Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
Apologies for the error, I've come down with a really horrible bug at the moment so I just barreled ahead without thinking straight. Here is the amended council meeting:

Council Meeting

Welcome to the twenty-fifth weekly council meeting. We have had another quiet day in court but there are a couple of interesting issues that we need to deal with. The first involves more strange weather phenomena in another village, there seems to be a gale that is growing ever stronger and is showing no signs of stopping. There has been extensive damage to many of the buildings and they need our help. Stan isn't available right now as we could have sent him and his team to help them rebuild. We could send Alena, who may be able to work some of her magic to stop the gale. Alternatively, we could give the peasants 25 suppplies to help them repair and rebuild. Of course, we can just tell him to bugger off.

It seems like we haven't quite gotten rid of the Oracle Dust problem from Grevno just yet. A baker from the market has been selling this narcotic on his own premises and is now in trouble with one of the local gangs. This gang is threatening to take away his daughter if he doesn't pay them what he owes them. The King was prepared to throw him in jail until I reminded him that we would be needing the services of every skilled worker in the city if the Radovians decided to put Grevno under siege. We aren't able to send Stan to clear up this mess, unfortunately. We could give him 25 gold to help cover his debts though. Or we could also tell him to bugger off.

Map

We still have many villages to explore if you decide that Alena's time is better spent elsewhere.

Davern (North)

Davern (South)

Allies

We still have business to discuss with a couple of the nobles.

Jovan - We can speak to him about the magical phenomenon.

Grego - We can sell more paintings to Grego.

That is all for now. We will take a short recess and then we will discuss your thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Have the witch investigate Plocko. She has better things to do than help some poor PEASANTS with some wind. Stupid PEASANTS can sod off!

Same with this oracle dust dealer. He can sod off! It's not my the King's problem that he can't run a semi illicit drug business and got muscled out by a more competent dealer.

And yes yes, invite Jovan. I'm sure he'll be absolutely a delight to have again. Oh wait, sorry I was talking about the lady from a couple weeks ago, she was a delight! Jovan? Boring as hell, probably

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Send Alena to check out the gale. Or just get Slaan to stop generating quite so much wind.

I'd be happy to tell our drug peddling friend to reap what he has sown, but his daughter doesn't deserve to be caught up in this. I suppose we have to pay his debt but let us make it very clear he owes the crown.

And speak to Jovan, I suppose, since we have no use for Grego and apparently nobody else knows anything about anything.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
I've updated my earlier post to reflect Stan not being around.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

jkq posted:

I've updated my earlier post to reflect Stan not being around.

same

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Your Grace, Your Grace! They are after me! Please help! I have a little bakery on the market. I make cakes and the like. Pretty good ones too! I also run a little additional business, on the side... Folks call it Oracle Dust. It can help you see the future, they say. Everything was going well... until local crooks came along and... Started demanding more and more Dust. They threatened me when I refused. They told me they would take my little girl if I don't bring them more! I don't know what to do about them, Your Grace. I have no gold to buy more Dust, nor I want to have anything to do with it anymore. All I wanted was to make some extra coin...

:ughh:

tell him to sod off

oh, and send Alena to take care of the gale

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Yeah, tell the baker to get lost.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Black Robe posted:

Or just get Slaan to stop generating quite so much wind.

:thurman:

A mysterious gale, eh? I would much rather have Alena go investigate some other localities, but it sounds like this is escalating. Ask Alena to deal with the weather phenomenon.

Roving bandits are in our lands, and now threats of kidnapping! Why must we be cursed with only one general?! Give the foolish baker 25 gold for now and pray Stan hurries back to us soon.

To cover the expenses of the non-ransom, I suggest we sell more paintings to Grego.

And finally, my good and noble council members... A carnival! For the people! If Radovian forces decimate our lands, at least we will have given our people one final celebration to bring them light in these dark times!

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

We can't hire a second general can we?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
I'll give the voting another day as the last vote was only yesterday. It turns out that I have tonsilitis and it's hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm on the mend though and slowly starting to feel human again. I'm going to aim to have the next update up over the weekend

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

We can't hire a second general can we?

We can't, there was some confusion early on the LP as it did seem like there was an opportunity to have someone else hire one for us but it turned out not to be the case when the deal eventually went through.

We can only have 1 agent of each type and as you can see in the image above, there is a third type that is currently blanked out. We will get a third agent eventually but I'm not going to spoil who, how and when.

