Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

make sure to watch the part of the trailer where the clanner says they're going to defeat fascism solid gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

the gameplay of mechwarrior 5 was solid, i'd love to see that iterated on and wrapped around a different strategy layer

oh for sure I'm getting it just lol at the premise

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Buck Wildman posted:

make sure to watch the part of the trailer where the clanner says they're going to defeat fascism solid gold

The correct response by his soldiers would probably be "Is that some form of political system?" with a "qui aff/neg?" thrown in there if I remember my weird battletech clanner language right.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

also the main villains are house kurita it sounds like

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I guess the smoke jaguar guy is technically right

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hi Fi RUSH is insanely good and it is darkly hilarious that shortly after Microsoft obliterated Tango they said they need more small scale but high profile releases that win awards.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Buck Wildman posted:

more games should have taster demos imo

Bring back shareware!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Buck Wildman posted:

also the main villains are house kurita it sounds like

You know for the longest time I wondered what would have happened if the clans actually managed to take over Luthien, would it have made a difference in the long run since the clanners were supposed to have terrible logistics anyway? But then Kurita managed to take over Davion's capitol in the new lore and apparently that kinda doesn't matter much since they lost it again in like five years.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

nobody makes a game about the word of blake jihad give me the galactic civil war over who gets to run the internet

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

The return of shareware would be epic.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Buck Wildman posted:

nobody makes a game about the word of blake jihad give me the galactic civil war over who gets to run the internet

I was going to say the Word of Blake might be the other most hated faction except they somehow had some other factions and mercs rooting for them for a bit even as they literally nuked entire planets.

But there actually was a game about them as the antagonists at some point, but you'd be forgiven for not remembering it because it was kinda out there.

Edit: Hah, the achievement called Privatized Healthcare in Galacticare reads as follows:

"Space has, in fact, been corrupted by capitalism."

evilmiera has issued a correction as of 20:30 on Jun 16, 2024

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I saw a piece of art of them in the new edition of battletech and they're just tech priests now lol

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

Hi Fi RUSH is insanely good and it is darkly hilarious that shortly after Microsoft obliterated Tango they said they need more small scale but high profile releases that win awards.

they shuttered tango because japan doesn't allow mass layoffs to jump stock prices

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Bro Dad posted:

they shuttered tango because japan doesn't allow mass layoffs to jump stock prices

They had to offset their losses from buying ActiBlizz (and immediately torpedoing all the potential income from this purchase by making codblops a day-one gamepass release lmao); they intentionally ratfucked Tango by releasing hifi rush with ZERO advertising because they thought it was going to bomb, then, oops! Hifi becomes a sleeper hit, wins a bunch of awards, and the studio is closed anyway

Number go up, the c suites all get their quarterly bonuses, and the world gets a little worse overall.

:capitalism:

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

yes they wanted tango to fail so they had an excuse to close it, because that's something giant corporations need to fire people lmfao

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
They obviously didn't care if it succeeded because they were already going to close it. That's the whole point

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Al! posted:

little sluthing found that they already have a sequel in the works for this year and a demo out holy moly!!!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2716400/The_Rise_of_the_Golden_Idol/

yessssss

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

drat horror queefs posted:

They obviously didn't care if it succeeded because they were already going to close it. That's the whole point

yah that's why it dropped as a "surprise" it meant spending 0 money on advertising lol

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

No Mechwarrior 5: Inner Sphere?!

Devs are bias. I say kill clanner scum. Idk anything about new bt lore but clanners are dorks rather be a inner sphere techno-knight rollin deep in my JagerMech

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

yah that's why it dropped as a "surprise" it meant spending 0 money on advertising lol

Avowed is next imo, I hope the obsidian devs have a soft landing wherever they end up next

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Popy posted:

No Mechwarrior 5: Inner Sphere?!

Devs are bias. I say kill clanner scum. Idk anything about new bt lore but clanners are dorks rather be a inner sphere techno-knight rollin deep in my JagerMech

they're like klingons but dumber

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Son of Sorrow posted:

The return of shareware would be epic.

