Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Chazani posted:

I do like playing PoC, but it is starting to feel like I have basically no agency on if I win or not. Only way to improve my chances on winning is having more rerolls for the broken stuff. Way too often the game feels like I have no influence on winning or losing. It is just a matter whether me or the AI luck into some broken crap
This is more or less exactly how it works yeah, it's been the most frustrating part of it since the first pve lab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

At the risk of this being a 'no, it's the children who are wrong' post as much fun in theory as it is to try and make a Kai'Sa/Evelynn deck with layering on an absurd amount of keywords it doesn't feel like it works very well. Is Evelynn missing something? I would think it's her as Kai'Sa does just fine with other champs.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

On a related note, does Kai'sa team up with any of the other star guardians particularly well? I just wanna star guardian all day

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Dawgstar posted:

At the risk of this being a 'no, it's the children who are wrong' post as much fun in theory as it is to try and make a Kai'Sa/Evelynn deck with layering on an absurd amount of keywords it doesn't feel like it works very well. Is Evelynn missing something? I would think it's her as Kai'Sa does just fine with other champs.

i think your right ive found eve works best with lucian in a dawn spider deck. your deck just shits out husks which die and level lucian. its also sort of a nonbo because lucian doesnt see the husks playing him kills and you must attack immediatly on your turn or possibly waste your rally. Also you can run out of steam but it takes a suprisngly long time to run out of steam and if lucian ever levels they insta lose because you attack every turn and it makes it hard with a constantly growing bigger lucian bearing down on them.

Elvis_Maximus posted:

On a related note, does Kai'sa team up with any of the other star guardians particularly well? I just wanna star guardian all day

lux sort of theres not alot of mana costing spells to level lux. if quinn is a star guardian thats the best champ ive seen her paired with outside of shurima.

so is the 1 fragment for all the event pass poo poo a bug or what? ive gotten 3 poc things from the event pass and i got 1 frament out of every one.

snergle fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jul 25, 2022

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

snergle posted:

so is the 1 fragment for all the event pass poo poo a bug or what? ive gotten 3 poc things from the event pass and i got 1 frament out of every one.
Unless you've not maxed out a single champ it's probably working as intended - you'd usually get 5 fragments but if they would have been for a champ you've maxed, they get converted at a 5 to 1 ratio. It sucks.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Pilchenstein posted:

Unless you've not maxed out a single champ it's probably working as intended - you'd usually get 5 fragments but if they would have been for a champ you've maxed, they get converted at a 5 to 1 ratio. It sucks.

Every day, more wild fragments. Still have heroes at 0 stars (though I've unlocked the old 12).

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Pilchenstein posted:

all my champs arent maxxed. i can get 4 champs to 3 and 3 champs to 1

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, early impression are that Eve just doesn't quite work, at least in any of the deck combinations seeing reasonable amounts of play.

Kai'Sa demacia decks are doing very well though. She seems to hit evolve very quickly and consistently in them and its an absolute nightmare dealing with enormous scout quick attack overwhelm spellshield units on like turn 6.

I have mixed feelings about Gwen. She seems really well designed, and she works well with a ton of different champs and regions. But she just isnt pulling in decent winrates with any of her decks yet. I'm not sure if its just the meta or that the power level of her package is just slightly undertuned, but right now her decks just don't hit the level of "overpowered bullshit" you need to be good in LoR.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

snergle posted:

all my champs arent maxxed. i can get 4 champs to 3 and 3 champs to 1
I guess you were getting fragments for someone you had enough to max out already? Anyway, it's possible to get normal fragments from those things, I just got 5 for Kai'sa, the system works :v:

Edit: oh hey, the cost to unlock a champ with coins is reduced based on the amount of shards you have - that's neat

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jul 26, 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I used a Support Evelyn with Gwen and my board was constantly cluttered up, that's my Evelynn experience.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Pilchenstein posted:

I guess you were getting fragments for someone you had enough to max out already? Anyway, it's possible to get normal fragments from those things, I just got 5 for Kai'sa, the system works :v:

Edit: oh hey, the cost to unlock a champ with coins is reduced based on the amount of shards you have - that's neat

Yeah and you can only use coins for the initial unlock, not for raising star levels afterwards. So if you have some spare ones floating around it's best to do that

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
i forgot to take a picture of it but i had rexxai as my support for darius. and i had if you draw a card it costs 1 less. well i would draw rexxai on two and if i had the attack token i instantly won because it would rally itself and decimate them.

wtf they didnt even make an introduction quest for the new por champs? just unlocked taliyah and theres no small adventure just for her. i wouldnt of unlocked her if i knew that. i would of waited and got kaisa but i had gotten 10 taliyah shards and i figured her quest would give me 10 shards to someone else

snergle fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 26, 2022

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It took me several runs to beat Gangplank's route as a one-star Kai'Sa. I don't know why it was so difficult. The last one I got Pantheon as a support champ and those two are super strong together on top of the PoC nonsense you can layer (like Kai'Sa only costing 3 and having three keywords by herself).

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gwen seems super strong, I'm reading reports of people beating Kai'sa and Galio with like, a 1* Gwen.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Megazver posted:

I haven't managed to catch it with proof yet, but I swear they introduced a bug where your turn ends after you cast something, even though you actually still have your Attack token and units to attack with. I think it happened... three times to me so far.

So apparently this is working as intended.

quote:

If its passing after playing a burst speed spell, then is not a bug, is a rule change, if you pass with after playing a burst speed spell the enemy can pass and end the round, independent if you have or not atack token

quote:

To be more exact, when you play a card that enemy cant answer before it resolves, yhe drawback is that if you pass only playing that card enemy can end turn

Reason was this elogantwd games a lot in pvp and maybe also pve who knows

So here's how Riven works now:

You apply a fragment to your unit before attacking. The enemy passes and you don't get to attack anymore.

Really glad they finally solved a problem here.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Megazver posted:

So apparently this is working as intended.

So here's how Riven works now:

You apply a fragment to your unit before attacking. The enemy passes and you don't get to attack anymore.

Really glad they finally solved a problem here.

Just apply the fragment and then attack right away? It's only a problem if you try to get "cute" and make your opponent play something before you attack.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
The last round I played, I applied the fragment, then the round immediately ended without giving me an opportunity to do anything else. That's how it (sometimes) works now.

phbr
Jan 6, 2013

The Vegetable of Doom

Megazver posted:

The last round I played, I applied the fragment, then the round immediately ended without giving me an opportunity to do anything else. That's how it (sometimes) works now.

If you had the attack token (or some other action available) then this was a bug. The change you quoted before was the removal of "burst passing", which meant that the turn only ended if both players passed without playing anything, while now it also ends if both players only play burst/focus spells.

The game should never pass for you if you still have some kind of action remaining.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Burst passing was v confusing when I started but I got used to it. Socof course now I often forget and mess it up.

Overall positive change though given what seemed intuitive and fair at first glance.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Yeah, that fix is not what is being described. What's happening is I'm playing a Focus speed spell, not hitting end turn or pass, and my turn is ending.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
I had it happen when using kai'sa's generated "pick an ally to gain all their abilities" card like 3 times the other day, and it cost me a run in PoC two of those times

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
If anyone else had the turn pass bug, maybe post it in this bug report thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PathofChampions/comments/w51qxd/path_bug_reports_patch_311/ihdgs84/

I think devs at least glance at it every now and then.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Dawgstar posted:

It took me several runs to beat Gangplank's route as a one-star Kai'Sa. I don't know why it was so difficult. The last one I got Pantheon as a support champ and those two are super strong together on top of the PoC nonsense you can layer (like Kai'Sa only costing 3 and having three keywords by herself).

I find getting Lifesteal to be a pretty important factor in Kai'Sa runs because she's a little slow off the bricks and needs to take back the life that gets knocked out of her.
At least in the Zed node where you have cheap Ephemeral units up your pee hole every turn.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gwen is hilariously fun to play with Rally on Level Up and it's awesome how she can doublestack the Hallow buff.

I watched her scissors take out 30+ worth of health from the enemy and it was awesome.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I've not unlocked her yet but I had her as support for Kai'sa and the innate nexus healing probably makes her the best champion in the mode? Unless her deck is super poo poo of course :v:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

It's not. It's a bit on the slow side but the right cards get the right level-up bonuses.
There is a problem where you'll hit evolved and then realize your largest creature is still only a 6/6.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pilchenstein posted:

I've not unlocked her yet but I had her as support for Kai'sa and the innate nexus healing probably makes her the best champion in the mode? Unless her deck is super poo poo of course :v:

Her deck's decent enough in my opinion. Managed to beat Galio with a 2* Gwen at level 13 or so, with Spellshield and Rally on Level Up.