(Edit) These are the results so far:

Gale
Send Alena - 6
No Help - 1

Baker
No Help - 5
Pay Debt - 1

Invite
Grego - 1
Jovan - 4

Alena Free?
Plocko - 1

Upgrade?
Carnival - 1

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

What the heck, I'll toss a vote in for the carnival as well. If we subject our citizenry to carries first, a mere invading army will seem downright pleasant.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

I'll give the voting another day as the last vote was only yesterday. It turns out that I have tonsilitis and it's hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm on the mend though and slowly starting to feel human again. I'm going to aim to have the next update up over the weekend

Oof. Get well soon!

We can only have 1 agent of each type and as you can see in the image above, there is a third type that is currently blanked out. We will get a third agent eventually but I'm not going to spoil who, how and when.

Is that 4th slot for Cedani's pets?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

jkq posted:

I'll tell Audry to keep an armed guard near the pidgeon at all times.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

jkq posted:

Oof. Get well soon!

Stabber 2 - Electric Bugaloo

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I'm not sure my rear end could take anot... I mean, tch, these pets of the girl are ridiculous
The king must put his foot down!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Slaan posted:

The king must put his foot down!

No, no, that's how we lost the last one. :v:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (49) Week Twenty-Five Summary

I apologise for the slight delay in resuming the meeting, I've been feeling a little under the weather and decided to go for a nap. I slept a little longer than I was intended too. We will begin with this village suffering from the adverse weather. Shall we help them out or do you think it's all just a lot of hot air?

Quackles: Alena can take care of the gale.

jkq: Send Alena to take care of the gale, maybe she can find a way to stop the winds.

FoolyCharged: As much fun as it would be to see Stan swinging his sword at it, let's send Alena to deal with the gale. Perhaps she can stop it before too much damage is done that will need repairs.

Slaan: Have the witch investigate Plocko. She has better things to do than help some poor PEASANTS with some wind. Stupid PEASANTS can sod off!

Black Robe: Send Alena to check out the gale. Or just get Slaan to stop generating quite so much wind.

sb hermit: send Alena to take care of the gale

Bregor: A mysterious gale, eh? I would much rather have Alena go investigate some other localities, but it sounds like this is escalating. Ask Alena to deal with the weather phenomenon.

I will send Alena at first light, hopefully she won't blow this one! What are we going to do about this baker and his side business?

Bregor: Roving bandits are in our lands, and now threats of kidnapping! Why must we be cursed with only one general?! Give the foolish baker 25 gold for now and pray Stan hurries back to us soon.

sb hermit: tell him to sod off

Quackles: Yeah, tell the baker to get lost.

Black Robe: I'd be happy to tell our drug peddling friend to reap what he has sown, but his daughter doesn't deserve to be caught up in this. I suppose we have to pay his debt but let us make it very clear he owes the crown.

Slaan: Same with this oracle dust dealer. He can sod off! It's not my the King's problem that he can't run a semi illicit drug business and got muscled out by a more competent dealer.

FoolyCharged: I suppose if Stan I too busy to bust up thesr gangs operating on our lands, and jailing this cretin is out of the question, the best we can do is tell the drug dealer to sod off. No, we're not going to finance your drug dealing. Especially when you insult us by not even offering a cut.

jkq: Too bad Stan's busy. Tell him to go away, he'll need to solve his own problems. Or maybe he can talk to that guy that claimed he was helping all the people the King turned away.

I will inform the King about our decision at his earliest convenience. Have you all decided on who to invite to court next week?

FoolyCharged: Might as well invite Jovan. There's not really much else to do on that front right now.

Black Robe: Speak to Jovan, I suppose, since we have no use for Grego and apparently nobody else knows anything about anything.

Bregor: To cover the expenses of the non-ransom, I suggest we sell more paintings to Grego.

jkq: Invite Jovan so that we can ask about the magical phenomenon.

Slaan: Yes yes, invite Jovan. I'm sure he'll be absolutely a delight to have again. Oh wait, sorry I was talking about the lady from a couple weeks ago, she was a delight! Jovan? Boring as hell, probably

Jovan it is then. Maybe his missing children will provide some sort of amusement... I mean... interesting distraction. Is there anything further to discuss?

