Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Is there an anime map game? The only one I can think of is Dragon Force for the Saturn (which ruled)

*does the Grinch smile* Sengoku Rance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

In Training posted:

Is HOI 4 good?

Yes, as long as youre cool with being a major power (or Poland) since they're the ones with the custom event/decision chains and stuff

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
warlock 1 and 2 are the same game, and they're both fine. they're sort of 'lite' civ 5s focused on combat, rather than having much in the way of research etc. they're fun to mess around in. i'd recommend either for like $10 or $15.

e: apparently warlock 2 is like $5 right now so yeah, if you haven't played the first one i'd say that's worth it.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

gonna wait for either a sale or for kaiserriech to get converted over

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Agean90 posted:

gonna wait for either a sale or for kaiserriech to get converted over

You can get it at GMG for 25% off with "IRON25"

vvv :unsmigghh:

The Narrator fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 9, 2016

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Well there goes that excuse. Sorry wallet!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Narrator posted:

You can get it at GMG for 25% off with "IRON25"

vvv :unsmigghh:

Whoa ty.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Is there an anime map game? The only one I can think of is Dragon Force for the Saturn (which ruled)

Eiyuu Senki.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

BBJoey posted:

Ck2+ was good until wiz stopped developing it and the retards took over

I only ever played when Wiz was doing it full time, and I didn't like it. Ck2 vanilla was good back then though.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

It made it more spergy but just the right amount of sperg for me, ymmv

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I liked CK2 when it was fun.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Make CK2 great again

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I liked CK2 when it was fun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*places another string and notecard on my wall full of interconnected images and notes like HOI,CK2+, groogy, wiz, podcat etc. with color coordination to remember if they're good or bad*

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Groogy's the only bad one imo. I like all the others.

PleasingFungus posted:

warlock 1 and 2 are the same game, and they're both fine. they're sort of 'lite' civ 5s focused on combat, rather than having much in the way of research etc. they're fun to mess around in. i'd recommend either for like $10 or $15.

e: apparently warlock 2 is like $5 right now so yeah, if you haven't played the first one i'd say that's worth it.

I've only got a few hours in Warlock 2 but from what I played I agree with all this.

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jun 9, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

paradox has a sale on their own store so I'm going to buy all the EUIV DLC now that it's 2 dollars a piece.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In 1.18's accompanying expansion, which has yet to be name-dropped, we will grant the 8 most powerful countries in the world a "Great Power" status, granting them bonuses, new diplomatic options and, perhaps most importantly, a glow around your shield to show that you are the superior nation.

Intervene in War– If there is an ongoing war between great powers but an imbalance in the number of GPs involved, you can make it your business to intervene. For example, if GP Britain is singlehandedly fighting GP France and GP Spain, you as a Great Power Commonwealth can intervene on Great Britain's side to balance out the number of great powers involved.

The game start Great Powers are Ming, France, Ottomans, Timurids, Mamluks, England, Lithuania, and Castile.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

In 1.18's accompanying expansion, which has yet to be name-dropped, we will grant the 8 most powerful countries in the world a "Great Power" status, granting them bonuses, new diplomatic options and, perhaps most importantly, a glow around your shield to show that you are the superior nation.

Intervene in War– If there is an ongoing war between great powers but an imbalance in the number of GPs involved, you can make it your business to intervene. For example, if GP Britain is singlehandedly fighting GP France and GP Spain, you as a Great Power Commonwealth can intervene on Great Britain's side to balance out the number of great powers involved.

The game start Great Powers are Ming, France, Ottomans, Timurids, Mamluks, England, Lithuania, and Castile.

I thought this was some kind of sick joke but turns out it isn't. Paradox's B-Team is insanely loving retarded.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the french and the ottos definitely needed a well deserved boost man

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

intervening could be a cool idea but giving more bonuses to the top dogs feels wrong

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can't wait for even more poo poo large countries like the Ottos get to use to ruin fun, small starts along side the AI learning how to use Guarantee Independence on all your neighbors but not you. FTW.

Speaking of which, I want to know which dipshit decided Warn and Guarantee Independence needed to cost a diplo slot for the player, but not the AI. Those fuckers will warn 20+ countries if they have screwy borders.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I knew Wiz was keeping EUIV good but I didn't realize he was the only person who was doing so

This came a lot faster than I thought it would

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Actually, now that I think about it, didn't Wiz add a Great Power system in EU3+ or the Azeri mod

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I thought this was some kind of sick joke but turns out it isn't. Paradox's B-Team is insanely loving retarded.

one day they're going to work on hoi4 and that fills me with an almost cosmic level of sadness.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

How do Austria, Denmark, and Burgundy fail to make the list that includes Lithuania and Mamluks?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

at the date posted:

How do Austria, Denmark, and Burgundy fail to make the list that includes Lithuania and Mamluks?

it counts development total only

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

one day they're going to work on hoi4 and that fills me with an almost cosmic level of sadness.

from now on only great powers can start factions,

or have armies,

or make decisions,

or do anything,

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i know people didn't like GREAT POWERS in vicky 2 but at least politics were global by then

this is the stupidest loving thing

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

fuckin lol

being able to intervene in wars is a really good idea, because the current enforce peace mechanics are completely worthless, but attaching it to a loving great power +1 to everything bonus? and basing it on total development? lmao

e: i can't get over the mamluks being a great power. it took the ottomans less than two years to conquer the entirety of the mamluk state. great power. loving lol. rofl. lmao.

BBJoey fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jun 10, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to throw up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a shame too because that glimpse at the new tech system seemed neat

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

wiz giveth, and groogy taketh away

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

It's a shame too because that glimpse at the new tech system seemed neat

i was hopeful for a while

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

BBJoey posted:

wiz giveth, and groogy taketh away

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

I'm going to throw up

this seems a bit much

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
one of the things they specifically mention as a reason for the change is to compensate for sufficiently large nations not being able to rival anyone. that was a problem that iirc people in this thread complained about, because it was dumb, so it'll be nice to have a fix for that!

i think adding a ton of new diplomatic actions is very dumb, and it's going to clutter up the game with more garbage, but it's not the end of the world.

BBJoey posted:

attaching it to a loving great power +1 to everything bonus?

there's no +1 to everything modifier. the #1 great power gets +25 power projection (+1 max general); other great powers get somewhere between that and +10 pp, plus reduction to prestige decay. it gets you closer to the magic +50 power projection number, but it's not gonna do that by itself.

it's development total / tech cost %, and everyone in europe/asia starts at 100% tech costs now. if their new tech system works at all, the europeans will eventually get a big multiplier for great power purposes.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
honestly the really dumb thing is Break Alliance. what a stupid diplomatic action. if you want someone to break their alliances, fight them and make them...

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i once played a very silly vicky mod which added the amazing casus belli of STEAL ALLIES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
friendship ended with AUSTRIA.
now
PRUSSIA is my
best friend