Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Inkspot fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Aug 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Fionordequester posted:

Mega Kick is a better move than Mega Punch, and Hitmonlee is a little bit better than Hitmonchan. So, I go for :krad:!

Hitmonchan won't be useful for 2 generations, as 90% of the punches were special. Kicks

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Inazuma Kick!

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

If a name hasn't already been picked for the kicker, I'm voting MCA.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Nicknames can be suggested at anytime, but the 12 hour rule only applies when we've seen the Pokemon in an update, so until then, anyone can suggest things.

And it seems like we're going with Kicking (the right option)

hoonigan_neil
Feb 25, 2014

MissileWaster posted:

If a name hasn't already been picked for the kicker, I'm voting MCA.

Hear, hear!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Advance Notice: This update is very wordy and not too much happens. We'll be taking on the Gym next time.

Update 14: Sights of Celadon City

Celadon City: The City of Rainbow Dreams
(Celadon is a light greyish green colour)
Tamamushi City: Tamamushi, the color of rainbow dreams.
(Tamamushi iro refers to the iridescent colours of jewel beetles, which reflect a rainbow of colours, most noticeably green.)

A whole new city to explore! One thing sticks out.

Strange that they're just walking around like this.

: It evolved from POLIWHIRL when I used WATER STONE!

This is the only indication you get of this Pokemon, since no trainers have it.

Quick stop to what may be the first hidden item I ever found as a kid.

"people."

...not for Pokemon? This place has nothing to do with Pokemon whatsoever? That's weird.

There's an invisible PC here in RBG, but I'm playing a version where they removed some fun stuff. Not everything, of course.

: We just shipped 2000 Pokemon as slot prizes!

Will say one thing about Team Rocket, they do what they do WELL.

"dough, big time!"

"GAME CORNER!"

: There's no secret switch behind it!

Cool, thanks for saying so. I won't check now.

Please don't mug me.

I am going to die of starvation before this journey is over.

: I'm flat out basted! No more slots for me! I'm going straight!

: Here! I won't be needing this anymore!

"win it back..."

So to overcome your crippling gambling addiction, you're giving a kid a chance to do the same? Nice, nice.

"at the slots."

Now it's my turn!

Cool, gambling and drugs and mafia and animal trafficking. This city is wonderful.

: I knew I should have cashed in my coins for prizes!

Alright, let's enter this wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Just row upon row of adults feeding in the coins, drool dripping from their mouths, their glassy eyes reflecting the bright reels as they fail to line up a jackpot.

We can annoy some of them to get free coins.

Others will happily support our addiction.

There's also a boatload of hidden coins to grab.

: You have better things to do, champ in making! CELADON GYM's LEADER is ERIKA!

: She uses grass-type POKEMON! She might appear docile, but don't be fooled!

...but what do your children say?

I know it's a game, but this stuff, growing up in the UK, is alien to me. The closest I could get were slot machines in pubs. If I went near them, I got into trouble and arcades were basically dead, only left alive in seaside towns.

: Do you need some game coins? It's £1000 for 50 coins. Would you like some?

Now this is how you're actually going to get coins in this game, since playing the slots is a lot slower and very random.

They're also really not subtle about who owns this place.

"Go away or else!"

While we fight this guy to view his anime girl poster, we'll have Ikue ignore Agility (Kōsoku Idō: High-speed Movement), a Psychic move that doubles your speed. Ikue's fast enough, so we don't need it.

"better tell BOSS!"

There's only one thing left to do and that's play the slots themselves. Look at how happy we are.

It's very simple, you put in a max of 3 coins and try and get matches. How many coins determines how many rows count, so 1 coin is just the centre horizontal line. 2 coins is all three horizontal lines. And 3 coins also includes the diagonals.

The symbols were designed differently in each game and in Yellow it really shows this is Team Rocket's place. But the payouts are the same. We'll go in more detail later.

