Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I was thinking expose bottom for the group pierce, even though they only have shield 1. That may come in handy for the lurkers later so I'm not sure I'd want to set up the top now and lose out on the pierce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Lurkers are friends not food

Just talk to them, no need to fight.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

dwarf74 posted:

Lurkers are friends not food

Just talk to them, no need to fight.

As the song says, the look like crabs and taste like people.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

If Letty and Boris can get off the slimes I can pull aggro better and use my damage reflect more effectively.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

We can move Boris away instead of using the pierce 2 doom bottom if they are attacking, we should be fast enough to get clear.

The oozes have ranged attacks though so I don't think they trigger your spikes if they move away (or if they push you away). We'll have much more fun with our friends the crab-people later.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

bagrada posted:

We can move Boris away instead of using the pierce 2 doom bottom if they are attacking, we should be fast enough to get clear.

The oozes have ranged attacks though so I don't think they trigger your spikes if they move away (or if they push you away). We'll have much more fun with our friends the crab-people later.
RG has a few ways to muddle/immobilize to keep ranged enemies closer.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Detonation bottom on Ooze 2 + Expose top for rest of scenario, go on 54.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Shrine of the Depths, Round 2A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

ROUND REVEAL posted:

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in red, while lost cards will be marked in purple. Cards in the active slot will be marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there.

Letty Van Halen (Hand7, Discarded2, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 8 with Echoing Aria and Defensive Ditty.

8. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (Omobono) posted:

code:
ECHOING ARIA (08) [Lvl3]
TOP: Song - Persistent Bonus: All allies gain RETALIATE2, Range2 - Gain XP1 at the beginning of each of your turns. When another Song is played, discard this card.
BOT: Round Bonus: SHIELD2, Affect all allies withing Range3 - XP1.

DEFENSIVE DITTY (09) [Lvl1]
TOP: Song - Persistent Bonus: SHIELD1, Affect all allies - Gain XP1 at the beginning of each of your turns. When another Song is played, discard this card.
BOT: Round Bonus: the next time any ally within Range2 suffers damage this Round, they suffer no damage instead - XP1.
Kir Kanos (Hand8, Discarded1, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 10 with Shield of the Desert and Flaming Sickle.

10. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (AtomikKrab) posted:

code:
SHIELD OF THE DESERT (10) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Consume FIRE: add Template - Consume LIGHT: +1ATK, PUSH1, XP1
BOT: SHIELD3 - Generate FIRE and LIGHT - XP1 - LOSS

FLAMING SICKLE (63) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range2, PULL1 - Generate FIRE
BOT: All adjacent enemies suffer 1 damage - LOOT1 - Generate FIRE
Boris (Hand10, Discarded2, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 13 with Expose and Detonation.

13. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
EXPOSE (13) [Lvl2]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: You gain Advantage on one attack each turn targeting a Doomed enemy - All enemies lose INVISIBLE and may no longer gain INVISIBLE - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - You and all allies gain PIERCE2 on all your attacks targeting this enemy - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card.

DETONATION (54) [Lvl1]
TOP: Create one 3 Damage trap in an adjacent empty hex - All enemies adjacent to this trap suffer 2 Damage when the trap is sprung - when the trap is sprung by an enemy - LOSS
BOT: Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - When this enemy dies, all enemies adjacent to the hex in which it died suffer 3 Damage - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card.

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Oozes :argh:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The oozes are just rolling maximum troll cards.

So I am going to do the aoe and make fire, then use fire to template aoe and damage down some slime.

Letty probably wants to run away or she is going to get sniped by 3 elite oozes.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Another good subtitle for the thread, btw.

For those who don't know, Frosthaven "minimum contribution" tier on the kickstarter (1$) was called "Slay an Ooze" with the promise that Isaac would do exactly that in your name. There are several videos on his channel from something similar done during the GH 2nd edition kickstarter as well.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

The oozes are just rolling maximum troll cards.

So I am going to do the aoe and make fire, then use fire to template aoe and damage down some slime.