She works with a lot of powers. Yipp's (you get a free 1-cost ephemeral every other turn at 1* and every turn at 3*, and the deck also creates Saplings, creates Poros when using your kill-to-draw Spell, and has a 1-cost with Challenger), Rally every turn, +1/+1 for the round when summoning a unit, Overwhelm, Spell Mana, Trifgarian (if you have your 2-cost buffed, give Gwen some ATK powerups, and take something like Leblanc as your support), Evolution (all of your cards have at least 1 ability).

Gwen's 2* gives the second attacking unit the Hallowed ATK buff also, so if you use Gwen as your second attacking unit, she gets double the Hallowed ATK boost from that + her own innate ability. Plus, the 2-damage drain also counts as damage dealt by Gwen, so you just need Gwen to have 8 damage with the double dip ATK boost.

Like I thought I'd have a hard time on Galio cause the first match and Viego both punish you for letting units die but Viego was a fuckin' cakewalk and Gwen was able to heal back most of the damage I took in the first match. Even did the fight against that annoying Celestial Dog deck and got through with full HP.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Just lost to a Pyke/Gwen deck in ranked.

Has it happened? has Pyke found a way to break away from Lurk?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Pyke/Gwen makes sense tbh, pretty cool that he works in 2 decks now :v:

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Just lost to a Pyke/Gwen deck in ranked.

Has it happened? has Pyke found a way to break away from Lurk?

i assume you just put him to the left and then he gets to do dmg and then he starts board wiping. i lost to a braum deck doing that but they also drew braum 4 times.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Wait, the new heroes don't come with dedicate adventures (and their associated shards/relics)?

WTF.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Like, I'd rather have new champs without dedicated adventures if the alternative was not getting them at all but they could have at least made them cheaper, the shard economy is absolutely hosed.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I only played those dedicated adventures once or twice. I'd rather they focused that energy on more post-Colossus zones.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
I’m happy with the new Kaisa adventure, but I wish her rewards weren’t locked behind two regions that were only just made available.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

CitizenKeen posted:

Wait, the new heroes don't come with dedicate adventures (and their associated shards/relics)?

WTF.

yeah. even if they just made them not written at all it cant be hard to just copy paste 10 fights nerf the starting mana on them and let you go and then get a box that gets you some shards. that said i would prefer they added the written story part. if you havent done it do garens 1star and 2 star mission they are great.

it feels like poc has a dedicated player base but they arent making money off it and so are trying to force purchases for it while also ratcheting down spending on it.

i cant find a deck to climb out of diamond with im just being a day trader on ladder every day. i have the most fun with lucian eve and viego gwen. mono kaisa is my best wr though but i its not by much. anyone have any decks theyre doing well with i could try?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
They've added more Legend levels:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PathofChampions/comments/wfcubj/legendary_levels_extended_to_30/

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nice.

Also Kai'sa has been pretty fun to play, it's mainly just out-statting stuff by taking a power that gives you a keyword (Overwhelm, Dragon, Random Keyword) and deleting cards that have less than 2 starting keywords.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also drat, Evelynn also has an interaction with the Legendary power that gives you 10 leveled champions, in that everything in your deck gets +10/+10. That's like an instant win right there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PathofChampions/comments/wfcnjc/absolutely_crazy_interaction_between_evelynns/

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
got 10 kaisa shards from leveling up my legend level. so i can 2 star her tommorow and hopefully get my shurima win against kaisa. hoping the next time it offers me a thing i get some gwen shards to save me a few days grinding for her.

i also just had a really fun bard run through galio. i got his spell with summon a champ. then also copy this spell onto the same target. and the legendary power to get a random item on every card. so i would just put bard on 4 and insta level him most of the time then just be like ok this is the board and buff the poo poo out of my board and smash my way through everything. viego was a dick but i rolled lifesteal and ended up living with 5hp then put down a bunch of unbuffed elusives then spent 8 mana buffing them. and they ended up 20 20s and he could only kill 1.

snergle fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Aug 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I suppose it's internally consistent (and it's the reason why you can play an ally into a full board that includes Husks without obliterating anything) but it's annoying that allies don't "see" Husks die as you play them. Picked up Kindred as a support champ for Evelyn in Path and thought I had the god combo, but sadly his mark doesn't trigger from Husks being sacrificed as you play him. Would be fun with cards like Phantom Prankster too

edit: Wait, Prankster does go off, so maybe it's not so consistent after all

goferchan fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Aug 5, 2022