Bregor: My good and noble council members... A carnival! For the people! If Radovian forces decimate our lands, at least we will have given our people one final celebration to bring them light in these dark times!

FoolyCharged: What the heck, I'll toss a vote in for the carnival as well. If we subject our citizenry to carries first, a mere invading army will seem downright pleasant.

I will see about its construction as long as it doesn't interfere with our day-to-day business. I believe that we are done here for the day. Thank you all for your time, I will see you all next week!

Perhaps the Witch can help protect your homes. I'll send her over right away.

Oh wow! You can do that?

I certainly hope so.

Thank you, Your Grace!

I'm sorry, I can't help. Even if I sent a General after them, they probably have friends that would find you and your family. You shouldn't have been selling Oracle Dust. It attracts bandits too easily. I suggest you pack your bags and leave Davern, or they will not stop harrassing you.

But... Your Grace, I have a business here, I can't just leave it all... Huh. I guess you're right though, I'll pack my bags... My wife warned me this wouldn't end well...

End of Week Twenty-Five!

Inventory

Archives

Gale

Side Business

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (50) No Potatoes

Cedani?

I'm fine, Father!

Oh, Cedani... I'd better check on her later.

We got rid of the outlaws taking over the village, Your Grace. They will not cause any more problems.

This should also give a warning to any other bandits who rebel against their King.

The people were very thankful for your help.

At your service, Your Grace.

I've heard that your child went missing. Is that something to do with the magic in the forest?

Oh, and who told you that? Don't you think that I would come to see you in person if my village and my family was in trouble? Besides, I don't have any children... Whoever told you this was clearly trying to set you up. My advice: don't go easy on the fellow. I know I wouldn't.

I have found this phial near Branca, can you tell me anything about it?

Phials have many uses today, they can be used in preparing and storing potions and spices, or even as ornaments! This one is nicely decorated, but it has been used to hold some sort of substance... That's all I can think of, I'm afraid.

That will be all for now.

As you please, Your Grace.

Your Grace! Everyone is gone! All the townsfolk disappeared from Oborka! Poof! One day, the village was as always, and the next morning, it's a ghost town! I told you we should have investigated the magic anomaly in the woods! But who knows? Maybe it's not too late to set things right!

I have spoken to Lord Jovan. There are no anomalies, and his children are not missing. In fact, he doesn't even have any. Better tell me what you were planning, and who knows... I may give you a quick death.

You may have seen through me, but others won't make it that easy for you!

Guards!

Hahahaha!

We should be on guard, Your Grace.

Your Grace! All of my fields are flooded! The gods have punished us... Nothing will grow anymore! No potatoes, no beetroots, no parsley. We have been struggling with this for months now. We're praying to the gods for better weather every day! We are sick of eating conserves, Your Grace. Our children are starting to go hungry. I was wondering if there is anything your Witch could do to help the growth?

The court Witch is more of a healer. She certainly cannot change the weather for you. We'd have sunshine all year round if we could do that! Just be patient and try digging a ditch around your fields for the water to drain.

Of course, Your Grace. I don't know what I was thinking. Thank you for your advice. I guess our jobs will only consist of digging from now on...

Your Grace! Rats! They are everywhere! They took over my barn! There's hundreds of them... I can't milk my cows, or feed my horses, Your Grace. I had to walk here... How can I go to the market if I have nothing to sell?

Give me a moment while I speak to my advisor, I will call you back in when I can give you an answer.

Your Grace.

What is going on with you and Hisser? I hope you can keep him under control.

Umm... I can, Your Grace. Why would you say I can't?

I have seen you chasing Hisser all across the castle.

Oh yes. This is just part of his training. I'm just making sure no one can catch him when he's on a mission. He's very fast, Your Grace! Really! He's a perfect agent.

Alright Pumpkin, please stay safe. And if you need help with him, don't be afraid to ask.

Won't you take him away?

Of course not. I'll help if I can.

Fine, Father. I don't need help.

What do you have to say for yourself?

Ugh.. Nothing? I'm guessing you won't let me out anyway...