Letty probably wants to run away or she is going to get sniped by 3 elite oozes.
You can't consume an element you are generating on your turn - since the element is generated at the end of your turn. I assume you are talking about using fire the next Round, but just in case :)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

That Italian Guy posted:

You can't consume an element you are generating on your turn - since the element is generated at the end of your turn. I assume you are talking about using fire the next Round, but just in case :)

Yes, I am going to stamina potion up my cards again.

Wait i'm getting pushed, my clever plan will fail.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Apr 3, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

This turn's soundtrack: Friends on the Other Side.

Because gently caress oozes.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
lol the push card, of course.

Couple of cool attack 6's plus a bonus this round, nbd :v:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

AtomikKrab posted:

Wait i'm getting pushed, my clever plan will fail.

Oozes! :argh:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Right now, 1, 2 and 4 (normal) will focus Kir, 5 will focus me.
I don't see a way to make 2 focus Boris, so my play is full shield 3, even if it won't protect me.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I got outvoted on saving the pierce doom for an elite crab so Chili's play of set up expose top and throw the explosive doom on ooze 2? Maybe we can blow them up next turn before they scatter. We can heal off the poison with moment's peace later.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Shrine of the Depths, Round 2B

- None!

8. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (Omobono) posted:

- Letty Van Halen uses Echoing Aria (bot)! Round Bonus: SHIELD2, Affect all allies withing Range3 - XP1. Gains 1XP.
- Letty Van Halen uses Defensive Ditty (top)! Song - Persistent Bonus: SHIELD1, Affect all allies - Gain XP1 at the beginning of each of your turns. When another Song is played, discard this card.

- Kir Kanos uses Flaming Sickle (bot)! Ooze 2(E) suffers 1 damage! Ooze 4(s) suffers 1 damage!
Ooze 2(E) is at 10 HP.
Ooze 4(s) is at 8 HP.
- Kir Kanos uses Shield of the Desert (top)! Attacks Ooze 2(E) for 3 (3base, +1mod, SHIELD1) damage!
Ooze 2(E) is at 7 HP
FIRE is now strong.

13. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (The Goonmind) posted:

- Boris uses Detonation (bot)! Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - When this enemy dies, all enemies adjacent to the hex in which it died suffer 3 Damage - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card.
- Boris uses Expose (top)! Persistent Bonus: You gain Advantage on one attack each turn targeting a Doomed enemy - All enemies lose INVISIBLE and may no longer gain INVISIBLE

85. Oozes posted:

- Ooze 1(E) focuses Kir Kanos! Attacks Kir Kanos for 1 (5base, -1mod, SHIELD3, SHIELD1 (Chainmail)) damage.
Kir Kanos is at 16 HP. and is POISONED!
- Ooze 2(E) focuses Kir Kanos! PUSH1 Kir Kanos to E2! Kir Kanos is POISONED! Attacks Kir Kanos for 1 (5base, -1mod, SHIELD3, SHIELD1 (Chainmail), POISON) damage.
Kir Kanos is at 15 HP. and is POISONED!
- Ooze 5(E) focuses Letty Van Halen! PUSH1 Boris to G3! Boris is POISONED! Letty Van Halen is POISONED Attacks Letty Van Halen with DISADVANTAGE for 0 (5base, NULL/-2mod, POISON) damage.
- Ooze 4(s) focuses Kir Kanos! Attacks Kir Kanos for 3 (4base, +2'mod, SHIELD3, SHIELD1 (Chainmail), POISON) damage. Chainmail is SPENT!

It's been a while since we've had a tanky boi around...By the way, there were A TON of different PUSH results, I've picked the one that maximizes hugging and having the most Oozes focus the RG, but please let me know if you'd like any of the other possible results!

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- The Monsters's deck is shuffled!
- FIRE is now waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

By the way, I'd like to major stamina potion all my discards.

I'm keeping the shield song up, repositioning and what's better here, disarming or cursing?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Would like to major stamina pot as well.

Ok so, gonna go fast again, and do some more aoe bashing while I shield myself, if boris can do a big hit on the doomed ooze we might kill it for the explosion.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Omobono posted:

I'm keeping the shield song up, repositioning and what's better here, disarming or cursing?

Probably cursing. We're at good health, with shield and the red guard's spikes, and there's good odds the oozes don't attack.