It's a fun little distraction, but good luck actually winning anything.

If you manage to score big, or buy a lot of coins, then what kind of prizes can you get?

The prizes are different in each game, though RB matches up with RG, with Japanese Blue having completely different ones. Again, we'll go over it later.

We can only get the Abra with our current coins, so let's, uh, get loads of jackpots. Definitely didn't use a cheat. I wouldn't do that.

#123: Scyther

#127: Pinsir

Couple new moves, Vicegrip (Hasamu: Clamp (no, not that one)) is a pretty basic Normal move that does damage. And that's it. Guillotine (Hasami Girochin: Pincer Guillotine) is an OHKO move, however it only affects Pokemon that have a lower Speed, while also having 30% accuracy. This'll change in future games.

#137: Porygon

Okay, so, Sharpen (Kakubaru: Improve Angles) increases Attack by one stage. Cool. Conversion (Tekusuchā: Texture) changes your type to the opponent type(s), which can be useful, since a lot of Pokemon just rely on STAB and Normal moves. It's changed next gen to copying an opponent's move's type. Not that great. Finally, Psybeam (Saike Kōsen: Psyche-beam) is a pretty good Psychic move that has a small chance to Confuse.

And might as well grab this while we're here. This is also why you don't need to get that hidden Moon Stone back in Mt. Moon, since you can just get Wigglytuff here. But, what else will I use my Moon Stone on?

Pokedex entries

Excuse me sir, I wish to procure Technical Machines from this shifty vendor.

Hmm, an okay haul. Dragon Rage (Ryū no Ikari) is the only Dragon move in the game. Well, "move", since it does a set 40 damage no matter what. Not that it matters, since Dragon is only strong against itself. Substitute (Migawari: Scapegoat) is a very interesting move that is created from 25% + 1 health of the user and can block status and stat lowering moves, but will break if taken enough damage. It does, however, have a CRAP ton of effects, so have a read. And then we have Hyper Beam (Hakai Kōsen). Hoo baby, it's a very powerful Normal move that requires a recharge. Most of the time. We'll see. Eheheheheh. (I have two TM23 since the game gives you no indication you've bought one)

Anyway, that'll be it for the Game Corner, so let's explore the rest of the city. Starting with here.

: Oh, you have an adorable PIKACHU with you. You look like a fantastic duo. You're making me jealous!

Unsubtly put in there, game. (What is this guy doing anyway? Sitting on his knees? What kind of AMERICAN sits like that?)

Second floor has a PC. Woo.

And on this floor?

Something Awful: ADTRW branch.

"I drew you!"

...like one of your Kalos girls?

(Nobody cares!)

: Filling up your POKEDEX is tough, but don't quit! When you finish, come tell me!

Game Freak appears somewhere in every game in the main series. I'm sure we'll visit this guy again.

Top floor! And there's nothing much here.

Unless we go in the back way.

"trade POKEMON!"

Housing one of these nut jobs that believe this world is a virtual reality. Suuuuuuure. :tinfoil:

: There are 50 TMs in all. There are also 5 HMs that can be used repeatedly. SILPH CO.

This is the only reason to come back here though. A free Eevee. Yes, even in Yellow.

This doesn't apply to me. Nor ever really has. I've never really had any friends that were Pokefreaks like me.

Now we have cute fluffy thing!

On to the next thingymawotsit.

"DEPT. STORE!"

"STORE."

We can buy loads of stuff here. Let's begin.

Second floor has the usual Mart items and TMs.

OKAY, here we go. From top to bottom we have Double Team, Reflect, Razor Wind, Horn Drill, Egg Bomb, Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Take Down and Submission. All of them can be found elsewhere. It's only the Game Corner TMs that are unique purchases.