Council Meeting

Salutations! It seems that my desire for a bit more excitement has been answered, but not in a way that I'm entirely happy about. It seems like we may be dealing with a nefarious element who is trying to cause us trouble on a more personal level. Not only are we facing a royal trial, the Radovians, roving bandits and the supernatural, but we are now also facing opposition from a group who are trying to mess with our agents. We spoke to Lord Jovan who told us that there is no magical phenomenon near his village and his kids haven't been kidnapped as he doesn't have any. His timing couldn't have been any better as the villager who made these claims was standing queuing right behind Jovan and tried to make even more wild claims in an effort to set a trap. This agent of evil is now in our dungeons and he has made claims that there are more of his kind and they will try to subvert our operations again.

We had two petitioners today, one of which we were unable to help. One of the nearby villages has flooded and they need help with saving their crops and solving their situation with the flooding. They asked for help from Alena but not only is she unavailable I'm not even sure what she could do in this situation even if she were free. The King gave them excellent advice about digging an effective drainage system but the villager sulked about having to put in a little extra work and then stormed out. We can potentially do something to help the other petitioner. His farm has been infested with rats who have taken over everything. His business and his life are in ruins at the moment and the Pied Piper of Luba hasn't been seen in months. Alena is currently busy at the moment but we can send Stan to help, or we can do nothing and send Stan elsewhere.

Map

There are still many villages left to explore in the area if you feel Stan is better suited to scouting this week.

Davern (North)

Davern (South)

Allies

I told the King that there's no need to invite anyone to court next week but he's insistent that he has to invite someone, even if he has no business to discuss with them. I don't quite understand it myself but he is the King and I'm sure he knows what he is doing.

Grego - We can confront Grego about the paintings and also potentially sell him more.

I have one last thing to add before we take a break. I spoke to the King about building the Carnival and he agreed to it, he even withheld giving supplies to the army to help fund it. It has increased our people's general happiness but the sulking farmer has taken the edge off of it somewhat. We will reconvene in one hours time.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Stan is our only general and we're on the brink of war. We can't waste him on rats. Send him to scout the closest place he hasn't been to yet.

Maybe suggest to the princess that a rat infestation might be the perfect tutorial mission for her agent fox?

And I suppose if his Majesty insists, let's invite the odd painting-destroying fellow, perhaps ask him how he feels about his mother.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

We have nothing further to ask any of the nobles (edit: Apart from confronting Grego about the paintings), yet the game still forces you to invite someone even if it is just to kick them out the door as soon as they arrive. I won't sell anything to Grego unless there is significant interest in doing so.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Black Robe posted:

Stan is our only general and we're on the brink of war. We can't waste him on rats. Send him to scout the closest place he hasn't been to yet.

Maybe suggest to the princess that a rat infestation might be the perfect tutorial mission for her agent fox?

And I suppose if his Majesty insists, let's invite the odd painting-destroying fellow, perhaps ask him how he feels about his mother.

:effort: sure

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

yet the game still forces you to invite someone even if it is just to kick them out the door as soon as they arrive.

No it doesn't. If you end the week without inviting one, the game will remind you, once, that you haven't done so, but if you then choose to end your turn without doing so, the game moves on.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

> PET HISSER:ovr:

I have one last thing to add before we take a break. I spoke to the King about building the Carnival and he agreed to it, he even withheld giving supplies to the army to help fund it. It has increased our people's general happiness but the sulking farmer has taken the edge off of it somewhat. We will reconvene in one hours time.

Huzzah! Thank you Audry! A festival is just what our people need to put a little pep in their step!

A rat problem, eh? Our general is not some common exterminator! Send the peasant on his way and advise him to find a few cats or foxes to root out the rodents.

Instead, send Stan to a nearby village and let him choose for himself how to best utilize his talents.

Invite Grego and sell him some more artwork. The kingdom's purse could use some coin, and the next few weeks will be a critical time preparing for the Radovian armies to attack.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Send Stan to explore Luba. We need to make more progress on the murder investigation, and Luba's close by.

I don't suppose we can send Hisser to deal with the rat problem?

Invite Grego to ask about the rumors of destroyed paintings.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I thought we had confronted him on the paintings, and his response was that he absolutely did that, and would we sell him any more?

Send Stan exploring. Got to keep his cardio in top shape with the big battle and all.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'm going to close the voting now as it's been a couple of days since the last vote.

Villager
Don't Help - 4

Stan
Nearest\Nearby Village - 4
Luba - 1

Invite
Grego - 4 (1 vote for sell paintings)

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (51) Week Twenty-Six Summary

Welcome back! As there are only a couple of decisions to make I'm open to hearing your thoughts on both matters at once.

