Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

this has always been my greatest fear

if i were a character in the Stephen King novel, It, it would manifest itself as a hacked dildo camera to me

that scene in maximum overdrive where the soda machine kills a guy with coke torpedos but its dildos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

this has always been my greatest fear

if i were a character in the Stephen King novel, It, it would manifest itself as a hacked dildo camera to me

Why do you use dildo cameras?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grondoth posted:

California's primary system is the cause of Feinstein, another wonderful Californian idea that has only worked out for good

Feinstein's been in office since '92, California abandoned closed primaries in '96.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

logikv9 posted:

have any of you considered posting something new

but I'm still mad about THIS thing :saddowns:

At any rate, the current round of primary salt was caused by someone who is apparently taken seriously having just now written the saltiest Guardian article ever. The Dem party civil war is still very much an undecided issue.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

MizPiz posted:

Why don't you?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

MizPiz posted:

ive never used a dildo because of the fear that it may contain a camera which might be hacked without my knowedlge!!!!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
the democratic party civil war is the saddest god drat thing ever

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Feinstein's been in office since '92, California abandoned closed primaries in '96.

I actually didn't know she was that old-school; that explains a lot

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/QifaNabki/status/848902057440542721

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
feinstein just had a pacemaker installed and she's 83 years old, so likely 2018 will be her last re-election before she retires/dies. considering the tens of millions it would take to beat her, it seems like a rather large waste of effort/time/money when she'll just go away in a few years anyway and almost certainly will not be the decisive vote against anything important

Concerned Citizen has issued a correction as of 17:47 on Apr 3, 2017

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

tulsi. gabbard.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Concerned Citizen posted:

tulsi. gabbard.

im the comments on this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhlvhHzpBj0

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

I knew this guy was a trickle-down POS back when he was running for mayor. Wish we'd kept McGinn.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm gonna crowdsource my colonoscopy.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm gonna crowdsource my colonoscopy.

Just buy one of those camera dildos, I'm sure it's much cheaper.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

loquacius posted:

I actually didn't know she was that old-school; that explains a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NikqzmwbgU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Bernie said she was good right

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

feinstein just had a pacemaker installed and she's 83 years old, so likely 2018 will be her last re-election before she retires/dies. considering the tens of millions it would take to beat her, it seems like a rather large waste of effort/time/money when she'll just go away in a few years anyway and almost certainly will not be the decisive vote against anything important

In the meantime y'all dark skinned people just gonna have to accept that the war on drugs is gonna keep on grinding you into dust thanks to old white sheltered liberals

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tulsi "The Grand Disappointment" Gabbard

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

In the meantime y'all dark skinned people just gonna have to accept that the war on drugs is gonna keep on grinding you into dust thanks to old white sheltered liberals

pretty sure the war on drugs isn't gonna come down to feinstein anytime soon

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I feel like, even if she said a dumb thing about cocaine, the war on drugs might be slightly bigger than one out-of-touch California Senator.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

loquacius posted:

Tulsi "The Grand Disappointment" Gabbard

I'm actually more (and by more I mean less) impressed by what passes for U.S. diplomacy these days.

HE SAID YES? HE SAID YES! OH poo poo NOW WHAT!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/848947671490580480

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

docbeard posted:

I'm actually more (and by more I mean less) impressed by what passes for U.S. diplomacy these days.

HE SAID YES? HE SAID YES! OH poo poo NOW WHAT!

we had those great few years once that warmonger clinton quit the executive branch and secretary kerry made real, substantive progress towards salving long-festering foreign policy enmities

too bad she insisted on running for president

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
nuclear the options

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Why don't you?

🤔

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

That Michelle Alexander article on why black people don't owe Clinton poo poo continuing its streak of completing halting a disingenuous conversation over in D&D is a beautiful thing.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
there are cameras in all of my body orifices to enforce that i am in fact a sovereign citizen

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

pretty sure the war on drugs isn't gonna come down to feinstein anytime soon

Better to have someone who knows it's total BS rather than BAU dontcha think

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

docbeard posted:

I feel like, even if she said a dumb thing about cocaine, the war on drugs might be slightly bigger than one out-of-touch California Senator.

She's actually wasting time and lives in her position rather than helping anyone.

Little old out of touch liberal lawmakers need not apply

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Better to have someone who knows it's total BS rather than BAU dontcha think

yes. however, it's more an issue of resources. ca is the most expensive state in the country to run a campaign, would be facing an incumbent that has been there for decades, with a top 2 format that would require a progressive challenger to 1. somehow reach top two and 2. win enough republican votes to prevail over feinstein in the second round. and for all that effort, if you even succeed against all odds, you save yourself a maximum of 6 years of feinstein - and likely even less, since she will probably die in office and get replaced a few years later.

i guess if you had a self-funding billionaire like tom steyer running it might be worth it, otherwise just seems like you're throwing a lot of money into a money pit that could be used more wisely elsewhere

Concerned Citizen has issued a correction as of 18:47 on Apr 3, 2017

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

yes. however, it's more an issue of resources. ca is the most expensive state in the country to run a campaign, would be facing an incumbent that has been there for decades, with a top 2 format that would require a progressive challenger to 1. somehow reach top two and 2. win enough republican votes to prevail over feinstein in the second round. and for all that effort, if you even succeed against all odds, you save yourself a maximum of 6 years of feinstein - and likely even less, since she will probably die in office and get replaced a few years later.

i guess if you had a self-funding billionaire like tom steyer running it might be worth it, otherwise just seems like you're throwing a lot of money into a money pit that could be used more wisely elsewhere

You seem to have no issue throwing money everywhere else, we should throw it to get idiots like Feinstein as far away as possible from politics

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

You seem to have no issue throwing money everywhere else, we should throw it to get idiots like Feinstein as far away as possible from politics

for the money you'd spend almost certainly failing to unseat feinstein you could flip a dozen safe blue house seats to progressives

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/senate-democrats-now-have-the-votes-to-filibuster-gorsuch-and-provoke-gop-nuclear-option

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-uMYLTuhRk

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

for the money you'd spend almost certainly failing to unseat feinstein you could flip a dozen safe blue house seats to progressives

Let's do neither and pay millions to fund online pro-Hillary trolls

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

That Michelle Alexander article on why black people don't owe Clinton poo poo continuing its streak of completing halting a disingenuous conversation over in D&D is a beautiful thing.

please elaborate, i cant stand to read dnd these days

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Let's do neither and pay millions to fund online pro-Hillary trolls

ok

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

*impassioned speech about how money should not buy representation*

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

mormonpartyboat posted:

*impassioned speech about how money should not buy representation*

yeah well no one knows who your candidate is if they can't run ads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo