Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Is this what you guys are talking 'bout?
https://tanks.gg/tank/tiger-ii-t/model?vm=live

Lol at every single gun value except the 200 pen.
Also gl with a 185mm turret front plate, sloped 5° I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

sauer kraut posted:

Is this what you guys are talking 'bout?
https://tanks.gg/tank/tiger-ii-t/model?vm=live

Lol at every single gun value except the 200 pen.
Also gl with a 185mm turret front plate, sloped 5° I guess.

Nope, it's worse than that:

The ~unknown~ values (i.e. gun handling, engine, general mobility) will have to be loving phenomenal to make up for this beyond-poo poo-tier 9.6 second reload on a 240 alpha gun.

Edit:
Also anyone in this for utilising the crews in other tanks are possibly in for sore disappointment; AFAIK the Ankou crew from the last event are still 100% tied to the tank, so you can't throw them into something else or even use the vehicle itself as a trainer. I wouldn't be holding my breath for this to change, or for it to be any different with the Jatkosota and Kuromorimine.

I'm also completely baffled as to why these tanks are all bunched into the German faction.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 01:05 on May 14, 2024

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
I think that is the same supertest tank i linked, with slight variances for the 10% commander bonus.
Spoiler: the aim bloom stats are horrendous

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
"It's anime, our stupid loving whales will buy it anyway." - WG

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Edit:
Also anyone in this for utilising the crews in other tanks are possibly in for sore disappointment; AFAIK the Ankou crew from the last event are still 100% tied to the tank,

I could swear they’re not, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen QB use them as his Leopard crew. But I’m not gonna say for sure, definitely need to make sure before buying anything.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Nothing but -2 with these loving dipshits makes me so happy.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

wrong thread

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 14, 2024

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Nothing but -2 with these loving dipshits makes me so happy.

The past few weeks my win rate went from a solid 60% to whatever the gently caress it is now. I've given up on caring about that and just try to do my best during the games. Feels like the player base is just getting worse somehow. Every game is filled with top tiers that do gently caress all but suicide in.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!
So, I have 12 more battle pass tokens burning a hole in my pocket.

Last time I purchased the Char Futur 4 and I absolutely loved it, it's an amazing tank.

Now I'm looking at the Object 777 II, Kunze Panzer, and AE Phase I. Any suggestions? I'd like a tank that works for someone who basically never fires gold and prefers a tank that isn't *too* focused on One Weird Trick.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
AE is an amazing tank. If you shoot pure gold out of it you easily can rack up 3k+ games.

I am saving my tokens for the next pass. That American TD looks interesting, so I am curious if it will be worth it. Worse comes to worse I just buy equipment and maybe the Kunze.

Edit: A game I had in the AE a year ago, it shows off the strengths pretty well IMO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_FtdCVB0oQ

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 14, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Don't sleep on the Progetto 54.

E:

Mesadoram posted:

AE is an amazing tank. If you shoot pure gold out of it you easily can rack up 3k+ games.

Seconding this. The Object 777 is an extremely limited Soviet heavy, the Kunze Panzer is kinda poo poo. The AE Phase 1 is very good.

E2:

I gave up on trying to unlock the Concept 1B through Onslaught. It's just not worth the aggravation. I got my bond hardening and gave the game mode the middle finger.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:33 on May 14, 2024

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
If there's still a decent bond premium you would like the have, I'd put the tokens toward 1200 bonds for that.
Anyway, avoid the BP heavies if you never want to shoot that juicy 340 HEAT, you already picked the good one.
I sold my AE but mostly because I despise playing (against) heavies and doubly so, hulldown ones.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hey big thanks to the game's loving bullshit "single HP survival" mechanic for stealing my Top Gun by letting the last enemy survive on 1 HP, allowing some random shithead to steal the kill.

E:

regardless, who knew that the Progetto 54 was this insanely good?

