Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Why? What can possibly be wrong with my voting Lords? I've mentioned them before plenty of times. This isn't some out of the blue thing.

If you did mention him, i must have missed it

Just really seemed like you were chugging along building up steam to go after stickup and then suddenly changed tack for a lurker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

100yrs is simply too adorable to BRUTALLY MURDER IMO.

The only way i could speak to this is if i were to be given some tasteful nudes

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

TMMadman posted:

I don't think anyone else has really stood out for me just yet.

What're your opinions of me, 100, and Moritz?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

If you did mention him, i must have missed it

Just really seemed like you were chugging along building up steam to go after stickup and then suddenly changed tack for a lurker

where are you getting this from?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tired Moritz posted:

it's a joke of my tendency to think you're scum in every game!! not this one though (for now).

Oh wait I didn't realize that the stickup vote was explained as a joke but the rest of what I said (that I feel his "let's go after lurkers!" > vote on merk was scummy) still applies.

Why didn't you think stickup was scum when you said the above?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

this is a stickup posted:

where are you getting this from?

Yeah, i see where youre going here and upon a closer re read it does look like he was just defending himself and not coming after you

I am guilty of skimming the :words:

:eng99:

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
I've been reading a bit today but my company just underwent a significant downsizing including some very surprising senior roles so it's a messed up day and I'm not going to be around tonight for which I deeply apologize. That being said, birdie continues to be on point.

##unvote
##vote Lord of Hats

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Moatillata posted:

Yeah, i see where youre going here and upon a closer re read it does look like he was just defending himself and not coming after you

I am guilty of skimming the :words:

:eng99:

Oh my gosh. Yes I do like to hear myself speak but these words aren't just to stroke my own ego.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm going to bed in less than 30 minutes. Now's the time if anyone has a pressing question for me or not.

I'd rather not be killed today, but if you guys want to do it go for it. I know PinterestMom won't admit to eating crow, but it'll be nice to know they're wrong about my alignment despite being ever so certain.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm going to bed in less than 30 minutes. Now's the time if anyone has a pressing question for me or not.

I'd rather not be killed today, but if you guys want to do it go for it. I know PinterestMom won't admit to eating crow, but it'll be nice to know they're wrong about my alignment despite being ever so certain.

lmao this is so bad "yeah, yeah just wait till I flip MOM" *blasts earphones playing linkin park, goes deaf*

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

If I could do I kickflip I would. Right in their face.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
a kickflip?

flashy, sure, but I'm not sure what you'd be accomplishing by doing it into their face. except for falling on yours shortly after :v:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

yeah, definitely, if you flip town, i won't admit to eating crow and will go on pretending you were scum all along rather than acknowledging the error

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

yeah, definitely, if you flip town, i won't admit to eating crow and will go on pretending you were scum all along rather than acknowledging the error

I meant in future games you won't be so quick to think the worst if someone says something about you claiming vanilla town.

Either way I'm going to bed. If you're voting me I hope you have good reasons. I hate being voted off while sleeping just because there's no other momentum going anywhere else. So at least convince others it's a worthwhile endeavor if you think it so.

I won't claim, I remain optimistic that I'll be around tomorrow. But I will say I breadcrumbed my role twice in very obvious spots and if you're trying even slightly, you should probably figure out what it is, if that makes any difference.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
Aaaand in just a few posts 100 jumps back on top of my scumbo list. Don't play chicken with the vote like that, the thread won't flinch.

##unvote

##vote 100YrsofAttitude

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I mean seriously what is this

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I am going to clean my living room but I will 100% be here for deadline

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I meant in future games you won't be so quick to think the worst if someone says something about you claiming vanilla town.

Either way I'm going to bed. If you're voting me I hope you have good reasons. I hate being voted off while sleeping just because there's no other momentum going anywhere else. So at least convince others it's a worthwhile endeavor if you think it so.

I won't claim, I remain optimistic that I'll be around tomorrow. But I will say I breadcrumbed my role twice in very obvious spots and if you're trying even slightly, you should probably figure out what it is, if that makes any difference.

there's no pro-town reason to play your claim that way, being coy won't do you any good.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

there's no pro-town reason to play your claim that way, being coy won't do you any good.

he's seriously having a staring contest with the thread

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why in the world are people seriously considering voting out the top poster?

Especially since the whole spat between Pmom/100 years was the thing that jumped the game out of jokephase and did it early? That almost always ends up as a town/town slap fight and that's how this is reading to me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

What're your opinions of me, 100, and Moritz?

I already said I think you're town.

And I just said I think 100 years is also probably town because the fight there feels more like a town slap fight and I've been in plenty of those.

