Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Some motherfuckers are always trying to invert the tachyon flow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Pick posted:

Wesley snipes!!

"Some motherfucker's always trying to create a matter/anti-matter intermix ratio other than 1:1." -:techno:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

Wesley snipes!!

And loving JD Roth

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Pick posted:

Wesley snipes!!

Role would have been perfect to him - no problems with opening his eyes.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I can't see Yaphet Kotto as Picard.

Although part of me wonders if casting an African-American fellow to play a French-named guy means that Jean Luc Picard would have had ended up with all of the New Orleans stuff they used for Sisko later.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

8one6 posted:

Looking at the series list on Wikipedia I'd say
S1
Eye of the Needle
Heroes and Demons
S2
Projections
Threshold (this is THE bad episode of the series, you have to)
Meld
Death Wish
The Thaw
Tuvix
S3
Future's End parts 1 and 2
Scorpion p1
S4
Scorpion p2
Year of Hell p 1 and 2
Message in a Bottle
Living Witness
S5
Timeless
Bride of Chaotica!
Relativity
S6
Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy
Blink of an Eye
Life Line
S7
Body and Soul
Flesh and Blood
Shattered (the only good Chuck O'Tay episode)
Q2 (Q's son is played by the actor's real life son)
Endgame (because it's the last episode)

That's just my opinion though.

It's kind of Doctor and Seven heavy and I guess season 2 had the most good episodes per my list.

Epicurius posted:

I'd probably add to that list:

S3
Real Life
Distant Origin

S4
Mortal Coil

S5
30 Days
Think Tank
Equinox Part 1

S6
Equinox Part 2
Riddles
The Voyager Conspiracy
Pathfinder
Virtuoso
Live Fast and Prosper
Muse

S7
Author, Author

Thanks for these lists! Like I said, I had been going off of this list, but that list seems to be constructed from a "watch these episodes or you won't know what's going on with the overarching Kazon plot!" perspective. Whereas I'm finding anytime I see an episode that is heavy on Kazon poo poo I immediately lose interest.

EDIT: Forgot to add - I went ahead and watched Threshold after seeing it on this list. Holy poo poo that was bad. But it's stealthily bad, since the first 15 minutes just make it seem like any ordinary bland episode, and then it takes a turn and just keeps getting worse and worse until BOOM space slug sex.

OldSenileGuy fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 13, 2020

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Role would have been perfect to him - no problems with opening his eyes.

Should have been Gowron

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Sash! posted:

I can't see Yaphet Kotto as Picard.

Although part of me wonders if casting an African-American fellow to play a French-named guy means that Jean Luc Picard would have had ended up with all of the New Orleans stuff they used for Sisko later.

Probably not, TNG didn't have the strong focus on US origins for characters that later series did.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I think Robert Picardo said that he auditioned for Tuvok and thought that would be the juiciest role.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

https://twitter.com/trekcore/status/1249683759164723200?s=21

A 7’3” Data/Geordi definitely would have been something :captainpop:

Only if they got an even smaller personal shuttle for him to fly.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Wanna watch the TNG with Yaphet Kotto's Picard, Jeffrey Coombs as Riker (not in this sheet but OBVIOUSLY the best choice), KPH as Data, Rosalind Chao's Troi (assuming they ultimately switch Yar and Troi as the OTL did), Reggie Jackson as Geordi and Jenny Agutter as Crusher.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

SlothfulCobra posted:

I think Robert Picardo said that he auditioned for Tuvok and thought that would be the juiciest role.

Only if they got an even smaller personal shuttle for him to fly.

For Geordi, is that Reggie Jackson on the list the former baseball player?!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Number_6 posted:

For Geordi, is that Reggie Jackson on the list the former baseball player?!

Yeah, it is. :psyduck:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

edit: double post

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The best one yet.

https://youtu.be/a2QQzquP-3Y

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
It is really frustrating watching the DS9 where Dax and Worf finally hook up because Keiko is clearly trying to angle for a poly relationship with Kira, but Kira and Miles are too heteronormative to take a loving hint. Poor Keiko.

ANOTHER SCORCHER
Aug 12, 2018

OldSenileGuy posted:

Thanks for these lists! Like I said, I had been going off of this list, but that list seems to be constructed from a "watch these episodes or you won't know what's going on with the overarching Kazon plot!" perspective. Whereas I'm finding anytime I see an episode that is heavy on Kazon poo poo I immediately lose interest.

