Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Straker
Nov 10, 2005
The 750M is pretty bad (but still good enough for most stuff) and the 775 is pretty great, and 1440p is about double the pixels, so I'd expect them to perform pretty similarly, though obviously whatever you're looking at with the 775M will be more expensive, make games look prettier, have a nicer display for other stuff you might be doing etc. etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Anyone know what might be causing Metro: Last Light to be using 10% of my GPU? It checked GPU-Z because it was running at like 10fps and my GPU was running at 500mhz and using only 10% of the GPU. That was with full details on everything and 1080p.

I don't get it, could this indicate a problem with the way my PC is set up? Googling didn't show users with similar problems.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

cat doter posted:

Anyone know what might be causing Metro: Last Light to be using 10% of my GPU? It checked GPU-Z because it was running at like 10fps and my GPU was running at 500mhz and using only 10% of the GPU. That was with full details on everything and 1080p.

I don't get it, could this indicate a problem with the way my PC is set up? Googling didn't show users with similar problems.

Is it just Metro: Last Light that does this? An issue like that might be overheating and the GPU throttling to protect itself.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I just bought an EVGA 760 SC (2gb version) with the ACX cooler: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16814130932

I would like to OC this thing, but I'm unfamiliar with the process when it comes to video cards. Some of the things I'm reading say to just use the K-Boost thing that comes with the EVGA Precision X software. They say it's safe and a one-touch performance increase. Has anyone here used that? I upgraded from a 560ti and wow, what a difference, especially in noise. I can't hear the thing even at 50% fan load.

I contacted EVGA and got an updated BIOS for the card, changed the Nvidia display settings a bit (Power stuff set to Maximum Performance, Single Display settings, etc.), is there anything else I could tweak on this thing? I read Agreed's stuff in the OP, but it doesn't touch on K-Boost.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Just to rule things out, I switched my EVGA 770's for two first-party 770 reference cards (GTX reference cards only exist in retail at Best Buy, from what I've seen) but the stuttering issue persists in Realm Reborn. Oddly it is present but less severe if I use "Borderless Windowed" instead of "Full Screen"; the stutter interval is the same but the duration is shorter.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I have a GTX 680, but it's also Kepler based so here's what helped me with my OC figuring out (mostly learned from here and here put in my own language). The last card I overclocked was an ATI 4860 4 years ago so I had a bit to learn.

I've liked EVGA Precision the best for messing with things. I use Unigine Valley on the Extreme HD preset for checking and comparing benchmarks (takes ~3 minutes to run).

The Power Target is how much, within a few percentages, the card will max things to perform. I've not messed with it too much to see differences, but generally increasing it to max has been advised while figuring out overclocks.

For the core speed, if you look with GPUZ or similar it shows the GPU Clock, which is the designed speed (mine is 1006). It will be increased according to demands to a Boost speed (default for mine is 1058). However, there is still room on top of that so your core speed under full load ends up being the Max Core Speed. This is the upper limit of the card (both my cards acted different, one went to 1124, but the other stayed at 1058).

So, you add an offset to the boost speed and it will vary your Max Core Speed. It's based on multiples of 13, so there's a range of boost steps that determine your Max Core. I geeked out and made a table to track each step until I found my unstable limits. I'd add 13 Mhz to the default boost and run Valley, then add 13 more to get the next Max Boost step. I did so in windowed mode so I could see the clock changes. The KP stands for Kepler Boost from that guide mentioned above, but I don't know that it really means much:

I found it easier to then see what my Max Core would be with a given offset. You can then fine tune it a few Mhz at a time in between that 13 Mhz step, but I wasn't too worried about a few Mhz compared to the ~100 or gained from default. Max voltage gives you better room for higher clocks. I think it's 2.212, which is what I had to mod my BIOS to do (default was 1.175v). This of course increases temperatures. I'm water cooling, though, so temps aren't an issue. When you get around 80° C the card will clock things down in that 13 Mhz step to try to cool it down. So making a good fan curve to get the best cooling possible helps it stay at the Max Core speed you're aiming for. The red lines in my chart were unstable, green is where I maxed. I then set both cards to their own offset and found them stable.

I then bumped up the Memory offset 100 Mhz and ran Valley, then another 100 Mhz until it had issues. I then backed off 25, then up 10 or so until a happy spot was found.
I ended up with a 420 Mhz offset. I then ran Valley full screen to finalize my stability check and played some games. If there's problems, then back each one off a bit and retest until you find a happy spot.

