Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Eh, it's not so much that you confuse me (IA confuses the gently caress out of me but I can still feel comfortably making my best guess), more like from the few games we've played together so far I just keep getting it wrong so I don't have any sense yet that I have any clue how to read you.

gotcha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

CapitalistPig posted:

I yearn for the halcyon days of yore, when mafia was about calling people idiots instead of things like winning or being logical.

Dang kids and your taking things seriously.

:allears:

Back in my day...

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hmmm why is sand so town so far? I’d say I have a null read of him at best, but he seems off to me from his normal town ways so far. I’d say maybe he’s a bit more scattershot than I’d expect and I think his read on GG was a bit odd and maybe unnecessary at the point he made it

Honestly, I find myself dismissing sandwolf as town somewhat on early days. I kinda like him and enjoy a constant in my games

It usually results in me dying if he's scum, or in the case of the last game killing a bunch of inactive townies. He usually gives himself away pretty close to lylo if town isn't tunneled and pays attention but that is a long time to wait

I'm not seeing anything egregious this game that makes me want to kill him tho

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote RF not liking his posts thus far. Do better RF

Is this a lurker vote

I don't recall any of his posts

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote RF not liking his posts thus far. Do better RF

Hal, if that vote on me was serious I am beyond irate and I don’t see how this game can continue with both of us in it

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Gumball Gumption posted:

I mean this in the most straightforward way possible, I don't know what you mean.

Yesterday I read one of those posts as more serious than the other and your response didn't discern between the two. Today I just don't see it the same way upon reread

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

Hal, if that vote on me was serious I am beyond irate and I don’t see how this game can continue with both of us in it

That’s fair let’s do this

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Bifauxnen posted:

Eh, it's not so much that you confuse me (IA confuses the gently caress out of me but I can still feel comfortably making my best guess), more like from the few games we've played together so far I just keep getting it wrong so I don't have any sense yet that I have any clue how to read you.

Statistically, he's probably town :rimshot:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Squiggly posted:

Is this a lurker vote

Umm I mean there was like whole page of discussion about his vote on cpig and people calling him out that happened quite recently did you miss all that?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Retro Futurist posted:

Even if Obama is scum, pig is pushing too hard based on nothing, that's my point. It's aided by my town read of Obama but independent of it

I actually can kinda see this in a different way

Pigs had a but more effort posting in this game than I'm used to

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Squiggly posted:

Is this a lurker vote

Squiggly might not be reading my posts but RF's are simple enough for him to draw his own conclusions

I feel very strongly about RF, Obama and Squiggly as scum reads so if I end up dead tomorrow I expect y'all to avenge me

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Squiggly posted:

Yesterday I read one of those posts as more serious than the other and your response didn't discern between the two. Today I just don't see it the same way upon reread

Ah gotcha, for whatever it's worth my intention was for one to be more half serious/half joke that's grown into full serious and one that was big full joke.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Bifauxnen posted:

Squiggly might not be reading my posts but RF's are simple enough for him to draw his own conclusions

I feel very strongly about RF, Obama and Squiggly as scum reads so if I end up dead tomorrow I expect y'all to avenge me

You're a loving idiot

I didn't read any of his posts either you buffoon that's why I don't recall them

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hm, gotta be at least four scum though. Last could be binus if it's not AC, or maybe...

Hal Incandenza posted:

Umm I mean there was like whole page of discussion about his vote on cpig and people calling him out that happened quite recently did you miss all that?

Hal maybe getting in some distance just now while Squiggly settles in to see how he's gonna tackle this

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Squiggly posted:

You're a loving idiot

I didn't read any of his posts either you buffoon that's why I don't recall them

Have a beautiful day!

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Bifauxnen posted:

Have a beautiful day!

Maybe don't straight up mischaracterize things with fictional narratives :waycool:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Hm, gotta be at least four scum though. Last could be binus if it's not AC, or maybe...

Hal maybe getting in some distance just now while Squiggly settles in to see how he's gonna tackle this

Sigh, so you agree with my point but the conclusion is I am probably scum for it

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hal Incandenza posted:

Seems like there was a lot of discussion and then he voted cpig but yeah the back and forth with the long winded puffbag kinda made my eyes gloss over

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Squiggly posted:

Maybe don't straight up mischaracterize things with fictional narratives :waycool:

Oh I'm mischaracterising am I? Please go on and tell me what's being mischaracterised, and let me know if you need a lift cause that backpedal you were doin seems to have stalled out

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sigh, so you agree with my point but the conclusion is I am probably scum for it

Oh calm down I'm just floating ideas for the last spot on my scum list

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hal Incandenza posted:

Don't worry Hal statistically you're probably town :viggo:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Squiggly posted:

Seems like there was a lot of discussion and then he voted cpig but yeah the back and forth with the long winded puffbag kinda made my eyes gloss over

Scum loooooove to say poo poo like this when I'm on to em

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh I'm mischaracterising am I? Please go on and tell me what's being mischaracterised, and let me know if you need a lift cause that backpedal you were doin seems to have stalled out

Uh yeah here's the loving post it's on the same page

Squiggly posted:

Is this a lurker vote

Bifauxnen posted:

It's a relatively simple misread, and instead of just saying oh yeah huh not reading those either you dig in because you don't actually give a poo poo what I'm saying or you're too dumb to grasp it.

You bring up me rereading and deciding you explaining yourself better is somehow scummy instead of addressing the actual point of this new conversation, which is a legitimate logical fallacy. You sniping at me without actual points is having a negative impact of what was an earlier townie perception.

