Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
When does the x2 cycle quest end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Monday! Get your cycle keys used up friendos. If you can stand to stomach that much grinding. It's worth it if you have a lot to build up a autobattle team.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Uhg this coop is the only way to get those artifacts?

Without a good edge balthier or terra it's brutal

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Yeah I think they really hosed up introducing the co-op this early and making it so brutal, it's going to put a whole lot of people off of this game probably forever.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
they hosed up with introducing 2x lv 70 bosses.

Playing with pubbies is such a chore, 3x Terras is super stressful. A Balthier and Edge goes a long way to streamlining a fight but ppl rarely use them because 'muh tier lists'.

Spam keys and crystal str level 50 for characters you care about.

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah I think they really hosed up introducing the co-op this early and making it so brutal, it's going to put a whole lot of people off of this game probably forever.

I’d love to see the stats on who exactly is pushing for these top end rewards though. For me, if I get the armour tokens, I’m not super committed to pushing for gatcha tickets and I’d imagine most people are like me. That’s as opposed to “must get all the points”

EzEight posted:

Playing with pubbies is such a chore, 3x Terras is super stressful. A Balthier and Edge goes a long way to streamlining a fight but ppl rarely use them because 'muh tier lists'.

I prefer 3x Terra to having a Balth. Even reasonably well played Terra’s make the fight trivial.

I have to admit though, my 32k top score was Balth/Edge/Terra. The only time I’ve had an Edge in group and he absolutely destroyed the boss brave bars.

Pinball Jizzard fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Mar 9, 2018

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Edge's shock and a stolen buffed Balthier can break 4k brv and stop bosses in their tracks so it lessens the stress.

The fastest time with 3 terras I've had is 56turns and 31k score

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Yeah I'm definitely not going past 1 mil, if I even feel like going for that. Hitting 2 million at the average pace it seems to go for me would work out to like literally part-time work hours. That's fine when you are just setting something on autobattle while you're doing chores / other things, but not when you actually have to pay attention to your phone the entire time, and especially when it's co-op that can't be paused.

Also I just realized you only get 4 armor tokens per week from events, lol that's messed up.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Im definitely not getting the 2 Million if I just do Bells everyday, which is the plan.

does coming in as Guest also give the same amount of rewards as hosting does?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
On the bright side, the artifacts are more or less completely useless. Since the buffs/cost are randomly generated, they usually end up ridiculously overpriced. It looks like the only ones even worth bothering to level are the 4*'s. As 90% of the time the 2 and 3* ones are like.. +55 INT BRV for 15cp or something equally ridiculous.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Pinball Jizzard posted:

I’d love to see the stats on who exactly is pushing for these top end rewards though. For me, if I get the armour tokens, I’m not super committed to pushing for gatcha tickets and I’d imagine most people are like me. That’s as opposed to “must get all the points”

I prefer 3x Terra to having a Balth. Even reasonably well played Terra’s make the fight trivial.

I have to admit though, my 32k top score was Balth/Edge/Terra. The only time I’ve had an Edge in group and he absolutely destroyed the boss brave bars.

edge is very good if theres even 1 turn both attack him, because a single turn he can ninja vanish gives the party a lot of momentum

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Alright, everyone is at levle 50 and crystal strength 40 (with about a third at 50). Not sure if is hould throw my keys at more crystals or wait for more characters so i don't "waste" the xp side of the keys.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

So long as you're not capping your crystals at 999, keep using keys for now with the 2x multiplier. You'll get them a lot faster with a dedicated farming party, and grinding XP for 1-3 new characters at a time isn't onerous between ten L50 dailies/farming spots/the initial 2x multiplier.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Shoenin posted:

Im definitely not getting the 2 Million if I just do Bells everyday, which is the plan.

does coming in as Guest also give the same amount of rewards as hosting does?
You can't get the printed (ie, one-time) clear rewards for the mission, but you'll get points and co-op rewards as usual.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

NGDBSS posted:

You can't get the printed (ie, one-time) clear rewards for the mission, but you'll get points and co-op rewards as usual.

Don't you lose out on the other two people's co-op rewards?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Arbitrary Number posted:

Don't you lose out on the other two people's co-op rewards?