I have no thoughts on Tired right now, I'll go look at his posts.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

TMMadman posted:

Why in the world are people seriously considering voting out the top poster?

Especially since the whole spat between Pmom/100 years was the thing that jumped the game out of jokephase and did it early? That almost always ends up as a town/town slap fight and that's how this is reading to me.

while I support the idea of just getting rid of someone useless, the top poster is not always town, and posters that call something a town/town slap fight are usually not town

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

this is a stickup posted:

while I support the idea of just getting rid of someone useless, the top poster is not always town, and posters that call something a town/town slap fight are usually not town

Well I know that the top poster isn't always town, but I've been in plenty of these same situations as town. In fact, it felt like a hallmark of my earliest games. I've got no real interest in voting 100 years and I don't think he's scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

I have no thoughts on Tired right now, I'll go look at his posts.

Looking over his posts, I would probably vote Tired, but I'm only getting a slight scum feeling from him. Although I think Tireds Max vote is causing some conflicting feelings. His first few posts were fairly breezy and he seemed to discourage setup spec posting, but then he kind of starts pushing for a lurker lynch. Now I can understand wanting to get rid of the lurker early as I have the same feelings, but I've also used it as justification when I've been scum as well just to make some posts.

So he's feeling slightly scummy, but not enough for me to really push for his vote. If it got there, then I'd vote for him, but I still think Max is the better choice.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hello I am summoned.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMM, I think if you look deep into your heart, you will see that I am, in fact, not scum.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I'm heading to work, and I probably won't be able to check in before deadline, but I will try to.

I'm really torn between the two vote leaders. Up until 100yrs decided to play chicken with the thread, I would have voted hats. My opinion is much more divided now. But I think I'll stick to my guns. 100yrs has been shaky, but he's actually played the game. Lord of Hats has dropped some scummy posts and disappeared.

##unvote
##vote Lord of Hats

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mithross posted:

I'm heading to work, and I probably won't be able to check in before deadline, but I will try to.

I'm really torn between the two vote leaders. Up until 100yrs decided to play chicken with the thread, I would have voted hats. My opinion is much more divided now. But I think I'll stick to my guns. 100yrs has been shaky, but he's actually played the game. Lord of Hats has dropped some scummy posts and disappeared.

##unvote
##vote Lord of Hats

I feel like you forgot what you posted earlier.

Mithross posted:

I think 100yrs is making good points on somber, and at first I thought he was pushing too hard on little things, but after seeing somber's reaction, I've changed my mind. Calling 100yrs case a "ham fisted smear job" sounds like something a surprised scum would say. Somber is a good vote today.

That's a pretty huge shift in attitude.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I'm definitely not feeling 100 years today. There isn't enough active support to push another candidate for it to be likely that he's scum. And he's certainly not shutting up which is what teammates would tell him to do.

Given the end of the day and in lieu of a better target (Keane)

##unvote
##vote Hats

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah I feel Hats.

##vote Hats

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

not going to look a gift lurker dunk in the mouth i guess

##unvote
##vote the lord of hats

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

On one hand, I agree with the principle of going anti-lurker on D1. On the other, I feel like Hats sounds very similar to (this game) where Hats was town and was low-content / tentative / apologetic for not casing on D1.

If we're going to go after someone who hasn't really put out content (other than a joke vote for stickup and a super-convenient vote on Merk/Tobbs before he had any posts) I would strongly prefer Moritz to Hats.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

I just want to point out that tpink, after responding to my case and getting some heat, has entirely disappeared from the thread. tpink has made no effort to scumhunt (the town move), but is instead hiding and hoping people forget about them (scum move). The motivation here is clearly survival, not finding and eliminating scum.

I feel pretty strongly about this as a D1 case. I'm keeping my vote on tpink.

I'm also fine with executing Lord of Hats. 1) Because lurking, and 2) because each post seems a lot more about defense and excuses rather than finding scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
lord of hats lurks regardless of alignment. this strikes me as a loser case.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Somberbrero posted:

lord of hats lurks regardless of alignment. this strikes me as a loser case.

That being said, never no lynch imo. Ill be around for deadline

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm a doc *smoking emoji*

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tired Moritz posted:

Why'd you post this?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tired Moritz posted:

Also what's your flavor?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Saying the truth win games.

Right now, I don't have any town/scum reads so I'm very pro murder lurkers. Of course, I'm willing to jump on the lynch leader because I'm not an asshat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Moatillata posted:

That being said, never no lynch imo. Ill be around for deadline

fine, fine.

##unvote
##vote lord of hats

• Locked thread