Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kasumeat posted:

Well, in a pure vanilla setup, 11 town vs. 2 scum is balanced.

We had, just from the flips we've seen so far, 3 very anti-town PRs/roles (mine, Xad's, Jam's) which were all anti-town enough to be worth at least -1 townie each in the overall balance (my role kills 2 townies like 70% of the time, Jam's get him mislynched 100% of the time, Xad's too). Plus whatever the other things were. And the hated mechanic is EXTREMELY anti-town. Town get absolutely no benefit from players being hated unless they're triple-hated and don't waste a lynch, whereas it's extremely easy for scum to steal the game once a player is hated, and it does absolutely nothing to actually discourage lurking: All 3 scum lurked hard and there was absolutely no consequences.

With 3 scum in this setup, you probably needed like, 10 more VTs at absolute minimum to balance it.

I didn't lurk that hard. don't be salty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

alternatively, get good at mafia

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
This game is hilarious to go back and read knowing everyone's PR's :lol:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
at least i was right about fisk being rhyme lyncher

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Idk I had fun

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I have fun reading your posts, friend

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Ahahah, CPig had to lie in every post and-wait...

CapitalistPig posted:

Xad posted:

some dumb poo poo
ur bad at this game.

oh why thank you

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think the game was terribly imbalanced from a pure numbers perspective, but town needed something to overcome the fact that we couldn't communicate effectively which is the town's single avenue of scumhunting

I loved my PR though!! I had a ton of fun with that. I only wish that one PR free post had been given in d2 because I knew maybe half way through it that cpig was almost certainly scum since I had a scum result on he and derp and scum derp would not have given me those posts I could quote to help me out

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

kumba posted:

I don't think the game was terribly imbalanced from a pure numbers perspective, but town needed something to overcome the fact that we couldn't communicate effectively which is the town's single avenue of scumhunting

I loved my PR though!! I had a ton of fun with that. I only wish that one PR free post had been given in d2 because I knew maybe half way through it that cpig was almost certainly scum since I had a scum result on he and derp and scum derp would not have given me those posts I could quote to help me out

I agree, this setup with the free post mechanic from day 1 would improve it a lot.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
OH also! Thank's for the game Pmush. :)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

kumba posted:

if this happened to me, I would be legit upset.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
yes thanks for the game! i had fun even though i did terribly

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
scumteam why'd you kill me bros

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

CapitalistPig posted:

OH also! Thank's for the game Pmush. :)

:same:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

scumteam why'd you kill me bros

Your pr would have allowed you to figure out my PR and alerted you to some of my lies being that I was sure xad was scum etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
ooohhh you guys had a rolecop. Makes sense.

• Locked thread