If this doesn't make much sense please ask and I'll try to clarify.

edit:
Regarding my stuttering issue mentioned before, it seems to have gone away. I modded the stock bios to increase my max voltage to 2.212 on both cards. Without any offsets on my part it changed both cards to reach a Max Boost of 1202, which is the limit on the bios. At one point during that I had to reinstall the drivers. I then found that stutter was gone. So I don't know if that's what did it or what, but at least it seems OK for now. I added a 50 Mhz offset and am running stable at 1241 @ 55°.

edit 2:
Nevermind, the stutters are back =[

AzureSkys fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Dec 25, 2013

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
AnandTech has a review of Sapphire's first custom-cooled R9-290. It is every bit the potent card expected - consistently within spitting distance of the R9-290X just on the mild factory OC, as well as trading blows with the 780 Ti depending on title. Keeps everything cool at ~70 C and quiet at ~40 dBA, same as the Asus DCII on a 7970 GE.

And then they overclocked it. Top of the charts except where the 780 Ti holds a strong Nvidia advantage. A bit louder, but not the jet engine that it is with the stock cooler. I'm interested to see how other semicustom jobbers work.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Thank you very much for the information. I'm going to hold off on the OC for now, but I will use that as a reference for later.

I was excited to get this card, as I haven't upgraded in some time, but based on what I read on various forums, it seems that the 760 isn't that serious of a jump from the 560? Am I just reading incorrectly? I have no plans for "4k gaming" any time soon, more than happy with 1080p. For $260, I figured it was the best card money can buy. Anyone else with a 760 and can offer some insight as to how the card performs overall? I haven't had much time to test it yet.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
HardOCP has their ASUS R9 290X DirectCU II OC review if anyone's interested. Probably a first for them, but they didn't overclock the thing. It offers the same level of performance as the stock 780 Ti. Not quite as good, but the gap is pretty small for something that may be a $100 or more cheaper.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Cacodad posted:

Anyone else with a 760 and can offer some insight as to how the card performs overall? I haven't had much time to test it yet.
This probably has more than enough of what might be helpful:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1403674/official-nvidia-gtx-760-owners-club

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

AzureSkys posted:

This probably has more than enough of what might be helpful:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1403674/official-nvidia-gtx-760-owners-club

First place I should have checked. Thank you!

Straker
Nov 10, 2005
It's not really cost effective to spend like $60x2 or more on aftermarket cooling for a pair of 290s, but stock cooler keeps the bottom one at 80C and top one at 90 so I'm thinking it might be worth replacing the cooler on the top card out of a pair :)

jkyuusai
Jun 26, 2008

homegrown man milk
I'm in the middle of digging through SweetFX/RadeonPro after getting turned on to it by Agreed's post a few days/weeks (god knows anymore, this month has been goofy) ago. I have no idea if anyone is even interested in this or if it makes sense to put this sort of info in the thread. Yell at me if you want me to take it out/not post anything further.

A few bits of info I've found before I get totally lost:

SweetFX
The links used in that discussion for SweetFX were outdated - the current version is 1.5.1 and the thread is here.

The above link contains some links to some Youtube videos that walk you through installing SweetFX and configuring a profile for it for Borderlands 2. The maintainer of SweetFX calls it out as a good starting point to help familiarize yourself with configuring SweetFX.
It also contains a link to a GUI configurator that has been updated with v1.5.1 of SweetFX that will assist you in creating config files as opposed to doing them by hand

SweetFX on its own, DOES NOT WORK on Windows 8.1. Something got updated in part of the DirectX library that breaks SweetFX. This will eventually be fixed in an update to SweetFX.
In the meantime, if SweetFX is injected using RadeonPro, it will work in Windows 8.1. Note that at this time, RadeonPro is NOT COMPATIBLE with SweetFX v1.5.1. You must use v1.4. A nice side effect of using SweetFX (albeit an older version) with RadeonPro is that you only have to maintain one set of SweetFX files. RadeonPro will handle injecting them for you, saving you from having to copy a bunch of poo poo into each game's directory. Unfortunately, SweetFX's live reload capability (change an effect and see it reflected immediately in game) doesn't work via RadeonPro right now, for some reason. Actually, it's worse, seems like you have to enable/disable SweetFX in RP every time you change a shader setting to force RP to pick up the changes.

As an aside, the dev behind SweetFX is working with someone else to port his shaders to a newer sexier more efficient injector called eFX. It will solve all the compatibility issues while also curing 3 types of dick cancer. The thread for it is here. Good loving luck getting anything useful out of it right now. poo poo is half implemented and just kinda works. On the right track, but not convenient to use right now.

