Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Fleeca Job is surprisingly easy. I managed to score platinum as the driver my first time through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The ranks are just a way of informing players who contributed the most to the mission and it's usually heavily lopsided toward one role. In the case of the fleeca bank mission it's the driver.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Extra posted:

The ranks are just a way of informing players who contributed the most to the mission and it's usually heavily lopsided toward one role. In the case of the fleeca bank mission it's the driver.

They're all messed up. I did the Hydra setup mission last night with some pubbies. Had the most kills on the carrier - hell I had the lower hanger pretty much clear by the time they figured out how to get off the dinghy. Then had 7-8 kills in the air and delivered the hydra. I got Bronze.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Powershift posted:

if you're in full screen, alt-tab out and back in and it should fix it. if you're windowed, alt+enter goes full screen, then alt tab to fix, then alt enter to go back to window

Any fix for when "Shift-T" doesn't work to type? It seems to work half the time. it's probably a rockstar bug per usual.

Sorry for the double post that was supposed to be an edit.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Extra posted:

Is there any way to have the game throw you into an invite only session by default?

This scenario happens to me quite frequently:
1.) I'm in an invite only session in my apartment, specifically looking to do an instanced multiplayer mission
2.) Attempt to join game invite
3.) Game is full and or or has left the lobby
4.) GTAV transfers me into a public online session instead of just kicking me back to the invite only session I was just in

Same thing happens when an instanced mission ends and I want to go back to freeroam. There's no option to join a crew only or invite only session until I load into the public one.

It's the one major gripe I have about GTA:O and could easily be solved by having a setting to always move to an invite-only session. Also for the record it's not the fact that I have to interact with other players, it's the loading 20+ other people into the game which takes forever compared to an instant load on an invite-only session.

That has been bothering me since GTAO launched on PS3. If I'm in a solo/invite session it's for a reason, I don't need the game to throw me into pubbie freeroams everytime I'm kicked for idling (which sometimes happens while loading atm :wtc:), because the connection to their servers timed out while loading a mission, after a job, etc. You can make it slightly better by setting matchmaking to closed and enabling the option to remain host after jobs in online settings, but it's not 100% reliable and especially heists will continue to drop you into public sessions or sessions with your heist pubbies often.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Had some fun yesterday with some LLJK members doing heists. I somehow got a full goon heist going by just inviting crew members, we did the prison job (what a loving slog that was). I felt bad about taking 55% while everyone else took 15% so I split it 40/20/20/20 cause goons aren't terrible.

If those 3 other dudes are reading the thread, my in game name was Kodaxx so you can add me if you wanna do it again. Or anyone else I guess. I can aim/drive/and fly pretty well.

(Forgot to say I'm PC in case people are confused)

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Anyone up for some Xbone heists? I've only done the Fleeca job so far, but that was with a pubbie so I'd like to do it again to get the bonus cash for doing it with crew members.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
What kind of loading times are we talking about on PC online? On my PS3, if I'm into an Invite Only session within 30 seconds (or a minute into a regular session) I'm happy. Is it that long, longer, or shorter?

I'm chuggin' along with a Q9400 and GTX 660 right now but I don't have the game yet. I should be upgrading in the next couple months.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Had some fun yesterday with some LLJK members doing heists. I somehow got a full goon heist going by just inviting crew members, we did the prison job (what a loving slog that was). I felt bad about taking 55% while everyone else took 15% so I split it 40/20/20/20 cause goons aren't terrible.

If those 3 other dudes are reading the thread, my in game name was Kodaxx so you can add me if you wanna do it again. Or anyone else I guess. I can aim/drive/and fly pretty well.

(Forgot to say I'm PC in case people are confused)

You should never feel bad about the cut. They are making 20-25k per setup mission and may be up 100k by the time you get to the finale. The math has been done in this thread and considering you're fronting the money and only getting paid at the end the host is perfectly justified with 55%

But There is an achievement (and shirt?) for even splitting 25%

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Come be my friend, PC players!

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/royallthefourth

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

HiriseSoftware posted:

What kind of loading times are we talking about on PC online? On my PS3, if I'm into an Invite Only session within 30 seconds (or a minute into a regular session) I'm happy. Is it that long, longer, or shorter?

I'm chuggin' along with a Q9400 and GTX 660 right now but I don't have the game yet. I should be upgrading in the next couple months.

