Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

House Carpanel puts 3 votes in favor of the Ligue Des Mers Nombreuses Act

Directives:

Baron Antoon von Oegstgeest for Steward: NAY
Prosperity of Jerusalem: AYE
Prince Alberto for Steward: AYE
Puppy for Baron Centule: NAY - the young Count of Hebron can't have a puppy, why should the young Baron?
Order Chaplain to Research Technology: AYE
Spymaster to Collect Technology: AYE
Good Shepherd's Directive: AYE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Mirdini posted:

Early vote count!

The MR law was submitted by an Independent, wasn't it?

Tomoe Goonzen
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

The Captain of the Mamluks is present, but he does not seem to be taking this too seriously. His face is a light red - probably from the sun, you think. Yes, that has to be it. A page reads his statement in a curt, but still intelligible Latin.

He puts 2 votes in favor of the Protection of the Jewish People and Other Minorities.

Directives:

Baron Antoon von Oegstgeest for Steward: NAY
Prosperity of Jerusalem: AYE
Prince Alberto for Steward: AYE
Puppy for Baron Centule: AYE
Order Chaplain to Research Technology: AYE
Spymaster to Collect Technology: AYE
Good Shepherd's Directive: AYE

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Hashim posted:

Yes it was.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Giyorgis Zemenfes casts one vote for Protection of the Jewish People and Other Minorities.

Directives:

Baron Antoon von Oegstgeest for Steward - Nay
Prosperity of Jerusalem - Aye
Prince Alberto for Steward - Aye
Puppy for Baron Centule - Aye
Order Chaplain to Research Technology - Aye
Spymaster to Collect Technology - Aye
Good Shepherd's Directive - Aye

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Hashim posted:

fixed!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Considering the situation around us and our lack of standing army, I believe a retinue is in our best interest. Therefore, with the agreement of the Knights Hospitaller, I, Tierri van Loon, apportion my votes to the The Stiff Spear Provision.

Baron Antoon von Oegstgeest for Steward: Nay
Prosperity of Jerusalem: Yea
Prince Alberto for Steward: Yea
Puppy for Baron Centule: Nay He will get his stick and like it
Order Chaplain to Research Technology: Yea
Spymaster to Collect Technology: Nay
Good Shepherd's Directive: Yea

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
: Stiff Spears, eh? I... think I get the joke. Good one.

(One vote to that.)

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

I cast my one vote in favor of The Protections of the Jewish People and Other Minorities Act

As for the directives

quote:

Order Chaplain to Research Technology - Aye
Spymaster to Collect Technology - Aye

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

One vote in favour of the Protections of the Jewish People and Other Minorities Act. Also:

Aye on a puppy for Baron Centule
Nay on Antoon von Oegstgeest for Steward
Aye on Spymaster to Collect Technology
Aye on Order Chaplain to Research Technology
Aye on Prosperity of Jerusalem
Aye on Prince Alberto for Steward
Nay on Good Shepherd's Directive

Gigagar
Nov 6, 2013

A bit of a fruit.
ˇHola mis colegas más nobles! It is a pleasure and honor to be a part of this most holy endeavor. On my travels throughout this land I have witnessed such acts of heroism and chivalry devoted in the name of our king, both earthly and heavenly. It reminds me of home to see our Noble men fight to drive out the infidel. To that end though I am afraid that we need more than what meager armaments and training our levies supply. To this end I give my one(1) vote for The Stiff Spear Provision.

As for the matter of the Directives:

Order Chaplain to Research Technology - Nay
Spymaster to Collect Technology - Nay

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I'm tired, it's late, I put my vote towards Stiff Spears and ignore the rest.

Except the puppy motion, I vehemently say Nay.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

I, Prince Tancred, will spend all four (4) of my votes on the JRA. And I shall abstain from voting on any directives.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Vote Count Update

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

Recognizing the importance of a strong army for both defense and expansion, my vote is in favor of the Stiff Spear Provision.

For directives:
NAY to Baron Antoon von Oegstgeest for Steward, as he has removed himself from consideration.
AYE to Prosperity of Jerusalem.
AYE to Prince Alberto for Steward.
AYE to the Puppy for Baron Centule, for if - as it is said - all dogs go to heaven, their presence can only influence the lad towards piety and morality.
NAY to Order Chaplain to Research Technology - Ought he not focus on converting the people and maintaining relations with the Church instead?
AYE to Order Spymaster to Collect Technology.
AYE to the Good Shepherd's Directive

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

As my father's dying words were "When's the next feast?" I'll put my three votes for FIESTA.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Recognising a lost cause when I see one, I switch my four votes to the Just Regency Act.

