Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Wow what a very normal thing to post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
Everyone making fun of MrEnter but they all conveniently forget the part of Scooby-Doo (2002) when Matthew Lillard says, "Like, Zoinks, Scoob, it's been 276 days since the 9/11 terrorist attacks."

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Riff re rorget, ruh rerrorists rave run!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's playground rules champ. If you have to spend that many words saying "I'm not owned" and "you're not in my head" then you're definitely owned and they're definitely in your head.

Hell not even any real shame in that. Sitting Presidents, top Pop Stars, and the richest men on the planet all empirically have a hard time weathering a Twitter dogpile.

That's why Twitter is seen as arguably the absolute worst social media.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Who the gently caress is Mister Entre anyway? Is there any reason I'm supposed to know who they are and why they apparently have Official in their account name?

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Who the gently caress is Mister Entre anyway? Is there any reason I'm supposed to know who they are and why they apparently have Official in their account name?

One of those angry internet critics with an animated avatar (long after that trend was well worn out) with a focus on children's animation who was briefly popular around 2018. So I would say no, you're not expected to know who they are. I personally watched his stuff off and on for a few years and found him mildly entertaining, but dropped him pretty quickly when he started the anti-mask rants during the pandemic. He also has an obsession with creating his own animated show but has no clue how to do so, as broken down in this video by people who actually work in the animation industry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtIsWJV4XH4

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Britain is proto-America.

France is Euro-America.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Waterford is a tragic place, this just makes me sad.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I really loving hate muskrats. and I hate how they infect my youtube ALGORITHM video recs with loving click bait horse poo poo about how Musk has invented a FTL rocket or some other horseshit like cold fusion/perpetual motion engines.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

What I wanna know is why the film 2001 doesn't have anything about 9/11 in it. Is it just set in August?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Mr Enter's trenchcoat wearing, fedora hat avatar is also a bit toooo tongue in cheek and a freespeech/freeze peach redflag.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Henchman of Santa posted:

Waterford is a tragic place, this just makes me sad.

The name makes me wonder if you have other kinds of fords available?

Lava? Blood?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Amazing that his response to being called out on a super lovely take is "I have even shittier takes than that!"

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Lava? Blood?

There's a place in Canada called Battleford, because a bunch of battles were fought over the fords there during colonization.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
https://twitter.com/g3thaunted/status/1515253186860306433

(https://www.vice.com/en/article/akvp4z/colorado-police-officer-racist-anti-homeless-reddit)

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i no longer feel bad about making fun of mr enter's terrible cartoon ideas

i'm not sure i felt bad before though

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

theironjef posted:

What I wanna know is why the film 2001 doesn't have anything about 9/11 in it. Is it just set in August?

The telling part was having Reggie Perrin play a Soviet. Kubrick knew things. Resurrect the dead on planet Jupiter and all.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

OwlFancier posted:

Lava? Blood?

Mudford

...which is a real place, apparently

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
There's a bunch of towns in the US called Rockford

Bo-ring

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

OwlFancier posted:

Lava? Blood?

In a cottage of skulls, with a parlour of pain, I live in the ford of blood.

It's actually a pretty short commute to London.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dave.... Dave Matthews?

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

Amazing that his response to being called out on a super lovely take is "I have even shittier takes than that!"

Funnily it's not even his worst take in that video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8GtnxdqYBo

Aside from unironic usage of the term "rainbow capitalism", he also claims nobody had cell phones in 2002, and the use of a boy band as a plot device is unrealistic because Justin Timberlake left Nsync in 2001.

It's a wild ride. :suspense:

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Heath posted:

Click on this guy's PFP and tell me where his right eye sits on his head. I dare you

Lol that guy's profile. Yeah man, I'm gonna take #grindset advice from a dude that looks like if bong water was a person.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

RillAkBea posted:

Aside from unironic usage of the term "rainbow capitalism", he also claims nobody had cell phones in 2002, and the use of a boy band as a plot device is unrealistic because Justin Timberlake left Nsync in 2001.

It's a wild ride. :suspense:

So he just literally was not alive until 2005, right? That's the only way you could get all of this wrong.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A lot of old-school Internet Personalities really do seem to either chill out or brutally self-immolate.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Cleretic posted:

So he just literally was not alive until 2005, right? That's the only way you could get all of this wrong.