Are either of you moving rat speed? I vote press the attack for sure, only going at 10 initiative if someone else goes faster or if the red guard ties us but has a faster second card for the tie-breaker. For the second card, maybe Wild Command for another potential attack in case the doomed ooze survives everything else. Moving at 46 would keep our battle goal safer but oozes would have a 1/8 chance of going faster and spreading out.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'm going fast too. Three curses coming up.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Press the Attack top + Wild Command bottom and go fast to ensure the doomed ooze dies and explodes onto its ooze friends?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Missing RG orders :)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I call easter shenanigan's, orders are sent

Boris will not be unhappy

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Shrine of the Depths, Round 3A

- Letty Van Halen uses Major Stamina Potion! Recovers Echoing Aria, Throw Voice and Disorienting Dirge.
- Kir Kanos uses Major Stamina Potion! Recovers Shield of the Desert, Swift Strength and Flaming Sickle.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in red, while lost cards will be marked in purple. Cards in the active slot will be marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there.

Letty Van Halen (Hand8, Discarded0, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 5 with Song of Speed and Singing Arrow.

5. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (Omobono) posted:

code:
SONG OF SPEED (05) [Lvl1]
TOP: Song - Persistent Bonus: All allies add +1MOVE to all of their Move actions and add +1Range to all their ranged Attacks - Gain XP1 at the beginning of each of your turns. When another Song is played, discard this card.
BOT: MUDDLE, Target all enemies within Range4 - XP1.

SINGING ARROW (89) [Lvl1]
TOP: CURSE, Range3, see Template.
BOT: ATK1, Range3 - WOUND
Kir Kanos (Hand9, Discarded0, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 10 with Shield of the Desert and Swift Strength.

code:
SHIELD OF THE DESERT (10) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Consume FIRE: add Template - Consume LIGHT: +1ATK, PUSH1, XP1
BOT: SHIELD3 - Generate FIRE and LIGHT - XP1 - LOSS

SWIFT STRENGTH (16) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range2, Target2, PULL1
BOT: MOVE2, Jump - Round Bonus: SHIELD1.
Boris (Hand8, Discarded2, Active2, Lost0) is acting at initiative 10 with Press the Attack and Wild Command.

10. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
PRESS THE ATTACK (10) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - add +3ATK and XP1 if the target is Doomed.
BOT: RETALIATE2, Range 2.

WILD COMMAND (46) [Lvl5]
TOP: One adjacent summoned ally performs MOVE+0, ATK+0 with you controlling the action.
BOT: MOVE3 - ATK2, Target one Doomed enemy at any Range.

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Repositioning and 3 curses, coming up. Boris can snipe the doomed elite.
Although, we can think about fishing for a kill with Boris' bottom attack first.
It depends on how much HP ooze 2 has after Kir's attack, if it's low we could risk it.

I think I'll move to C3, it's out of range of the normal ooze.

E: this turn's soundtrack: Sonic 2 - Chemical Plant zone

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
oof

it's a good thing we blocked two summons. This is one of their nastiest abilities for a tight room like this.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Fish for that kill, if the ooze explodes boris can snipe a different ooze.

I am going to march up with swift strength, and use shield of the sun to aoe bash both of the injured elites, then boris hopefully finishes off the doomed one, and

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

You'll have retaliate* 2, so as long as ooze 2 drops to 2 HP or below it'll suicide on your spikes.
It'd be an extra 3 base damage attack coming in though. Should we consider the ooze dead or finish it at that point?

*technically not retaliate

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I will have plenty of heal for freshening up later.

If ooze has only 2 hp left then we pick order it attacks, it targets me, hits, wipes on shield and won't go further so boris could then go put his arrow into like the non elite ooze or something.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

He can reach B2 and attack elite 5 with his top, while being out of range from ooze 1 and 4. 5 will focus me anyways with its second shot, lower initiative.
Fun thing is, if 2 explodes 5 is taking 3 damage from the explosion and 2 from your retaliate, so we could manage to murder 2 elites in one turn.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
How’s initiative work on ties? Can we go before Kir Kanos and let him wade into the middle of the oozes after we pop the doomed one, or do we have to go after Kir?

If after Kir, pop doomed ooze, move to I2.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

How’s initiative work on ties? Can we go before Kir Kanos and let him wade into the middle of the oozes after we pop the doomed one, or do we have to go after Kir?

