Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
lmao my first year of college our school used our SSNs as our student IDs, and all grades were posted by student ID (to add some anonymity) so yeah it was just normal for someone to walk around with a paper and pencil writing down stuff posted on notice boards with hundreds of SSNs displayed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Maybe the judge will split the difference and make them pay $300

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Shame Boy posted:

I literally live with a videogame programmer, I do not want people like that to have access to my tax information

We also have to live with you, don't be so hard on yourself :xd:

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
if you think programmers are bad wait until you meet people who work at the IRS

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Coolness Averted posted:

lmao my first year of college our school used our SSNs as our student IDs, and all grades were posted by student ID (to add some anonymity) so yeah it was just normal for someone to walk around with a paper and pencil writing down stuff posted on notice boards with hundreds of SSNs displayed

My first drivers license (Montana ~1997) used my ssn as the license number. When I was in the army we used our ssn for everything and were expected to rattle off the last four in all sorts of public settings

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

We need to treat the ssn more like a username and less like a password.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The first six digits of your SSN are just"where were you born" anyways.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

We use a number as the gold standard of identification from a card that explicitly says "NOT TO BE USED AS IDENTIFICATION". American AF

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

HootTheOwl posted:

The first six digits of your SSN are just"where were you born" anyways.

The address where the application came in from, actually, which usually is where were you born but not always

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

HashtagGirlboss posted:

The address where the application came in from, actually, which usually is where were you born but not always

that sounds more like it. apparently they stopped the practice in 2011 anyway.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
lol my entire personnel file with my clearance file (which has a LOT of stuff in it) was stolen during the OPM hack so the idea of me worrying about my social is pretty fun

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

that sounds more like it. apparently they stopped the practice in 2011 anyway.

Yeah I imagine they started running out of numbers in places like nyc and la and it made no sense to keep the Casper Wyoming or Bangor Maine series sacrosanct

A Bakers Cousin posted:

lol my entire personnel file with my clearance file (which has a LOT of stuff in it) was stolen during the OPM hack so the idea of me worrying about my social is pretty fun

:same: and also like a dozen other breaches since

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Yeah I imagine they started running out of numbers in places like nyc and la and it made no sense to keep the Casper Wyoming or Bangor Maine series sacrosanct

:same: and also like a dozen other breaches since

Maine was 007 but neither of my kids ended up with it :/

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

A Bakers Cousin posted:

b-b-but TikTok is gonna steal all the secrets!

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Same. Still salty about that.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

500excf type r posted:

Maine was 007 but neither of my kids ended up with it :/

How does it feel to fail your children?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
trap sprung, by having kids you failed them from the start!

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1639030606980870144?s=20

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
that's why he makes the big bucks

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

this woke bullshit has gone too far

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

cadmium is good for you

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
fun fact, cadbury chocolate is named after its main ingredient, cadmium

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
hershey's is named after its main taste, which is arse

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Looking into it very strongly, thank you!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

where will the children get their lead from now?

kidding, only olds eat Hersheys. probably that sweet lead taste they know and love

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

If they take out the lead they will just have to add more sugar to replace the lost sweetness. At least lead won't rot your teeth.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Isn't lead supposed to be sweet? Hersheys tastes like old bitter vomit.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Biplane posted:

i dont normally eat lead biplane so i wouldnt know

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

According to wikipedia lead has historically been used as a sweetener. I will accept this and you won't have to go out and eat some to test it.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Biplane posted:

According to wikipedia lead has historically been used as a sweetener. I will accept this and you won't have to go out and eat some to test it.

Yeah the Romans used to have a bit of lead in their wine I believe

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Everyone always shouts "Eat lead!" at me, but then they also shoot at me so I think they're mean and don't have my best interests at heart.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Biplane posted:

people blow the hersheys butyric taste thing way out of proportion imo. it's fine

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

mawarannahr posted:

people blow the hersheys butyric taste thing way out of proportion imo. it's fine

this guy over here eating lead smh

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

mawarannahr posted:

It's fucken vile man. My first exposure was at a work conference where I casually popped a Hershey's kiss into my mouth and had to immediately cough it up into a napkin, in front of the people I was supposed to be schmoozing. Totally unpalatable, and I've happily eaten my way through a Chinese wedding full of dressed sea-slug and pigeon-toe soup.

And yeah yeah blue cheese is delicious, whatever. I don't expect children's candy to have the same challenging undertones of vomit and decay

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

If you didn't grow up with it it's gross, if you did it's virtually unnoticeable and the people from the first camp seem like weird incredibly specific psychopaths

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Shame Boy posted:

If you didn't grow up with it it's gross, if you did it's virtually unnoticeable and the people from the first camp seem like weird incredibly specific psychopaths

Yeah basically this. Like the blue cheese example, French kids are probably eating that from birth and it's no problem, but a lot of Anglo people have to acquire the taste as an adult.

Either way, I don't need to be challenged with the flavour profile of fake chocolate which is otherwise waxy, chalky, and unappealing in every dimension.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

How does it feel to fail your children?

feels like its more of a them problem than a me problem

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Shame Boy posted:

If you didn't grow up with it it's gross

i didn't grow up with it and its fine. if you focus on it sure you get a hint of it, but so you can from many other foods as well. of course, it's very typical for Europeans to marginalize anything that doesn't conform to their conservative expectations of the world.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Either way, I don't need to be challenged with the flavour profile of fake chocolate which is otherwise waxy, chalky, and unappealing in every dimension.

it's ok. it's an inexpensive treat you can find in vending machines everywhere. the only international rival I've seen in this regard, Cadbury's, isn't the manna the English make it out to be, especially not after Kraft bought them. the grit is an interesting mouthfeel and better than some overly creamed thing like dove.

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 13:26 on Mar 24, 2023

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

i didn't grow up with it and its fine. if you focus on it sure you get a hint of it, but so you can from many other foods as well. of course, it's very typical for Europeans to marginalize anything that doesn't conform to their conservative expectations of the world.

you did grow up with it, and it's bad actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

mawarannahr posted:

Hershey's tastes like eating easter chocolate at christmas