When I was an apprentice computer toucher in 2000, I got a second hand Nokia 5110 for on call. It was fantastic and survived me dropping it down a double flight of stairs with a tiny crack in the casing.

No real point except to say 'hey everyone, remember how good the Nokia 5110 was?'

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

theironjef posted:

That transitional form is literally halszkaraptor, that's hilarious.

Oh god, it looks like it's got hands

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

RillAkBea posted:

Aside from unironic usage of the term "rainbow capitalism"

What's wrong with that term? Like, I'm sure he misuses it in some dumbass way, but rainbowashing/rainbow capitalism is a pretty easily identifiable thing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah Disney is the perfect example of rainbow capitalism. Using it when it’s convenient and jettisoning it when it’s not

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Saagonsa posted:

What's wrong with that term? Like, I'm sure he misuses it in some dumbass way, but rainbowashing/rainbow capitalism is a pretty easily identifiable thing.

Oh, my mistake. Sorry, I thought it was a more politically loaded term.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

RillAkBea posted:

Oh, my mistake. Sorry, I thought it was a more politically loaded term.

I'm not watching that video and I haven't seen Red yet, so I'm sure he's being dumb, but Disney is actually a really good example of rainbow capitalism. Like there were all these news stories about the "gay character" in the live action Beauty and the Beast, where the only representation is he gives another guy a quick peck on the cheek. Or Endgame being the first Marvel film with an openly gay character when it's just some rando speaking briefly in a support group about going on a date for the first time since the Snap. Or (and this one isn't Disney) the newest Harry Potter being such an intense gay romance and they only had to cut 6 seconds to be able to show it in China (which is also true of the other films mentioned).

That's generally what people who aren't being intellectually dishonest mean when using that phrase, but like every other bit of leftist or progressive rhetoric ("woke" "fake news" etc) assholes will co-opt it to mean things like tv shows where the creators genuinely work towards proper representation.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Skwirl posted:

I'm not watching that video and I haven't seen Red yet, so I'm sure he's being dumb, but Disney is actually a really good example of rainbow capitalism. Like there were all these news stories about the "gay character" in the live action Beauty and the Beast, where the only representation is he gives another guy a quick peck on the cheek. Or Endgame being the first Marvel film with an openly gay character when it's just some rando speaking briefly in a support group about going on a date for the first time since the Snap. Or (and this one isn't Disney) the newest Harry Potter being such an intense gay romance and they only had to cut 6 seconds to be able to show it in China (which is also true of the other films mentioned).

That's generally what people who aren't being intellectually dishonest mean when using that phrase, but like every other bit of leftist or progressive rhetoric ("woke" "fake news" etc) assholes will co-opt it to mean things like tv shows where the creators genuinely work towards proper representation.

Disney's gotten almost clever about it by allowing some fairly progressive stuff on their cartoons (The Owl House probably being the big recent one), basically only as a shield. Because that stuff doesn't get sent to many foreign markets anyway, so they don't risk losing that market.

And then they jerk around those shows anyway.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Boy I sure love diving into all of the funny content in the IOSM thread! Now lemme take a sip of my coffee and see what's going on :yum:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Does this mean The Eternals makes even less sense in China if they cut out the gay dads scenes.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

There is never going to be an explicit sex scene in a Disney movie: gay, straight, or more complicated.

At best its "romance" and it's always going to be easy to edit out the kisses.

Disney+ just did an "are you sure you want to see mature content?" update and the mature content does not include horny

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

In a bunch of non-US regions, Disney+ integrates a selection of mature themed content (largely but not exclusively from Fox) which contains plenty of horny and sex.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

SCheeseman posted:

In a bunch of non-US regions, Disney+ integrates a selection of mature themed content (largely but not exclusively from Fox) which contains plenty of horny and sex.
it's not that i need to know what horny/sexy content you're talking about

but

to what D+ content are you referring to?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

FFT posted:

There is never going to be an explicit sex scene in a Disney movie: gay, straight, or more complicated.

At best its "romance" and it's always going to be easy to edit out the kisses.

Disney+ just did an "are you sure you want to see mature content?" update and the mature content does not include horny
As everyone knows the only way to indicate two people are in a romantic relationship is graphic, on-screen loving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

FFT posted:

it's not that i need to know what horny/sexy content you're talking about

but

to what D+ content are you referring to?

I’m in England, I watched Pam and Tommy on D+ and that’s got a whole bit where his humongous dick talks to him