Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

TraderStav posted:

Are these amounts for the resources and the rushing completion or just the resources?

He says while going over a loan form...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
PEKKA has the space to accommodate all your fisting needs.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

Paladine_PSoT posted:

So when sliding up to a new TH level, what would you say is more important? Getting new stuff placed and caught up or maxing the old stuff?

I bring new stuff up to the last TH level first. Satisfies my OCD by keeping things consistent and makes your base more well rounded instead of being a TH9 with perpetually golden walls scattered in your base.

Edit: Except lab and spell factory. Those get upgraded basically before anything else. Army Camps too.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
When a war is in the preparation phase, what happens with anything you're constructing or upgrading? Does it just use the last version of it? Does it stay out of action?

Also do I need to make sure all my traps are set before a war? Do you pay for those to be reset if they trigger in a war?

I'm waiting on my Level 5 Barbarian King to finish, it looks like it will be about an hour after the prep time is up, so I wanna know if I need to dump the gems to advance it in time.

TATPants
Mar 28, 2011

AxeManiac posted:

When a war is in the preparation phase, what happens with anything you're constructing or upgrading? Does it just use the last version of it? Does it stay out of action?

Also do I need to make sure all my traps are set before a war? Do you pay for those to be reset if they trigger in a war?

I'm waiting on my Level 5 Barbarian King to finish, it looks like it will be about an hour after the prep time is up, so I wanna know if I need to dump the gems to advance it in time.

New defenses, even if they are not finished by the time the war starts, will be a completed lvl1 defense for you to use in your war base. Defenses that are upgrading that will not finish by the time 'battle day' starts will revert to the previously completed level, i.e. if you are upgrading a mortar from 3 to 4, the mortar will be lvl3 for the war.

Traps are automatically reloaded and you do not have to pay to arm or reload them.. You can use your BK whenever he finishes, BUT you cannot use him while he is upgrading. The BK does not revert to the previous level to use in war like other defensive buildings.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Change thread title to "Pinoy Only" please.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

TATPants posted:

New defenses, even if they are not finished by the time the war starts, will be a completed lvl1 defense for you to use in your war base. Defenses that are upgrading that will not finish by the time 'battle day' starts will revert to the previously completed level, i.e. if you are upgrading a mortar from 3 to 4, the mortar will be lvl3 for the war.

Traps are automatically reloaded and you do not have to pay to arm or reload them.. You can use your BK whenever he finishes, BUT you cannot use him while he is upgrading. The BK does not revert to the previous level to use in war like other defensive buildings.

Thanks, this is good to know so I don't freak out about timing.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
I really hate that BK/AQ upgrade like buildings but don't get the benefit of being treated as building upgrades for purposes of CWs. It's like the worst of both worlds.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Brosnan posted:

I really hate that BK/AQ upgrade like buildings but don't get the benefit of being treated as building upgrades for purposes of CWs. It's like the worst of both worlds.

I thought they get treated as building upgrades in regards to them being DEFENSIVE buildings in CWs; it's only as offensive units that they aren't treated the same?

What I mean is if you start to upgrade your BK to level 10 before the clan war starts he'll still be up and walking around as a defensive unit at level 10 on your base. It's only when attacking he won't be available.

Am I wrong in this regard?

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Booties posted:

Change thread title to "Pinoy Only" please.

Clash of Clans: 获取你的屁眼的人,然后你去消灭它们

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

i reverse image searched this instead of readign it and turns out theres an entire reddit dedicated to lovely charts

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Dancing Peasant posted:

Clash of Clans: 获取你的屁眼的人,然后你去消灭它们

This is very accurate in 50v50 with over 10 th10's. Sometimes it can be ศรีราชา or Nước chấm.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
TH6 seems to offer no significant benefits, you just get stomped more by high level people. Very tempted to rush this one, but that'd probably just make everything worse, wouldn't it?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
upgrade your camps/barracks first, and rush to th7

Hammy
May 26, 2006
umop apisdn
Yea I'd say gently caress TH6 honestly, you run out of lab stuff really quickly and now that there's a drill at 7 you might as well get started on stackin' that DE.

You're gonna need to farm a lot to get away with it though, getting the drill levelled is 4.5m lix in 6 days, plus you're gonna have the lab, spell fac, etc. that needs upgrades, and you're gonna want dragons ASAP as well if you don't want to look like a chump in wars.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
TH6 is only good for war replays when some TH8 assumes they can roll you with 200 barbarians and the Valkyrie in your CC kills them all.

