Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

limp_cheese posted:

Drinking water and taking a few vitamins isn't a bad idea. The bad idea was doing ONLY that and not eating healthier or exercising. If you only did the vitamins and water you would probably gain weight since you would kill your metabolism.

80% of weight loss is calorie restriction, there's no way to gain weight when you aren't taking in more calories than you burn just existing. A 400lb person burns a lot of calories just breathing.

My personal experience suggests that starving, or slashing calories too drastically can slow weight loss, but only in the short term.

You can lose weight, you just have to chose a better life for yourself. I've lost more than 150 lbs, went from being unable to walk 100 feet to running several half-marathons and now I'm working on my first full marathon this fall. I still have about 50 lbs left to get to my goal, even working out twice a day, putting in 30 miles per week of running, my body will refuse to drop very much weight if I don't count calories and manage my diet as well.

Its not solely about being thin, its about living the best life for you, that's a complex thing that only you can answer for yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Fatgoon should try keto. It's not the magic bullet evangelists would have you believe, but it makes calorie restriction very easy because of the macros you follow. I've gone from 13st4lbs to 11st10 in 3 months doing gently caress all exercise and staying under 1200 calories a day without feeling hungry once. My family have all jumped on it too and had similar results.

And really at this point, the gently caress do you have to lose? Eating a block of cheese will at least give you a casein high.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Theophany posted:

Fatgoon should try keto. It's not the magic bullet evangelists would have you believe, but it makes calorie restriction very easy because of the macros you follow. I've gone from 13st4lbs to 11st10 in 3 months doing gently caress all exercise and staying under 1200 calories a day without feeling hungry once. My family have all jumped on it too and had similar results.

And really at this point, the gently caress do you have to lose? Eating a block of cheese will at least give you a casein high.

Eating a block of cheese while remaining under 1200 Cal. per day? Something doesn't add up.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if non-indian hiring goon is in the SOUTH.

But for real, there are serious reasons not to hire folks that don't communicate well.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jastiger posted:

But for real, there are serious reasons not to hire folks that don't communicate well.

hard to tell how well they communicate if you look at their name and decide not to interview them at all tho

quote:

Several months ago, I was interviewed by the local news and NPR. There was a new apartment building being built a few miles from my home, and one controversial item was the amount of Section 8 housing available.

My actual views are this - Section 8 housing attracts a lot of single working mothers. My neighborhood (including me) is mostly stay at home wives and mothers. There's obviously an issue there and I don't believe our neighborhood provides the right environment for those people. So I protested the Section 8 housing, made the local news, and was interviewed for NPR.

I came across very badly on NPR. Some of it is due to their agenda and some fancy editing, but some of it is mine. They asked me point blank if I was racist, and I said no. Then they asked if I was scared about lower class people moving in. I was so taken aback that I paused for a bit and stammered out an answer, which was rambling and bad and made me sound like a racist. I also mentioned that the nation was very divided and I didn't believe there were solutions to our economic disparity. And, finally, I said that I don't envy millionaires and wish I had their lifestyle, so single mothers shouldn't envy me and my lifestyle. It's not fair.

This was all from before the election and obviously, I view things a bit differently now. I see Trump is fixing the racial and especially economic divides started by Obama. So I'd love to do a followup interview but I believe that ship has sailed because we managed to shut down the Section 8 housing ANYWAY so there's no story.

But that's just backstory. This interview apparently aired in some markets last night, along with a followup stating that the Section 8 housing was closed. They also did a profile of a woman trying to get Section 8 housing and the impact on her life. Basically, the juxtaposition of the 2 stories made me seem like an enormous racist who personally ruined this woman's life. I also gave my full name in the interview and my facebook page has been swarmed with protests and horrible words and some of the most hateful things I've ever read.

I learned today that racism and classism still exist. I'm an average white middle class person, and I've been demonized and made out to be some kind of strawman representing all the forces of oppression.

If you're overly concerned with whether or not your neighbors "fit in" with you you are probably a racist or classist, so yes, you did in fact learn that those things still exist, just not the way you think you did

quote:

The "single mom" thread motivated me to send this in.

I've had some sleazy sex in my life, like I imagine most have. Some of it I enjoy, some I feel shame for now. Only one is so bad that I regret ever doing it.

I banged a single mom in front of her toddler.

We met on Plenty of Fish, had 2 dates that went well. I knew she was a single mom going into it. Third date ends with us going back to her place. Babysitter leaves and we hang out with her son. Eventually we put the kid to bed and get to fooling around.

After I eventually put on a condom she starts riding me, wearing only her shirt at this point. Her son toddles into the living room where we were doing it. She's facing me so she doesn't seem him walk in. I do but I just keep going. I make eye contact with her son and have the worst feeling in the world at this point. I grab her and tell her what's going on and she instantly slides off and throws pants on.

I awkwardly leave and ghosted her after that. Was too weird and I felt bad for that kid.

How long did you keep going? You said you stopped after making eye contact with him, which, ok, yeah, but how long did that take? That's a p key factor in whether you should feel bad IMO

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

affluent stay at home racist moms definitely all have something awful forums accounts, of course

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

purple death ray posted:

affluent stay at home racist moms definitely all have something awful forums accounts, of course

Technically you don't need one to get a fesh into this thread as long as the paywall isn't up, but yeah it's also super unlikely a concerned soccer mom lurks SA either

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Indolent Bastard posted:

Eating a block of cheese while remaining under 1200 Cal. per day? Something doesn't add up.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Yeah, what I said about the water and gaining weight was stupid. My point was that is bad and I tried explaining it in a really dumb way.

Racist mom: If someone asks you if you are some kind of -ist and you can't calmly and immediately deny it you're probably whatever that -ist is. Thinking that working single moms won't fit into your neighborhood because they are working moms is indeed classist. You Wouldn't see them much anyways since they are, you know, working.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

quote:

My actual views are this - Section 8 housing attracts a lot of single working mothers. My neighborhood (including me) is mostly stay at home wives and mothers. There's obviously an issue there and I don't believe our neighborhood provides the right environment for those people. 

Please elaborate further on this "issue"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I think there was a B-plot about this on Mad Men, season 2 or thereabouts

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Audax posted:

Brown people are scary

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Audax posted:

Sounds like it's a lot of women, maybe the trophy housewives are afraid of their breadwinners going black and not coming back

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

lol

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/10/527660512/section-8-vouchers-help-the-poor-but-only-if-housing-is-available

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
I know the housewife one isn't a real 'fesh, but it's hilarious since you could find her name, picture, everything with a quick google search.

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/10/527660512/section-8-vouchers-help-the-poor-but-only-if-housing-is-available

*edit* beaten

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

I was going to straight up screen cap the hilariously racist white lady and post her name but,

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

sandoz posted:

I was going to straight up screen cap the hilariously racist white lady and post her name but,

Lol I heard that interview the other day, jesus upper middle class people are garbage.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

got any sevens posted:

Sounds like it's a lot of women, maybe the trophy housewives are afraid of their breadwinners going black and not coming back

Oh does it work that way too?

I thought it applied to white chicks getting the taste of a big black dilz

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

alpaca diseases posted:

Oh does it work that way too?

I thought it applied to white chicks getting the taste of a big black dilz

"He ain't a man 'til he split dark oak"

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Why am I not surprised it's Dallas.

Dallas is the worst.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Hello, I am going to anonymously submit a confession that easily traces a path back to an interview I did on national news with my full name and photograph

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Indolent Bastard posted:

Well poo poo I'm not a 600lb land manatee so I don't eat a block of cheese, I was just suggesting a positive life change.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Axolotl posted:

"He ain't a man 'til he split dark oak"

lol I've legit never heard this before

thank you for making me chuckle out loud irl

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

morally adept posted:

Lol I heard that interview the other day, jesus upper middle class people are garbage.

When I was living in Humboldt Park there were protests about section 8 housing being opened on our block. And that was in a gang-ridden lower class neighborhood. From what all my neighbors were saying it's that as tough as the neighborhood was, it was still filled with people that paid their own way. It went in and absolutely nothing changed in the neighborhood. Section 8 housing just has such a bad stigma associated with it.