In addition to my extant nay on Baron Centrule's accursed pup, I add an AYE to the directive for Crown Attention on Jerusalem.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

I put my three (3) votes in support of the Ligue Des Mers Nombreuses Act

Regarding the Directives, I vote:
AYE to Order Chaplain to Research Technology
AYE to Order Spymaster to Collect Technology

And abstain on all others.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

In light of its solid amendments to address my concerns, I will be placing my vote for the Stiff Spear Provision.

Coming to directives, I will vote

Nay on Baron Antoon von Oegstgeest for Steward - The man has declined the post, no further debate necessary.
Aye on Prosperity of Jerusalem - Our capital must see renewed focus if it is to become the jewel of the Holy Land!
Nay on Prince Alberto for Steward - I trust our Regent and/or King to appoint the best qualified candidate (so, Alberto) themselves, and would rather spend the Haute Cour's attention on a matter that will otherwise not be addressed.
Aye on a Puppy for Baron Centule - far be it from me to deny the boy his dreams of dog!
Nay on Ordering the Chaplain to Research Technology - As the honorable Ser Cornipes noted, our chaplain should be focused on converting the land to the true faith.
Aye on sending our Spymaster to Collect Technology - where others are ahead of us in cultural, military and economic fields we should seek to learn from them.
Nay on the Good Shepherd's Directive - This scenario is too theoretical to be worth considering in this session - our King may yet live to see the next, and I feel it is a macabre thing indeed to be planning council employment for after his death at this point.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Capfalcon posted:

As my father's dying words were "When's the next feast?" I'll put my three votes for FIESTA.

as much as I appreciate the show of support you unfortunately can't join PDeR in the middle of the session; post again if you want to join when it's over :X

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

aaand a quick vote update

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

As Prince of refined taste, I feel that I must give my verbal support to the FIESTA Act. I fest often in my own capital, on meats delicate and varied, but it is simply not Christian to keep such pleasures to myself! I hope to see you all in the great feasting hall of Jerusalem! And don't worry, I'll bring some of my chefs to help.

Alas, my devotion to Eclipse prevents me from doing so.

3 votes for Stiff Spear and 3 for LDMNA

For directives:
NAY to Baron Antoon von Oegstgeest for Steward
AYE to Prosperity of Jerusalem.
AYE to Prince Alberto for Steward.
AYE to the Puppy for Baron Centule,
AYE to Order Chaplain to Research Technology -
AYE to Order Spymaster to Collect Technology.
NAY to the Good Shepherd's Directive-While I adore having scrumptious Bezz'i at my side, would this position not be better filled by a man of the cloth?

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

As Prince of refined taste, I feel that I must give my verbal support to the FIESTA Act. I fest often in my own capital, on meats delicate and varied, but it is simply not Christian to keep such pleasures to myself! I hope to see you all in the great feasting hall of Jerusalem! And don't worry, I'll bring some of my chefs to help.

I'm also somewhat disappointed that we cannot establish a feasting tradition in this term of the Haute Cour, but must admit that the three front-running bills seem like sensible measures for our Kingdom, and PDeR will not stand in the way of their popular support in the name of feasts or the smaller matter of designated regencies alone.

((Also looking at what powers the Haute Cour already has, while awarding minor titles is in the ruler's prerogative, so are council appointments. The HC can still make a directive to appoint someone specific to the title of Designated Regent. That would force that choice over any regnal objections much like a council directive would, so unfortunately the JRA as currently formulated doesn't actually... do anything to change the legal situation around designated regents. Which is a shame because I 100% respect the intent of the bill.))

