Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

That Italian Guy posted:

Missing orders for our Red Guard :)

Dammit, I thought i submitted. Sorry, y'all.

Jumping into the other door hex and then healing myself before retaliating onto people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

FairGame posted:

Dammit, I thought i submitted. Sorry, y'all.

Jumping into the other door hex and then healing myself before retaliating onto people.

Onto the earth demon? frostdemon is going to banzai through the traps and die

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

AtomikKrab posted:

Onto the earth demon? frostdemon is going to banzai through the traps and die

Yep. On the off chance he gets a range 3 card sometime soon, I don't want him getting too close to the crystal.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Crystalline Cave, Round 5B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

9. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (ChocolatePancake) posted:

- Boris uses Race to the Grave (bot)! Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - This enemy suffers 2 damage at the start of each of its turns - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card.
- Boris uses Press the Attack (top)! Attacks Flame Demon 6(E) with ADVANTAGE for 5 (4base, +1/ADD TARGET +0mod, SHIELD4, PIERCE4) damage! Gains 1XP.
Earth Demon 4 is at 3 HP and is WOUNDED!

I went with the +1 over the "Add Target/+0" cause the basic effect of Press the Attack is just an ATK2 - and cause a +1 is a kill in this case. As always, please let me know if you have any contingencies in case you draw an Add Target mod :)

16. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (FairGame) posted:

- Kir Kanos uses Swift Strength (top)! Jumps2 to door hex. Round Bonus: SHIELD1.
- Kir Kanos uses Healing Sands (bot)! HEAL4, Self! Gains 1XP.
Kir Kanos is at 16 HP.

56. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (The Goonmind) posted:

Song Active! Gains 1XP.
- Letty Van Halen uses Warding Dagger (bot)! No action taken!
- Letty Van Halen uses Singing Arrow (top)! Attacks Earth Demon 6 for 1 (1base, STUNmod) damage!
Earth Demon 6 is killed!

58. Frost Demons posted:

- Frost Demon 4 focuses The Crystal (OBJECTIVE)! Moves3 to C4. Trap Sprung in hex A3! Trap Sprung in hex B4! Frost Demon 4 suffers 10 trap damage!
Frost Demon 4 is killed!

79. Earth Demons posted:

- Earth Demon 1 focuses Kir Kanos! Attacks Kir Kanos for 1 (4base, -1mod, CHAINMAIL, SHIELD1) damage. Chainmail is SPENT!
Kir Kanos RETALIATES for 2 damage!
Kir Kanos is at 15 HP.
Earth Demon 1 is at 13 HP.
Earth Demon 4 suffers 2 Doom damage!
Earth Demon 4 suffers 1 WOUND damage!
Earth Demon 4 is killed! Race to the Grave is discarded.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

EARTH is now inert.
ICE is now inert.

At the start of Round 6, pathway (c) opens up!

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I misread. ok So planning I was right about the rotating elite but we get TWO flame Demons... maybe they will be nice and leave us traps?

Boris might want to long rest this turn to get his good cards back up, I'm thinking for letty, move at 44, dirge and throw voice, hope the fire demons are in range to disable next turn.

Kir can beat on the earth demon before short resting

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 12:54 on May 4, 2021

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

AtomikKrab posted:

I misread. ok So planning I was right about the rotating elite but we get TWO flame Demons... maybe they will be nice and leave us traps?

Boris might want to long rest this turn to get his good cards back up, I'm thinking for letty, move at 44, dirge and throw voice, hope the fire demons are in range to disable next turn.

Kir can beat on the earth demon before short resting

Yep, that's the plan for me.

TIG, Kir should be at 15/16 HP on the tracker. He healed to full before getting punched for 1 last turn.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Sorry, I keep forgetting about the +1 target draw possibilities. I will try to remember, but realistically I will probably continue to forget a lot.

This would be a good turn to long rest, but I really just want to keep attacking stuff, there's a target in range and I can hit it with my last two cards, so I think I'm going to do that and risk a short rest next round.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

ChocolatePancake posted:

Sorry, I keep forgetting about the +1 target draw possibilities. I will try to remember, but realistically I will probably continue to forget a lot.

This would be a good turn to long rest, but I really just want to keep attacking stuff, there's a target in range and I can hit it with my last two cards, so I think I'm going to do that and risk a short rest next round.

short rest at the end of this round you mean. I think that might help, doom it up, go quick while kir goes slow so kir can get the +1 damage, you might even be able to beat it to death between the two of you if some of those good cards come up.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Yup that's what I meant.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

AtomikKrab posted:

I'm thinking for letty, move at 44, dirge and throw voice, hope the fire demons are in range to disable next turn.

+1 to this, and we can chug our last potion to get back both those cards and probably immobilize (unless we need the wound card for the fire demons).

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Crystalline Cave, Round 6A

ROUND REVEAL posted:

When did Frost Demons become this fast :psyduck:

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in red, while lost cards will be marked in purple. Cards in the active slot will be marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there.

Boris (Hand2, Discarded9, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 11 with Swift Trickery and Multi-Pronged Assault.

11. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (ChocolatePancake) posted:

code:
SWIFT TRICKERY (11) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - Add +2ATK and XP1 if the target is Doomed.
BOT: MOVE5

MULTI-PRONGED ASSAULT (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK4, Range 3, Target 2 - XP2 - LOSS
BOT:  Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - All allies add +1ATK to all their attacks targeting this enemy - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card.
Kir Kanos (Hand2, Discarded7, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 41 with Shield Spikes and Shield of the Desert.

41. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (FairGame) posted:

code:
SHIELD SPIKES (41) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: each time after an adjacent enemy Attacks you, that enemy suffers damage equal to your SHIELD value - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: HEAL2, Range2 - Generate FIRE

SHIELD OF THE DESERT (10) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Consume FIRE: add Template - Consume LIGHT: +1ATK, PUSH1, XP1
BOT: Round Bonus: SHIELD3 - Generate FIRE and LIGHT - XP1 - LOSS
Letty Van Halen (Hand5, Discarded2, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 44 with Throw Voice and Disorienting Dirge.

44. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
THROW VOICE (44) [Lvl1]
TOP: DISARM, Range3, see Template.
BOT: Range3, see Template. Force all enemies in the targeted area to perform a MOVE1 action with you controlling the actions - XP1 - LOSS

DISORIENTING DIRGE (14) [Lvl4]
TOP: Song - Persistent Bonus: All enemies gain DISADVANTAGE on all their Attacks - Gain XP1 at the beginning of each of your turns. When another Song is played, discard this card.
BOT: CURSE, Target all enemies withing Range3 - BLESS, Affect all allies within Range3.

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Welp.

Disarm elite ice and reposition to G3, major stamina to disarm and dubstep next turn?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Omobono posted:

Welp.

Disarm elite ice and reposition to G3, major stamina to disarm and dubstep next turn?

Best option. of course it draws the ONE CARD.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Does Boris still have the boots of striding available? He can put some damage in on frosty while still blocking it from the crystal (and Lettie will handle it with disarm on the next turn). If not, I think shooting the earth demon and moving to block frosty is probably the best play.

Kir's gonna just whack the earth demon though with it healing it's probably going to be a net zero turn for damage, at best. I'll have some better options available to me after a short rest next round.

What an inconvenient round of card draws.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

FairGame posted:

Does Boris still have the boots of striding available? He can put some damage in on frosty while still blocking it from the crystal (and Lettie will handle it with disarm on the next turn). If not, I think shooting the earth demon and moving to block frosty is probably the best play.

Kir's gonna just whack the earth demon though with it healing it's probably going to be a net zero turn for damage, at best. I'll have some better options available to me after a short rest next round.

What an inconvenient round of card draws.

Boris would need to use the bottom of his main attack, to be able to block the frost demon but he wouldn't need to spend the boots because he would move 5, might be worth it.

Kir could always set up his passive this turn and then just reposition or stand still.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Wouldn't Boris doing a basic move 2 to E4 also block the frost demon from reaching the crystal?

Also, TIG, you're still shorting Kir by 3 HP, I think

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

FairGame posted:

Wouldn't Boris doing a basic move 2 to E4 also block the frost demon from reaching the crystal?

Frostdemon can go to E5 and still smack the crystal.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

AtomikKrab posted:

Frostdemon can go to E5 and still smack the crystal.

Spatial awareness: not my strongest suit. Yeah, I see it now.

If Boris can protect camouflage so as to protect against getting absolutely wrecked, could still be a good move to move all the way in and block.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
So, I need to get to the door hex by G3?
I can do that with my bottom move, then I could use the top loss attack for some damage on the Frost and Earth demons over there.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

If Boris body blocks at that door hex, I think the play for Letty is to move to F4 for a coin and disarm the frost demon. Everything will be out of range of dirge. Then use major stamina pot to get back Throw Voice, Disorienting Dirge, and Warding Dagger.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 5, 2021

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

bagrada posted:

If Boris body blocks at that door hex, I think the play for Letty is to move to F4 for a coin and disarm the frost demon. Everything will be out of range of dirge. Then use major stamina pot to get back Throw Voice, Disorienting Dirge, and Warding Dagger.

If this is Boris's play, then we have to move to F4 and disarm the triangle formation of Frosty adjacent to Boris and two Fire demons in the back, otherwise the fire demons are going to smack Boris with their range 2. it's either let the Frost demon through or disarm the fire demons so they don't maul Boris. Will we have LOS on all three for the attack or do we have to skip the coin and go to G3?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Fire demons are wasting this turn though, they are doing an aoe burst to adjacents, boris is range 2 and not shooting them. He can get to work on zapping them next turn with dooms and stuff.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Dont ranged enemies always attack with their range, unless specified otherwise on the draw card?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

Dont ranged enemies always attack with their range, unless specified otherwise on the draw card?