So, Reflect (Rifurekutā: Reflector) doubles the users Defense for the remainder of the battle, until it switches out. Pretty good. Razor Wind (Kamaitachi) is a two turn move that is pretty rubbish, doing only 40 damage on a turn by turn basis. It can also miss. Avoid. Horn Drill (Tsuno Doriru) is another OHKO move, so it only works if you're faster and only has 30% accuracy. Not really worth it, but it could be fun. Egg Bomb (Tamago Bakudan) is a pretty powerful Normal move, but doesn't have good accuracy. And pretty poor distribution on Pokemon that don't really care. So maybe also avoid.

Take Down (Tosshin: Charge) is another pretty powerful move that causes recoil equal to 25% of the damage done. It's pretty accurate, but there is a better version later. Finally, Submission (Jigoku Guruma: Hell Wheel) is not the best Fighting move this gen, but the most accessible one, so it's the best choice for a lot of Fighting types. It's a slightly weaker Take Down, but you could take a lot of recoil if it's super effective. I may give this to Wukong.

Man this update has a lot of words. Excuse me miss, I need to explore the rest of this hellhole of a city.

: Not done yet? This might be useful!

"I'm leaning on, mind you!"

I'm not sure if this will help, but okay. Counter (Kauntā) is a very interesting move as it reflects ONLY Normal and Fighting damaging moves for double their damage. It can be super effective, since it deals Fighting damage, but it can hit Ghost Pokemon. It also has a priority of -5, so it'll probably go last. It can also be a critical hit, but the damage won't change.

Otherwise, there's nothing else on this floor. I think Pokemon has done all of those genres: Sports (Dash), Puzzle (Trozei, Shuffle, Puzzle League), Fighting (Smash, Pokken) and RPG (duh).

The fourth floor has some interesting things.

Buyable evolution stones! I'll get enough to evolve everything when I have the money. A Poke Doll (Pippi Doll), meanwhile, just ends a wild battle, no matter what. I'll pick one up for later use.

We'll grab one of these and head up to the next floor.

Drugs! As a reminder, the first lot raise a stat by a stage for a battle (or give your moves perfect accuracy, or prevents the enemy lowering your stats), while the second lot raises one of the stats by 2560 Stat Exp, up to 25600. Expensive as hell though.

Finally, we have the roof, with vending machines. Fresh Water (Delicious Water) is a very cheap Super Potion, Soda Pop (Psycho Soda) restores 60HP and Lemonade (Mix au Lait) restores 80HP. Very useful, but we can only get them one at a time, annoyingly.

"to drink!"

YES.

: FRESH WATER! Thank you! You can have this from me!

Yessssssssss. Ice Beam (Reitō Bīmu: Freezing Beam) is one of the best moves in the game. A very powerful and accurate Ice move that a lot of Pokemon can learn and need to in order to hit certain Pokemon super effectively. While we don't have anyone right now who can really use it, we will. Oh we will. This makes your Squirtle a killing machine.

Rock Slide (Iwa Nadare) is the best Rock move in the game and is pretty powerful, but best saved for super effective hits. It can also miss occasionally and doesn't have the chance to flinch until next gen.

Finally, Tri Attack (Torai Atakku) is a pretty good Normal move that doesn't cause recoil, or have you recharge, or explode you. So it's a good option if you've used up your Body Slam TM. It does not have the chance of causing status effects until next gen though. But man, all the TMs this girl gives you are great.

Since there's not much else for Wukong to learn, we'll be using a few TMs on it. I won't give it Mega Punch, since Karate Chop is just better.

That's it for now, so let's clear up our cluttered bag. And focus on the important things.

BECOME USEFUL DAMMIT!

FINE, you know who WILL take the stone?

Meet our new team member, better then the old one in every way.

Good riddance.

There's not much we can do on Route 16, but we can reach some grass.

#084: Doduo

So, this will be our other next team member. All we need to do is weaken and paralyze-

...oh yeah, Ikue had all the good moves. Well, we'll be fine.

Easy.

We can even nickname it immediately!

