that one.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Just got this in the mail (arrived at my place at 7:30pm):

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I was rear ended by a literal ton of tile yesterday. Driving the company van on the highway with a pallet of marble tiles in the back, and of course, we have no ratchet straps or tie downs at all in the company van. Since it's in Chicago and Chicago is the worst, some dickhead cuts me off and brakes so hard that we go from 70 to ~20. Guess what's still going 70?

If there wasn't also an old A/C unit and some plywood behind me, I'd probably be dead right now. I honestly thought that I was hit by a car at first because it was so loud, painful, and jarring. Thankfully, no tile broke, but now I've got whiplash

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

The Door Frame posted:

I was rear ended by a literal ton of tile yesterday. Driving the company van on the highway with a pallet of marble tiles in the back, and of course, we have no ratchet straps or tie downs at all in the company van. Since it's in Chicago and Chicago is the worst, some dickhead cuts me off and brakes so hard that we go from 70 to ~20. Guess what's still going 70?

If there wasn't also an old A/C unit and some plywood behind me, I'd probably be dead right now. I honestly thought that I was hit by a car at first because it was so loud, painful, and jarring. Thankfully, no tile broke, but now I've got whiplash

High and tight.

Stay safe out there!

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

You can get Rx-8's for 2K running here.

JFC 6K for a RX8?!?!?!

It is the same here, though usually it is not running correctly.

I was dreaming of an engine swap. What's a engine that would fit in there for a modest amount of work? A GM 3.8L turbo?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Goober Peas posted:

Photo with you in your avatar costume driving this, please.

For the cover of the 2020 AI calendar.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Nebakenezzer posted:

It is the same here, though usually it is not running correctly.

I was dreaming of an engine swap. What's a engine that would fit in there for a modest amount of work? A GM 3.8L turbo?

There's several companies that sell LS swap kits. There's at least two in my area I've seen running around, one hits the drift track regularly and has a blast. He did the entire swap in a weekend after finally killing the rotary.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
GM LFX or LV3 would be my choice, or a turbo K.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Dagen H posted:

For the cover of the 2020 AI calendar.

if I had like gently caress you amounts of money, I would travel the globe, photographing AI goons and their cars for the worlds most amazing low print run calendar.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

slothrop posted:

if I had like gently caress you amounts of money, I would travel the globe, photographing AI goons and their cars for the worlds most amazing low print run calendar.
That's a lot of rust. And probably jorts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

That's a lot of rust. And probably jorts.

You got a problem with Sockington???

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rhyno posted:

You got a problem with Sockington???
Of course not, he's still the unit of measure for both rust and jorts.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Any Brits care to weigh in on the UK elections? As an ignorant American, I'm curious how you're feeling about it.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Utter utter despair and trying to face the clear fact that this garbage country is stuffed with closed minded racists who will happily see children starve if it lets them be racist more.

Also my son will rely on the NHS until he dies so that will be fun to watch be eviscerated, while I'm trying to stay employed in a country that no European company will use as a manufacturing base.

Apart from that? loving dandy mate, how about you?

Also trying not to think about speaking to family at Christmas, because holy gently caress I'm 99% certain they all voted Tory

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Dec 13, 2019

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
The company I work for is subcontracted to do the work I do, by one of the country's largest engineering firms, who are in turn, contracted by one of the county's largest telecos.

Right now said one of the country's largest engineering firms is withholding $350 of money I've earned from 14 work orders because their own staff are too lazy to close my work orders correctly.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I completely forgot I ordered homemade tamales from a coworker at work. Last night he told me he'll have them ready for me a couple of days before Christmas, and asked if I could go ahead and pay tonight (he'd mentioned he'd need the money ahead of time when I originally talked to him about them). So I need to run by work with a bit of cash for him.

In Dallas, La Popular was the best option unless you knew a coworker or neighbor that made their own. I did live in a neighborhood for awhile where neighbors sold them door to door (always around the holidays, and at random the rest of the year if they needed money), but I usually had to opt for La Popular. Here.... I haven't found a place with solid tamales yet. I've heard of a couple of places, but they're a pretty good drive (25 miles - in DFW 25 miles is nothing, it didn't take long after moving to Austin for me to realize 25 miles is pretty far to drive for food.. or most stuff in general). I have several coworkers who either hail from Mexico, or whose parents are from Mexico. Several have mentioned they're making tamales.

I can't wait. I'm kinda wishing i'd ordered more - I only have 2 dozen coming. GF's mom will be in town for Christmas, and like GF and I, she loves good tamales.

meatpimp posted:

Edit: :wtc: 3000 miles ago it had a broken sunroof, no horse cock shifter and the engine plastics installed. That speaks to a HARD 3k miles that included a ROOF SWAP, since it doesn't have a sunroof now.

The best part is they even list it as having a sunroof in the ad. :v:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Dec 13, 2019

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

cakesmith handyman posted:

Utter utter despair and trying to face the clear fact that this garbage country is stuffed with closed minded racists who will happily see children starve if it lets them be racist more.

Also my son will rely on the NHS until he dies so that will be fun to watch be eviscerated, while I'm trying to stay employed in a country that no European company will use as a manufacturing base.

Also trying not to think about speaking to family at Christmas, because holy gently caress I'm 99% certain they all voted Tory

This. The result is utterly, shockingly pathetic and I'm glad I have a European passport and home so that I'm not chained to the sinking ship. I'm sorry for everyone that can't escape and has to suffer the consequences. It's going to be a disaster (the consequences of which most of the gammony old fucks that voted for it won't live to fully appreciate).

