Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Looks like they aren't going to give us time to move properly and decided to threaten us with the entire region coming after us due to diplomatic ties. They have connections, man.

And it was Havocis that was totally serious business. Kirche seems more reasonable. I get the feeling Havocis is the leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

And don't repair the stuff at murderbase. I mainly wanted to see if they could be reasonable or if they were just basically bullies. I think we have our answer.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
We'll mow them down in due time. Let's get our crafting up and get people geared first.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Rafza, I set up a gate outside of the plan to lock up most of the tents inside. We'll move it later. Everything is broke again for now though, and some of the buildings will be lapsing. I also placed a tent to make sure no guild halls could be placed inside, at least until everything falls apart. But we should be online for that and can move things then.

Katarine didn't repair the well, so hopefully they were just grabbing their stuff and getting out, but now we have an extra layer of discouragement up. If anyone's feeling frisky they can put up one of the towers and throw 25ish arrows in it in case someone taps the walls.

There's also a guild lock in the cabin to use on the back door just in case.

With that done, I'm off for the night. Don't leave the door open!

Kylra fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jun 16, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Here's a contingency plan since we don't have murderbase as a bargaining chip. If they do decide to mess with us again before we can do a proper fight, we should just start building random stone walls all around their base. We'll just carry the mats to plop down a workbench, system table, and several stone walls. Just build as many as we can before they come out to stop us, then scatter away drinking water. We can even checkerboard it so that they can't just extend into it and have nice usable territory. And then people can just come by and repair the walls at their leisure.

This might actually be the most effective pvp strategy for pissing people off that isn't repeatedly leveling their base. And it'll be far far more of an eyesore and annoyance than murderbase.

E: Actually, a solid block of walls might be best to counteract the undead spawning. Hmmm...maybe this plan can be refined more.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 16, 2015

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

I think we can come up with a lot of ideas to gently caress with people, and we can definitely build a pretty badass base.
As far as ~guild business~ goes, right now any time that's not spent crafting is wasted time IMO. We've been doing great with funneling materials to our crafters over the last few days. Let's keep it up.

Tomorrow, we should try to get that new guild hall up so there's no more people left outside of the guild. Other than that, let's just keep grinding away at rulers, worked leather, iron sculptures and the same ole' stuff we have been needing.
I'm at 49 carpentry & 49 tinkering, and so now I'll do my best to be backup sewer/blacksmith.

Processing raw materials into intermediate materials, and then giving those to Raf and Suz is a great way to level up your own skills while contributing to theirs. Intermediate materials also stack much better.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Unless someone breaks down a gate or wall and repairs the stuff inside, we should be good for hall placement today.

Shitlord, you have a tent that will need moving. Try to get on and tear it down today.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

My thoughts on this: While Im not against fighting back etc, It shouldnt fall to us to drive away problems. This game isnt our Livelihood, or our Dream. Its the Devs. Its a sign of a weak Dev that they cant deal with nuisance players; especially ones that drive away customers! At the end of the day, Games are a Business. Cant defend/protect/secure your bottom line? You deserve the sharks. I have a RL. I have a Career. I serve my Country proudly. Defending another man's business from the perspective of a Customer is not only not my job, but not my duty. If OddOne cant prevent Havok from destroying their game, they deserve to land in the heap with the rest.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
This isn't some big deal. Let the chuckle fucks have that region. Build up skybase, get our crafters up there. Train weapon skills in the meantime. Then come down on them like a Cheetos encrusted storm, raining Mountain Dew.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

YOUR SHOPS ARE NO LONGER SAFE.

Stringbean posted:

This isn't some big deal. Let the chuckle fucks have that region. Build up skybase, get our crafters up there. Train weapon skills in the meantime. Then come down on them like a Cheetos encrusted storm, raining Mountain Dew.
That was someone on the forums about Havoc. I just thought it was amusing. The people messing with us are Vortexis.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I'll be in today at about 1:30, we'll get a guild base up.

Did that dingus from below us ever come back to try and steal some poo poo?