It doesn't have good moves to begin with, but we will fix that very soon. Also, while I'm a fan of dank memes, I'm also a big Batman fan. Sorry, but I'm just a sucker for that stuff, I love them Arkham games. (Superman droolz)

Pretty good capture, right buddy?

O-Oh. Yeah. Well, whatever. It's just a collection of 1s and 0s. Who cares? I've got something much better.

Anyway, while we can't get past the Snorlax, we can sneak in the back.

There's a house that we wouldn't be able to see from down there.

: Please don't tell anyone I'm here. I'll make it up to you with this!

"back to any town."

: Put it to good use!

Fly (Sora wo Tobu) isn't a great move (it barely does more damage than Wing Attack overall), but it has great utility, allowing you to instantly revisit any town you've been to. We'll use this a lot more later. And since Two Face won't learn Tri Attack for a long while, we'll use the TM so now it has a reliable attack to help it catch up in levels.

It's really that easy.

Let's heal up and take on the Gym.

You ready budd-

Oh.

Let's go, buddy. :unsmith:

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 20, 2015

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Yeah, the whole Pikachu thing really does work in this game. :unsmith:

If only we could give him a light ball as well.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Crosspeice posted:

Celadon City: The City of Rainbow Dreams
(Celadon is a light greyish green colour, while tamamushi iro refers to the iridescent colours of jewel beetles, which reflect a rainbow of colours, most noticeably green.)
Tamamushi City: Tamamushi, the color of rainbow dreams.

The etymology of this city's Japanese name fits it perfectly.

Wikipedia posted:

Since this insect has iridescent wings that glow lengthwise with different colors depending upon the light angle, one cannot be sure exactly which color it is. Therefore it gave rise to the expression tamamushi-iro (tamamushi color), in reference to a convoluted statement that can be interpreted in more ways than one.
The city itself is many things - home to a gym run by a cultured lady, a shopping capital, and home to the game's devs, but it also has a flipside - gambling and the headquarters of Team Rocket are found here as well. Like its namesake, the color of the city changes depending on the angle you view it from.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Yeah, uh. Pikachu is suboptimal, but it's just WRONG to ditch him.
Wait, do you still have Thunderbolt?

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

That drink girl in RBG I believe could be given drinks infinite times, or my memory sucks.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Silegna posted:

That drink girl in RBG I believe could be given drinks infinite times, or my memory sucks.

I'm preeeetty sure she gives them one at a time, because every Kanto game, I would try to exploit her TM giving skills, and only be disappointed that I can't have multiple Ice Beams.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
If ever a game gives me an Eevee, it's automatically on my team. The fact that you can't get stones in the Johto games (since they were trying to push day/night) sucks for subsequent playthroughs, but even that's fine since my favorite is Umbreon. I really thought we were ditching Pikachu. Blasphemy if I ever saw it.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

SonicRulez posted:

If ever a game gives me an Eevee, it's automatically on my team. The fact that you can't get stones in the Johto games (since they were trying to push day/night) sucks for subsequent playthroughs, but even that's fine since my favorite is Umbreon. I really thought we were ditching Pikachu. Blasphemy if I ever saw it.

Umbreon is why I love Colosseum/XD. Great wall. Amazing design, especially the shiny. Oh and I love the moon.

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

This might just be fun after all.

SonicRulez posted:

You could get Leaf, Thunder, Water, and Fire stones in Crystal- there were four trainers you could register on your phone for re-battling purposes who would sometimes give them to you as gifts. Um... there was a girl south of Goldenrod who I think gave thunderstones (the one who says that boys sometimes give her gifts after battle), a fisher west of Mahogany Town who sometimes fished up water stones and Pokeballs, a boy (a student-type class I think?) on the route between the National Park and the wiggly tree who would give fire stones, and... I don't remember where the leaf stone person was.