How dare I continue to develop opinions as this day goes on instead of deciding that someone has to be scum and warping my viewpoints to fit that as you seem intent on doing

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Bifauxnen posted:

Scum loooooove to say poo poo like this when I'm on to em

This is a complete trash post

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Squiggly posted:

Uh yeah here's the loving post it's on the same page

It's a relatively simple misread, and instead of just saying oh yeah huh not reading those either you dig in because you don't actually give a poo poo what I'm saying or you're too dumb to grasp it.

You bring up me rereading and deciding you explaining yourself better is somehow scummy instead of addressing the actual point of this new conversation, which is a legitimate logical fallacy. You sniping at me without actual points is having a negative impact of what was an earlier townie perception.

How dare I continue to develop opinions as this day goes on instead of deciding that someone has to be scum and warping my viewpoints to fit that as you seem intent on doing

Ok how about I just ask for clarification before making further accusations. Is one of your arguments here actually supposed to be "Bif is scummy for misreading or misinterpreting or not believing my very serious point, that I have not been reading people's posts at all. Also my not reading poo poo is not scummy behaviour and Bif is a loving idiot to think so"

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Bifauxnen posted:

This is not at all related to the post you quoted and is in fact the complete opposite

Whether or not I glossed over a bunch of posts while reading and trying to get caught up is irrelevant

You interpreting a post where I very clearly missed something to me reading and drawing conclusions is just a wildly inaccurate interpretation

How is that a good faith reading or post and you not just making up a narrative

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Lol Whoops I’m still voting sandwolf ##unvote

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Squiggly posted:

This is not at all related to the post you quoted and is in fact the complete opposite

Whether or not I glossed over a bunch of posts while reading and trying to get caught up is irrelevant

You interpreting a post where I very clearly missed something to me reading and drawing conclusions is just a wildly inaccurate interpretation

How is that a good faith reading or post and you not just making up a narrative

I'm trying to keep things punchy for you! But let me translate the post into longform.

"Squiggly might not be reading my posts... " = Sarcastic reminder to the thread of how you make a frequent performative point of finding my posts tiresome and maybe not even reading them. I already find this scummy to begin with.

"...but RF's are simple enough for him to draw his own conclusions" = making an underline of the previous point by insulting your attention span, and suggesting that you are not intelligent enough to handle more than a couple sentences of reading. And insinuating that it's actually kind of suspicious and hard to believe that you wouldn't notice any of the recent discussion about RF.

tl;dr - whatever you say about which posts you read when, I just don't believe you really.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Right. So it's not a good faith reading and is just lovely sniping

##vote bif

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah yeah yeah get out of the kitchen mate, for all your missing the good old days you can't seem to take the heat even though I'm the one in the southern hemisphere here

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
It seems like you should be voting me, and the reason you aren't is to keep obama as a clear vote lead since I have no votes/momentum currently

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Squiggly posted:

It seems like you should be voting me, and the reason you aren't is to keep obama as a clear vote lead since I have no votes/momentum currently

Sadly I am not a triple voter

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Squiggly posted:

Right. So it's not a good faith reading and is just lovely sniping

##vote bif

I mean this is just distracting from the initial point which is you came back to thread and made this long point about Sandwolf and how you read him this game and hadn’t seen any reason to think he was scum. Implying you had, you know, read things. Then you follow it up by saying you don’t remember anything RF did even though Sandwolf was one of the people engaging with RF and you had apparently at least read Sandwolf.

It would seem what you really did was hit the “?” on my posts and chose a few to respond to rather than actually do what you claimed and now you’re spinning something else so we don’t notice how that sequence makes no sense

Ugh ##vote Squiggly

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean this is just distracting from the initial point which is you came back to thread and made this long point about Sandwolf and how you read him this game and hadn’t seen any reason to think he was scum. Implying you had, you know, read things. Then you follow it up by saying you don’t remember anything RF did even though Sandwolf was one of the people engaging with RF and you had apparently at least read Sandwolf.

It would seem what you really did was hit the “?” on my posts and chose a few to respond to rather than actually do what you claimed and now you’re spinning something else so we don’t notice how that sequence makes no sense

Ugh ##vote Squiggly

Your post (the one I replied to) is on a different page than anything else being referenced and those are my sandwolf thoughts at that time when I replied

This post makes no sense

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
There are sandwolf and rf posts that come after your post, which is after I replied, but I'm not sure if that's what you're referencing

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Squiggly posted:

There are sandwolf and rf posts that come after your post, which is after I replied, but I'm not sure if that's what you're referencing

I’m talking about when you reappeared in the thread. I feel like you went off on this back and forth with bif to try and push your fake sounding reads into the background after bif and I pointed them out and make this about bif being disingenuous or whatever

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

But hey you are statistically likely to be town so what do I know

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

sandnavyguy posted:

I’m not, I’m very town. My lips and hips can not lie. I’m just working and also wary of reading through the fight pages so I’ll do it when I’m home and give my reads FWIW.

Calling it now sng is godfather

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hal Incandenza posted:

I’m talking about when you reappeared in the thread. I feel like you went off on this back and forth with bif to try and push your fake sounding reads into the background after bif and I pointed them out and make this about bif being disingenuous or whatever

Go back and read page 16. It appears that what you want to accuse me of happens after I would have replied to you. In fact that reply is literally why I missed the rest of the posts on that page. The phone app doesn't continue where you left off after you post and I thought I was on the next page when I went back. I'm really confused as to how you're construing this but apparently this is an actual thing which is just mind boggling to me

I don't think my reads are fake at all, but that seems to be a different point unless you're saying I'm faking missing posts which is just really dumb and I don't understand why you think that would be the case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hal Incandenza posted:

But hey you are statistically likely to be town so what do I know

:discourse: