Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

I always love all the little details you put into these :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

I'm not a fumo guy, but I wouldn't say no to a Geb fumo.

Great work as always :v:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I'm the rabbit on the poster

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

I love every single thing happening here.

How lovely her bed is gets even funnier if you consider that as a Wing employee, even if she's on their lowest rung(which she isn't, considering she's the team captain) Myo's probably pretty well-off financially. She just lives like this.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

MetaMeme posts are like a Where's Waldo of ridiculous in-jokes, gotta love it.
Somewhat surprised Myo apparently has a Hitachi in her room instead of a rabbit. :v:

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I appreciate how we're seeing just one corner of her room, and between that and her phone I see at least 3 Red Mist pieces.

Also the near 300,000 appointments that got cancelled.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Ariamaki posted:

Somewhat surprised Myo apparently has a Hitachi in her room instead of a rabbit. :v:

I've failed you all :smith:

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
The R on that shirt reminded me of Team Rocket and now I can't help but wonder if R-Corp has a Rocket Team. It's not an animal, but I'm sure they'd make an exception for a crack team of hyper-competent rogues.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

The R on that shirt reminded me of Team Rocket and now I can't help but wonder if R-Corp has a Rocket Team. It's not an animal, but I'm sure they'd make an exception for a crack team of hyper-competent rogues.

They absolutely would make an exception for a crack team of hyper-competent rogues. I'm not sure how Team Rocket relates.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Qrr posted:

They absolutely would make an exception for a crack team of hyper-competent rogues. I'm not sure how Team Rocket relates.

They are somehow still alive after years and years of trying to steal a Pikachu who has fought on even footing with multiple of the settings' not quite gods. If nothing else they are resilient as hell, which would be a solid plus at R-corp. Everything else about them though? Yeah, thats not too impressive.

Probably would end up as some backstreet syndicate that just won't die, if anything.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Ashsaber posted:

They are somehow still alive after years and years of trying to steal a Pikachu who has fought on even footing with multiple of the settings' not quite gods. If nothing else they are resilient as hell, which would be a solid plus at R-corp. Everything else about them though? Yeah, thats not too impressive.

Probably would end up as some backstreet syndicate that just won't die, if anything.

Yeah, they'd be sent blasting off again and again and come back without a scratch the next day.

I'm sure even the Hana Association would have a hard time figuring out what Threat Level to give them.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
They obviously found a Singularity that just lets them blast off again without permanent harm.

The Threat level would be entirely based on who they pissed off, because their normal mode of operations just has them following one specific person, which doesn't get you much threat level. Anyone they pissed off in the course of that? Fair game.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Solitair posted:

I just did, motherfucker! :woop:

Well drat congratulations. How many tries did it take and what were the casualties?

Mecha_Face
Dec 17, 2016

Ashsaber posted:

I’m not a big fan of the anime, but I did watch it as a kid when it first came out. Jesse and James were supposedly the best operatives in Team Rocket before they met the idiot, and while I haven’t experienced it myself, the latest seasons of the anime reportedly have actually made them competent again. I have a crack-theory that Ash/Satoshi just has this “incompetence aura” that causes everyone around him to be as phenomenally stupid as he is. That sounds like an Abnormality to me!

oobitydoo
Oct 1, 2021

Mecha_Face posted:

I have a crack-theory that Ash/Satoshi just has this “incompetence aura” that causes everyone around him to be as phenomenally stupid as he is. That sounds like an Abnormality to me!

F-09-??: The Idiot Ball

This tool abnormality causes the holder's intelligence (prudence?) to drop massively but makes them functionally invulnerable by manipulating chance to redirect threats and, most importantly, reducing the intelligence of all other entities interacting with the holder. Also it does tremendous white damage to anyone reading the story because oh my god how does everyone in this story suddenly become incompetent and ruin their own plans for no reason. Never allow the holder of The Idiot Ball to come in contact with Poor Screenwriter's Note (O-05-31-W-Legacy).