RadeonPro
Again, the links were outdated - current summary thread is here.
An updated installer that will properly recognize R Series cards was released in November and can be gotten here.

TLDR; Windows 7/8, use latest version of SweetFX. Windows 8.1 use RadeonPro with SweetFX v1.4
edit: Also, here's a database of preset files for SweetFX for a bunch of games in case you have absolutely no desire to configure shaders after wading through all this poo poo (it's me, I'm the one who wants that) :negative:

VVVV: No problem! Yep, there's a whole list of games that you can flip on AO for in a menu right inside the app.

jkyuusai fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Dec 25, 2013

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Oh wait, radeonpro can add ambient occlusion to games? I asked about something like this a while back and no one replied! Thanks for the post dude.

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Is it just Metro: Last Light that does this? An issue like that might be overheating and the GPU throttling to protect itself.

Turns out it was just unpatched for some reason, didn't have automatic updates enabled. Runs at locked 60fps and almost never drops under that now.

Factory Factory posted:

AnandTech has a review of Sapphire's first custom-cooled R9-290. It is every bit the potent card expected - consistently within spitting distance of the R9-290X just on the mild factory OC, as well as trading blows with the 780 Ti depending on title. Keeps everything cool at ~70 C and quiet at ~40 dBA, same as the Asus DCII on a 7970 GE.

And then they overclocked it. Top of the charts except where the 780 Ti holds a strong Nvidia advantage. A bit louder, but not the jet engine that it is with the stock cooler. I'm interested to see how other semicustom jobbers work.

I'm curious about this, since the 290 can withstand 95C before overheating, does it have a ton of thermal headroom with a good cooler or something? Because I want one of these custom coolers for my 290 or something similar.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

cat doter posted:

I'm curious about this, since the 290 can withstand 95C before overheating, does it have a ton of thermal headroom with a good cooler or something? Because I want one of these custom coolers for my 290 or something similar.

It does. The semicustom AnandTech reviewed was well below throttling even with a buff overclock, rather than throttling at stock clocks.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Factory Factory posted:

It does. The semicustom AnandTech reviewed was well below throttling even with a buff overclock, rather than throttling at stock clocks.

Are there commercially available similar coolers? I can't just buy sapphire's custom cooler right?

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
There are, and you can't. The aftermarket ones will require some research and significant labor to install correctly. Gelid and Arctic are the big names, or you could go DIY with The Mod (i.e. a DIY version of Arctic's Accelero Hybrid, a combination of a custom fan and a closed-loop liquid cooler). In general, an aftermarket cooler will make your card a 3-slot or even 4-slot wide thingy, so watch out if you have expansion cards nearby.

Here's a Tom's Hardware article on putting on an Arctic Accelero Xtreme III: linky

FYI this voids the poo poo out of your warranty.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Most manufacturers, some let you do that silliness as long as you send any RMA card with their stock cooler.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Yeah, as Deimos said, some manufacturer's will let you keep your warranty with an aftermarket cooler so long as the act of installing the color didn't damage the card.

Off the top of my head, Powercolor allows you to keep your warranty with an aftermarket cooler. Word is that XFX does as well (though those have the void warranty stickers on the screws) so long as you live in North America and notify them.

Having a Gelid cooler myself, it gets the job done but I wouldn't recommend them (you just have to jump through too many hoops). If you can, I'd wait until some coolers designed with 290's specifically in mind to hit.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Does anyone know when the factory custom cooled 290s and 290xs are going to be in the wild?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Factory Factory posted:

I'm stuck offline for the most part; any good apples to oranges OC 290X vs OC 780Ti around?

We knew it'd be a strong performer on the basis of good DIY cooling perf, how does it scale with nVidia's top end last gen?

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

Agreed posted:

I'm stuck offline for the most part; any good apples to oranges OC 290X vs OC 780Ti around?

Not that I can find. TR doesn't have a review up. PCPer has crappy overclocking coverage. AnandTech only compared 290 OC to 780 Ti stock - mostly a whomp except in Nvidia-strong games, where the 780 Ti maintains a relatively large lead. [H] hasn't yet done their 290X overclocking, they just reviewed the stock clocks with OC to come.

quote:

We knew it'd be a strong performer on the basis of good DIY cooling perf, how does it scale with nVidia's top end last gen?

At stock clocks, the 770 doesn't stand a chance. It can come close, but it never ties. 780 mostly falls behind, but takes a few ties and a handful of victories in Nvidia-friendly titles e.g. Bioshock: Infinite, Battlefield 3, Crysis 3. Overclocked, the only thing that can touch it is the 780 Ti and a 290X Uber mode.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

So I just learned crossfire doesn't like windowed mode!