EDIT: Forgot to add - I went ahead and watched Threshold after seeing it on this list. Holy poo poo that was bad. But it's stealthily bad, since the first 15 minutes just make it seem like any ordinary bland episode, and then it takes a turn and just keeps getting worse and worse until BOOM space slug sex.

I also tried to use this list for my first full Voyager watch a few months ago and found it similarly wrongheaded, with a few exceptions. My genuine advice is to watch the first 10 minutes and if the episode doesn't grab you to read the summary on Memory Alpha. If it really sounds interesting/important you can keep watching.

Protip: Doctor/Seven episodes are almost always worth watching. Chakotay episodes are usually bad/racist.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Somebody put together a Kazon watch-list?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Arglebargle III posted:

Here:

Don't watch episodes about the Kazon.

You're welcome.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Arglebargle III posted:

And if you could, a jaunty little fanfare after each one is pronounced?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

And if you could, a jaunty little fanfare after each one is pronounced?

And some applause for your great accomplishment!

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Technowolf posted:

Here:

Don't watch episodes about the Kazon.

You're welcome.

Unless they also have Brad Dourif in them.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Arglebargle III posted:

Said no one, ever.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Arglebargle III posted:

Really you just need to be worried about the Talaxian watchlist

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

:gowron:

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Cross posting from the modern trek thread, but the official site just put up a 30 minute timelapse of building the Discovery sets and it's pretty interesting if you're into that behind the scenes type of thing.

https://intl.startrek.com/videos/watch-a-star-trek-discovery-timelapse

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

WAIT! Hold on, I got another:

Arglebargle III posted:

Is that a request or an accusation?

:v:

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

TIL that the wub wub wub sound of the whale probe in ST IV was made by an engineer recording Nimoy making the sound with his mouth, which was later heavily distorted.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
One nerdy thing I like about Trek is learning about all the re-using and re-dressing of props and sets due to budget constraints. It's just a fascinating study in problem solving and ingenuity. Things like filming the same ship upside down so it looks like a different ship. Or the Angel One matte painting being used for half the planets in the galaxy by filming it under different lighting or distances. Or how they could make bridges for all the different Federation ships by just moving around the chairs.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

galagazombie posted:

One nerdy thing I like about Trek is learning about all the re-using and re-dressing of props and sets due to budget constraints. It's just a fascinating study in problem solving and ingenuity. Things like filming the same ship upside down so it looks like a different ship. Or the Angel One matte painting being used for half the planets in the galaxy by filming it under different lighting or distances. Or how they could make bridges for all the different Federation ships by just moving around the chairs.

I love that some of the sets they built for TMP and WOK lasted like 30 years in different configurations, now that's getting your money's worth.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
It makes me think of Blake's 7 and that one shuttle they resued like five or more times and they had no budget to hide the fact.

Trevellian
Apr 27, 2007

Well tally ho! With a bing and a bong and a buzz buzz buzz!

galagazombie posted:

They did it from large to small scale too; from the Enterprise refit bridge from the movies being used as the 1701-D battle bridge and the Stargazer bridge, through the TOS transporter platform floor becoming the TNG transporter platform ceiling, to Bashir using a tool that’s a repainted nacelle from a Romulan D’deridex class warbird model.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Drink-Mix Man posted:

TIL that the wub wub wub sound of the whale probe in ST IV was made by an engineer recording Nimoy making the sound with his mouth, which was later heavily distorted.

https://wubwub3.ytmnd.com

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m really trying to imagine the guy who played the Traveler as Data and my mind is rejecting it

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Every time I see that list and see Roy Thinnes's name in consideration for Picard, I think of the Law & Order pilot where Thinnes is done up with those dorky suspenders and huge Soviet carpet salesman glasses as the district attorney, and imagine that guy (striped shirt, suspenders and all) sitting in the captain's chair.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Carel Struycken should have been Data.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Harry Anderson as Data, John Larroquette as Riker, and Markie Post as Yar.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Who is Kelvin Man Tree?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

galagazombie posted:

"This episode calls for a civilian freighter and a small scale military power's warship."

"So, go dust off this model and that model. It doesn't matter which is which."

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Sash! posted:

"This episode calls for a civilian freighter and a small scale military power's warship."

"So, go dust off this model

In a cruel joke against me, this is one of only a scant handful of micro machine ships that I didn't lose in the Big Stupid Take Your Favorite Toy to School Day adventure. I believe the others were a Ferengi marauder, a Borg cube, and some purple Voyager piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Arglebargle III posted:

Who is Kelvin Man Tree?

Kelvin Han Yee. He's an actor from San Francisco who's been in a bunch of TV and movies, most of it post TNG. Here's a picture of him now.