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
...how did I only now just notice that Tenma's dual-wielding? She has a card with a two-sword cross slash art, plus her combat sprites and the fact that she has two sheathes on her back in her portrait, the signs were all there. Man, I'm unobservant.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

A jargogle posted:

Well drat congratulations. How many tries did it take and what were the casualties?

Two tries, eight deaths. Turns out TeeQueue's strat for the LP really is a silver bullet.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Obviously late for this being topical but it is too cool not to share.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

Hunt11 posted:

Obviously late for this being topical but it is too cool not to share.

Artist is kankan33333 / ポテトルス, https://www.pixiv.net/users/14601125. Obviously, spoiler warning for some of the art. (Also, for some reason they seem to be deleting images from their Pixiv as they go; that image was on Pixiv, but is no longer. One series of images is hilarious, and I hope it's still there by the time it's not spoilers any more)

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
From what I've noticed about artists in general over the years is that sometimes they just go "gently caress it" and take down some or all of their work for whatever reason suits them at that moment.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
That reason often being people sharing their art with no credit or permission and even using it for profit. This is especially prominent with Japanese artists on social media.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Ngl I never want to see anything I ever drew in the past ever again :v:

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

CHiRAL posted:

That reason often being people sharing their art with no credit or permission and even using it for profit. This is especially prominent with Japanese artists on social media.

it happens to Z-listers too I've had my art in this thread shown back to me three seperate times now

Xun posted:

Ngl I never want to see anything I ever drew in the past ever again :v:

Every artist is actually 2 well-placed perjoratives away from deleting any given piece, and 3 more after that from deleting their account and becoming a hermit

TheDoomkitten
Jun 11, 2022

Angela did nothing wrong.
I've been lurking on this LP for a while now (after giving up at Gebura's triple Aleph mission in LobCorp and reading the LP instead, a decision which I'm pretty sure was more net fun overall than banging my head against the brick wall of mid-to-late-game LobCorp), and I've found both this thread and the last LP a delight. They've seriously brightened—and ate most of—my day for the past few weeks, and actually gave me the itch to give making my own "fanart" a try. For a given value of fanart.

Speaking of, before I get to posting it: are the thread's resident artists okay with me using crops of their pieces for card art? Specifically for the nuggets, I've been making an effort to use official art for canon stuff so it'd feel weird to just drop the battle sprites onto the nuggets' cards and call it a day, but I don't want to use art without permission for the reasons the thread has just gone over.

TheDoomkitten fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jun 11, 2022

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Book 31: Warp Cleanup Crew—Chapter 2

Music: GuestBattle01

So long as we stick to what we've learned, things should be easy enough.

Index Proselyte still good, WotP still broken, etc.

I'm feeling some promise from this one. I'll give it a try.

Is it okay for you to look down like that..?

I think this guy's spine was kind of off. It's not causing me any problems, at least.

I've combined the best of the Puppets and the Index's options to make something really powerful.

Some variation of what Elle is using here will serve us well throughout all of Urban Nightmare. WotP+Repressed Flesh+Forceful Gesture gives us a strong selection of draw pages to choose from, and with four different Light restoration pages we'll be able to throw them out whenever we need to. It's very nice.

That Dante's observation powers seem to be higher than normal.

This is just me messing around with swords. There's no drawtech, but we'll get free En Gardes in hand to make up for it. Singular Strike, meanwhile, will make our 0-costs hit deceptively hard.

Two waves this time, with the first one being a now-familiar quartet of mooks.

The WARP Cleanup Crew have one noteworthy passive, and it's either a doozy or nothing at all, depending on our luck. Each time they hit our Librarians, they have a 10% chance to deal 10 True Damage on top of whatever the hit already deals. Because any scratch from them could explode, it's best that we try to avoid getting hit.

Music: HodBattle01

We're ready to engage the enemies.

And we're ready to support you from up here~

Chesed? Then it's not just you, right?

We're up here too! I'm really interested in all of these systems! I have no idea how they work yet!

It's probably some Singularity or another.

So it's you guys, huh? I guess you did just wake up.

They're not all who just woke up, Meds.

Do I… know you?

I guess you wouldn't in this timeline… Well, back in the day we would've been cleaving through everything together.

Great. Because T Corp hasn't caused me enough trouble.

Bad time?

The worst.

Forget it then. Nice to meet you, Meds. I'll keep an eye on things up here.

Thanks. Let's do this.

Speaking of, look out for those guys. They've got a nasty attack on tap… and what the hell is 'Charge?'

Usually, it means they're saving power for a trump card attack down the line.

We'll have to find out once that thing hits us.

Overcharge is the most dangerous page in the Cleanup Crew's deck, a 3-cost with three massive dice on it that grants 10 Charge to the enemy. Oh… I should explain Charge.

Charge is a resource that is added by some pages and then spent for various bonus effects on other pages, and WARP Cleanup Crew is our first experience with it. Any combatant can have a maximum of 10 stacks of Charge at once, and Charge stacks will alter mid-turn. It's possible to start with 0 Charge, play a page that gives +4 On Use, and then another page afterwards that spends 3 of it On Use, and wind up with 1 Charge and the added effect—play order does matter when using Charge.

Anyways, in exchange for having a staggering amount of power and instantly maxing out their Charge stacks, Overdrive will disable the enemy for the next turn. Their defenses remain the same, but they're unable to play any pages.

Dimensional Rift is a 2-cost with decent dice, and it provides 6 Charge, the second-highest of any page in the WARP set.

The final WARP Crew member is using Rewind, a basic defensive page that gives 4 Charge and can heal a small amount of HP. We ignore it, because they're attacking Elle Tee and she has Counter dice.

We're facing representatives of a Wing, here. Expect them to be on par with how you all used to be.

Holy… can we actually stand up to that?!

They don't have E.G.O, so we should be on roughly the same footing by now.

Huh… you're right. They're not so bad!

Be careful when they overcharge their weapons, though… Knocked me for a loop…

Overcharge hits hard. The best we can realistically do is mitigate it somewhat.

Like so.

It took all I had to strike down any part of it at all.

I still definitely came out on the losing side, though…

That's seriously powerful…

But it leaves them vulnerable right after.

Doesn't matter if we're dead after one shot.

At least they don't have much going for them outside of that.

The locked dice here are the aforementioned drawback of Overcharge.

Energy Cycle is the WARP Crew's Light restoration page, granting them 3 Charge for 0 cost alongside an On Hit Light regain on the first die. It's got pretty good rolls for a 0 cost, but it's ultimately unremarkable.

Try to take at least one of them out before they can use all that Charge on anything dangerous.

This is why you simply shouldn't leave any openings…

I've got this one pinned down, you guys! Go wild.

Bamboo-hatted Kim's Key Page is absolutely nuts at this point in the game. With Sayo's passive included for a +3 to all Slash dice and coming alongside a lot of very powerful Slash pages from the General Receptions it makes for a terrifying clash-winning machine that can carry us throughout the rest of the chapter. Outside of Overcharge, the WARP Crew members can't realistically win a clash against her.

Sorry, sir, but we'll be making you a book soon. Just relax. It'll only be a moment.

Hey guys, we've just figured out what that Charge they've got is going towards.

So what's it for?

Their weapons seem to run off of the same power as the trains do—they can open rifts in space that rip things apart. When they direct the charge through their weapons…

Space rips open, and if we're standing there when it happens we go with it.

You got it, Meds.

Ripple is the final page in the standard WARP Crew's deck, and it's the only one that uses Charge. At the cost of 3 Charge, it will give both dice +3, making the second attack into a meaty 8-20 die which can be powered up further by the first die losing a clash. It hurts!

I'll distract them. You all try to stop that one from powering up that attack.

Then I'll finish the straggler off.

Gh… so glad you're as good as dead.

You need some help over there?

Nah, I got it. Let's wrap these guys up and—

Ah… ow.

Miss Hod!

I'm alright… but I don't want to get hit by that again.

Then we'd better kill them quickly.

Ohh boy. She's pissed.

She's not the only one. Using a Singularity in such a barbaric manner…

Music: HodBattle02

I'll handle these two. You guys…

We'll take full advantage of the opportunity you're giving us.

Thanks, boss.

They're wide open for whoever wants 'em!

Then this is payback for that first attack!

…It seems this fight is at an end. I'll take care of the final opponent.

You sure?

Yes. We can't do much in the fights themselves, but we should at least make their deaths quick and painless when we can.

Such a poetic statement… It's very Hod-like.

It's nothing like that. I just feel like we should at least try to reduce the suffering we cause by a little.

I just finished brewing a pot of coffee. You should have some before you head back into the fray~

Egh… that high-class stuff? I can never get used to it.

He's put in some effort, Elle. The least we can do is have some.

Music: GuestBattle01

The second round of WARP Cleanup Crew includes the trio we met earlier, and they're a cut above the rest of them.

All three still have the Dimensional Sections passive to just randomly deal More Damage 10% of the time. On top of it, Sen and Rose both have Refraction, a 5% chance to deal 13 Stagger Damage with every hit—given that this is a third of most of our team's Stagger Resist, it's a very big deal when it goes off. Rose has another passive as well, letting her deal 13 True Damage on a 10% chance any time she's hitting from a Speed Die of 4 or higher. All of these passives can go off at the same time, so if we're really unlucky we could be taking 23 bonus damage and 13 bonus Stagger damage from one hit.

Lesti, meanwhile, gets +1 Strength/Endurance after a turn without using pages. This does include the cooldown turn after using Overcharge, but in practice she's the most manageable of the trio to deal with.

Some of us took heavy damage… Angela, it might be best to have a backup prepared, in case the worst…

I've already done so.

You can give it all you've got, Hod. If you get killed, we'll play cleanup.

That's comforting to know.

Music: HodBattle02

So you're the ones who handled the others so cleanly…

Why, they're not so scary at all.

Not scary? You said that just one of those town things took out sixteen of your agents, right?

Nosy little flies on the wall, aren't you?

I just thought you should know… that we faced one too. And we beat it without a single casualty.

So you're stronger than you look…

Darn right! Our Wings can't even be compared.

Oh? And what do you all have to do with a Wing?

Um… Elle. I think we should have kept that to ourselves.

I guess the intimidation failed, huh? Worth a try.

Could this be a big deal, actually? When we get out of here, we can tell everyone.

:sigh: We'll just have to make sure that can't happen.

That's a unique fighting style. Using devices that generate your Singularity on your hands and feet?

Our… Singularity?

Seems you guys aren't as all-knowing as you claim.

You mean that isn't W-Corp's Singularity?!

Why would I tell you?

Right. Since we'll be reading all about it soon enough there isn't much point.

Gh!

Hey Ma'am! Sorry to interrupt, but did you want to get in on the gopchang-jeongol after this? Sen says he's buying.

I never… agreed to that.

Focus. If you've got time to talk, use it to tear them apart.

:v: I got one!

See? If you focus, the job goes easier.

Sorry, ma'am…

Switch, are you okay?

The entire silk-weaver's guild is tapdancing in my brain, and I'd prefer it go elsewhere…

I think he's talking about Spider Bud's protection? I got it, don't worry.

He's fine, then.

Alright. Medea, let's take the others. Elle, can you handle Rose?

I'll do you one better. I'll take out the one in the back that hurt Switch before.

If you think you can, I'll believe in you.

Getting a bit cocky, aren't you? We're trained professionals.

Now that we've got Counter dice on our hands, we don't have to worry about taking one-sided damage as much anymore. Rose is aiming directly at us, but Elle's high Speed and access to Counters means we can ignore her without taking damage.