On initiative ties, players before monsters (I think), then lower initiative on the non-leading card, then players decide.
Summons always act at the start* of their summoner's turn.

So Kir (10/16) acts before Boris (10/46).

*technically immediately before their summoner's turn, it matters for elemental infusions.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Omobono posted:

On initiative ties, players before monsters (I think), then lower initiative on the non-leading card, then players decide.
Summons always act at the start* of their summoner's turn.

So Kir (10/16) acts before Boris (10/46).

*technically immediately before their summoner's turn, it matters for elemental infusions.
Yup exactly right.

Dropping 1 ooze means 2 less attacks, so it's a big deal. A whole lot of poison and multitarget getting spread around this turn.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Ok changing this up. Use bottom Wild Command. Don't move, shoot Ooze 2. If not dead, use top Press the Attack on Ooze 2. If dead, use on Ooze 5.

Goonmind - Use a stam potion to regain cards?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Ok changing this up. Use bottom Wild Command. Don't move, shoot Ooze 2. If not dead, use top Press the Attack on Ooze 2. If dead, use on Ooze 5.

Goonmind - Use a stam potion to regain cards?

This sounds good so I'll second it. Maybe use the little potion to get back rain of arrows and press the attack, we want to pop another slime next round.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Shrine of the Depths, Round 3B

- None!

5. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (Omobono) posted:

- Letty Van Halen uses Singing Arrow (top)! CURSES Ooze 1(E), Ooze 2(E), Ooze4(s)!
There are currently 3 CURSES in the monsters' deck.
- Letty Van Halen uses Song of Speed (bot as a basic MOVE2)! Activates Comfortable Shoes. Moves3 to C3.

- Kir Kanos uses Swift Strength (bot)! Moves2 to H2. Round bonus: Gains SHIELD1.
- Kir Kanos uses Shield of the Desert (top)! Consumes FIRE. Attacks Ooze 2(E) for 5 (3base, x2mod, SHIELD1) damage! Attacks Ooze 5(E) for 0 (3base, NULLmod, SHIELD1) damage!
Ooze 2(E) is at 2 HP and is DOOMED.

10. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (The Goonmind) posted:

- Boris uses Wild Command (bot)! Attacks Ooze 2(E) with ADVANTAGE for 2 (2base, +1mod, SHIELD1) damage!
Ooze 2(E) is killed! Ooze 1(E), Ooze 2(E), Ooze4(s) suffer 3 Doom damage! Detonation is discarded.
Ooze 1(E) is at 8 HP.
Ooze 5(E) is at 4 HP.
Ooze 4(s) is at 5 HP.
- Boris uses Press the Attack (top)! Attacks Ooze 5(E) for 2 (2base, +1mod, SHIELD1) damage!
Ooze 5(E) is at 2 HP.
Boris uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Rain of Arrows and Press the Attack.

59. Oozes posted:

- Ooze 1(E) focuses Kir Kanos! Attacks Kir Kanos for 4 (4base, +1mod, SHIELD2, POISON) damage. Attacks Boris for 4 (4base, -1mod, POISON) damage.
Kir Kanos is at 8 HP. and is POISONED!
Boris is at 10 HP. and is POISONED!
- Ooze 5(E) focuses Kir Kanos! Attacks Kir Kanos for 2 (4base, -1mod, SHIELD2, POISON) damage. Ooze 5(E) suffers 2 Shield Spike damage!
Kir Kanos is at 6 HP. and is POISONED!
Ooze 5(E) is killed!
- Ooze 4(s) focuses Kir Kanos! Attacks Kir Kanos for 3 (3base, +1mod, SHIELD2, POISON) damage. Attacks Boris for 4 (3base, +0mod, POISON) damage.
Kir Kanos is at 3 HP. and is POISONED!
Boris is at 6 HP. and is POISONED!

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Kir Kanos's deck is shuffled.

Oozes have been quite tame in the LP till now, but this is why everyone hates them. If they manage to draw their cards in the right order they are absolute BS compared to most other creatures of the same level.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Apr 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Yeesh, should I switch to healing mode?

E: Boris had shield 1 from my song, he should be at 8 HP.