Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

So Operation Valkyrie gaVe you a Valiant V and not a Valkyrie? Very good idea to Veer that Valiant V to your Asari Valkyrie for added Versatility, or eVen the Vorcha or the Volus. My Video game Verbosity may Very well Villify your eVening, despite the Verisimilitude of this Very situation.

I can't decide if you should get smacked for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Schubalts posted:

I can't decide if you should get smacked for this.

Verily and vehemently.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Verily and vehemently.

:golfclap:

Now stop, you bastards. :v:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Vsuck my dick.

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!
Unlocked, Shotgun Mastery (my first title). 40 waves from Blood Pack (the one I really wanted).

As soon as I am done with the operation- I will finally get to use the Harrier that dropped this week.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The Valkyrie is the new Eagle.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Tried to solo Silver with my Vorcha Soldier to do the operation. I wiped on Wave 6 and now I have no medi-gel, no money and I'm barely halfway through the challenge.

I think this is about rock bottom for me as far as this game is concerned.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

They really gotta stop using the same names for weapons as they do for classes. First the paladin and now the valkyrie.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Cowcaster posted:

They really gotta stop using the same names for weapons as they do for classes. First the paladin and now the valkyrie.

I can't wait for the Human Engineer assault rifle.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

I'd consider maybe revisiting this assumption - even on platinum fitness is great for reviving teammates, disabling objectives, and playing aggressively. Every class has a power that's marginally less effective than the others whereas damage and health are always useful.

I imagine most people have go-to characters that they spec "optimally" for Platinum and others for having all-purpose fun. On Platinum a certain level of coordination is required and only the best powers are worth your cooldown timer, so you can downgrade or outright skip your suboptimal skills in favor of more passives. When I'm using my Justicar on Platinum, for example, I skip Pull entirely. But Gold difficulty and below can usually be completed by any group composition and 6/6/6/4/4 or 6/6/6/5/3 is the most well-balanced and comfortable spec for most kits, unless you are going weapon heavy or are a Vanguard.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

randombattle posted:

I can't wait for the Human Engineer assault rifle.

I'm waiting for them to introduce the Eagle Eagle myself.

Eagle being the next race they add to the game of course.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cowcaster posted:

I'm waiting for them to introduce the Eagle Eagle myself.

Eagle being the next race they add to the game of course.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Raloi

:tinfoil:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

VJeff posted:

Tried to solo Silver with my Vorcha Soldier to do the operation. I wiped on Wave 6 and now I have no medi-gel, no money and I'm barely halfway through the challenge.

I think this is about rock bottom for me as far as this game is concerned.

But you don't have to solo it :confused:

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Psion posted:

I think the N7 Destroyer nerf was to stop you from getting +1 in sniper rifles. I don't really snipe often but can anyone tell me if the hit to Devastator mode reduced you down to stock ammo quantity in the BW/Valiant/Krysae?

This is my theory as well, although I haven't tested it yet. I can say my Typhoon II with extended clip only dropped something negligible for ammo, maybe 104 to 94 in the first clip, 214 to 204 total.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Cowcaster posted:

The Paladin and Valkyrie weapons both existed before the multiplayer classes though.

Also the Valkyrie gun is underpowered but will be decent once buffed. It reloads fast and fires quickly but requires a lot of clicking. It has good stability so headshotting is easy.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Do character cards get taken out of boxes if the character they have is at level 20? I've been promoting guys once they hit 20 pretty regularly but my inventory is also pretty devoid of interesting guns and tools and I'm wondering if there's a way to speed it up a bit.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Oct 27, 2012

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Rare characters are supposed to stop happening once they've got their last element (lights or skin tone) unlocked, I think.

This is a new thing for me as it wasn't how it was at launch. Bear in mind though, the game checks for item type before it checks for rarety, so if you have any characters left to unlock that kind of cements a position in your box loot if character comes up.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

Does anyone else see the phoenix characters as having big goofy whale-baleen smiles on their helmets or is that just me.

Well NOW I do

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Eagle III woot

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Got the Valkyrie, and tried it out. It seemed to do OK when I was using it when Soloing bronze with my Havoc and the mooks went from full health to dead, However I think that's only because of all the weapon modifiers and extra headshot damage I specced for. I think if it were at level 3 or 4 then it would be comparable to a Phaeston X in terms of DPS. I didn't realize it was a 2-shot burst, but I think it does fair enough damage per burst for it to be worth clicking every time, unlike the Mattock. Also since I was using a Turian, I'm not sure if Stability is an issue in general or not but there was a small climb after each shot. I personally don't think its anything to write home about and is pretty middle of the line now, but with a few more level upgrades and maybe a buff in the future, it could approach Harrier levels of good, maybe.