I wasn't expecting a stab from an axe…

No one ever does. S'why it always works.

I've got the one that knocked Switch for a loop! They won't be doing anything!

Troublesome kid, aren't you?

Wait… that body.

You noticed. It's one of those puppets, yep.

I see. Then our path forward's clear.

Sen, Lesti. I'm authorizing removing the limiter.

I'm not really charged up yet…

I'm with you, ma'am. Let's make it big.

Rip Space is a page exclusive to the three named WARP Cleanup Crew members, and it's a doozy. When used, it burns all stacks of Charge that the user has, and for each charge burned there's a 9.9% chance that it works properly, to a maximum of 99% odds at 10 Charge. If it works properly, all the dice get +8 Power. If it fails, the user takes 20 damage.

Late in the development cycle a battle symbol for Rose's hat was added for managing to hit the 1% failure chance for using Rip Space at 10 Charge.

We will probably not be getting this symbol.

Anyways, it's big and we're going to get hurt.

Hey Eltie, Meds, be careful. Those two have done something with their weapon, and I don't like it.

We're the only ones who haven't taken a beating so far. It's better if it hits us.

Yeah… We'll be fine.

Smack once to charge it up… then twist the handle to the left and…

BAM! Ahh man, this is even more awesome outside of training!

That'd be the adrenaline talking.

That sword technique is absurd…

Thank you.

While we're talking about page-dependent battle symbols, it's also possible to get Bamboo-hatted Kim's hat as a battle symbol. It requires us using To Claim Their Bones twice in a single reception. Because that requires losing two clashes with Yield My Flesh, we probably won't be getting it either.

I was complimenting whoever you stole it from.

Even when I knew it was coming, I thought I was about to be ripped in half…

On the upside, I've handled the one that hurt Switch!

Thank you, Elle.

Sen, I think? Please wait there for a moment.

Not… good.

We underestimated how dirty they were going to play.

We're not playing dirty, this is all above-board!

Oh, you think so?

On the next turn Rose plays Leap, the final page out of the WARP Cleanup Crew's books. It's got a pair of decent dice, but most importantly if the user has 3 Charge it lets them draw 2 pages in exchange for them. This gives Charge a very useful page-drawing tool, as it can be played after a page that gives us 3 or more Charge and be able to get the effect off in a single turn.

You're luring in the desperate and killing them one by one. Then, you steal their bodies and fight using techniques in combinations nobody in the City would expect.

It's no wonder you beat one of those stitched-together monsters. You're no different, at your core.

I can't say that you're incorrect.

Not to mention how our attacks keep getting intercepted along the way… You've got a number of other tricks you haven't mentioned, all designed to screw us.

She's really perceptive…

It doesn't take much to realize something is off with you people.

Wait a sec, ma'am… they were cheating this whole time?!

It's not 'cheating' if it's how the rules are intended to work.

They're… too… fast..! I can't take it anymore! I just wanted to work somewhere that paid out and have a comfy life!

Sorry, Lesti. That's not going to be possible.

So you've accepted it, then?

Of course not. But what else can we do now but die at the company's order?

I can understand it. Boss tells you to go, you go. They tell you to help, you help. They tell you to die, you die.

I don't need your sympathy.

Alright.

Have my farewells, then.

Rose..!

There's no time to worry about her, Lesti. We have to—

No worries. She won't be thinking anymore, now.

So it's just me, huh…

You seemed somewhat fond of each other. Limiting your time apart is the most kindness we can give in this place.

I just want to go home. We were only coworkers, after all…

Sorry! Not an option.

It's finally over. Let's clean up the mess.

I can't wait to read these books later… I want to see what the W Corp Singularity really is.