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

Section 8 is poo poo and is basically a form of subsidy for the landlord class.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

Several years ago, I was dating Jennifer Lawrence. She was still a star, but only from that dumb as poo poo Bill Engvall show and we even discussed her getting a "real" job to pay the bills. We fought a lot and she eventually dumped me because she walked in on me jacking off in our apartment after I told her I was working late. I wasn't, I just wanted privacy to jack off.

I seriously blew it now, I could have been a serious stay at home husband and rocked a life of leisure.

lol this one owns

Ken Bone saw your ex's butthole and he liked it

quote:

I am a "deadbeat" dad. I have 2 children by the same mother. My ex wife. I have not been in their life at all, I don't pay child support, and I don't ever intend to.

My wife gained full custody after the divorce, which was not fair, and only happened because she's a woman. She has a history of drug abuse but my own felonies were apparently enough to steal my children away for good. And apparently saying "I hate you and wish I never met you" in a private conversation is considered a threat to your ex-wife, enough to get a restraining order.

I am protesting the court's ruling by hiding away and not agreeing to these totalitarian rules. I send my kids a birthday card every year with 10 dollars, to be used only by them. I know from facebook their mother doesn't post about this, and odds are she uses that money on herself. I realize to the naked eye I seem like a monster who doesn't love my children, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

How does it feel knowing that your child grew up to be lead singer of the 90s post-grunge band Everclear?

$10 and a greeting card a year, huh? I feel like that's just enough to communicate the message "I remember you exist, but this is all I can summon up the energy to do for you"

way to stick it to their mother though, good job

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

loquacius posted:

How does it feel knowing that your child grew up to be lead singer of the 90s post-grunge band Everclear?

Nice reference, Father Of Mine is a cool song

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Ted Kramer posted:

I send my kids a birthday card every year with 10 dollars, to be used only by them. I know from facebook their mother doesn't post about this, and odds are she uses that money on herself.

Dear God, your ex is stealing your kid's TEN DOLLARS??? Alert the district attorney at once!!!!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The 10 dollars part is baiting way too hard.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
geez just buy your kids an account that's the best 10$ can get you anyway

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Streak posted:

geez just buy your kids an account that's the best 10$ can get you anyway

Yeah! Commit to ruining your children, you lazy poo poo! Quit halfassing your role as the example that renders them wildly unqualified for every relationship they'll ever attempt :argh:

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 06:22 on May 12, 2017

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

Solice Kirsk posted:

When I was living in Humboldt Park there were protests about section 8 housing being opened on our block. And that was in a gang-ridden lower class neighborhood. From what all my neighbors were saying it's that as tough as the neighborhood was, it was still filled with people that paid their own way. It went in and absolutely nothing changed in the neighborhood. Section 8 housing just has such a bad stigma associated with it.

Point taken, but the woman in the interview still came across as well...

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Just goes to show how deep class resentment runs in the American psyche. We are so programmed with the idea of suffering as self-actualization and acceptance of any government intervention as a moral failing that even people who have been through the poverty meat grinder don't like to see others be saved from the same injustice.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The 10 dollars part is baiting way too hard.

In the song it was only $5

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

purple death ray posted:

Just goes to show how deep class resentment runs in the American psyche. We are so programmed with the idea of suffering as self-actualization and acceptance of any government intervention as a moral failing that even people who have been through the poverty meat grinder don't like to see others be saved from the same injustice.

It was pretty surreal to hear literal drug dealing gang members say that section 8 housing was going to ruin the neighborhood.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

loquacius posted:

I like Everclear

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

loquacius posted:

How long did you keep going? You said you stopped after making eye contact with him, which, ok, yeah, but how long did that take? That's a p key factor in whether you should feel bad IMO

The confessor should feel bad about stopping. The situation should have awakened his procreative response; he should get Hulk-boner, disintegrate the condom, and power-wash her uterus with his seed.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

purple death ray posted:

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i used to like everclear but father of mine and i will buy you a new life are pretty much the same song with different lyrics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I like Everclear

It doesn't really have much taste other than that pure alcohol burn. I'm not a fan of mixed drinks, but I pretty much have to mix it in with at least Coke or lemonade and tea to drink the stuff.