On an SSD dedicated to GTAV my load times to invite only sessions are in the 20 second range. That includes all the stupid cutscene stuff.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

geeves posted:

You should never feel bad about the cut. They are making 20-25k per setup mission and may be up 100k by the time you get to the finale. The math has been done in this thread and considering you're fronting the money and only getting paid at the end the host is perfectly justified with 55%

But There is an achievement (and shirt?) for even splitting 25%

I figured but I had a kid screaming on mic about splitting evenly at one heist and I didn't know they made that much per heist setup phase.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

In heists I host, everyone gets the same regardless of job. The fact you can skew it so much is pretty lovely when everyone is putting in the same amount of time

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Assuming you have 3 randoms in the finale the host put in 3-4 more stages and the up front cost.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I figured but I had a kid screaming on mic about splitting evenly at one heist and I didn't know they made that much per heist setup phase.

How many times did he die? Personally I would have told him to deal with it and reduced his cut as much as possible.

Once the crew finds each other and "solidifies" heists will get easier to do and you won't have to deal with squeakers like that.

StabMasterArson posted:

In heists I host, everyone gets the same regardless of job. The fact you can skew it so much is pretty lovely when everyone is putting in the same amount of time

As host and fronting the money and dealing with screaming pubbies I don't enjoy making less than everyone else.

If I'm playing with crew / friends or with people who know what they're doing, then I will split more evenly.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I transferred my character from 360 to PC. Hadn't touched it since shortly after the 360 release cause I decided to trade it in almost immediately to wait for the PC version.

Anyway, I had a garage and a car. Once transferred, my car showed up, but seemingly no garage (least none appears on my map). The car has disappeared after doing a heist setup mission (even though I'm only lvl4, thought you had to be lvl12?). Is there anyway to get it back?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Did anybody else get a buttload of money when they logged in?

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Xenaero posted:

Did anybody else get a buttload of money when they logged in?

How much are you talking? I remember when people on PS4 who cheated huge sums of money started getting banned they started offloading all their money on random people.

Haven't logged in yet today, at work.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

geeves posted:

How many times did he die? Personally I would have told him to deal with it and reduced his cut as much as possible.

Once the crew finds each other and "solidifies" heists will get easier to do and you won't have to deal with squeakers like that.

He left like 2m into the heist cause I said no, gently caress yourself (he didn't help on any of the setups or anything either), causing the entire heist to collapse into the "matchmaking" screen again. I hope they change the matchmaking screen and poo poo down the line, its stupid the way it's setup.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I've been trying to get LLJK members invited to heists but it looks like the game isn't even trying, the "your crew" option where you can invite specific members lists maybe 5-10 people at any time, and the only way to get anyone at all to join is by doing auto-invite with open matchmaking which usually gets me a lot of level <12 people who are not only unfamiliar with the heists and the game in general, they lack everything that helps you survive GTA aimbot NPCs better (ie. reserve body armor, snacks, skills to actually hit things you're shooting and sprint longer than five seconds), so they're the first to die. Forget hard mode, these guys usually die a 2nd time before you're halfway through a heist or setup. That's on top of hilarious failures like people committing suicide by parachute, suicide by jumping off buildings or suicide by crashing aircraft.

I managed to beat the prison break heist once and I wasn't even hosting so I'm still stuck there, which is getting really annoying. On the other hand I'm pretty good at flying that damned plane now...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The 1 life thing with heists is really goddamn retarded.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

hellfaucet posted:

How much are you talking? I remember when people on PS4 who cheated huge sums of money started getting banned they started offloading all their money on random people.

Haven't logged in yet today, at work.

Something around 500k, I haven't played for long but I logged off last night around 200 and now I got nearly 700 so...

I didn't preorder either. I mean I'll take it but that seemed real random.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Funky Valentine posted:

Heists are meant to be hard, I think.

That being said I'd really like a one day heist.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Funky Valentine posted:

Agreed it should be 0

orcane posted:

I've been trying to get LLJK members invited to heists but it looks like the game isn't even trying

It just really wants to put chinese players into your group instead.

orcane posted:

I managed to beat the prison break heist once and I wasn't even hosting so I'm still stuck there, which is getting really annoying. On the other hand I'm pretty good at flying that damned plane now...

Add supereurobeat to friends if you're on PC. That goes for anyone else who needs a random goon that wont die on heist finales on any difficulty.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 20, 2015

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

orcane posted:

I've been trying to get LLJK members invited to heists but it looks like the game isn't even trying, the "your crew" option where you can invite specific members lists maybe 5-10 people at any time, and the only way to get anyone at all to join is by doing auto-invite with open matchmaking which usually gets me a lot of level <12 people who are not only unfamiliar with the heists and the game in general, they lack everything that helps you survive GTA aimbot NPCs better (ie. reserve body armor, snacks, skills to actually hit things you're shooting and sprint longer than five seconds), so they're the first to die. Forget hard mode, these guys usually die a 2nd time before you're halfway through a heist or setup. That's on top of hilarious failures like people committing suicide by parachute, suicide by jumping off buildings or suicide by crashing aircraft.

I'd like to see more granular options for Heist invites. Ability to specify a level range, region, and if they have a mic or not.

Cause gently caress getting a heist where 2/4 people don't speak English, don't have mics, and are constantly lagging. I've had a few decent ones that just outright said "My English is bad" but I've thrown them on simple roles and they followed instructions and it usually worked. That said, they are usually a diamond among a field of turds.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I did the math and on Prison Break, the host spends 40k for setup and then each setup mission earns the crew roughly 20k each.

So going into the finally the host is at -40k and the crew has +80k, or a difference of 120k. The host absolutely deserves a much larger share of the cut, for dealing with all the bullshit, and for literally making less money. Unless you are being altruistic you shouldn't ever reduce the cut, and 55/15 is actually very resonable giving the host only a tiny bit more than what everyone else makes.

ON normal the heist is 400k, so at 55% the host takes home 220k while everyone else takes home 60k.

The net totals are:

Host: 180k
Crew: 140k

If you do the split 40/20 because you think you are a nice guy the net totals are:

Host: 120k
Crew: 160k

I just don't see why you would gently caress over yourself like that as the host. I just don't think people realize just how much the host loses by not getting setup mission payments and the initial cost of the heist.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I'm actually trying to figure out a good way to put a google form together to plan heists. The trick being how do you put in that you want to do a heist at such and such time and record responses for it without people screwing it up. I'm not sure they're that advanced.

titties, Lyer, and others in the past, just make a post with 3 open slots and let people respond. That's fine with me if it works but at the same time, it might be page or two back and someone who had hoped to see something like that may not have read the previous pages.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

He left like 2m into the heist cause I said no, gently caress yourself (he didn't help on any of the setups or anything either), causing the entire heist to collapse into the "matchmaking" screen again. I hope they change the matchmaking screen and poo poo down the line, its stupid the way it's setup.

:hfive:

But yeah that sucks that because of a lovely human being your heist is on hold until you can find a 4th. The consoles had it good - even with the wait. We had been working with the same groups of people for months maybe over the last 1.5 years. Knew each other, get along well together, etc. You're coming into this cold and haven't yet found that group of goons / friends so you're relying on that "good will" of gen pop, which exists in microcosms.

orcane posted:

To add insult to injury is that you can only see ~40 crew members total (at least that's what shows for me). Even if others are on, they will never ever show in your Invite from crew or just while in the lobby Pause -> Online -> Crews -> LLJK list. It's been like that since the beginning of online. You CANNOT find new crew members unless you randomly find yourself in a lobby with them.

It also doesn't help that the Invite system is completely broken. There's no way to discern pubbie from crew member / friend unless you recognize the name (it's the same for both Consoles and PC).

Then there's this:

Each invite is actually from a different person. If you click on one of them, you will then see who actually sent it, but then all the invites will appear as being from that person. So if you click on the second invite - say it's from me - then click back, they would all appear to be from "geeves". (my screenshot would be a more clear example, if I had a mission, race and heist all listed in there) From a programmer standpoint: It's a bad pointer and this is programming 101. :wtc:

Also, there's no "Crew" tag associated with invites for some unknown reason. There may have been, in the Notification popup above the minimap, but since I don't want a constant barrage of messages I've turned them off.

Since you don't know if they are from a crew member or not, much of the time, you'll get a warning saying that your targeting mode will change if you accept the invite. Understandable if you're joining a crew member or friend. But getting pubbie invites for settings that are not your own is completely ridiculous.

This isn't new since the PC release. It's been like this since heists were released on the consoles. It's just exacerbated because nearly everyone is new.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Knifegrab posted:

I did the math and on Prison Break, the host spends 40k for setup and then each setup mission earns the crew roughly 20k each.

So going into the finally the host is at -40k and the crew has +80k, or a difference of 120k. The host absolutely deserves a much larger share of the cut, for dealing with all the bullshit, and for literally making less money. Unless you are being altruistic you shouldn't ever reduce the cut, and 55/15 is actually very resonable giving the host only a tiny bit more than what everyone else makes.

ON normal the heist is 400k, so at 55% the host takes home 220k while everyone else takes home 60k.

The net totals are:

Host: 180k
Crew: 140k

If you do the split 40/20 because you think you are a nice guy the net totals are:

Host: 120k
Crew: 160k

I just don't see why you would gently caress over yourself like that as the host. I just don't think people realize just how much the host loses by not getting setup mission payments and the initial cost of the heist.

I've found that the people that bitch about cut tend to be lower level. Usually after someone has set up their own heists they realize this.

I'll split 25/25/25/25 if I am playing with a good crew of Goons. Otherwise it's 40/20/20/20 for Goons and 55/15/15/15 for everyone else.

