Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Washout posted:

Fill the music player with notes and mute it. Then it's super easy to maintain invis and speed.

Fill the music player with as many off-beat notes as possible. Warframe has no votekick option, bring on the noise pollution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

wid posted:

Although it might be a neat mechanic to possess an enemy for a couple of seconds before they explode or something.

Dashing trough enemies as Operator has effects on them based on your focus school. Not as cool but its close to your idea.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Is there a tried and true way to farm lots of credits? I am just constantly going broke buying blueprints I need and all.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

sexpig by night posted:

Is there a tried and true way to farm lots of credits? I am just constantly going broke buying blueprints I need and all.

Ask goons to drag you through the Index. Alternately, Dark Sectors give a big credit bonus.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

And Tyler Too! posted:

Fill the music player with as many off-beat notes as possible. Warframe has no votekick option, bring on the noise pollution.

You can mute other Octavias in the options menu :v:

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

sexpig by night posted:

Ceres semeni is usually the go-to for new players.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

And Tyler Too! posted:

I'm gonna try and do that twangy Japanese music from samurai flicks

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

RFC2324 posted:

I'm gonna try and do that twangy Japanese music from samurai flicks

please do

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

RossCo posted:

I'm not sure I'll take Octavia to too many endlesses though, only having one song can get a little wearing.

this is why i got it

welcome to endless euro house hell, goons

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Vaulted reliics can sell and sell well

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop

m.hache posted:

First time playing in years so I started a new account. Found myself getting a headache within the opening mission. I've never had that happen before.

Is there some sort of setting I can toggle to help with this? Is this a known problem?

Count Uvula posted:

You probably want to disable motion blur and bloom.

I don't get a headache, but I have noticed that my eyes absolutely piss with water sometimes when I'm playing this. I've been assuming I was just forgetting to blink enough, but I'm going to try turning those off and see if it helps!

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

And turn the lights in your room on if they're not already. Bright screen plus dark room is a recipe for eye strain-induced headaches in general.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Helter Skelter posted:

And turn the lights in your room on if they're not already. Bright screen plus dark room is a recipe for eye strain-induced headaches in general.

Yeah that's the next thing to try. It was just really weird. I was tweaking the Mhz settings since I have a 144hz monitor. Mouse started moving much better once I vSynced up to 144 but I started getting a headache almost immediately.

Bringing it back down to 60Hz seems to have made it better but the damage was already done and I had to step away.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Poundland Baro is here, and he's brought his finest barrel scrapings.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i was excited about the machete wraith at first and considered buying it, but then i realized that it's strictly worse than my machete zaw in every way except attack speed and my zaw has nearly 3x the base damage on top of the better supplemental stats

lmao

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I mean.... You'll get MR from it? :V

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
This seems like the worst Baro haul since I've been playing. Eos Prime is cool I guess.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
After being too low level to access the last Baro visit I was pretty hyped for this.

Aaaaaaaand no longer. At least I got the frame blueprint.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I guess I'll try and grab the machete and the armor set but oof. Impact mods? Maybe if they make the standard damage mods calculate damage like the elemental types.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The impact mods are very good on a few very specific weapons. Worth it if you're an obsessive min-maxer like me, otherwise this is an easy Baro to skip.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Pretty sure the impact mods are dropped by the teralyst.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Xaerael posted:

I mean.... You'll get MR from it? :V

i could probably pick up something better for over 400 ducats and 250k credits if i just want a single weapon to level

de really needs to go back and do some kind of actual balance pass on older weapons to make them worth a poo poo. 45 base damage, 10% status and nonexistent crit do not make for a good melee weapon.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Baro having a garbage sale every now and then is good because that means you actually get to stock up on ducks instead of having to scramble to get everything.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Having no good actual gameplay items is nice because it means I will spend my eventual 285 ducats on cosmetic items instead of prime mods that I won't take past rank 6 for a year.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How do I do this Razorback quest thing? Is it easy to do? a Potato is yummy.

I already have the mods from Baro, the Wraith Machete doesn't interest me much (is it any good?) so I get to save up for now.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Well to get keys to do the actual event thing you first have to farm archwing missions on either Jupiter or Neptune.
Once you've grafted a Razorback Cipher, you can do the event mission which is a boss fight. The Razorback boss is kind of a giant souped-up Jackal, but it's invincible until you defeat and hack a bursa which will make it temporarily vulnerable.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

So will I need three of the Ciphers to get that event reward? One per mission?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Flipswitch posted:

How do I do this Razorback quest thing? Is it easy to do? a Potato is yummy.