Mirdini fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 12, 2019

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

About the Merchant Republic law, since it states that the only the Duchy title has to be formed into a republic (which requires at least one county and the duchy title going to a mayor), and the act is supposed to supersede the APA, that leaves the other counties within that duchy down to the King's choice, right? That's what I'm assuming anyways

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Yes, just needs the main coastal province for the duchy.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Hashim posted:

About the Merchant Republic law, since it states that the only the Duchy title has to be formed into a republic (which requires at least one county and the duchy title going to a mayor), and the act is supposed to supersede the APA, that leaves the other counties within that duchy down to the King's choice, right? That's what I'm assuming anyways

I read it as the other counties would fall under the provisions of the APA (assuming it's a holy war and the APA thus applies), but I guess that could also not be the case?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

(Bezz'i of House Ammar, Count Tripoli, takes the rostrum to announce his votes)

I wish that I were able to vote for the FIESTA, and hope that it may yet pass into recess despite my inability to cast my votes in support due to the factional nature of the proposal. With my three votes, I support the following.

TWO (2) VOTES towards the Stiff Spear Provision as a fitting memory to our great founder Godefoy.
ONE (1) VOTE towards the Ligue Des Mers Nombreuses Act as a step towards enriching our kingdom with both trade and culture.

I also announce the following positions on the directives:
Baron Antoon von Oegstgeest for Steward - Abstain
Prosperity of Jerusalem - Abstain
Prince Alberto for Steward - AYE!
Puppy for Baron Centule - NAY! - let SSSC provide it themselves, as they were the ones who offered him the pup!
Order Chaplain to Research Technology - NAY! - We have Good News to spread!
Spymaster to Collect Technology - NAY! - We have plots to end!
Good Shepherd's Directive - AYE! - we must ensure that any King of Jerusalem has the finest, and most discrete, of chaplains! Trust me, my lords, you will want me to be in this position should Tripoli take his place on the throne.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Mirdini posted:

I read it as the other counties would fall under the provisions of the APA (assuming it's a holy war and the APA thus applies), but I guess that could also not be the case?

It says supersede, so I'm going with the APA being void while the MR law is active. Can't have both at the same time.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
Changing my vote on the directives to as follows:

Directives:

Puppy for Baron Centule - NAY
Order Chaplain to Research Technology - Nay
Spymaster to Collect Technology - Nay

A pet is a big responsibility and you are not ready!

Clayren fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 12, 2019

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

:siren:Session is Closed:siren:

one sec

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Final vote count!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Curseeeeees!

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

:siren:Session is Closed:siren:

The following items have passed into the Recess, without opposition:

No items have reached the 1/3rd opposition limit.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

The Recess of 1115

The Recess is comprised of the following Policies/Laws:

Also attached to the Recess are the following directives:

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

With the session over, I'll reveal that our government now includes all direct vassals of the King as electors -

Unsurprisingly, the new crusader lords in Egypt want one of their own as King, but votes are flipping all over the place so the eventual succession will definitely be interesting

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Huzzah for Prince Raimond! He is the best suited, as both relative to our lieges and in temperament, to rule Jerusalem!

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

I, Richard of Aintab, in my full duties as regent, appoint Alberto d'Este as Steward of the Realm.

ooc: I talked over with Hashim.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

I, Richard of Aintab, in my full duties as regent, appoint Alberto d'Este as Steward of the Realm.

ooc: I talked over with Hashim.

I greatly appreciate Count Richard's responsiveness to my suggestion that Stewardship directive in the previous session be enacted extra-legislatively, and wish the Prince d'Este success with his new post.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The Nile delta is mere inches from the command of Jerusalem. If it were in Jewish hands, there'd be an even greater irony. Those who fled with Moses as former slaves, now returning as conquering kings. History is not quite so kind. The believers of another prophet, one considered the son of God, rule it instead. That is the way of the world though.

In the chambers of the Haute Cour, there are dreams of an Outremer Empire, a Holy Empire of Jerusalem. Where it extends is anyone's guess, but the thirst for conquest by the Crusaders, former or current is unquenchable. It's been years since I first came under the court of the late king Godefroy. I now have a daughter (bless her mother, I did all I could to ease her suffering before she left us). I now have a County. I do not care so much for Jerusalem to become like France or the "Holy Roman" empire. I merely want to see our fortunes rise. It does not matter which prophet they follow (though I do hope they at least follow the same God), but for the betterment of all, the prosperity of Jerusalem is prosperity for all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Xelkelvos posted:

In the chambers of the Haute Cour, there are dreams of an Outremer Empire, a Holy Empire of Jerusalem. Where it extends is anyone's guess, but the thirst for conquest by the Crusaders, former or current is unquenchable.

Sounds good to me. :colbert: