Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Is there any reason not to skip the undercard at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

memy posted:

Is there any reason not to skip the undercard at this point?

A christian off with Huckabee and Santorum

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

A christian off with Huckabee and Santorum

As if some filthy papist is any match for a God-fearing protestant....

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Jeb! agrees with all right-thinking Americans that excluding Graham from the debate is a travesty.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Joementum posted:

Jeb! agrees with all right-thinking Americans that excluding Graham from the debate is a travesty.

Jeb! agrees with Lindsey Graham's vision of invading every third world country in site what a surprise !!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oddium posted:

if they're in the next big kid's debate i'm going to flip my chips over and then i'll have to shoo my cat away while i try to clean them up

This is why you should have a dog, it would HELP you clean them up

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Jeb! is correct for once.

Hell has frozen over.

Immortan posted:

Jeb! agrees with Lindsey Graham's vision of invading every third world country in site what a surprise !!
Now now, Jeb! has only said very muted and low energy words about what he'd do in Syria about Putin, with no specifics.

Only Lindsey Graham has said he'd send 20,000 troops to Syria and Iraq (and start World War 3 in the process).

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Say it loud:

https://vine.co/v/eL6wTBWqlUY

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o7zomO-gyw

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jan 22, 2016

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

hahaha what is the context of that

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

As fun as he is I'm glad the most rabid hawk is being forced to confront that literally no one gives a poo poo about his eternal war rhetoric and he needs to go home.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

EugeneJ posted:

hahaha what is the context of that

He was asked what his first concert experience was, said it was James Brown, and then decided to say that.

Another fun Bush family concert story: Jeb! only has one photo of his marriage day because he recruited his brother, Neil, as the official photographer and Neil forgot to switch out the roll he'd used the previous night at a Zappa concert.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

What if we didn't have enough wars :ohdear:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Joementum posted:

He was asked what his first concert experience was, said it was James Brown, and then decided to say that.

Another fun Bush family concert story: Jeb! only has one photo of his marriage day because he recruited his brother, Neil, as the official photographer and Neil forgot to switch out the roll he'd used the previous night at a Zappa concert.

Neil for POTUS. Sounds like a fun dude.

lol

quote:

In July 1999, Bush made at least $798,000 on three stock trades in a single day of a company where he had been employed as a consultant. The company, Kopin Corporation of Taunton, Massachusetts, announced on the same day good news about a new Asian client that sent its stock value soaring. Bush stated that he had no inside knowledge and that his financial advisor had recommended the trades. He said, "any increase in the price of the stock on that day was purely coincidental, meaning that I did not have any improper information."

Philthy fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Nov 6, 2015

Funosaurus
May 28, 2009

Joementum posted:

Worth it. Are the Zappa pics available?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Philthy posted:

Neil for POTUS. Sounds like a fun dude.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/11/25/bush.brother.reut/

This article from 2003 is pure comedy gold and I'm going to put the link here because otherwise I'd just copy-paste the whole thing.

Neil Bush is the Bush who just decided to go "gently caress it, I'm a Bush, I'm basically royalty, I'm going to act like loving royalty" and goes around the world living the lifestyle of the rich and sleazy.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Joementum posted:

How did this family produce two(and possibly a third) President? HOW?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Patter Song posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/11/25/bush.brother.reut/

This article from 2003 is pure comedy gold and I'm going to put the link here because otherwise I'd just copy-paste the whole thing.

Neil Bush is the Bush who just decided to go "gently caress it, I'm a Bush, I'm basically royalty, I'm going to act like loving royalty" and goes around the world living the lifestyle of the rich and sleazy.

Well poo poo, I guess we found the smarter brother.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
He totally screwed a bunch of people in a savings and loan scandal where a firm he owned ended up costing the taxpayers like a billion dollars, but he got off with just a 75,000 dollar settlement.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
So Maddow is talking about the polls they used to determine the debate lineup and it looks like Fox Business didn't include a NYT/CBS poll, instead opting for one from Investors Business Daily. Doing so switched Graham and Jindal for who was going to be kicked out of the debate entirely. So basically Fox Business went out of its way to poo poo on Graham.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Nintendo Kid posted:

He totally screwed a bunch of people in a savings and loan scandal where a firm he owned ended up costing the taxpayers like a billion dollars, but he got off with just a 75,000 dollar settlement.

His brother started a war of choice that killed millions, so when you put it in perspective...

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Philthy posted:

In July 1999, Bush made at least $798,000 on three stock trades in a single day of a company where he had been employed as a consultant. The company, Kopin Corporation of Taunton, Massachusetts, announced on the same day good news about a new Asian client that sent its stock value soaring. Bush stated that he had no inside knowledge and that his financial advisor had recommended the trades. He said, "any increase in the price of the stock on that day was purely coincidental, meaning that I did not have any improper information."