Black Robe: Stan is our only general and we're on the brink of war. We can't waste him on rats. Send him to scout the closest place he hasn't been to yet.

Slaan: :effort: sure

Bregor: Huzzah! Thank you Audry! A festival is just what our people need to put a little pep in their step!

A rat problem, eh? Our general is not some common exterminator! Send the peasant on his way and advise him to find a few cats or foxes to root out the rodents.

Instead, send Stan to a nearby village and let him choose for himself how to best utilize his talents.

Invite Grego and sell him some more artwork. The kingdom's purse could use some coin, and the next few weeks will be a critical time preparing for the Radovian armies to attack.

jkq: Send Stan to explore Luba. We need to make more progress on the murder investigation, and Luba's close by.

I don't suppose we can send Hisser to deal with the rat problem?

Invite Grego to ask about the rumors of destroyed paintings.

FoolyCharged: I thought we had confronted him on the paintings, and his response was that he absolutely did that, and would we sell him any more?

Send Stan exploring. Got to keep his cardio in top shape with the big battle and all.

I will tell the King that we won't be sending the villager any help. I don't think that we will be able to send Hisser at this moment in time as the fox is a wild creature and it will take time to train it, that's if we can train it. The fox is extremely friendly but Cedani is having a lot of trouble keeping it under her control.

As for Stan, the majority of votes were to send Stan to the nearest or a nearby village. There was also one vote to send Stan to Luba. If we take a look at the map here:

We can see that Luba is the nearest village. I shall order Stan to make his way in the morrow. He doesn't have to leave too early as Luba is only a short way down the road from here.

I will send the pigeon to Grego's estate tonight so we can talk more about his unusual hobby. We probably won't need to speak to him again unless we actually want to sell a painting or two to him. I believe that there is no more to discuss tonight so I will let you all take your leave. We shall meet again next week.

It seems to be getting quieter with each passing week, Audry. Maybe that's a good thing considering how much stress that I've been under these past few weeks. Let's not keep this man waiting any longer. I can't help with your rat problem. I'm sorry. I have more important matters to deal with. Just lay out traps and clear them every day. You'll get rid of them eventually.

That's fine, Your Grace. I knew you would at least share your wisdom with me. I will do that right away!

Do not interrupt our training!

Hsss!

End of Week Twenty-Six!

Inventory

Archives

Bandits Threaten a Village

Magical Anomalies

Crop Problems

Rats

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Mar 15, 2024

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Do not interrupt our training!

Hsss!

:3:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

My Lord, you should not be condoning this activity of your daughter. It is unbecoming of a princess to have a fox as a pet! She should be in training to hunt fox instead!

Speaking of, my cousin Renard is around the same age as your daughter, is the heir to his land and is well known to be host to award winning kennels. Perhaps we could kill two foxes with one hound, as it were?

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

End of Week Twenty-Five!

End of Week Twenty-Six!

Does this mean that Hisser is an agent now?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

jkq posted:

Does this mean that Hisser is an agent now?

I must have taken that screenshot before I invited Grego. I'll amend it tomorrow when I'm back home.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (52) Un-be-lie-vable!

Your Grace. We are almost ready for the battle. This is our last chance to form any alliances. And ready our agents.

Thank you for the reminder, Audry.

When we're ready, we'll march to the foothills of the mountains. Radovia will not expect us to meet them there. They will certainly not be ready for the attack. We might have a chance to win this.

Your Grace, a nearby river has dried up. The residents have been carrying water to their homes from a lake for days. I helped them with my horse and now they have extra water saved for a few days. I made sure they knew it was thanks to the King.

Your Grace, what you asked of me was a very difficult task. I have managed to help the villagers support the walls of their homes.

Thank you for your help. You have prevented a lot of potential damages.

Your Grace.

Lady Ada told me what you are doing with those paintings! You lied to me. You are not a collector...

Eryk! I can explain. These works people buy are not true art! They are nothing but fraud! These "paintings" do not reflect the true nature of the subject. They have been painted without a reference. Artists call them 'impressionist'... Pftt! In reality, they just can't paint! My artwork shows each subject in their purest state. These "artists" only exaggerate features to make them look better! It devalues my work! So, I just dispose of the paintings. I pay for the paintings, so I can do whatever I wish with them! I choose to burn them. So what? It harms no one!

You are disprespecting other artists. You can't burn other artists' work! Besides... I don't see how that's helping you in any way.