Who only plays in windowed mode? This guy!

:smith:

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
Convinced myself that getting a Radeon R9 280X over a 270X was worthwhile, now I wait for China Claus to deliver a new shipment of GPU's here stateside so I can actually buy one at MSRP. It's good to see the custom cooled R9 290 series cards being so good, it might force a price drop for the 780 Ti with the custom cooled 290X being so good, a 5-10% performance boost just from being properly cooled before even adding in overclocking is really ridiculous.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
So where does this leave 780 now? They'd have to drop it down to close to $400 to make any kind of argument for it, and even at that price it's not super enticing compared to the 290's post-facelift gauntlet.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Hace posted:

So where does this leave 780 now? They'd have to drop it down to close to $400 to make any kind of argument for it, and even at that price it's not super enticing compared to the 290's post-facelift gauntlet.

The 780 actually wins fairly decisively in most tests compared to the 290 if both are overclocked and on a an equal cooling level. Also 780's can get pretty great overclocks on air too, compared to the 290 they actually usually have more headroom. The 780ti has ridiculous headroom with the stock card, with the reference air card easily running at 1250MHz+. At those speeds it is faster than anything else by a huge margin. So yes, AMD has the price/performance advantage right now, but Nvidia leads with overclocked performance as well as power draw. The other main area of contest is the software/gimmick value adds from both companies, and I personally know a lot of people who like PhysX enough to stay Nvidia even if it is more.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

BurritoJustice posted:

The 780 actually wins fairly decisively in most tests compared to the 290 if both are overclocked and on a an equal cooling level. Also 780's can get pretty great overclocks on air too, compared to the 290 they actually usually have more headroom. The 780ti has ridiculous headroom with the stock card, with the reference air card easily running at 1250MHz+. At those speeds it is faster than anything else by a huge margin. So yes, AMD has the price/performance advantage right now, but Nvidia leads with overclocked performance as well as power draw. The other main area of contest is the software/gimmick value adds from both companies, and I personally know a lot of people who like PhysX enough to stay Nvidia even if it is more.

I'd expect Shadowplay to entice a whole group of people to stick with Nvidia as well. Setting up streaming things or capture options was always a huge pain in the rear end the few times I tried it, and now I can just 'do it' with Shadowplay. It's a pretty incredible leap from 'all this software plus some weird options' to 'press this button' for capturing video.

I've recently found out that 7680x1440 is a LOT of pixels to push, even if you went ahead and SLI'd two 780tis :v:

fake edit:

For those of you running "Surround" or "Eyefinity" setups owe it to yourself to pick up DisplayFusion, it fixes it so when you snap a window to the top of a monitor it stays on the one monitor rather than stretch across all three.

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"
Potentially ridiculous question, but a 770 isn't going to be the least bit bottlenecked by a 2500K OC'd to 4.2, is it?

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

Smudgie Buggler posted:

Potentially ridiculous question, but a 770 isn't going to be the least bit bottlenecked by a 2500K OC'd to 4.2, is it?

Nope.

BusinessWallet
Sep 13, 2005
Today has been the most perfect day I have ever seen
My girlfriend got me a GTX 770 4GB for christmas which is really really awesome, my last card was a 6870 so it was a much needed upgrade. I run my games at 2560x1440, so I was wondering if it was worth it to exchange it for a GTX 780, since the price difference is fairly negligible.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
I have a 770 right now and thinking of getting a second one to run SLI and nvidia surround at 5760x1080.

My motherboard will only run the pcie slots at x8 if I do a SLI setup. How will that affect performance vs getting a new motherboard that will do x16 and x8 SLI or even x16 and x16 SLI?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Similar question, my friend has this mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130695

Apparently it supports Crossfire, but not SLI? Is that correct and if so how come?

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 26, 2013

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

Secx posted:

I have a 770 right now and thinking of getting a second one to run SLI and nvidia surround at 5760x1080.

My motherboard will only run the pcie slots at x8 if I do a SLI setup. How will that affect performance vs getting a new motherboard that will do x16 and x8 SLI or even x16 and x16 SLI?

If it's PCIe 3.0, there won't be a measurable performance impact. If it's PCIe 2.0, it depends how you get the x16 you'd be comparing the x8 to.

Comparing x8/x8 - 16 lanes - to full native x16/x16 - 32 total lanes - then you'll see a performance drop of zero to five percent depending on title. But you don't get this without an Ivy Bridge-E setup, a chip with 40 PCIe lanes instead of just 16.

