Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
...huh.

I guess that's fine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Official FAQ posted:

The Sherman “Doc” Cottle Character Sheet
“Treatment” should read, “Treatment – Action: Choose
another human player and draw 2 Skill Cards from his Skill
set. Then, give him 2 Skill Cards from your hand.”

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/bd/e5/bde5f362-34dd-4f8b-a611-5d8d21765c83/bsg_faq_2-1_hi-res.pdf

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
Huh. I hadn't seen the latest update. That is the most disappointing thing I've read all day.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

... they bothered to update the FAQ to change that and Intimate, and didn't actually answer anything useful?

:ffg:

Uh... give Chief POL?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I would really like some anything, yeah.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah let's fix some of our hand issues for people that have been doing good things lately. Chief definitely falls into that category, but why POL?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

At a guess it's generally useful for checks and I'm probably going to draw an XO next turn I get so it's not like I need LEA now. I don't really mind what I get, though.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Or it's a deliberate fish for InvComms? I guess?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like lea would be a safer choice to ensure you get that XO. The only reason I realistically see for POL is that our President is almost certainly doing the toasty thing and I can't recall at a glance who else draws decent pol other than me. Weird suggestion if it was sincere and not max peck dry wit.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Podima posted:

I feel like lea would be a safer choice to ensure you get that XO. The only reason I realistically see for POL is that our President is almost certainly doing the toasty thing and I can't recall at a glance who else draws decent pol other than me. Weird suggestion if it was sincere and not max peck dry wit.

Chief 1 POL; 2 LEA; 2 ENG
Cottle 1 POL; 2 TAC; 2 ENG
Helo 2 LEA; 2 TAC; 1 PIL
Ellen 2 POL; 2 LEA; 1 TRE
Lee Adama 2 TAC; 1 PIL 2 POL/LEA
Boomer 2 TAC; 2 PIL; 1 ENG
Gaeta 2 TAC; 1 ENG; 2 POL/LEA

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks! Also, I'm going out of town for a wedding - you may get some phone posts out of me but likely not much till tomorrow afternoon, at which point it'll probably be a grumpy hungover Gaeta.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I work in two hours, so updates will be sparse anyway.

Yeah, I work weekends. Yes it sucks.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Podima posted:

Max Peck posted:

Also, since I'm not actually more likely to be a Cylon yet, you all should totally get the only full-time pilot out of the Brig ASAP :v:

Some Numbers posted:

Brig (Hazardous)
You may not move, draw Crisis Cards, or add more than 1 card to skill checks.
Action: Pass a 7 POL/TAC skill check to move to any location on Galactica.

I had thought my motive was rather obvious. There's no point in asking for cards for myself, because I strongly suspect I won't get to attempt a Brig check until my turn, I'll draw TAC anyway, and I can only play one card into my own Brig check. Chief is the eligible player whom I trust the most, and he doesn't draw TAC.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Also, I'm not sure I see the point in fishing for XOs right this moment when people are going to be a little shy about XOing other people for a bit. The dynamics aren't quite the same with DSC, but we're still immediately post-sleeper.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh see that makes much more sense. Sorry for being dumb!

Also I'm in a small town bar in PA and there is a moose head on the wall by me. It's interesting.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Podima posted:

Oh see that makes much more sense. Sorry for being dumb!

Also I'm in a small town bar in PA and there is a moose head on the wall by me. It's interesting.

Yes, but how drunk are you?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Some Numbers posted:

Yes, but how drunk are you?

Man it's like 2 pm give me some time to work with this

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Alternative answer: not enough, never enough

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Since Fits hasn't shown up to beg for an XO, for whatever reason, I guess...

## Gaze longingly at the FTL lever.
Static Chief - POL

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

DEFCON check! Roll d8=4!
:siren: Cylons Attack! :siren:

Two Cylon Attacks PM'd to fits

Action Queue

==> fits (Choose Cylon Attack)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Update in about 8 hours.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Reappoint me as CAG and I promise to make all CAC decisions within 24 hours

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Max Peck posted:

Reappoint me as CAG and I promise to make all CAC decisions within 24 hours

First, you can't be the CAG, you're in prison. Second, fits made his choice yesterday, I was just super busy and have a raging headache.

Third, here's your update.

pre:
Event Horizon
1. Activate Raiders
2. 1 Basestar in each of Sectors 2 and 4; 2 Raiders in each of Sectors 1 and 4 and 1 Viper in each of Sectors 1, 5, 6
3. Gravity Well: Keep this card in play until the fleet jumps. No player can activate a viper unless he first discards a Skill Card.
fits launches three Mark VIIs.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Turn 3.3: Klades (Helo) is the Current Player

Action Queue
==> Toshimo (discard one Skill Card)
==> Klades (Move/Action)

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

I'm willing to add "headaches for none" as a campaign plank

Also "event horizon is terrible"

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
## Discard POL 0 - Force Their Hand

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also "fits is a toaster who just left our pilots with only lovely normal vipers"

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Did my assault raptor vanish into the ether when I was brigged? Phone posting so I can't examine board images easily.

Regardless, though, that's an additional point

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
If the AR is still around, and it should be, we have 2 pilots in the brig and they don't both really need to be in space, especially Helo, since he does good things with his reroll from other locations.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
counterpoint: theres plenty of time to deal with the basestars on a pretty clear board and not much flying for pilots to do in event horizon, and the other one is worse. and the assault raptor is still there hanging out to pilot

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

fits posted:

counterpoint: theres plenty of time to deal with the basestars on a pretty clear board and not much flying for pilots to do in event horizon, and the other one is worse. and the assault raptor is still there hanging out to pilot

Counter-counterpoint: You picked a 2-basestar CAC on a clear board. At a time when Pegasus CIC is blowed up. And you have two titles - though admittedly you didn't engineer that one overtly.

I mean slapfights over CAC choices always come down to "the other one was worse I swear!!!" but Event Horizon is a really hard sell for that particular excuse.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
have you heard of a card called "repair"

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I have a repair in hand and can follow it up with two shots if xo'd

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

er, wait. One shot. His static's his turn only.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

... except I'm not in the CIC anymore because it got blown up. Right.

Please ignore my quietly going insane, except for the part where I note I have a repair sitting around.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Phone post play my lowest value xo, chief go fix things

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

On it!

## Play Mutiny: Betrayal of Trust - Action: Draw 2 Treachery Cards. Then, look at the top card of the Destination Deck and place it on the top or bottom of the deck. Finally, discard this card.
## Reveal: Action: Reveal this card. If you're not in the Brig, you may move a player to Sickbay. That player discards 5 Skill Cards.
## Send Ellen to sickbay

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Klades posted:

rear end

but I fixed things

• Locked thread