Okay honestly I don't 100% remember if there was a leaf stone person because I never used the darn things. But trainers who made comments about finding or receiving items sometimes would call you periodically for rematches if you registered them and sometimes give you things.

Also, Jolteon is not at all a bad choice to run with for RBY- it gets Pin Missile, for bugging Psychic types, without carrying Poison's weakness to Psychic. So if you can stand the blasphemy of boxing Pikachu. Jolteon will serve you extremely well by kicking Psychic-type butt.

(I know all this and yet I still go for the adorable mermaid fox every single time <3 )

Sorites
Sep 10, 2012

The last stone giver is a girl west of Ecruteak. I think she talks about finding stuff on walks.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

People always cite Jolteon as a good psychic counter because of Pin Missile, but Jolteon's attack stat is bad and Pin Missile doesn't exactly have amazing base power, not to mention it is a multihit move which means its damage has the potential to be even more pathetic. I'm pretty sure Thunderbolt is still more damage, even if the target has a better Special stat.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

You could get the stones in gold/silver, in the postgame in Kanto. There was an old man who gave descriptions of pokemon and if you showed him one he gave you a stone of that type. Only one of each though.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Skyridge posted:

People always cite Jolteon as a good psychic counter because of Pin Missile, but Jolteon's attack stat is bad and Pin Missile doesn't exactly have amazing base power, not to mention it is a multihit move which means its damage has the potential to be even more pathetic. I'm pretty sure Thunderbolt is still more damage, even if the target has a better Special stat.

I can tell you from experience that it's a terribly psychic counter. I used a Jolteon in R/B. Spike. I picked it up specifically because of pin missile and because I wanted an Eeveelution. Unfortunately, while he did outrun Alakazam pin missile was very disappointing. You're better off using Thunderbolt with it.

Also, I'm angry as hell that I couldn't name my X/Y Jolteon Spike. Because in dutch pik means dick. :argh:

Habla bahabla
Aug 3, 2015
So if Pikachu won't go into a pokeball in Yellow, how exactly was he stored in the PC? No wonder he looked so happy being released.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Luckily even in RBY alakazam had a horrific defense, and he was the main dude who could wreck you. I often found just being higher leveled then a psychic type was enough.
Then again as a kid I was the king of over leveling.

also even to this day I refuse to put fighting types on my teams.
I never figured out why.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Crosspeice posted:

Good riddance.

You monste-

Crosspeice posted:

Let's go, buddy. :unsmith:

Oh yay :unsmith:

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

I actually really like Sylveon for my Eeveelution of choice. Its just so cute and pretty and it has those ribbons! :syoon:

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
I had never seen the Japanese names for the drinks before so looked around, mostly on Bulbapedia, to see why they're named what they are in each language. Psycho Soda, which is a pretty cool name, might instead be Supreme Soda considering what was the intention of the word "saiko", which means "supreme" or "best". Mix au Lait apparently went through a lot of analysis which lead to the conclusion that it's supposed to be fruit milk, as in mixed fruit with milk. Not sure why it became Lemonade. Maybe the translators didn't catch on or they thought Lemonade would be more recognizable.

dungeon cousin fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 7, 2016

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Cerony posted:

Mix au Lait apparently went through a lot of analysis which lead to the conclusion that it's supposed to be fruit milk, as in mixed fruit with milk.

I'm an ex-pat in Japan right now. I assure you, "[Insert Fruit Here] au Lait" is in every convenience store around, in multiple varieties. Peach, mango, apple, pineapple... they're pretty popular, and very recognizable. We have things like strawberry milk, on occasion, but it's nothing like the ubiquitousness of au Lait drinks here. Switching to lemonade, in terms of "a common drink you'd encounter at the 7-11" is a pretty good move, I'd say.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
In Australia, "lemonade" always refers to a carbonated drink like Sprite that isn't actually lemon-flavoured. Since "soda pop" is a different item in Pokemon, does that mean the "lemonade" is a true non-carbonated classical lemonade? Or is it a lemon soft drink like Solo?