I remembering checking out all these free black and white video games on these CDs on my family's Macintosh growing up.

If the screen turned black as the game started up, you knew you in for some kickass graphics (since most games just opened in little windows and were monochrome).

I miss that computer. Mom still used it for her teaching materials until sometime after I graduated college (so I think at least until like 2010).

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://x.com/Okami13_/status/1802418988120457658?t=g_BA2wRhJE_jlySd7QFu6g&s=19

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

gently caress it I’m down

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

turn off the TV posted:

no it isn't. you'll know when you get to it though

Zokari posted:

might be a while though

Having gone through the Womb and what came immediately after, this is deeply troubling news.

Kingmaker continues to be really good though. The kingdom management and adventuring both feeding into each other works very well and makes both systems feel meaningful.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

1stGear posted:

Having gone through the Womb and what came immediately after, this is deeply troubling news.

Kingmaker continues to be really good though. The kingdom management and adventuring both feeding into each other works very well and makes both systems feel meaningful.

if you haven't already then check out wotr when you're done. the actual crpg aspect of the game is signficantly improved and its bullshit singularity is much more localized to one optional area

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

kingmaker is good but wotr is a huge improvement to be sure. I hope owlcat puts out another

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

kingmaker is good but wotr is a huge improvement to be sure. I hope owlcat puts out another

paizos doing abomination vaults next

it's a low level campaign based around a giant super dungeon that will make it easy to turn into a roguelike

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Shear Modulus posted:

the jokerless challenge in balatro is bullshit

it's pretty much just laser-focus on getting enough planet cards for your preferred 5-card hand (or 4 of a kind) and hoping you don't get bad luck.

totally pointless to do but whatever I'll keep playing that garbage

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

turn off the TV posted:

if you haven't already then check out wotr when you're done. the actual crpg aspect of the game is signficantly improved and its bullshit singularity is much more localized to one optional area

Buck Wildman posted:

WotR is the library, but I wanted to knock out Kingmaker first because everything I read was that playing WotR first would make going back really hard.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

1stGear posted:

WotR is the library, but I wanted to knock out Kingmaker first because everything I read was that playing WotR first would make going back really hard.

idk about that they're basically very different campaigns using the same system. wotr just has a lot more polish thanks to the lessons learned

I've done every mythic path except legend and going forward I'll probably do replays with all the dlc that's released since. great game, got about 1100 hours on it

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Yeah I got Kingmaker free off of epic a while back so I am trying that out finally. Got bad decision paralysis every time I level up though.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

sullat posted:

Yeah I got Kingmaker free off of epic a while back so I am trying that out finally. Got bad decision paralysis every time I level up though.

definitely follow some build guides your first time through imo. for wotr I highly recommend this guy who has some rock solid builds and advice and really knows the system:

https://m.youtube.com/@cRPGBro

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
I dropped kingmaker after maybe 20 hours and have no regrets, but I beat WOTR and immediately rolled a new character to play it again after the credits ended

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Going to plug this random guy from the GoG forums again for Kingmaker. He has a good spread of builds for races and playstyles. Also has builds for most, but not all, of the companions. Best of all, they're all in text form so you don't have to watch a twenty-minute video.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

drat horror queefs posted:

I dropped kingmaker after maybe 20 hours and have no regrets, but I beat WOTR and immediately rolled a new character to play it again after the credits ended

Really want to play as a king, though. Maybe I'll try majesty again.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

1stGear posted:

Going to plug this random guy from the GoG forums again for Kingmaker. He has a good spread of builds for races and playstyles. Also has builds for most, but not all, of the companions. Best of all, they're all in text form so you don't have to watch a twenty-minute video.

even though it's a video the guy I linked talks through each step of his builds, explaining why he picked everything in a very accessible manner. I think he's great for helping new people come to grips with the system

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The tyranny of Skyrim remasters is finally ended.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

are there any good games like balatro besides balatro

im at the point where playing more balatro would be embarassing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

It is very funny that their procgen super game's first DLC features a completely handcrafted space. But also that's ftw. Anyway I reinstalled Starfailed and it's still a perfectly fine slop delivery system