I don't think so, though you *do* lose them if someone disconnects, which sucks.

edit: also, today I am trapped in the hell of every guest joining my co-op trying to bring Vaan, Squall, or Cloud.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 10, 2018

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I don't think so, though you *do* lose them if someone disconnects, which sucks.

edit: also, today I am trapped in the hell of every guest joining my co-op trying to bring Vaan, Squall, or Cloud.
Unfortunately multiplayer has no explicit kick option, but then again it's real easy to just cancel the room and restart it until you find two people with a clue.

Plus having three Balthiers kinda allows a party to just chew through boss health and steal buffs like crazy in this event. Usually I get scores of 25-30K, so this was just hilarious.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 10, 2018

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Oh I misread. Yeah I don't think there's a difference between guest and host rewards.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I've seen a lot of interesting ways to die in this coop, but watching a Terra chant when the boss only has 400 BRV before using Wave Cannon really takes the cake.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
I've been playing with pubbies and averaging 31k pts is the norm. Some are lost as hell and some horde brv pts before busting out HP atks.
Seriously if you have 3k brv just use it if everything is broken. and you are not a target

How do goons get together for coop matches?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

EzEight posted:

I've been playing with pubbies and averaging 31k pts is the norm. Some are lost as hell and some horde brv pts before busting out HP atks.
Seriously if you have 3k brv just use it if everything is broken. and you are not a target

Been using the discord it just spam out requests

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?

EzEight posted:

I tend to hoard but usually I'm most likely to do it during summons, because that's the one time I can get Edge to really get enough brave to hit like a motherfucker.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Made a sheet to keep track of some things. Planning to expand it once the better weapons come out. Is there anything else I should add to this?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Man, why is the auto AI so poo poo in this game? It should not be this hard for a team of level 50s to auto through a max-rank cycle quest, but they just constantly let themselves take huge amounts of HP damage.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Man, why is the auto AI so poo poo in this game? It should not be this hard for a team of level 50s to auto through a max-rank cycle quest, but they just constantly let themselves take huge amounts of HP damage.

Because it only HP attacks when at or near fill brave or when it would kill the enemy

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Whoever decided battle 2 of Rank 4 & 5 Cycle Quests should have 2x Movers needs to be junk punched.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Its meant to buffer/take as much time so you don't get 999 of all crystals in one 30min cycle.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Movers are less annoying than the cactuars imo

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Well, I think I'm done farming the 70 co-op. It was definitely more enjoyable than the 60 co-op event.

I think I lucked into some decent Terra artifacts too.

Kyoujin fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 12, 2018

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Quote is not edit

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

ANOTHER loving Co-Op quest for a character and their grear? They REALLY need to stop this bullshit. Co-Op sucks.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

ANOTHER loving Co-Op quest for a character and their grear? They REALLY need to stop this bullshit. Co-Op sucks.

You only need to do co op for the last one for armor tokens.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
I... I LIKE co-op. :saddowns: Getting Yda ready for it and everything.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Kheldarn posted:

Isn't this the format for literally every event going forward? It should all be soloable except the lvl 70 one, which is for grinding out artifacts / tickets / armor tokens.

I mean I guess they lowered the score to 800k for all 5 armor tokens this time, at least. Would be a lot nicer at half of that, though. I actually like the co-op but even as I close in on a million points I am extremely sick of these two robots, and I can't even imagine forcing myself to do another 50 runs or whatever to hit 2 million.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
This coop is a lot nicer because the fight is really fast. Also you don't have to deal with bullshit robots regening brave on their turn into an unblockable hp attack. Just kill the familiars ASAP and blow the boss up. Fight ends pretty much the second Ifrits are ready.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
"I wish I could have a kupo nut." -Terra Branford 2018

Also why is there numbers in parenthesis for the small summoner Co-op missions?

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 12, 2018

Thurin
Jun 24, 2006

Shoenin posted:

Also why is there numbers in parenthesis for the small summoner Co-op missions?
I think that's to indicate that there are 15 missions total.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
Kinda neat to see that in the span of only a week they listened to feedback and made some QoL adjustments.

Armor tokens are what actually matters. Tickets are nice but in theory they might well all be bronze crap anyway.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

say no to bats posted:

Kinda neat to see that in the span of only a week they listened to feedback and made some QoL adjustments.

Armor tokens are what actually matters. Tickets are nice but in theory they might well all be bronze crap anyway.

pulled yshtola and shantoto off the eiko banner with 8 tickets lol. tickets own. never spend crystals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Is it just me or does Eiko seem really, really good? With her 5* weapon, the buffs on her first ability last 12 turns.