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Not by the time I was done breeding it for the right nature for an Espeon in X/Y there weren't.

(also this is the cutest pokemon ever fight me nerds)

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

kalonZombie posted:

Not by the time I was done breeding it for the right nature for an Espeon in X/Y there weren't.

I imagine trainers like this are why there's an infinite number of them hiding out in the park in B/W2.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Yeah, I'm guilty of that too. I had bred an Eevee with 5 perfect IVs, started breeding it to get more of them, sent the rejects out via the wonder trade system, so you know, 3-4 perfect IV Eevees just getting shat out everywhere.

Then I made my Eeveelution dream team, and stopped playing the game forever.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I really wanted to use Aegislash in my e4 team so I bred up a 5IV Adamant one, named all the rejects after Gilgamesh's knock off swords and sent them out via wonder trade.

So if you find a jolly Honedge named Excalapoor you know who's likely responsible.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Habla bahabla posted:

So if Pikachu won't go into a pokeball in Yellow, how exactly was he stored in the PC? No wonder he looked so happy being released.

It also pops into its pokeball for a second whenever you heal your pokemon at a pokemon center. The healing machine apparently can only deal with pokeballs.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

It also pops into its pokeball for a second whenever you heal your pokemon at a pokemon center. The healing machine apparently can only deal with pokeballs.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's the reason.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Excuse me, but you do not put a plural 's' on the end of a Pokemon's name. I wish for my webcomics to be factually accurate thank you.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

I can tell you from experience that it's a terribly psychic counter. I used a Jolteon in R/B. Spike. I picked it up specifically because of pin missile and because I wanted an Eeveelution. Unfortunately, while he did outrun Alakazam pin missile was very disappointing. You're better off using Thunderbolt with it.

Also, I'm angry as hell that I couldn't name my X/Y Jolteon Spike. Because in dutch pik means dick. :argh:

I wanted to name my Raichu Pixyl. Couldn't, as its slang for loving EAR SEX. Oh, and in KH3D you couldn't use the default name for pricklemane, as prick is slang for dick.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Darth TNT posted:

To be fair, thunderbolt is the only reason you use an electric type in RBY, plus maybe thunder wave, and jolteon's about as good as RBY electrics get outside zapdos. Jolteon, electabuzz, and maybe raichu are the best picks for that.

Unless you have starmie, which can learn both. Along with psychic, ice beam, surf, recover and confuse ray. :v: Two or three starmies could probably sweep the entire elite four.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Well, I can at least confirm that an over-leveled Starmie and Alakazam can. I wasn't good at rotating my pokemon as a kid :saddowns:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

An overleveled Water starter can single handedly take on every Elite Four. Source: the guy that didn't start using actual teams until Platinum.

But I've since rectified that and have used various teams in all Pokemon games. And I can also say: non Exp. Share XY is the hardest main series game. No other game really comes close, apart from maybe Platinum And B2W2 Challenge Mode.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Crosspeice posted:

An overleveled Water starter can single handedly take on every Elite Four. Source: the guy that didn't start using actual teams until Platinum.

But I've since rectified that and have used various teams in all Pokemon games. And I can also say: non Exp. Share XY is the hardest main series game. No other game really comes close, apart from maybe Platinum And B2W2 Challenge Mode.

Hate the new Exp. Share. Guess what? In ORAS it's on by default. I never used it and Lysander kicked my rear end with his gyarados, non mega.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Crosspeice posted:

Amen to that. My Marshtomp and Beautifly pretty much took down them down all by themselves in my Alpha Sapphire game. I think I might have swapped in my Jolteon for a couple rounds.

Seriously. Water types are awesome. Misty was definitely onto something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

kalonZombie posted:

My Gen1 bias is as ever towards Growlithe.

But yes, Eevee is cuter. Curse you :argh:

• Locked thread