J
Jun 10, 2001

TH6 sucks poo poo, rush to TH7 all day everyday. Just make sure to get your camps and barracks upgraded while the TH is upgrading too and you'll be just fine.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
literally nothing matters pre th7. rush that poo poo. should really be in the OP because lol if you think grinding at th6 and below is hard.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

I partially disagree. I wish I had lingered at TH6 slightly longer because my long pole now is walls that I didnt upgrade previously.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Hang out in Silver I or II, you'll regularly find bases with exposed collectors that can net you 100-300k gold per base easily. Walls will be caught up in no time.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
only thing that matters are your army camps and troop levels. walls are going to be a grind no matter what, might as well be stronger so you can smash more bases with ease. there is literally no point in having good defenses because 1. cups don't matter, and 2. you're going to lose to someone no matter what

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Booties posted:

only thing that matters are your army camps and troop levels. walls are going to be a grind no matter what, might as well be stronger so you can smash more bases with ease. there is literally no point in having good defenses because 1. cups don't matter, and 2. you're going to lose to someone no matter what

So do you rush all your town halls? I am miserable grinding skulls right now. 20 to go! Then on to th9!

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Dirk Pitt posted:

So do you rush all your town halls? I am miserable grinding skulls right now. 20 to go! Then on to th9!

nope. I wish I did in the early game though, but that only really saves like a week. I maxed everything at th7, including walls, before moving the th8.

right now I have maxed everything at th8 and have like 65 walls to go. I started a new position at work and have way less time to farm though >:(

Hammy
May 26, 2006
umop apisdn
At TH8 your defenses and tech level actually start to matter in war so you have to stop rushing. No one likes a TH9 with level 1 golems and pekka.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
you guys realize I'm talking about pre th7 only , right? if you don't max th7 and th8 then delete the app because you suck

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
How many trophies should I have at TH 9 and I have 2040. I just dropped 100, but I think I might still be a bit too high, but a lot of the time when I go to attack I don't see many good targets everything is like 50k lix/gold

VVVV Thanks

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 29, 2015

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Karnegal posted:

How many trophies should I have at TH 9 and I have 2040. I just dropped 100, but I think I might still be a bit too high, but a lot of the time when I go to attack I don't see many good targets everything is like 50k lix/gold

Drop to 1900ish. Plenty of loot around there.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

gently caress gently caress fuckity gently caress gently caress gently caress.

Been raiding my rear end off since every goddamn upgrade costs 2m or more for me now.

Go out, find a good target, barch them for 194k gold and 135k Lix, then two minutes later I get hit by some bloonion guy who steals 171k gold and 204k lix from me. I'm TH8, I can't fight off a bloonion attack - especially when one of my ADs is upgrading.

It's been like this for two days. And yes, my TH is fully exposed and easy to hit but everyone's ignoring it and going after my goodies.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

khy posted:

Been raiding my rear end off since every goddamn upgrade costs 2m or more for me now.

Go out, find a good target, barch them for 194k gold and 135k Lix, then two minutes later I get hit by some bloonion guy who steals 171k gold and 204k lix from me. I'm TH8, I can't fight off a bloonion attack - especially when one of my ADs is upgrading.

It's been like this for two days. And yes, my TH is fully exposed and easy to hit but everyone's ignoring it and going after my goodies.

Try getting into a higher league. I think I got sniped a lot more because I was giving out more trophies

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

khy posted:

What trophy range are you in? I maxed in Crystal I after sniping there for gems and have never been ballooned. In Crystal I was getting hit with semi-regular attacks from L6 Giants/barch, and they were all after my DE.

Try to hoard only one resource at a time. I know it's a pain but if you can keep either gold or lix <1m it makes a big difference, and if you're above Gold I drop a league and see what happens. Upgrade cheaper bombs and poo poo to burn off gold if you haven't. I've been doing well in Gold II for a few weeks now, and that includes farming Golem 2 and Pekka 3. I think the worst attack I've suffered was about 250k elixir while saving for Pekkas.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

ClumsyThief posted:

What trophy range are you in? I maxed in Crystal I after sniping there for gems and have never been ballooned. In Crystal I was getting hit with semi-regular attacks from L6 Giants/barch, and they were all after my DE.

Try to hoard only one resource at a time. I know it's a pain but if you can keep either gold or lix <1m it makes a big difference, and if you're above Gold I drop a league and see what happens. Upgrade cheaper bombs and poo poo to burn off gold if you haven't. I've been doing well in Gold II for a few weeks now, and that includes farming Golem 2 and Pekka 3. I think the worst attack I've suffered was about 250k elixir while saving for Pekkas.