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
Hey, I was thinking of getting back into UO on a free server. Would this be a better option? :)

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Rafzakael posted:

I'll be in today at about 1:30, we'll get a guild base up.
The tents won't be down for another 9-10 hours at least.

Trogdor_666 posted:

Hey, I was thinking of getting back into UO on a free server. Would this be a better option? :)
It has a nice mix of pks and carebears, plus overblown rage grudges over minor slights. Combat is simpler than UO right now because a lot of things aren't implemented (magic). I dunno if it would be a "better option", but it's not off the table as potentially something you might be interested in trying.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 16, 2015

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

So I logged on today to see a red sprinting at me with a big 2-handed mithril weapon. The first thing I thought was "God, I hope that thing isn't high quality". Then I squinted just long enough to see it was non other than Newb, the guy posting screenshots of his legendary 2-handed swords.
Exactly one Wile-E-Coyote jaw drop later, I got the gently caress out of Dodge.

His pal came over and started trying to lockpick my cabins. But it looks like he ran out of picks before he could get any of my rare solid locks open.
gently caress.

By those wells, just a stone throw from skybase.
VVVV

Baldbeard fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 16, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Where were you at?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Hmmm...well, we'll see what happens. If they only come by occasionally, whatever. That's how the game works and we don't need to take it as if it were a personal grudge. A small tax of being picked every few days is probably worth being in this good of an area to get our crafters up.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Hahaha holy poo poo.

He might be doing runs around desert biomes searching for rare water, and well, Skybase is on top of a desert...

Anyways yeah, lets let Newb do his thing, dude could single handedly ruin things forever

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Newb is part of the NOMADES bloc in the muddy plains area. We really don't want to piss them off right now or we'll have to go across the map again for real as well as potentially be cut off from easy access to either of good iron or good mythril sources.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
In general we're going to have to keep a few bridges unburnt if we want to really get anywhere. Ideally I'd like to see a shop set up either by the skybase exterior town or somewhere nearby, and sell poo poo the people we don't want to gently caress with desperately need.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

The most valuable thing we could sell to people in the area is probably our bodies.

For pvp.

Seriously though none of them are particularly desperate for goodswe can craft.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I now have a ton of molds and handles. Thank you everyone, and especially Hambeast. Now it is time to GET. METAL. :black101:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Hey nerds, the old houses are gone. I'm trying to design the base, but I need Shitlord to log on and pop his walls and buildings.

I cannot lay the guild hall until this is done.

Other buildings are already up or are ready to go and could use the ol' goon rush in terms of getting wood and stuff

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

The interior base structures are all completed. No one but us will be able to easily slap a guild hall up there now.

I'm only going to break those back walls preventing guild hall placement because I need to get to sleep. Those are the important ones to do asap anyway.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jun 17, 2015

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Steam forums post:

"Seriously 3 and a half hours worth of being chased by people in high level gear doing over 150 damage to me in one shot all to get the crap gear I have in my bag IF YOU HAVE THAT MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS I CAN SUGGEST QUITE A FEW OTHER MORE ENJOYABLE THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH YOURSELVES.
OH BUT WAIT YOU HAVEN'T CROWN UP YET."

Those drat reds need to CROWN UP!

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
> Tree of Life: Crown up or welcome to jail, fucker.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Hra Mormo posted:

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Hra Mormo posted:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

quote:

Wrong. It only *seems* that way because of the little PvE content. Go back and read the features... nowhere in there does it say LAWL NOOB BLOODBATH FEAST ON TEARS LOLOLOL

Plus its Early. Access. Go look at the KR servers (you know, the main customers for this game); they actually Dont abuse the system and treat Reds like they are; shameful turds that deserve to be shunned and buried. Its only us Americans with our lawless morality and fast-car I want it now mentality that treat the playerbase like our personal used napkins...

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
The NOMADES-fairy came and visited us. I have no idea what they took, but they looked disappointed.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

E: Nm.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
I took the wall bits I had up in the back down earlier today by the way. Not sure what the plan was but I'm hoping you were still planning to have walls behind the guild hall, as I'm sure we're going to manage to gently caress up territory SOMEHOW if we don't have a complete perimeter wall.