Comparing x8/x8 to x16/x16 via a PLX switch, bandwidth will improve, which improves some titles, but latency increases, which will harm others. Best case, 2-3% speedup over x8/x8. Worst case, a 1-2% performance regression. PLX switches are much more useful for 3-4 GPU setups.

For x16/x8, practically that will perform exactly like x8/x8. One card will be slightly faster, but frame pacing algorithms will erase that difference by the time rendered frames hit the monitor.

Zero VGS posted:

Similar question, my friend has this mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130695

Apparently it supports Crossfire, but not SLI? Is that correct and if so how come?

SLI requires an x8 electrical PCIe connection. It's just a now-arbitrary requirement that dates back to PCIe 1.0. CrossFire has no such requirement, and you can run a second (or third) card on, e.g., the PCIe 2.0 x4 slot from the PCH, as long as you are okay with with the more-significant performance from lack of slot bandwidth.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

cat doter posted:

Are there commercially available similar coolers? I can't just buy sapphire's custom cooler right?

I wish, honestly - I think more card manufacturers could probably make a quick buck by selling their custom cooling solutions on their own. Asus, Gigabyte, Zotac, Sapphire and a few other brands have been making some pretty sweet coolers, it'd be nice to go online and purchase just the cooler itself. It's kinda the reason I usually wait for other vendors to come out with their versions of cards, versus getting the reference card and then spending extra later...the cost difference with say, an Asus DCU custom card and a stock reference card with an aftermarket cooler separately are probably close to the same.

Also, loving the poo poo out of the 670FTW I scored from my buddy, I cleaned it out real good, put some new paste on, and so far it's overclocked with no problem to 1110 core/1650 memory. Runs through all my games and stress tests without any issue at full 1080p resolution. Noticed during stress testing with Valley/Heaven and with Furmark that the core clock was going WAY higher than what the boost said it would - right now GPU-Z shows the boost as being 1189, but Furmark and Valley show the core hitting around 1230-ish during peak load. Only downside is the blower style cooler, but it's nice since it's exhausting any hot air outside the case, versus the old 6970 I had that was dual fan and kept most the heat inside.

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender

Ozz81 posted:

Noticed during stress testing with Valley/Heaven and with Furmark that the core clock was going WAY higher than what the boost said it would - right now GPU-Z shows the boost as being 1189, but Furmark and Valley show the core hitting around 1230-ish during peak load.

I see the same with my 780. Don't trust those readings; Valley and Furmark aren't correct. Trust GPU-Z or HWiNFO64.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Are 2nd video cards dedicated to physx still a thing? Ive got a gtx 770 on the way and a gtx 550ti hanging around the house. Is it worth the trouble of installing the ti for the game or two I play that supports physx?

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
It's a thing, yeah, and it improves your minimum framerates very, very well (which reduces stutter). A 550 Ti is a good card for a PhysX buddy, too.

Worth the trouble? I dunno, what's it worth to you?

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I'll give it a shot, thanks. I ran 7800GTs in SLI years ago and it sucked so any time I put two cards in one system I start to imagine all sorts of driver issues and such.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Things have changed a good bit since those days and are a bit more accommodating. If you have the room and the power it won't hurt anything. Or you can sell it off to put towards something better. Or be lazy like me and never do anything with it so you still have a collection of worthless video cards from the past 10 years...

Ozz81 posted:

Also, loving the poo poo out of the 670FTW I scored from my buddy, I cleaned it out real good, put some new paste on, and so far it's overclocked with no problem to 1110 core/1650 memory. Runs through all my games and stress tests without any issue at full 1080p resolution. Noticed during stress testing with Valley/Heaven and with Furmark that the core clock was going WAY higher than what the boost said it would - right now GPU-Z shows the boost as being 1189, but Furmark and Valley show the core hitting around 1230-ish during peak load. Only downside is the blower style cooler, but it's nice since it's exhausting any hot air outside the case, versus the old 6970 I had that was dual fan and kept most the heat inside.

Is that the Kepler Boost just reaching the possible max boost when there's power/temp room? One of my 680s is rated 1006, 1058 boost but goes to 1124 with the difference between those two being it's "kepler boost". It's explained better here:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1265110/the-gtx-670-overclocking-master-guide#post_17391119

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
The Mod is now officially done.

Let's pop that out and do a little work... Oh God my fingat got in the picture :gonk:

Agreed got me a second tanfan for our Christmas gift exchange :3:

And I cut up a letter holder from Staples. I never liked that window.

It is so quiet. It is so, so quiet you guys. You have no idea. It is so quiet. Furmark is pushing nearly 350W through this system, and it whispers like a larger machine is idling from farther away.