Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the image in the second post?
A man's face
Butterfly
A koi
A dog
A small boat floating in a lake
Funyarinpa
View Results

• Locked thread
Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

voltcatfish posted:

wow america finally gets the best box art for once

Wrong. The Japanese box art owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Danaru posted:

I maintain Akane Kurashiki did nothing wrong :colbert:

She is boss bitch doing what needs to be done. If she had Sigma's power then she could handle this poo poo herself.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I kinda forget, what DOES Sigma do that she can't? From what we saw by the end of VLR, she has near god-like abilities as far as jumping goes.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Momomo posted:

I kinda forget, what DOES Sigma do that she can't? From what we saw by the end of VLR, she has near god-like abilities as far as jumping goes.

IIRC Akane can only see other timelines, she can't jump or interact with them until she physically reaches that moment in time.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
I think the models look cool & good :shrug:

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Momomo posted:

Own a car. It's tough when you're forced to become a full-time psychic time-tripper at age 9.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Danaru posted:

IIRC Akane can only see other timelines, she can't jump or interact with them until she physically reaches that moment in time.

Isn't that the same as Sigma? He jumps to the future because his future self forced him to. Akane seems to be able to jump to whatever timeline she wants at will, without slingshotting like Sigma.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Momomo posted:

Isn't that the same as Sigma? He jumps to the future because his future self forced him to. Akane seems to be able to jump to whatever timeline she wants at will, without slingshotting like Sigma.

I think the deal is she can Foresee The Myriad Timelines... but can only use that information to inform her choices in her "present". She can't actually jump her consciousness around time like Sigma/Phi/Blick Winkel Boogaloo. So, she knows how to behave in such and such timeline or another because she saw it way beforehand... but she has to "wait" to get to that point like everyone else. That's why her shtick is manipulating the gently caress out of everyone else: there's not physically much she herself can do.

Edit: If you've read God Emperor of Dune, she's basically doing what Emperor Leto II is with his whole "Golden Path" bullshit, just with significantly less forced eugenics and spice making GBS threads. Plenty of cloning, though.

Kerning Chameleon fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 21, 2016

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
Yeah, I guess it's still too early to tell about the game's overall dubbing quality based on some trailer. The 3D models of the characters actually look very nice, it's just the way that they animated it gives them a very muddy, anti-sporadic look. That was a trend that I saw during the first trailer as well, and I felt insecure about it. But, to be fair, if the total length of the story portions match those of the first two games, then it's understandable how they chose to give it a tweened-look so that they could generously meet their deadlines. In this case, they probably went ahead and tried their best to make the actual 3d model look nice to compensate for the poor quality of the animation, which might help a bit for promotional screenshots... but when you see it in action, it feels more stale than it should be.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Let's just be grateful that we are getting the game at all.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am grateful we are getting it and I do think it will be good, but I still think it doesn't look or sound aesthetically pleasing from the trailers they've given us.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Aesthetically I think it's fine. As far as VA goes I'm just hoping that these are awkward line grabs for a trailer and that Junpei will somehow sound good in the final game. :shobon:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Or just accept that the English voices will be bad and use the Japanese voice track. That's my plan.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

cloofish posted:

Aesthetically I think it's fine. As far as VA goes I'm just hoping that these are awkward line grabs for a trailer and that Junpei will somehow sound good in the final game. :shobon:

I, for one, like hipster Junpei. Too cool and mature to play the "action hero".

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

CottonWolf posted:

Or just accept that the English voices will be bad and use the Japanese voice track. That's my plan.

The English voices could be awful and I would still take them over a Japanese cast. It just doesn't seem right for this series.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I just noticed Phi's eyebrows are orange

Uchikoshi you're just loving with me with making the plot twist that obvious, right?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm gonna listen to the Japanese voices anyway so who cares

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I'm gonna listen to the English voices so I hope they sound better in the actual game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm gonna listen to the Japanese voices anyway so who cares

I don't care how you plan to play the game, OLD MAN

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I have young arms though

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

I have young arms though

Are you on steroids or something?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

I have young arms though

All the better to hold yourself as you slowly wither to dust

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

voltcatfish posted:

I just noticed Phi's eyebrows are orange

Uchikoshi you're just loving with me with making the plot twist that obvious, right?

holy poo poo

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

did I... miss something with orange eyebrows?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Butt Ghost posted:

Something involving Diana?