I already have the mods from Baro, the Wraith Machete doesn't interest me much (is it any good?) so I get to save up for now.

You have all the details in the mail the lotus sent you but in summary :

1- Run the Archwing mission on Jupiter or Neptune (i recommend Neptune). A new item drop from enemies in these missions : CRYPTOGRAPHIC ALU (One neptune mission usually give 3-8 of them)

2 - Accumulate at least 4 CRYPTOGRAPHIC ALU and then craft the Razorback Cypher at your ship foundry

3 - Run the Razorback Armada Mission

4- Go to the boss. Go directly to the boss. The mobs in the level are hard hitting and have a lot of eximus with them. If you can hold your own agaist the mobs the boss will be no problem. If you have trouble with the mobs get in a group and just move fast.

The boss shield is invulnerable (grey shield). To drop his shield you must :

a) Hack the consoles in the boss room to lower the laser barriers to release the Bursas (Bursi ?) in the Arena. Once the laser is down they will always jump down if you give them a little time. DO NOT go to the Bursa little platform behind the laser fence. Once the laser fence get back up you will be trapped there and constantly get knocked on your rear end.

b) kill then hack the released Bursas. They will then attack the Razorback and lower his shield. All Bursas in the arena get destroyed when the shield go down.

Repeat a & b untill the razorback shield fail.

c) Unload all you got on the Razorback. After a few seconds his invulnerable shield will go back up, So repeat step a & b as necessary

d) Extract.

You need to do the whole thing 3 time to get the reward.

The boss is not that tough with a full group. I have seen it get killed after its first shield drop most of the time.

Step (a) & (b) can be trivialised if you bring a Nyx and a few regular cypher. Just release a Bursa and mind control It. Since it has full health and Shield it will be able to do a lot more damage to the Razorback shield before getting busted.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
The Ki'teer Solstice Syandana is extremely good (fully colorable and two metallic channels) if you want to look fashionable. I'm getting that and the Sentinel stuff since they're quite good as well.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Count Uvula posted:

You probably want to disable motion blur and bloom.

It’s not Warframe without all the effects turned on and up to the max, if you can see what’s happening you’re doing it wrong

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

aleksendr posted:

DO NOT go to the Bursa little platform behind the laser fence. Once the laser fence get back up you will be trapped there and constantly get knocked on your rear end.

Quick correction: There's a gap between the bursa cage and the spawn point for the crewmen that shoot down. You can get in and out from that gap and bursa can't. Technically you can go up there and kill the bursa THEN open the gate. I actually tend to do a little bit of that if someone is parked on the console platform. Though a bursa ma stay up there after being reprogrammed/get distracted by crewmen spawns.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
You can also teleport switch Loki the bursas directly down to the arena. Much faster, just exit to the left or right.

PS4 plague star time! What was the good poo poo again?

And what should I be spending my quills rep on? I've already bought the armor I like because I'm a terrible person

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Raptor1033 posted:

Much faster, just exit to the left or right.
Nah, just swap with the bursa then go into operator and you get down easy. Operator is real good in that fight in general.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Johnny Joestar posted:

de really needs to go back and do some kind of actual balance pass on older weapons to make them worth a poo poo. 45 base damage, 10% status and nonexistent crit do not make for a good melee weapon.

They've straight up said that they design some weapons to be flat-out worse than others, though it was admittedly before Rivens came along and Very Definitely Fixed the Problem, so I doubt they'll ever make most of the old, garbage weapons any better.

Then again, they made the Sicarus pretty awesome...

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Finally got around to building Limbo, and I have a couple of questions:

1) How do I avoid being "that guy" on missions?
2) How do I go about being "that guy"?

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Avulsion posted:

1) Don't be Limbo
2) Be Limbo

For real though,
1) No idea, except for a for a few missions where you can keep everyone from dieing repeatedly. Such as Marrow, Sedna. 4 or banish everyone before the orbital strikes.

2) Banish everyone repeatedly. Laugh as they rage quit and cry.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Avulsion posted:

1) just try to keep your allies on the same plane as the things they're shooting at, don't freeze time forever
2) put the enemies in the rift where your allies can't get them, or put your allies in the rift and freeze time in the rift so they can't shoot anything

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I really like this dumb stupid game.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Big Ink posted:

1) No idea, except for a for a few missions where you can keep everyone from dieing repeatedly. Such as Marrow, Sedna. 4 or banish everyone before the orbital strikes.
The advent of void crouch makes Limbo useless for this.

Don't play Limbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Avulsion posted:

Finally got around to building Limbo, and

no