Your Grace, I think perhaps we should let this slide? Let's not forget Grego is our ally.

I can do whatever I want with the things I buy. And if I buy them from people, and get rid of them, then there is less and less of that fraud around us! If influential people only own true artwork, then others will also only buy true artwork. Eventually no one will buy from these artists, and they'll buy my paintings instead!

Oh, I see. I suppose you can do whatever you want. Just don't get me involved in this... I think that is all. Thank you for visiting.

Goodbye, Your Grace.

Thank you! Thank-YOU, Your Grace! Your general was mag-nificent! I made such progress, un-be-lie-vable! I wanted to show you the final piece, but now I'm thinking... A General is kind of lonely in there, why not expand on the story? Make it bigger! Better! Make it GRAND! You know what I'm thinking? A Witch would make a great addition! A General and a Witch. Together! I think, I think this will sell. Oh, everyone will talk about Torlando the Wonderful!

We are currently preparing for a battle. I will speak to my advisor to see if we are able to spare our Witch. If we do then we will need her to return before the battle begins, if she is delayed then I will personally cut off your balls!

Worry not, I will wait in the lobby until you can give me an answer!

Your Grace, we hear of the upcoming battle. That's a perfect time for us to gain some coin, and an opportunity for you to get some help. We're mercenaries, 22 skilled men at your disposal, for only 16 gold. What do you say?

Your grace, I bring -

Hisser!

Father, have you seen... AAAAAAGH! What happened to the Hisser?!

Your Grace, these are dangerous pests! They steal eggs, chickens and other goods, and can spread diseases, Fleas in particular! I came here to offer my services, as a Hunter, Your Grace. I saw this... Fox hiding in the castle, so I hunted it down. I thought I would do you all a favour!

What have you done! This was my daughter's pet! The Hisser was here on a very important mission!

Yes! Hisser was sharpening his senses! This murderer here should rot in the Dungeons for killing one of my special agents!

I'm sorry, please don't punish me, Your Grace. If I only knew, I wouldn't have... I came here looking for gold, but... Since I have been nothing but trouble so far, please, let me be at your service. Let me serve your people. I can deal with monsters, wild animals, track them down and bring you their bodies. Let me redeem myself, please, Your Grace. Maybe I'll be of help during the battle with Radovia too.

Bodies you can keep, I don't want to see any of that. But we could use your help for sure.

Thank you, Your Grace! I will do my best to redeem myself! Umm... I will be in the Dungeons if you need me. I think your Dungeon guard is an old friend of mine.

Another agent is at our disposal, Your Grace. You will see this agent in the weekly summary screen.

But what about the Hisser, Father?! How do I take Lorsulia and Dusty back now?

I'm sorry, Cedani. At least the Hunter here will act on Hisser's behalf.

Fine, I will bury him with the others...

I had better check on the Hunter when I get a minute. He might know something about this tooth.

I run a little business, Your Grace. I can exchange your supplies for gold. Let's say 25 supplies for 18 gold. Shall we shake on it?

We currently don't have enough supplies to make a trade right now. Perhaps you could return another time?

Not a problem at all, Your Grace. I visit you again in some time.

Your Grace.

Are you saying goodbye to Hisser?

Yes, Father! Shhhh! Dear Hisser... You were my bestest and swiftest agent. But most of all, you were my best friend. You're leaving a deep hole in my heart. I will miss you forever. I hope you rest in peace.

I hope you rest in peace, Hisser.

Thank you, Father.

It's alright, Cedani. Are you feeling any better?

Yes, Father. I'll just stay here for a while.

Your Grace.

I have found this tooth.... It was in our Wine Cellar, what can you tell me about it?

Hmm... It looks like it came from a big animal - Enormous, in fact. Maybe a griffin, or a dragon... I have never seen such a thing, Your Grace.

Can you find out where this thing could have come from?

I can try, I have a book on animal trophies somewhere. It will take a while though.

This is an important matter and it needs your immediate attention. I will speak to my council and demand... request that they make this a priority. I will be on my way.

I can't blame you.

Council Meeting

Welcome all! It's been so busy this week I don't even know where to begin... Maybe I should begin with the King's request.