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Butt Ghost posted:

Turns out Phi is Diana's sister. Or her mother. Or daughter. OR MAYBE SHE'S ALL THREE AT ONCE :tinfoil:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Seeing as the main plot twist of the last game revolved entirely around the main character never looking at a single reflective surface over the course of 2 days in structure made almost entirely out of metal, I'd say even trying to begin to guess what plot twists might be in this one is a fools errand. You can't guess things that are that stupid, you'll hurt yourself.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Well, it's not like they exactly had a good time to have a break in the game between constantly going from voting -> room investigations -> mystery plot -> voting, and outside of the infirmary there's never any clear mirrors or reflective surfaces to look at I think.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ventana posted:

Well, it's not like they exactly had a good time to have a break in the game between constantly going from voting -> room investigations -> mystery plot -> voting, and outside of the infirmary there's never any clear mirrors or reflective surfaces to look at I think.

There's a lake, he actually looks into it after the reveal IIRC.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
I'm looking forward to seeing how they recreate the 'Junpei looking at the watches'/'Sigma looking at his robot arms' pose, and I'm hoping that it'll be even more hilarious. Maybe Sigma will awaken after losing his arms only to find that they've been temporarily replaced with mops in an emergency surgery.

Also, all these people thinking the dog is Zero are only making me more and more hopeful that the dog is in fact working for Zero, and is altering the messages it's passing between the teams.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
They'll probably have Carlos in that pose if anyone.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Ventana posted:

Well, it's not like they exactly had a good time to have a break in the game

They have multiple breaks that are literally hours long that they spend doing almost nothing multiple times during the course of that game.

And that's not even getting to the fact that he has a goddamn robot eye that is raised like half an inch off his face that he never once notices or touches or anyone comments on.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Paul Zuvella posted:

They have multiple breaks that are literally hours long that they spend doing almost nothing multiple times during the course of that game.

And that's not even getting to the fact that he has a goddamn robot eye that is raised like half an inch off his face that he never once notices or touches or anyone comments on.

One of the other participants is a mechsuit, captain eyeclops probably looks normal to them comparatively

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

You can kindof dodge those problems by saying that since Sigma set up the nonary game he'd have devised some way for young Sigma not to realize. Or perhaps due to the fact that he already knew what happened he just knew it wouldn't be a problem.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

ImpAtom posted:

There's a lake, he actually looks into it after the reveal IIRC.

Yeah but you look at that water for the puzzles, and it's never reflective cause you had to see the stuff in the water. I assume that was just a cutscene magic happening there so they could do a cool reveal or etc there.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Not...really? Like by breaks, it's usually just "Hey guys we have 2 hours go and spread out and look for something", and usually those times Sigma's got some nagging question or mystery he's trailing so he goes about some way to investigate it. It's what I meant with "mystery plot". Not very often did they just get pure chill out parts where no one did anything; even the part where K went to sleep that actually wasn't the case.

It's not 100% rush all the time to go from place to place, like some of the ending sequences, but there was almost always something being done for most of the paths in those slow sections, pretty sure.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Butt Ghost posted:

It's kinda weird Phi professes her love for both Sigma and Diana, her being their daughter is so obvious that it will be true simply because we don't expect it to be true because it would be too obvious for uchikoshi

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

voltcatfish posted:

It's kinda weird Phi professes her love for both Sigma and Diana, her being their daughter is so obvious that it will be true simply because we don't expect it to be true because it would be too obvious for uchikoshi
I mean maybe they're just loving.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Junpei Hyde posted:

I mean maybe they're just loving.

this makes sense, clearly she just borrowed Diana's eyebrow pencil

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

I would love to see the timeline shenanigans involved for that considering Phi is already in her 20s at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

All right, so I'm trying to remember the state of things here. The Phi in this game is Phi from the end of VLR in her past self's body, Sigma is old Sigma in young SIgma's body, and Akane is (probably) the Akane from this time period?

• Locked thread