As our introduction to the Charge mechanic, WARP Cleanup Crew is a relatively simple combat that gets the idea of their decks across. Outside of Overcharge, Ripple, and Rip Space, they don't have any real offensive presence to speak of—though this isn't really their fault. By the time we fight them, there's no way to avoid having the pages from Puppets, and at this point we're basically set to cruise control through the normal encounters for the rest of the chapter. They'll certainly Stagger and maybe even defeat a Librarian or two, but they're not a mechanically taxing fight.

Music: Result

You did it! Can I call dibs on the books?

Nope.

Aww…

There, there. I'm sure they weren't using real magic, anyways~

Good to see you haven't lost your touch, Meds.

Not right now, Sweet Pea, I'm busy. …Miss Hod, don't take what she said about being a monster too seriously, okay?

You don't need to worry about me, Medea. I've let go of worrying too much about what others think of me.

But not us, right?

Of course, Elle.

VIDEO
Music: Lobby

Though it would collapse in an entirely different way.

…I know this is an odd time to ask, but about the plan that took place in Lobotomy Corporation, the one that made you go through countless repeats… Was L Corp’s disintegration part of it, too?

In a way. The finale of that plan was to share the enlightenment gained from that cycle with the people of the City, sacrificing L Corp. as a whole.

L Corp’s insane suicide plan succeeded somehow, huh…

No. The plan failed spectacularly, actually. I ruined it.

What? But, didn’t the ‘White Nights and Dark Days’ happen as a result of i—

I never said the plan was a success, now did I? I only said it was over.

…What do you exactly mean by “ruining” it.

Remember what I said about my creator? How he birthed me on a whim, and renounced me when I didn’t meet his arbitrary expectations? The sabotage was my modest little revenge on him for imprisoning me in the million-year cycle of reciting the same script over and over underground, and a small gift for myself. I couldn’t bear to see his plan succeed with my two eyes.

Perhaps?

There’s no need for me to care so much about others in the City, no?

…You’re right about that.

Now that we've completed the far right branch, we've unlocked Yesod's fourth Abnormality Battle. Like with Index, we've also hit the end of the road right now.

Thank goodness we're finally all done with that. Train arcs are the worst.

You mean training arcs. It's training arcs that are the worst.

There's a difference?

Next time, on Library of Ruina

"Where does one go when they die?"

:pipe:

Ceci n'est pas une pipe.

Videos

WARP Cleanup Crew 2

New Key Pages

New Combat Pages

Rose/Sen/Lesti Exclusive:

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jun 12, 2022

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

MetaMeme posted:

Let's not start pointing fingers now, like who exposed who's mod and who got who probed and who is posting fanart because they find think its funny to add extra work onto who's plate.
It's all water under the bridge, probably

You set the bridge on fire, MetaMeme. It is literally burning and now we are all about to drown. :colbert:

TheDoomkitten posted:

I've been lurking on this LP for a while now (after giving up at Gebura's triple Aleph mission in LobCorp and reading the LP instead, a decision which I'm pretty sure was more net fun overall than banging my head against the brick wall of mid-to-late-game LobCorp), and I've found both this thread and the last LP a delight. They've seriously brightened—and ate most of—my day for the past few weeks, and actually gave me the itch to give making my own "fanart" a try. For a given value of fanart.

Speaking of, before I get to posting it: are the thread's resident artists okay with me using crops of their pieces for card art? Specifically for the nuggets, I've been making an effort to use official art for canon stuff so it'd feel weird to just drop the battle sprites onto the nuggets' cards and call it a day, but I don't want to use art without permission for the reasons the thread has just gone over.

I don't know what possible use you could have for stick figures, but I don't have any issue with my art being used.

Tatters
Jan 29, 2020
I recall from my own playthroughs that I didn't get a whole lot of use out of Charge until endgame, though I did run a Rip Space setup on Rose for a bit. The Charge stuff I like wont be coming up for a while, sadly.

This also marks the conclusion of my favorite little storyline in the game, at least for now. RIP Lesti, the goodest girl of the tier.

oobitydoo
Oct 1, 2021
Yay WARP crew! I definitely used charge for the rest of the game

Unrelated, can we have an intervention for TeeQueue? I'm taking so much white damage seeing those happy faces on Today's Shy Look!