We have a new agent, a Hunter in fact. He was visiting the castle looking for work and decided to impress the King by bringing him the corpse of a wild animal that he had caught. That animal happened to be the Hisser. I'm sad to say that the Hisser has now joined Smudge and the Stabber in the pet cemetery in the gardens. The Hunter is ready for work and he is available for scouting right away. But I have had a special request from the King. The Hunter has offered his services with discovering more about this mysterious tooth that was involved in the death of Talys. The tooth is the only missing piece of the puzzle and we now have an opportunity to make some sense of it. The royal trial is in two weeks and the Hunter has promised that he can give us an answer within one week. I recommend that we allow the Hunter to research the tooth. We can send the Hunter scouting instead, but I will warn you now that the King has promised that he will use council members as target practise for the hunter if the tooth isn't investigated in time for the trial.

Torlando has returned and he has now requested the services of Alena. She will be gone for two weeks if we accept which means that she will be back for the battle for Radovia in three weeks time. There isn't anything going on right now that requires her immediate attention so we can make this happen without any worries at this point in time. Shall we send Alena to help Torlando or should we tell him to come back another time?

The mercenary leader returned today offering his services once again. He is offering 22 soldiers for 16 gold pieces. Our army is big enough so this would be just throwing money down a well at this point in time. We can hire the soldiers if you really wanted to but I'd recommend that we decline his offer for now.

Map

There are still many villages that we can scout and Stan is currently at our disposal. We can also send Alena and the Hunter somewhere if you decide that their services this week are more suited to this task.

Davern (North)

Davern (South)

Allies

There is no one that we need to invite this week. The only person that we could potentially invite is Grego but only if we want to sell him artwork.

That is all for now. I will be heading to the gardens during this break time to pay my respects to the Hisser. You are all welcome to join me.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Investigate the tooth. We'll need everything we can for that trial.

Have our witch humor the man. She's not got anything else to do but explore, and the bigger praises this fool sings us the better.

No need for the mercs, we've got plenty of men for now, assuming none desert from lack of pay.

Do we have an option to prepare our new agent? I propose we prepare the hunter as soon as possible, lest we forget it.

RIP Hisser, agent of the crown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

FoolyCharged posted:

Do we have an option to prepare our new agent? I propose we prepare the hunter as soon as possible, lest we forget it.

RIP Hisser, agent of the crown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

I'm pretty sure that we will but the option won't be available to us until the start of the next week. I can prepare him as soon as the week starts if people want me to.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Perhaps we should stop allowing the princess to adopt animals. It never ends well. The way things are going they'll probably start rising from the dead.

Allow the hunter to research the tooth, we've had it for months with no progress.

Send Alena out with that idiot, maybe she'll turn him into something amusing.

Don't hire more soldiers, they're completely useless until we actually start fighting anyway.

Send Stan to the closest place he hasn't been to yet.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Good riddance to the giant rat. We're all better off without it.

Send the witch to Torlando. I could use some more of the man's excellent reading material.

Send the hunter to look at a tooth. If we have to spend money on some jumped up PEASANT then at least make it useful.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Ask the Hunter to research the tooth, we need to prepare for the trial.

Send Alena to help Torlando. When do we get to see the completed work?

Decline the merc's offer, we have enough troops for now.

Send Stan to Tylka, he can go scout the foothills ahead of the battle.

Black Robe posted:

The way things are going they'll probably start rising from the dead.

Zombie pets agents could be helpful!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Rest in peace, dear Hisser. You were my favorite of Cedani's agents! I raise my glass in your honor!

But this is a new beginning for our kingdom as fortune has brought us another human agent! Ask the Hunter to research the tooth posthaste!

Torlando the Wonderful! I never tire of his musings! Allow Alena the pleasure of Torlando's company for the next few weeks!

Our soldiers number over a thousand, we have no need of sellswords. Send the mercenaries on their way.

I concur with my esteemed councilmember jkq, Stan should investigate Tylka.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Yeah, the Hunter should examine the tooth to figure out what actually happened that day. After that, prepare him for the battle.

Alena can go with Torlando. Perhaps we can offer her hazard pay?

Tell the mercenaries we aren't interested. Our army level is... OVER NINE HUNDRED!!

And Stan investigating Tylka seems good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

• I think the King’s priority request should be honored and we should have the Hunter investigate the tooth
  • Decline the offer from the Mercenaries
  • Send Alena to the closest town that has not been visited yet
  • Send Stan to the next closest town that has not been visited yet