Yes, and their current card is specifying to target all adjacent enemies.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Ohhhhh. Scoop the coin then! I for some reason was thinking that was attack 3 and aoe splash to adjacent.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

FairGame posted:

Yeah I'll fix it before the update :) sorry for the delay, we are finally moving into the new house - covid delays and all that - so this week and the next one are going to be a bit wonky, schedule-wise. I should be able to update later today, if the ISP guy shows up :v:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Update on the move situation: the ISP guy finally showed up, but it's a bit late. Update is postponed to tomorrow - that'll give me a chance to stagger the main GH/KD updates back to the normal rotation as well :)

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

No problem, G'luck with the move TIG.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

bagrada posted:

No problem, G'luck with the move TIG.
Thanks! Due to COVID heavy restrictions in the area this has taken months instead of weeks, so I'm really glad it's almost over :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Crystalline Cave, Round 6B

- Kir Kanos should be at 15HP!

11. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (ChocolatePancake) posted:

- Boris uses Swift Trickery (bot)! Moves5 to door hex.
- Boris uses Multi-Pronged Assault (top)! Attacks Earth Demon 5 for 5 (4base, +1mod) damage! Attacks Frost Demon 1(E) for 6 (4base, +2'mod) damage! Gains 2XP.
Earth Demon 5 is at 10 HP
Frost Demon 1(E) is at 12 HP
- Boris takes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Swift Trickery.

38. Frost Demons posted:

- Frost Demon 1(E) focuses Boris! Moves1 to bottom hex. Attacks Boris for 3 (3base, +0mod) damage. Boris RETALIATES for 2 damage!
Boris is at 6 HP.
Frost Demon 1(E) is at 10 HP

40. Earth Demons posted:

No action taken!

41. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (FairGame) posted:

- Kir Kanos uses Shield of the Desert (top)! Attacks Earth Demon 1 for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage!
Earth Demon 1 is at 9 HP
- Kir Kanos uses Shield Spikes (bot)! HEAL2, Self!
Kir Kanos is at 16 HP.
FIRE is now strong.

44. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (The Goonmind) posted:

Song Active! Gains 1XP.
- Letty Van Halen uses Disorienting Dirge (bot)! Moves1 to F4.
- Letty Van Halen uses Throw Voice (top)! No action taken!
Letty Van Halen uses Major Stamina Potion! Recovers Disorienting Dirge, Throw Voice and Warding Dagger.

77. Flame Demons posted:

No action taken!

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- FIRE is now waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Why no action taken on throw voice? Frosty is in range for the disarm and it has already acted.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

Why no action taken on throw voice? Frosty is in range for the disarm and it has already acted.
Cause I've followed the orders itt and they had assumed no one would be in Range to Disarm :v:

The Frost Demon is DISARMED for the next Round!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

We need to work on reducing those fire demons before they start getting serious.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Kir submitted orders (on the initiative selection PM, not the most recent one. I should have reminded you; sorry) to execute a short rest, protecting burn away the dark.

I'll submit orders with some contingencies based on what card gets lost.

For my teammates: I'm planning to retaliate against the earth demon, put some more damage on it, wound it, and then move toward the top door so I can greet our incoming friends.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

FairGame posted:

Kir submitted orders (on the initiative selection PM, not the most recent one. I should have reminded you; sorry) to execute a short rest, protecting burn away the dark.

I'll submit orders with some contingencies based on what card gets lost.

For my teammates: I'm planning to retaliate against the earth demon, put some more damage on it, wound it, and then move toward the top door so I can greet our incoming friends.
You've lost Strangling Chain! Sorry about that, this week has been crazy :v:

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Not too many options for Letty. We can go at 9, disarm the clump of 3, and negate the next damage Boris takes. Might be rough if the flame demons go faster and move to attack the crystal or hit Boris faster than 9.

Defensive Ditty and Throw Voice at 9

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I'll go as fast as I can and put the damage over time doom on one of the flame demons.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Sorry I think my questions threw off the goonmind's orders and I didn't end up bolding my choice of vote. Bagrada was the only one with a clear vote . Plus TIG is moving so you get a pass for not parsing my ramblings!

bagrada posted:

Depending on how LOS works for AOE, the throw voice template should disarm one or both flame demons as well. Unless you have to actually specify what to disarm, then we blew it :( Sorry I'm used to playing digital, the multi target and AOEs default target valid enemies usually.

Also, was Earth Demon 1 stunned or something? If not, it should have healed.

bagrada posted:

Not too many options for Letty. We can go at 9, disarm the clump of 3, and negate the next damage Boris takes. Might be rough if the flame demons go faster and move to attack the crystal or hit Boris faster than 9.

Defensive Ditty and Throw Voice at 9

+1 go fast, do this.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Everything got disarmed, but the Flame Demons acted last Round so they have already lost the Disarm token :) Also I managed to misread that sentence :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

Sorry I think my questions threw off the goonmind's orders and I didn't end up bolding my choice of vote. Bagrada was the only one with a clear vote . Plus TIG is moving so you get a pass for not parsing my ramblings!

Depending on how LOS works for AOE, the throw voice template should disarm one or both flame demons as well. Unless you have to actually specify what to disarm, then we blew it :( Sorry I'm used to playing digital, the multi target and AOEs default target valid enemies usually.

Also, was Earth Demon 1 stunned or something? If not, it should have healed.

+1 go fast, do this.

One more for

9 ditty, throw