Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm one thousand percent onboard with early JoJo until the breathing technique stuff is introduced. At that point it kind of loses me for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Part 1 of Jojo is a fantastic weird Japanese written Victorian Horror story and if you didn't like it you don't deserve any of the rest of JoJo.

The art is loving awful though and only goes up to "tolerable" with Battle Tendency. Battle Tendency is also less clunky and coasts on having more charisma that's sorely lacking in Phantom Blood.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Hating JoJo is like hating the Beatles. Yeah, maybe you're legitimate about it, but all I can ever see is people fishing for Hipster Cred.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Burkion posted:

I'm one thousand percent onboard with early JoJo until the breathing technique stuff is introduced. At that point it kind of loses me for a while.

Hamon is mostly a convenient reason to punch vampires and make it count but was also not so overpowered that users can't be defeated by "aha but it was I who was behind you all along" until Joseph came along and he was far more genre savvy than his grandfather was.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Xelkelvos posted:

Can someone who's a math major or higher help decipher the episode card for the latest episode of Build? The most I've gotten is that it involves the chromatic number for a planar graph and it's equal to 4. I assume it's in reference to the four color theorem, but my level of maths understanding goes up to what I can gather from google, wikipeida and wolframalpha with an actual maths education that goes up to DiffEq and Calculus 3.
Yes, it's a concise statement of the four colour theorem. It's saying the maximum value of chi(G) (the colouring number of a graph) over all possible planar graphs G is 4.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

PMush Perfect posted:

Hating JoJo is like hating the Beatles. Yeah, maybe you're legitimate about it, but all I can ever see is people fishing for Hipster Cred.

I didn't even think my opinions about early JoJo were controversial. :(

Anyway I'm gonna check out Build today, like I said. It totally passes my initial design aesthetic test.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

TenCentFang posted:

I didn't even think my opinions about early JoJo were controversial. :(

Anyway I'm gonna check out Build today, like I said. It totally passes my initial design aesthetic test.
I'm honestly mostly just shitposting. I don't like Part 1, either.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
JoJo doesn't come out on its own until Joseph the rusemaster, but it's rad story about British Kenshiro Van Helsing.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
JoJo PT 1 absolutely bangs and to say otherwise is heresy

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
No offense to Emu but it is nice to see a protagonist talking to a child and not immediately getting owned by them afterwards.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I've got the day off from work, and no other plans. Time to marathon the final bit of Ex-Aid.

Episode 35, here we go.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Can Of Worms posted:

Yes, it's a concise statement of the four colour theorem. It's saying the maximum value of chi(G) (the colouring number of a graph) over all possible planar graphs G is 4.

Neat.

I'm really curious as to what they'll do at higher number counts.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
https://twitter.com/TheRealMattHunt/status/912336700512272384

You'll never see it coming...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Guess what time it is!

https://twitter.com/therealmatthunt/status/912336700512272384

Someone's been playing Persona.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
A double sentai? Wow, that actually sounds really cool. I mean, they obviously have the budget for at least 12 sentai suits, so that's enough for two teams of 6.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
That sounds cool as hell, if it's true. I hope they don't fall into the trap of having the police team be like the most uptight people in the universe. I want both sides to be huge weirdos.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So a team of cops Vs a team of thieves then? Sounds interesting but I'm curious how it's going to work exactly.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
What.

Is this legitimately legit beyond a doubt, sounds made up

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The trademarks have been confirmed, yes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dekaranger vs Gokaiger

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I'm curious which team are going to be the title characters though, if it's both then that means the inevitable VS movie will have one of the longest titles ever.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Could it be that they're going to have two Sentai series running at the same time? Or alternating?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No way. Considering the diametrically opposed nature of the teams, there's no way they're not in the same series. This is new ground for Sentai, I think. Rider's had Rider vs Rider stuff for a while, but there's never been Sentai vs Sentai.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waffleman_ posted:

Dekaranger vs Gokaiger

I was gonna say Ninninger vs Gokaiger, because I'm a traditionalist memesmith.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so, they can have the two teams interacting differently in and out of suits. i dunno about the rest, but that seems like a premise that could do a lot with secret identities.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Gonna be at least one one relationship between he teams that gets tested before the teams ultimately work together to beat Space Satan.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
I like how we can already take a guess at what the crossover will be (balance and naga working with the thief team and kyuranger helping the cops)

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Gonna be at least one one relationship between he teams that gets tested before the teams ultimately work together to beat Space Satan.

Right? What's the actual bad guy going to be?

Alternatively, this would be hilarious:
It's from one team's perspective as "the protagonists", switching every other episode with 2 different OPs and everything, and it's sentai teams sending monsters after each other (robots from the cops, weird golems or something from the thieves).

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

deadly_pudding posted:

Alternatively, this would be hilarious:
It's from one team's perspective as "the protagonists", switching every other episode with 2 different OPs and everything, and it's sentai teams sending monsters after each other (robots from the cops, weird golems or something from the thieves).

Cop robots and stolen cop robots. Every other episode is the same as the last with a different team digitally edited over the other.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I can only hope that Lupinranger has dramatic, over-the-top heists.

Maybe a cameo from Kamen Rider Lupin in the Hyper Battle Video?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I feel like it should have been "Lupinger", but that's my only beef so far.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I can't wait to see Saban homogenize and ruin this one!

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I can't wait to see Saban homogenize and ruin this one!

Oh please, what could they do wrong with a show about cops in america

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

"Pato" is "duck" in Spanish.

I know it's supposed to be a pun on Patrol+Ranger but I can't see it as anything other than Duckranger.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

MachuPikacchu posted:

I know it's supposed to be a pun on Patrol+Ranger but I can't see it as anything other than Duckranger.

PigRanger would be too on the nose.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

That sounds cool as hell, if it's true. I hope they don't fall into the trap of having the police team be like the most uptight people in the universe. I want both sides to be huge weirdos.

It should've been Meitantei versus Kaitou, Detectives versus Thieves. Though, I guess Kamen Rider has the toku detective market cornered.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Regarding episode four of Build, I'm going to assume that we're supposed to think Boss is Blood Stark, which would mean that he actually isn't. Still, I really hope he is because that would be awesome.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

MachuPikacchu posted:

I couldn't even think about it being Patrolranger until I read it. My brain refused to admit it could be something other than Duckranger.

So let's place bets, when is Dekaranger/Patoranger vs Gokaiger/Lupinranger happening?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Twelve by Pies posted:

Regarding episode four of Build, I'm going to assume that we're supposed to think Boss is Blood Stark, which would mean that he actually isn't. Still, I really hope he is because that would be awesome.

I am guessing that Build hunting down Smash is a part of their experiments, and possibly Build himself. Sento did say that becoming Build was Boss's idea. It could be that...

1. Faust creates Smash and sets them loose.
2. Build takes care of and cures the Smash.
3. Faust takes notes of the resulting Smash performance to make better Smash and Build's own growth, if not for some other purpose, then to at least keep tabs on him while they figure out what to do. Basically, they are using Build as a way to clean up their messes.

Also, I half expected the wall to come down to reveal that Faust's base was literally next door to their lab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's what I was expecting, too.