Soloing bronze with a Havoc went pretty well, didn't even have to use any consumables except for 1 or 2 missiles just to deal with Primes in groups. I'm now of the opinion that it is better than trying to solo with a Kroguard since your "Get your shields back" button doesn't require any enemies to be around.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Elotana posted:

Eagle III woot

I got an eagle. It seems ok for a pistol I guess, but why isn't it classed as a submachine gun instead? Also I have a paladin so there goes that.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Eagle VII :smug:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Got the Valkyrie and I actually really like it. I get a very Mattock-esque feel from firing it and I think it will tear through stuff once leveled up.

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che
Is there some kind of new bug with shockwave? I was firing it at stationary enemies standing a few meters right in front of me repeatedly and it was sailing right past them. And this was on wave 2, not wave 4 as with the earlier bug.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

jpmeyer posted:

Is there some kind of new bug with shockwave? I was firing it at stationary enemies standing a few meters right in front of me repeatedly and it was sailing right past them. And this was on wave 2, not wave 4 as with the earlier bug.
It was probably lag. I've had that happen as well.

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

Paracelsus posted:

It was probably lag. I've had that happen as well.

Thought it could have been lag, so I started a solo bronze game and it still happened.

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!
Crusader V and Blood Pack complete- darn good night, pulled a Talon V as well.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Cowcaster posted:

I got an eagle. It seems ok for a pistol I guess, but why isn't it classed as a submachine gun instead? Also I have a paladin so there goes that.

That's like asking why the Saber isn't a sniper, or why the Indra isn't an AR. It's the whole point of the gun to be in a different category. It lets you put different mods on things.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

jpmeyer posted:

Thought it could have been lag, so I started a solo bronze game and it still happened.
Unless you take the appropriate upgrade each burst also has a teensy tiny radius that means you have to be pretty much pinpoint accurate with it. Could that be it?

Felinoid posted:

That's like asking why the Saber isn't a sniper, or why the Indra isn't an AR. It's the whole point of the gun to be in a different category. It lets you put different mods on things.
Look man useless pedantry is all I have don't ruin this for me :qq:

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 27, 2012

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I still can't believe they led up the Valkyrie by saying they were releasing a "much anticipated new class". Did anyone at all see that great big list and immediately go "sweet, an asari sentinel!"

Not that she's a bad class but she's kind of boring when there's stuff like the drell assassin and geth soldier sitting there on the sidelines. I really thought we were getting the drell. :(

Also, a lot of the internet seems to spec Vorcha Sentinel 60666. Am I crazy or is that a terrible way to do things?

SurreptitiousMuffin fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Oct 27, 2012

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Skipping flamer is a terrible thing to do. It's a great skill.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I can't understand why anyone would skip Flamer in favor of Carnage. Flamer is pretty much Carnage+++++.

I went with both so I could fireburst with myself but if I've got a burst buddy my preference is Flamer.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Skipping flamer on vorcha is almost as bad of an idea as skipping overload on Ghost. Or charge on Kroguard. Cloak on an infiltrator. etc.

e: also Crusader V :jerkbag: great thanks for nothing. Someone tell Bioware to let us trade promo guns so I can get a Valkryie.

Psion fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Oct 27, 2012

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
Man, I get my commendation pack, and I think to myself, "Today is the day they give me a hurricane, I can just feel it. 4 Valiants, 4 Crusaders, and 3 Eagles, surely the merciful RNG will grant me just one Hurricane. OH man, another Valiant, er, what....Valkyrie, N7 Assult Rifle." :shepicide:

Seriously, do we really need yet another Assault rifle, let alone another one to saturate the weekend pack pool?

Still, are they now doing these things weekly? I thought we just did an event last week. One day, one day I will have that sweet, sweet fart-gun.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Yeah, weekend events are weekly now.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I went with 6/6/6/4/4 for the vorcha sentinel and he was the first character I completed for the Blood Pack challenge (I have the kroguard done now too!). I had no trouble staying alive on Gold except against Geth. With Flamer and the new fire explosions a well placed cluster can light up a whole mob like the drell Reave combo.

Also yeah, releasing the sentinel was a bit of a :flaccid: after saying it was one people really wanted. I don't think anybody really gave a poo poo about the krogan adept either.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Tried out the Asari Sentinel but I'm really not feeling it - I can't figure out what it can do that a Human Sentinel or a Fury can't do much better.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Two matches with the Gethfiltrator using a Crusader VII on Silver completed the challenge. Probably could have done it in one on Gold.

Hurricane V :whatup:

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Seemlar posted:

Tried out the Asari Sentinel but I'm really not feeling it - I can't figure out what it can do that a Human Sentinel or a Fury can't do much better.

It adds another 200-wave achievement to Commando Mastery. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Seemlar posted:

Set Warp for "Expose" and Annihilation Field to "Damage Taken" and watch as things die really fast from 2 debuffs at once.

• Locked thread