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:54 on May 15, 2024

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Progetto 54 is a beast. It's my second favourite Tier 8 heavy after the IS-2-II - which I don't think is a better tank than the Progetto, to be clear, it just aligns slightly more closely with my personal preferences. The Progetto's gun is *amazing* and you have stellar mobility to boot.

What equipment do you run it with? I'm using Vents/VStab/Improved Aiming to try and hone the gun to as fine a point as possible.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ninjaiguana posted:

What equipment do you run it with? I'm using Vents/VStab/Improved Aiming to try and hone the gun to as fine a point as possible.

I've got the same setup on mine. I think I might keep this permanently and get the field mods on it, at which point I'll just do two dedicated builds, but I have no idea what the second build would be.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Don't sleep on the Chi-To SP, that thing is gonna get eviscerated soon.
My best game so far grinding through it was a 1450 base xp win with something dumb like over 6k combined.
1st class :hai:
Only with white rammer and optics, no food, 3rd equip slot was empty I still can't decide between exp. hardening or exp. turbo.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 16, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah it's wild that thing hasn't been nerfed yet. It's honestly better than most T8 TDs despite being a tier lower.

Sayara
May 10, 2009
Bobject wasn't nerfed in years, so hopefully it stays that way for a while.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sayara posted:

Bobject wasn't nerfed in years, so hopefully it stays that way for a while.

Yeah I mean it's hard when you only do like two adjustment passes a year and then only for a couple of vehicles. Small indie developer, can't possibly get more done. Sad.

E:

I am also astonished by how many people are playing the Polish TDs so loving wrong. Roughly 9/10 they are camping at the red line and doing gently caress all. I faced a Błyskawica the other day who actually played like an assault gun and that thing was a menace. So I guess it's good that most people who play them are loving morons who don't understand the very basic concept of the line.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 09:08 on May 16, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So as an update on the Girls und Panzer crews:

- you CAN move them from vehicle to vehicle
- the crews are nation locked, and each member is position locked
- you only get the full voice lines (where every member aside from the commander also speaks) if you have every member of the crew in the tank

This means that the Jatkosota HS BT-42 is crew compatible with the Panzer IIj and the HWK-30 and RU-251, but not for instance the Flipwagen or the rest of the German light tree. And if you only use the commander, you only get the commander's voice lines. (E: also compatible with the M41 90)

And the Panzer IV Ankou is crew compatible with the E50 line, but not the Leopard line.

I assume the Tiger II line is compatible with the E100 line but it's Wargaming so I wouldn't be shocked if it actually wasn't.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 16, 2024

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I am also astonished by how many people are playing the Polish TDs so loving wrong. Roughly 9/10 they are camping at the red line and doing gently caress all. I faced a Błyskawica the other day who actually played like an assault gun and that thing was a menace. So I guess it's good that most people who play them are loving morons who don't understand the very basic concept of the line.
Triangle = bushlining no matter what, don'chya'know?

A second-line PTD is terrifying, a front-line PTD is back in the garage, a redline PTD is freefarm.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

So as an update on the Girls und Panzer crews:
- you CAN move them from vehicle to vehicle
- the crews are nation locked, and each member is position locked
- you only get the full voice lines (where every member aside from the commander also speaks) if you have every member of the crew in the tank
Considering they nation-locked the WK40k crewmembers, that's not surprising. And don't the "witch crew" voicelines from one or two halloweens back work the same way - all members have to be in the same crew for them to do their individual voicelines?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sushibandit posted:

Considering they nation-locked the WK40k crewmembers, that's not surprising. And don't the "witch crew" voicelines from one or two halloweens back work the same way - all members have to be in the same crew for them to do their individual voicelines?

Yeah, it's not new or anything, just clarifying for people who might be looking to buy these.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

THIS WAS SOMEHOW A REAL PERSON

Sniping in base on a Object 752 on El Hallouf, as a +2 top tier. Did ~600 damage.

E: oh btw, for the free commander mission you have to -- among other things -- destroy 165 enemies in 14 days.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:33 on May 16, 2024

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

E: oh btw, for the free commander mission you have to -- among other things -- destroy 165 enemies in 14 days.