Also I had a fantasy of an extra sally gate on the weird lip you can't build on so we have a ledge we can sit on while sipping milk and raining arrows down on the peasants.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Yeah, we will. We just need those walls down first to place the guild hall, then the walls will go back up.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Guildhall and some more walls put up. Need to be finished. Will be on most of the night to work on this.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Base status:

Walls that are set need Tessera; guild hall is up, please apply if you haven't. Even if you were in the other <tenbux> you need to apply since that guild hall died.

Shitlord, you need to tear down all your wooden walls, or apply to the guild so someone else can break them.

Cabin and tent placements are final, I will add guild locks to the tents soon enough. Please try to keep things semi organized.

Sewing update: I'm 35 sewing, and I can finally see Iron Armor (Scale Armor) as an option. Ideally, the best thing to do would be continue to use Worked Leather to level up. I need: Rulers, Needles, and Worked Leather. If you are out getting stones for Tessera, please please please PLEASE save your limestone. Limestone is necessary for p much all my crafts, and rare limestone can be turned into artisan poo poo by Suzera when she gets high enough in mining.

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
Just decided to get the game, is there a voice chat we use for this? Man logged in and its soooo dark.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

UPDATE
http://steamcommunity.com/app/361800/announcements

tldr:
-So there's a new blue status where you are "protected from the crime" whatever that means. Possible warning before committing a crime?
-There's now varying degrees of "red" status. As you accumulate crimes you drop more items and start to lose skill points. Planting trees speeds up the criminal timer decay.
-Armor durability loss is in.
-Low end equipment buffed, high end equipment nerfed.
-LONGER loving DAY TIME
-Arrow tower HP nerfed again, arrow production buffed again.
-Chickens can't be fenced up for feathers, must be killed.

Ninja Patched
-There's a new UI for your criminal record.
-Food, bandages, and water now have a 10 second CD. Say goodbye to endlessly chugging water and sprinting.

Weapon durability got nerfed so hard that a Rare iron sword went from 870 durability to 125.
One of the big changes in this patch is that players will be heavily discouraged from going beyond criminal 1 status (1000-2000 minute penalty range) because after that you start losing skill points.

Not sure how to feel about this patch yet. There's so many changes, it will take a while to see how everything plays out. People on the steam forums are saying this patch will kill PVP/the game, but it seems like if you stay in criminal 1, not much will be different -- it just means a few people won't be able to endlessly level a base without having to deal with their criminal status. Weapon durability is definitely hosed up atm.

Baldbeard fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jun 18, 2015

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009
"Innocent (Blue) Evil Deed (Yellow) "

I think it means that you get a warning if you do an evil deed as blue, turning you yellow. If you then make another evil deed in the next minute you turn red. It is easy to misclick in this game so it's nice to get a warning. Maybe 100 blues can kill someone now without going criminal.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Loss of exp is a pretty big deal, I have a feeling that some habitual reds may stay blue/yellow (not Havoc or KING or Nomades obv, they have all the gear and it doesn't matter for them). Arrow towers got a slight buff too since higher end armor got nerfed a little bit, and arrow production got better too. Stacking arrow towers will be a lot harder for people to cheese, especially with the food/bandage/water change.

This does mean, however, that sewing exp just got even more important, since the armors I make will need to be replaced eventually.

also increased ghost time, that's gonna suck for them

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

So the new yellow status means you can steal and kill without going red so long as you stay under so many crime points. Am I reading that right? And protection from towers I suppose?

And you can plant trees to actively reduce crime points now. This might make for a new dynamic with more casual crimes and less large scale raids.

E. Yep, people seem to be confirming you can straight up kill blues and not receive any penalty so long as you wait before doing it again (about 60 seconds). Can't wait to get off work now haha.

Baldbeard fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jun 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

It would be a shame if someone cut down all the trees.

• Locked thread