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

TheDoomkitten posted:

permission granted for my stuff, so long as it stays within the context of this LP / thread. Now I really want to go back and redraw the earlier portraits, just to bring them in line with more recent works

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Some pretty bad keypages today, but more importantly we have a new archetype! Charge is a very interesting beast...though outside of the excellent Cycle/Leap draw engine (that is, sadly, made obsolete by Singleton for the immediate future) most of these cards are pretty bad - especially since you need to go through Puppets to get here. Charge isn't going to be good outside of the drawtech for a while, and before that point it's basically outdone by Singleton.

New Key Pages

Quantum Leap, Dimensional Sections and Refraction are passives you put on nuggets using cards like Opportunity Spotted to farm negative emotion coins so they can actually do some damage once in a blue moon if you make a one-sided attack. They're not actually something you should seriously use, a 10%/5% chance of going off is pretty bad. Since Rose's page is made up entirely of these and none of the others have Speed, I cannot recommend actually using any of these keypages.

Lesti's Reaction Force is interesting, but in practice there's exactly one keypage in the game that'll get good use out of it.

In general, these are some keypages that'll go straight to the bin without a second glance. They don't even interact with their own mechanics like Burn and Bleed's keypages do!

New Combat Pages

Pretty good card for defensive builds with those two frontloaded high-roll defensives for only 1 cost, but not actually that useful for charge decks.

HOLY poo poo LOOK AT THOSE ROLLS, HOW IS THIS AN URBAN NIGHTMARE CAR-oh look it stuns you next turn. Absolutely not worth using because of that massively crippling downside, though if you had some way to become immune to status effects...

Now, this is a very good card, and if you're using Charge seriously at this point in the game this is gonna be the centerpiece of your deck...but I'd kinda just rather use Forceful Gesture instead of this? Big numbers like these just kinda win clashes to the point where making them even bigger is pointless, that weak dodge dice means you'll be eating a hit 90% of the time oh wait I forgot about the charge effect lol, 5-8 dodge die is actually pretty solid but not really worth losing a use of Leap for? - and I'd rather draw a card and inflict -1 power and speed to an enemy than just inflict a flat -2 speed.

Two uses of Leap for two cost. Pretty meh outside of the charge gain with decent rolls. Maybe if you were using some kind of madcap Leap build on Kim?

These are the most important cards of the set. A pretty potent light-draw engine, each use of Energy Cycle gives you a use of Leap. Leap is 2/3rds of a Will of the Prescript for 1/3rd the cost, and doesn't force you to use Singleton. Very, very nice. Leap's the card to watch here really, since as we get better Charge-gain cards in the future Energy Cycle will become obsolete, but there's nothing quite like Leap so it's a common sight in endgame Charge decks. If you're using a Charge at this point in the game, it's almost certainly for Leap.

Rose/Sen/Lesti Exclusive:
Since the W-Corp janitors are bad, I won't bother commenting on this. I will note that I'd rather use Leap three times than this once, however.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jun 11, 2022

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
I rather like their cards artwork. It looks do cool. Their weapons are really cool as well, Especially Rose's. She just beat up dudes with her fists and legs.

The fight is luck based though. Between their very high roll and chance to deals massive damage, you could get wiped out if you're unlucky. It's why you have 2 Floors to work with.

A combo of Overcharge and Rip Space on the same turn will absolutely melts your enemy. It's a good high risk-high reward combo.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rest In Peace, Space

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

TeeQueue posted:

…What do you exactly mean by “ruining” it.

Remember what I said about my creator? How he birthed me on a whim, and renounced me when I didn’t meet his arbitrary expectations? The sabotage was my modest little revenge on him for imprisoning me in the million-year cycle of reciting the same script over and over underground, and a small gift for myself. I couldn’t bear to see his plan succeed with my two eyes.[/i]

Perhaps?