:chloe:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Load gold in an OP tier 2 and go hog wild against the bots.

Also, the Token Vehicle Challenge has the worst rewards I have ever seen:

Top 15 players: 3x Personal Reserves: +50% to Combat XP for 1 h (expires seven days after being credited)

How do you win this amazing reward, you ask? Pretty easy, all you need to do is be one of the top 15 players on the server with the highest average base XP over 10 battles in one of the token tanks.

:wtc: Back in the day I won a Type 59 in one of these challenges, but now you get 3 personal reserves that disappear in a week if you don't use them.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh don't worry. If that doesn't sound good, you can pick one of the other two commanders, in which case you'll need to repeat three times one of these missions:

- Do 55 000 damage (165K in total)
- Block 55 000 damage (165K in total)

I have no idea what the gently caress these people are smoking.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

McGavin posted:

Top 15 players: 3x Personal Reserves: +50% to Combat XP for 1 h (expires seven days after being credited)
Almost nobody would have complained about starting to introduce expiring reserves if they were 2-3x as good as the current/non-expiring ones. 100-150% combat XP? Neat! 100-150% credits earned? Hell yeah! Etc. But WG just had to do the usual WG thing and be as blatantly miserly and fomo as possible.

Hell, they could have even gained massive brownie points with their playerbase by "expiring" reserves "applies to the next # games after earned" (similar to how the 5x bonuses work, but not optional) instead of the existing annoying time-based system.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I just want to reiterate that you get 3 expiring reserves for being one of the top 15 players on the server.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
It's like they heard us saying that rewards shouldn't be tied to insane grinds and said "got you, loud and clear" then just deleted the rewards while leaving the grinds.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I think it's safe to say that the Progetto 54 is clicking with me.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I think it's safe to say that the Progetto 54 is clicking with me.

:unsmith: That is awesome!

Edit: Watching Skill play with the anime tanks is very :allears:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 16, 2024

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I'd missed the GUP event/collab the first time around; the mod with chat bubbles on crew comments and the tank styles themselves are a lot of fun. Particularly the "light" derp. Threw a turbo on there for maximum fun. Shame none of them can have field mods.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
When the Kilana works, it works. I still despise the gun on this tank, but when the ideal is to be up close to the enemies it is not too bad.

Replay: https://wot-record.com/replay/255474/kilana_ace_steel_wall_high_caliber_66k_dmg

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koOvyA1HzWE

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

That's pretty much the only spot that a Polish TD is useful in any map in the game.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

That's pretty much the only spot that a Polish TD is useful in any map in the game.

If it had just a loving hair more gun arc it would be a significantly better tank. That pencil wide arc does not make it easy or fun to play.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
300 armor TDs without any weakspot camping their little hillcrest and not moving, ever is not fun to play against neither.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:how:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The only thing I can see is that combined with Deadeye you might be able to reliably ammo-rack a lot of tanks by just dumping into the weakspots with slightly-rigged crit rolls.

Also, most people are running food at higher tiers, not auto-extinguishers. So now you're going to have a lot of tanks spending 20k each battle on the firefighting skill consumable.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 05:15 on May 17, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I missed buying the captured Tiger II back in the day because I was on a break from the game, but I really liked it when it was the permanent Amazon Prime loan tank. And I guess the GuP Tiger II is basically the same tank, in which case it might actually be a decent pickup.

Or maybe I'm just trying to talk myself into buying the anime crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I missed buying the captured Tiger II back in the day because I was on a break from the game, but I really liked it when it was the permanent Amazon Prime loan tank. And I guess the GuP Tiger II is basically the same tank, in which case it might actually be a decent pickup.

Or maybe I'm just trying to talk myself into buying the anime crew.

Captured King Tiger: 240 alpha, 8.15 second reload.
Tiger II Anime: 240 alpha, 9.6 second reload.

Must be those short cartoon arms.

ninjaiguana fucked around with this message at 07:37 on May 17, 2024