Someone should tweet this to Trump. Having Trump accusing him of insider trading with specific details would be amazing.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Neeksy posted:

So basically Fox Business went out of its way to poo poo on Graham.
Can you blame them his foreign policy positions make even Fox News hosts look like hippies at a drum circle.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

He's going there.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Shakugan posted:

Someone should tweet this to Trump. Having Trump accusing him of insider trading with specific details would be amazing.

Wrong Bush, though.

badatom
Dec 10, 2011

Shakugan posted:

I love how entire Presidential campaigns can be destroyed just by sending a tweet to Donald Trump.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Shakugan posted:

If you're going to go after Jeb through Neil (the Bush in question who did the insider trading), there's better Neil stuff.

I guess I'll go ahead and quote some of that CNN article I posted from 2003:

quote:

The Bush divorce, completed in April after 23 years of marriage, was prompted in part by Bush's relationship with another woman. He admitted in the deposition that he previously had sex with several other women while on trips to Thailand and Hong Kong at least five years ago.

The women, he said, simply knocked on the door of his hotel room, entered and had sex with him. He said he did not know if they were prostitutes because they never asked for money and he did not pay them.

"Mr. Bush, you have to admit it's a pretty remarkable thing for a man just to go to a hotel room door and open it and have a woman standing there and have sex with her," Brown said.

"It was very unusual," Bush said.

There's a lot of other good stuff in there (like Neil getting paid 2 million dollars by a Chinese semiconductor company when Neil doesn't know the first thing about semiconductors).

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Wrong Bush, though.

Ah, missed that.

Pappyland
Jun 17, 2004

There's no limit to your imagination!
College Slice

Patter Song posted:

There's a lot of other good stuff in there (like Neil getting paid 2 million dollars by a Chinese semiconductor company when Neil doesn't know the first thing about semiconductors).

Neil visited my old High School in Dallas back in, it must have been... 2003/2004? I distinctly remember him trying to peddle this horseshit. There was also a question/answer session wherein he did confirm the existence of tunnels under the White House (and mentioned having been in them circa 9/11) and recounted a time when Dubya shot him with a BB gun as a kid. That's about all I got.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Carson is melting down:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2015/11/05/carson-stabbing-was-of-close-relative.html

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Dear Gawd, please let Carson wind up in the general election!

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Neeksy posted:

So Maddow is talking about the polls they used to determine the debate lineup and it looks like Fox Business didn't include a NYT/CBS poll, instead opting for one from Investors Business Daily. Doing so switched Graham and Jindal for who was going to be kicked out of the debate entirely. So basically Fox Business went out of its way to poo poo on Graham.

LOL at anyone who listens to Maddow. Left-wing Hannity, Rush, whatever who will flat out lie to mislead her rube sycophants.

Fox didn't pick and chose the IBD poll over the NYT, the IBD poll was one of the 4 most recent ones and the NYT/CBS poll was not.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

I'd prefer Graham over Jindal all day, but FOX said repeatedly 4 most recent polls and WELP IBD was the 4th most recent, and CBS/NYT the 5th.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
CNN lol

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Boosted_C5 posted:

LOL at anyone who listens to Maddow. Left-wing Hannity, Rush, whatever who will flat out lie to mislead her rube sycophants.

Fox didn't pick and chose the IBD poll over the NYT, the IBD poll was one of the 4 most recent ones and the NYT/CBS poll was not.

Maddow actually pointed out that the IBD poll was used based on having the most recent polling interval on her show as more details came in during the live broadcast.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

He's going there.

Woah, I'm going to need some links. I thought the story was that Carson tried to stab a dude when he was young. Is someone alleging he attacked his mother???

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

PDP-1 posted:

Maddow actually pointed out that the IBD poll was used based on having the most recent polling interval on her show as more details came in during the live broadcast.

That was stand-up of her.

Also am I weird for thinking she's hot? Obviously her garbage politics are a turn-off, but otherwise....

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Boosted_C5 posted:

Woah, I'm going to need some links. I thought the story was that Carson tried to stab a dude when he was young. Is someone alleging he attacked his mother???

Carson trying to hit his mom with a hammer is a huge part of his life story. It was his 'road to Damascus' moment.

The story now is in regards to the stabbing incident. They can't find any witnesses, and Carson has changed his story. First he said it was a classmate, now he says it was relative.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
It seems like trying to stab a guy would be probably one of your most vivid life memories and not something you would forget major details about, like, I don't know, WHO you tried to stab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Was it Martin Luther King?

• Locked thread