Currently have 1615 trophies in Gold 2. Up until a few days ago I haven't had any issues with people ignoring my TH, but it seems like since monday I've only gotten one or two TH hits and the rest are hitting me with maxxed out giant/wizard/goblin attacks and the like. I've seen more AQs attacking me in the past 3 days than in the past 3 weeks.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I have over 3mil of each and 22k DE at TH8 and I just need to wait 2 days for some stuff to finish upgrading so I can spend it. Basically the game is unplayable for me since I can't break my precious shields without losing a ton.

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

Eh, get used to it. You should expect to loose 290k/290k and 2k de to a th9 when you break your shield at th8. Hopefully your th is exposed and maybe snipe will happen. But if it doesn't, just barch twice in a row without disconnecting (takes 20min) and you should get 500k/500k and some de depending on your cup level. If you are not, you are not nexting enough or you need learn to attack.

Edit: on your first attack next a ton, your troops train while nexting and so it's not really wasted time.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Hammy posted:

At TH8 your defenses and tech level actually start to matter in war so you have to stop rushing. No one likes a TH9 with level 1 golems and pekka.

Booties posted:

you guys realize I'm talking about pre th7 only , right? if you don't max th7 and th8 then delete the app because you suck

If you farm a lot and aren't in a serious war clan I actually think rushing to TH9 is quite good but that won't apply to most people. I could elaborate on why if anyone gives a poo poo or thinks they might be in that boat.

khy posted:

Basically you can't break a shield unless you're going to do enough raids to bring in more than what you'll lose if you get hit with a big attack. Attacking once and breaking your shield, getting attacked, then attacking once,(breaking shield again) and so on is going to make it really difficult to make progress. If at all possible you want to stay active for more than one raid so nobody can attack you back while you do those raids. Also as mentioned only hoarding one resource at a time really helps keep big attacks away.

Piso Mojado
Aug 6, 2013

J posted:

If you farm a lot and aren't in a serious war clan I actually think rushing to TH9 is quite good but that won't apply to most people. I could elaborate on why if anyone gives a poo poo or thinks they might be in that boat.

Basically you can't break a shield unless you're going to do enough raids to bring in more than what you'll lose if you get hit with a big attack. Attacking once and breaking your shield, getting attacked, then attacking once,(breaking shield again) and so on is going to make it really difficult to make progress. If at all possible you want to stay active for more than one raid so nobody can attack you back while you do those raids. Also as mentioned only hoarding one resource at a time really helps keep big attacks away.

This is wrong. Sometimes your th doesn't get sniped for a while, but its no reason to be afraid to break a shield. If you do, you should aim to hit some resource swollen afk for only a single atk You are thinking very narrowly. An exposed th *should* get sniped more often than not. But just because lucks been lovely, doesn't mean that your strategy should change. Never stop raiding.

And rushing into th9 is :emo:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Just to be clear I break my shield all the time even though I lose a lot because attacking people and stealing their poo poo is "fun game" part. So is watching people break all your stuff.

Plus yeah farming is easy as heck and I get 1.2mil a week from wars (Spergs is da best).

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Just get used to having jerks clean you out. TH9 is full of 5-6mil upgrades and lv7 giants that roll over you for shits and giggles.

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004

DemeaninDemon posted:

Just get used to having jerks clean you out. TH9 is full of 5-6mil upgrades and lv7 giants that roll over you for shits and giggles.

Yep. Just got 3-starred by a TH 10 with maxed everything. Lost 300k/300k/2,000. That said, (for me) it's rare to get completely rolled. 4 out of 5 times attacks are a TH snipe or for less than 100k. I've been surprised that I've been able to save up a decent amount of gold/elixir pretty regularly (only having 4 builders and week + build times help too).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammy
May 26, 2006
umop apisdn
I did some tweaks to the TH8 war base I posted a few pages back and it now officially owns bones.

She's been hit by all the favorites a few times now and has yet to give up a 3* without forcing a TH9 to reach down. Note: anything can 2* it, the point is to hold to 2, not try to get a sneaky 1* defense.

Salient features:

- 5 possible double bomb areas, centralized king. Couldn't be much worse for hogs.
- CC unlurable without hogs or bloons
- Lots of compartments to slow down GoWiPe, Teslas spread about the center to ensure safe PEKKA hits
- Very tough for dragons: AD are too spread for easy 105, there are high hp structures both in front of and inbetween he ADs, and ADs have a gap in front of them to help redirect dragons away
- drat look at all that symmetry

By far the most common attack has been dragons of course, and they haven't even gotten me down to the time race yet, it's been one AD standing every time so far.