There’s no need for me to care so much about others in the City, no?

…You’re right about that.
And so the shoe finally drops for Roland...

This chapter was a mean one plot-wise. We're reminded that Angela and the Library's practices are just as cruel and unsympathetic as the rest of the City's, and note the reaction of Lesti in the chapter's prologue -- she's unfazed but the mountain of gore on her first day of the job, but breaks down into tears upon learning she's been drafted into fighting the Library, meaning it's well and truly developed a reputation of being a deathtrap. If you've been glossing over it before, this is where the game gives you a stern demonstration that We Are Not The Good Guys and are perhaps even more twisted than some of the jerks we've fought.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 11, 2022

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

GilliamYaeger posted:

Some pretty bad keypages today

And this is how we know GilliamYaeger has terrible taste. All three of the Warp Cleanup Crew have great aesthetic, and their passives may one day let us try our hands at shenanigans, which we all know are better than raw usefulness.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Materant posted:

And this is how we know GilliamYaeger has terrible taste. All three of the Warp Cleanup Crew have great aesthetic, and their passives may one day let us try our hands at shenanigans, which we all know are better than raw usefulness.
It'd be a different story if Rose's sweet hat wasn't a literal 1% drop :v:

(it needs you to flub Rip Space with 10 charge, which has a 99% chance of success)

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

TeeQueue posted:

Late in the development cycle a battle symbol for Rose's hat was added for managing to hit the 1% failure chance for using Rip Space at 10 Charge.

Guess who got that on the first Rip Space of his last playthrough? :shepface:

Also gonna very much disagree with Gilliam here, the charge archetype is one of my favorites and Rose does not leave my party for quite a while. Overcharge is insanely powerful at just deleting a guy and if you have 5 light you can Overcharge into Rip Space. Who cares if you miss a turn with one nugget if they've taken out an enemy in exchange for the stun?

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
One use for Overcharge at this point in the game is on a sacrificial floor with Full-Stop passives. If you are already committed to doing maximum damage in a single turn, might as well go all in.

Another is using it as a "get out of Mass Attack Free*" card.
*terms and conditions apply

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Leap is the first draw 2 card we've found and is totally viable to build your deck around, although the order of receptions done here means that it gets overshadowed by Will of the Prescript. The haste it gives is also very good. The rolls are quite weak though, so it becomes much less good against counter dice.

Energy Cycle is similar except even more vulnerable to counter dice because it only restores Light on a hit.

Overcharge might seem really bad but it has another secret use that people haven't yet mentioned: You can use Brawl to copy those absurd dice, but without the Immobilization downside.

Rip Space is great when it goes off but you do need a Charge surplus for it to be good, and also you only get one use since Rose is the only decent page that can use it. Note that since it gains the huge +power in an On Use effect, it is incredibly bad at blocking Mass Attacks.

Rose's key page is fine, yeah. All the X% chance of Y damage passives add up, especially in longer battles. Dealing 10+ damage to a boss which has Endured/Ineffective/Immunity to damage is a lot, and a 10% chance isn't that low when you're throwing out 3-5 hits a turn.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

SL the Pyro posted:

If you've been glossing over it before, this is where the game gives you a stern demonstration that We Are Not The Good Guys and are perhaps even more twisted than some of the jerks we've fought.

I know this has sort have been hashed out before but in the City by any of our own standards, nobody are the good guys. It's sort of a moot point to say the Library clearly isn't because it's just the norm. Everyone is just selfishly trying to survive and unable to have dreams or idealism, which was the entire thrust of why the Lob Corp plan existed in the first place.

I also don't think this is where it's clear, if you are at all familiar with the Lob Corp ending then it's pretty obvious from the start the Library is a very selfish creation of Angela's and not meant to be a 'good guys' thing at all imo. I've come into the LP (mostly) blind and even the starting sequence it's pretty clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Have you all considered that Ayin sucks and Angela is just being #girlboss?