Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I mean it sounds like he just got the money recently, he can declare that 150k as income still. Hell, release the tax records and make it public record he fleeced drake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
I can't wait to gauge the cultural temperature at my sister's wedding in a few weeks to see if the DJ drops "Not Like Us" or a BBL Drizzy mix into his set for a bunch of old-rear end white people in rural Missouri

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Not sure wedding DJs would play a song that clear says pedophile

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Red Rox posted:

This is exactly the question I intend to answer by leveraging Brother Privilege

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Red Rox posted:

Just bleep that poo poo out and have the crowd yell it out?

Reminds me of the Kamala Harris and Donald Trump “don’t come” “oh I’m going to come” techno drop.

Out of pocket but fun.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Criminal Minded posted:

I can't wait to gauge the cultural temperature at my sister's wedding in a few weeks to see if the DJ drops "Not Like Us" or a BBL Drizzy mix into his set for a bunch of old-rear end white people in rural Missouri

bbl drizzy will for sure imo. it's such a fun uplifting beat

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Criminal Minded posted:

masego's remix is probably the best one IMO. i think you could fit this into a song list and no one would notice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE2VhEnmCiQ

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Criminal Minded posted:

Brother Privilege

Is that his DJ name?

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Red Rox posted:

Is that his DJ name?

lmao

Revisiting All Eyez on Me cause of the Kendrick-induced West Coast kick and anybody who has ever suggested this album was too long should be executed. wow yeah it sucks to have a wealth of material of one of the all-time great musical artists at his peak. Tupac was probably the first artist I was consciously a fan of so I'll never brook a bad word. fondest childhood memories are driving in my cousin's car top down listening to "Life Goes On" or "Hit 'em Up" or "2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted."

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oly6ayyckZI

shizen
Dec 29, 2006

Is the consensus that EbonyPrince is an elaborate troll or is there something bigger going down tomorrow

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
I enjoy the bbl drizzy memes like everyone else but I'm a bit concerned that some music exec out there is going to see how popular a beat with an AI sample got and start pushing it in actual records that aren't meant as shitposts

shizen posted:

Is the consensus that EbonyPrince is an elaborate troll or is there something bigger going down tomorrow

The video he first posted has me convinced that he's legitimately a disgruntled hotel employee. Don't know if he actually has anything to reveal tomorrow but the way he's gone about extorting drake seems kind of stupid so I'd be surprised if this doesn't end with him eating lawsuits from both drake and the hotel he worked at.

leaptosleep fucked around with this message at 07:46 on May 13, 2024

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

leaptosleep posted:

I enjoy the bbl drizzy memes like everyone else but I'm a bit concerned that some music exec out there is going to see how popular a beat with an AI sample got and start pushing it in actual records that aren't meant as shitposts

they were gonna do that anyway

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
poo poo, you're probably right

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://youtu.be/HLX1HxJm5wM

For the two people who might care about this and the five or so people who might want to hatewatch. Honestly I don’t love the song and haven’t since it first came out four loving years ago jfc how’d it take him so long to actually finish this album but the video is good, Hiro Murai kicks rear end

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
Did you listen to the full album yet? how is it?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s better than the 2020 version by way of actually being properly mixed and mastered and finished, but it still has a lot of boring stuff to me and rarely gets above “fine, I guess”. To Be Hunted and Final Church are still my favourites. He took that alternate version of Feels Like Summer off, too.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

Escobarbarian posted:

For the two people who might care about this and the five or so people who might want to hatewatch. Honestly I don’t love the song and haven’t since it first came out four loving years ago jfc how’d it take him so long to actually finish this album but the video is good, Hiro Murai kicks rear end

That's not a very good song.

