Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

CJacobs posted:

Bloodborne's shield is my favorite joke item in a video game. From my bloodborne let's play (it's good and really in depth I promise)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqoTafbuExg&t=1219s

This isn't what I thought a man with the first name Chrysanthemum would sound like at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

it's weird playing a souls game that expects you to use a shield again

Not really. Monsters are aggressive like their bloodborne kin only you don't have the ability to beat your HP back out of them. Shields in ds3 are almost totally useless as a way to block attacks, either parry or dodge.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i could've sworn the blueflame couldn't parry in the left hand but my ds2 memories are hazy

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Cowcaster posted:

i could've sworn the blueflame couldn't parry in the left hand but my ds2 memories are hazy

It can't normally which makes sense because L2 casts the spells, but it can if you two-hand it from the left by holding triangle. They fixed that in 3 with the candlesticks though unfortunately.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Cowcaster posted:

And your DS1 memories since you can parry bare-handed

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Grapplejack posted:

Not really. Monsters are aggressive like their bloodborne kin only you don't have the ability to beat your HP back out of them. Shields in ds3 are almost totally useless as a way to block attacks, either parry or dodge.

that's kind of what i meant, there's no rally so every hit you tank is bad instead of incentivized aggression

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

And your DS1 memories since you can parry bare-handed

i mean if the guy is claiming he went through the entirety of dark souls 1 leaving his left hand empty great i guess

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POij_t1-jz8

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I went through the entirety of Dark Souls 1 without lighting a bonfire

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Firelink Only playthroughs of Dark Souls 1 are really fun! Majula only playthroughs of Dark Souls 2 are also fun because the game is very kind to being played that way. Firelink only runs of Dark Souls 3 are fun if you are a masochist and don't mind running back across the world dodging enemies every time you die.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I went through the entirety of Dark Souls 1 without lighting a bonfire

your first time through i'm sure

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
shadowrun dragonfall was pretty good but having the ending/epilogue condensed into three paragraphs about the setting's known timeline is lame af

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Cowcaster posted:

your first time through i'm sure

yes, first time on pc

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I own copies of all three Dark Souls (I have owned the first one for half a decade) but have never gotten around to playing any of them, something else always pops up.

Bloodborne was great though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I own copies of all three Dark Souls (I have owned the first one for half a decade) but have never gotten around to playing any of them, something else always pops up.

Bloodborne was great though

You may have heard this before but theyre pretty good games.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

In Training posted:

You may have heard this before but theyre pretty good games.

Yeah they already played the best one though

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

smh if you didn't import demons souls from china in 2009

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i played an hour of demons souls and thats about it. then i played more fun action games instead

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I important it from the US because it took like two years to come out here

I only finished it last year :ssh:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
getting good futures in sonic cd is really fun until you hit wacky workbench and realize you're going to make yourself dizzy navigating the shittiest 2d sonic level ever made for ten minutes

Quest For Glory II posted:

i played an hour of demons souls and thats about it. then i played more fun action games instead

what the gently caress

i mean demon's souls is janky as hell and it's ok if you just enjoy other action games more but also demon's souls is really weird and cool and the one souls game i'd just rec in general cause it gets super easy after a point

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I bought Bloodborne on sale, and I fired it up to make sure it loaded properly. That is the extent of my Souls experience.

I do plan on playing it though!! I only paid like $20 and it got me all the DLC too. Plus the look and setting of Bloodborne is far more interesting to me than any of the Demon/Darksouls games, so it was always the most likely one for me to play.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

plays dark souls normal brain plays Ys games expanded brain plays touhou games superhuman

(just kidding i dont play touhou games)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

plays dark souls normal brain plays Ys games expanded brain plays touhou games superhuman

(just kidding i dont play touhou games)

touhou isn't even the same genre...

unless you are a pro, who can get dozens of hours of play time out of scarlet curiosity

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Bullet hells can be a type of action

Isn't that basically Furi

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah but it's not the same bag as, like, ys!!! (also i think modern touhou has a thing where you can just set a checkpoint at any time you want and reload to that on death so it's out of the running)

quote:

Isn't that basically Furi

yeah, the worst part

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Obgilatory shut the gently caress up.

But goddamn do we have to do the Dark Souls cycle everytime.

This heat sucks so I'm in a less tolreable mood with the DS sucks/cycle crap.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

We could argue about what the good Final Fantasy's are again if you like.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I will be really sad if Ys 8 sucks, like, celceta was not very good and also it ran like poo poo on Vita, please be good 8

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i saw someone mention a while back that the ending of furi fuckin sucks and so does the last boss, and i wanna say that person was completely right

that person might also have been me, i can't really remember

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

its this one

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Colonel posted:

i saw someone mention a while back that the ending of furi fuckin sucks and so does the last boss, and i wanna say that person was completely right
I almost got Furi in the PSN sale but I thought maybe it'll show up in Humble Monthly so I got Aragami instead. so i'm basically expecting Aragami to be in friday's bundle

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm trying to think of what other games series that this thread has not tried.

Best Mario? Nah, Zelda? yeah not opening that pandora box...

hmm.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I played an Ys game on the SNES. It seemed all right. No Lagoon, though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Shindragon posted:

hmm.
best Anno.

(its 1404)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Shindragon posted:

hmm.
Best Street Fighter?

(the one with skullomania)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I will be really sad if Ys 8 sucks, like, celceta was not very good and also it ran like poo poo on Vita, please be good 8

Ys 8 is cool but really easy. It also ran better than Celceta and was fully 3D, its a pretty incredible technical accomplishment that like 10 people will ever see or care about.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Shindragon posted:

hmm.

Has anyone mentioned Half Life 2 recently

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Best Street Fighter?

(the one with skullomania)

Super Turbo. No question

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Sakurazuka posted:

easy

all of them but also none of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I played an Ys game on the SNES. It seemed all right. No Lagoon, though

i have no idea if you're talking about ys 3 or ys iv because ys 3 is a crappy sidescroller and the only one that got released in the us back then and ys iv is a crappy top-down game that didn't get released in the us but

• Locked thread