A Decade of the Tories

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Suburban Dad posted:

Any Brits care to weigh in on the UK elections? As an ignorant American, I'm curious how you're feeling about it.

We're hosed

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Why does Canada have to be the only country to reject this kind of bullshit?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Grakkus posted:

This. The result is utterly, shockingly pathetic and I'm glad I have a European passport and home so that I'm not chained to the sinking ship. I'm sorry for everyone that can't escape and has to suffer the consequences. It's going to be a disaster (the consequences of which most of the gammony old fucks that voted for it won't live to fully appreciate).

A Decade of the Tories

Yeesh, I don't know why but things seem way worse across the pond than what's going on over here, at least Trump will probably be gone soon.

Never heard of this guy Johnathan Pie but he seems to sum it up pretty well :v:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Fermented Tinal posted:

Why does Canada have to be the only country to reject this kind of bullshit?

Because we're really good at hiding the racists away somewhere when it becomes important and election campaigns are limited to like, two months total by the elections act. There isn't time for the chuds to hype the half-chuds up to full chud status with election furor.

Also, depending on who you ask, we're actually a nation of America grade racists with a veneer of politeness and monarchism but better teeth than the motherland. But those tend to be the same people who refuse to vote because none of the parties are running on the platform of "everyone who isn't indigenous moves back to Europe".

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

This isn't real.

I hope someone buys you a microfilm viewer.

OH poo poo! There's actually one for sale on my local CL.
https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ele/d/manassas-high-magnification-northwest/7024113314.html

I need a microfiche reader that can print, or a microfiche scanner. I have parts manuals form my motorcycle ('81 Suzuki GS450L) on fiche. They're probably already out there on the intarwebs, but...
I want to say I have one of the Mazda RX-7 parts books on fiche, too. Those *are* on the webs (and on my own site) but seem to be of dismal quality for the most part.

Modus Man posted:

Oh yeah, I’m starting to feel the holiday spirit creeping in, that one makes me want to down a couple glasses of whiskey and take a shot of egg nog.

Reminds me I need to go buy some eggnog!

quote:

Here’s one for all the grinches out there https://youtu.be/-cUz-zAATNI
jesus christ, that voice

Nice, but no one does it better than Thurl Ravenscroft, AKA: Tony The Tiger. This is a great version, though. :thumbsup:

cakesmith handyman posted:

I am concerned that we will be following you come next November, and reelecting the narcissist-in-chief, and I'm concerned with how many of my friends and family are swallowing the bullshit Trump is serving them. This morning I couldn't stop myself from responding to a FaceBook post from a high-school friend, and I may have started a shitstorm. He just won't stop posting pro-Trump garbage, and it pains me to see this friend becoming right wing trash.

Grakkus posted:

A Decade of the Tories

I like that guy. No punches pulled.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

fridge corn posted:

We're hosed

Kinda what I figured the response would be like, and how I expect 2020 to be here. :smith:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Suburban Dad posted:

Various flavours of "Ughhhhhhh". It's going to be a shitshow, and I doubt we'll even see them getting roasted by a decent opposition if Labour carry on like this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
One of my coworkers got in an accident a while back. He had a dashcam and it showed the other driver veering across lanes and whacking his car.

And now that dude is suing him for recording him without consent. Ha.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

One of my coworkers got in an accident a while back. He had a dashcam and it showed the other driver veering across lanes and whacking his car.

And now that dude is suing him for recording him without consent. Ha.

I'm surprised he found a lawyer willing to bring that to court. He's basic asking a judge to set a precedent of "no public action can be recorded, ever, unless you get the consent of everyone everywhere."

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Many lawyers would be perfectly happy to take on a hopeless case as long as their fees are paid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

tetrapyloctomy posted:

I'm surprised he found a lawyer willing to bring that to court. He's basic asking a judge to set a precedent of "no public action can be recorded, ever, unless you get the consent of everyone everywhere."

I was able to guess who the guy hired as I have been sued by this dude in the past.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how likely are you to hire a lawyer with a chinstrap? Dude specializes in personal injury and frivilous lawsuits. Dude's a fuckin ambulance chaser.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I was on the jury for a case where the defendant had hired a lawyer who is best described as Futurama's Hyper-Chicken.

It did not go well for them.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Someone who brings repeated frivolous cases needs to be reported to the state bar

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MomJeans420 posted:

Someone who brings repeated frivolous cases needs to be reported to the state bar

He's won some from what I gather. Dude's tagline is "THE FIGHTER" He repped a dude we tossed out of the bar once and his stupid drunk rear end wandered off and got hit by a car so it was of course our fault. He lost that one.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

MomJeans420 posted:

Someone who brings repeated frivolous cases needs to be hit repeatedly with a steel bar

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

MomJeans420 posted:

We have that in the UK, "vexatious litigant", you can end up on a list where the government has to give you permission to be able to take civil legal action.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

We have that in the UK, "vexatious litigant", you can end up on a list where the government has to give you permission to be able to take civil legal action.

Is that for lawyers or regular folk though? Ambulance chasers are a large percentage of lawyer in the US.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Welp, the girlfriend went all in on sending an e-mail to her recruiter to forward to the hiring manager that just was just flat out open and honest about her situation. The recruiter withheld her cancer diagnosis (likely a good idea for the time being) but made sure the hiring manager was aware that she'll have routine appointments she has to go to. Sounds like they're more than alright with that, and she verbally accepted the job this morning. They're just working on getting details and a start date on paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Yeah, that's going to get thrown out immediately, otherwise all security cameras that record anything outside of the property, ATM cameras, Doorbell cameras, traffic cameras, and using a camera phone in public is going to be illegal.