I had to put on BBL Drizzy right after to wash my ears out.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Bright Bart posted:

That's not a very good song.

welcome to childish gambino

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

leaptosleep posted:

The thing about AI music is what it does well is jokes and shitposts because it can take a silly idea and realise it in a way that sounds (sort of) like full production, so it can have an opera singer singing about le epic bacon or in this case a full soul band singing about drakes BBL. This whole beef and the interest its generated though illustrates one of the problems with AI gen music though which is that people only ultimately care about music which has a human story behind it.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

leaptosleep posted:

The video he first posted has me convinced that he's legitimately a disgruntled hotel employee. Don't know if he actually has anything to reveal tomorrow but the way he's gone about extorting drake seems kind of stupid so I'd be surprised if this doesn't end with him eating lawsuits from both drake and the hotel he worked at.

There's a weird convergence with a kind of nutso story about a local failson basically stalking the hotel. I don't know if the timelines work but the kid absolutely sounds like the kind of dude who would be cataloguing famous peoples' trash from the hotel for his own thing.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s better than the 2020 version by way of actually being properly mixed and mastered and finished, but it still has a lot of boring stuff to me and rarely gets above “fine, I guess”. To Be Hunted and Final Church are still my favourites. He took that alternate version of Feels Like Summer off, too.

they took the 2020 version off spotify. if this version is worse im gonna be pissed (i love bino and i liked his last untitled work)

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

There's a weird convergence with a kind of nutso story about a local failson basically stalking the hotel. I don't know if the timelines work but the kid absolutely sounds like the kind of dude who would be cataloguing famous peoples' trash from the hotel for his own thing.

quote:

Weintraub can even be heard shouting that the hotel supported Epstein in the background of a paparazzi video of Jewish rapper Drake leaving the hotel earlier this summer.

huh

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

disturbing lack of sosa posting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbqbAGhMo14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSxi5Nto5YE

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Listening to the new sosa and gambino this morning

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

i didn't hate it. certainly not my least fav childish gambino.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I am pleased to report that EbonyPrince is still posting like an anime villain.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

I am pleased to report that EbonyPrince is still posting like an anime villain.

https://twitter.com/ebonyprince2k24/status/1790043239140954532?t=mMkfwaBvvE-Yk8cFFN10vw

here we go

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

tired of this mickey mouse bullshit! poo poo or get off the pot!!!!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I’m still into it but it’s not going to lead to anything lol

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I love Micky mouse bullshit

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

KirbyKhan posted:

I love Micky mouse bullshit

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

the duality of man

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Maybe perhaps The Riddler sent a big vid drop to DJ ak. I've been listening to this lady's updates this week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6IuRM8GlxU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Its funny how little impact the Kanye diss of Drake had on the beef. It was a decentish song. Did Drake even fire back with a line or anything? Lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Its funny how little impact the Kanye diss of Drake had on the beef. It was a decentish song. Did Drake even fire back with a line or anything? Lol

literally no one gave a gently caress

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah that's the funniest part. I'd forgotten about it completely until like 20 minutes ago.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Him saying J Cole gets the pussy dry was funny but that's literally the only part of it I can remember.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://twitter.com/chartdata/status/1790067570764042695

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

leaptosleep posted:

Did you listen to the full album yet? how is it?

its good. i completely believe donny sees this as a more faithful implementation of his vision. there are some things i dont like about it but it's a more cohesive, complete project now that i actually feel like i can recommend to people without saying "its a little rough and raw but...". notes:

- the original intro was thematic but i always skipped it. Atavista is a great track instead
- Algorhythm, Time are improved. Psilocybae is still excellent, barely touched which is good
- To Be Hunted has a better mix but the transition from Psilocybae is a mega downgrade imo. i put it on par with the original
- Sweet Thang is fine, i like the stripped down version way better tho, esp at this mid point in the album
- Little Foot Big Foot, which i didnt particularly like and thought to be the albums weak point before, is way worse now lmao. my gf who loves it is gonna be upset yung nudy is on it now lol
- chopping Why Go to the Party to 41 seconds, and then cutting Feels Like Summer makes me very sad. i really liked that pairing.
- Human Sacrifice made it on and its good but i dunno, should have left Feels Like Summer maybe
- The Violence and Final Church are just straight improved. very good. happy he left the dialogue with his son at the end of The Violence, that always makes me tear up

recommended if you like dong lover, esp if you like awaken my love. i want him to put the original cut back on spotify tho so i can listen to both