Rainbow Teeth
Jan 31, 2009
I've requested a position in the crew as "kevington420"

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/kevington420

Additionally, any friend requests are welcome!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

orcane posted:

"I tried this thing and it didn't work so I gave up and played with pubbies and pubbies suck"

Well... yeah :v:

If crew invites don't work, how about friends? Friend up a bunch of the goons in the crew and then send them friend invites instead of crew invites.

Also you could try creating a crew session, inviting goons to your session, and then just hit "invite all from session" when you start the mission.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Heists are meant to be hard, I think.

That being said I'd really like a one day heist.

You should be able to skip to the last day of a Heist without doing all the planning missions and then just take a penalty hit to the payoff. That'd be nice. I think you can skip some on some heists but I'm not sure what all the rules are, I've only done a few heists and we did everything.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

geeves posted:

I'm actually trying to figure out a good way to put a google form together to plan heists. The trick being how do you put in that you want to do a heist at such and such time and record responses for it without people screwing it up. I'm not sure they're that advanced.

GW2 players came up with this: http://gw2lfg.com/lfgs/new

Would work with GTA:O if there was some kind of whisper function :(

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
Want to apologize to the crew doing the lab heist with me this afternoon. Cable took a poo poo, TV and Internet. Made it all the way to the last setup mission. I can't even blame GTA:O this time.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

geeves posted:

Then there's this:

Each invite is actually from a different person. If you click on one of them, you will then see who actually sent it, but then all the invites will appear as being from that person. So if you click on the second invite - say it's from me - then click back, they would all appear to be from "geeves". (my screenshot would be a more clear example, if I had a mission, race and heist all listed in there) From a programmer standpoint: It's a bad pointer and this is programming 101. :wtc:

Hey that's me :D

Edit: also is there a real everyone person I've played with in the IGN crew has been a shitheel?

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 20, 2015

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So is this a decent enough guide for leveling up skills for online?

http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/2keuoa/complete_guide_of_character_attributes_in_gta_5/

Most of it I'll just level normally, but I might powerlevel Lung Capacity and Stealth just because they'll never get leveled otherwise.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I know it was probably due to technical limitations but I still wish this whole thing wasn't instanced so heavily. Everything feels kind of disjointed and slow right now with the constant loading screens and such. I mean, I'm having tons of fun even alone, but I can't help but feel it could be better.

Oh well, maybe the next generation of consoles will get it right

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

Robo Reagan posted:

So is this a decent enough guide for leveling up skills for online?

http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/2keuoa/complete_guide_of_character_attributes_in_gta_5/

Most of it I'll just level normally, but I might powerlevel Lung Capacity and Stealth just because they'll never get leveled otherwise.

It's a fairly decent guide to leveling up your skills but there is a better way to max your shooting skill out if you care.

What I did was block an npc vehicle in on all sides with cars so the npc inside couldn't exit his vehicle or go forward/reverse. After that you take your fastest firing weapon (mini uzi is probably easiest here) and get on the hood of the car behind the npc car. Shoot at the license plate continuously and your shooting skill should level rapidly unless it was fixed.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Minorkos posted:

I know it was probably due to technical limitations but I still wish this whole thing wasn't instanced so heavily. Everything feels kind of disjointed and slow right now with the constant loading screens and such. I mean, I'm having tons of fun even alone, but I can't help but feel it could be better.

Oh well, maybe the next generation of consoles will get it right

Or this gen. GTAV launched before PS4 / bone, there's time for another GTA game before the end of this console cycle.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I've got a question, do your stats decrease for your GTA Online character if you don't play for a few days or something? I had the PS3 version and that seemed to be the case, either that or Rockstar didn't save any increases to my stats and I'm wondering if that is the case now if it was patched out or if I was just unlucky.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

DanrewS posted:

It's a fairly decent guide to leveling up your skills but there is a better way to max your shooting skill out if you care.

What I did was block an npc vehicle in on all sides with cars so the npc inside couldn't exit his vehicle or go forward/reverse. After that you take your fastest firing weapon (mini uzi is probably easiest here) and get on the hood of the car behind the npc car. Shoot at the license plate continuously and your shooting skill should level rapidly unless it was fixed.

Quoting this so I can find it later, thanks bud!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I've got a question, do your stats decrease for your GTA Online character if you don't play for a few days or something? I had the PS3 version and that seemed to be the case, either that or Rockstar didn't save any increases to my stats and I'm wondering if that is the case now if it was patched out or if I was just unlucky.

Yeah, but it should be a little longer than a few days. Your stats are supposed to decline if you don' t play but I've gone more than a month without playing before and didn't lose anything from my maxed stats.

• Locked thread