Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Bugblatter posted:

What was the xenogears joke?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqbR0SWS7R8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The best part is that they actually used it to paper over a cut level just like Xenogears' chair was used to paper over cut scenes.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I have extra affection for the Mad Max game because I decided to play it while in a severe state of anhedonia and just wanted an easy icon-completing thing to kill time until I felt okay again but then I ended up having a great time with it

Gosh Furiosa is so close now

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Escobarbarian posted:

Gosh Furiosa is so close now

Seeing it tomorrow :stoked:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

:same:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Seeing it tomorrow :stoked:
Me too! I can't wait!

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I saw it yesterday. It’s great. A completely different kind of film from Fury Road. While I certainly like Fury Road more, Furiosa will still be ranked high on my top films of the year.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Dave the Diver keeps adding more stupid poo poo after every dive. Slow the gently caress down game jesus

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Bugblatter posted:

I saw it yesterday. It’s great. A completely different kind of film from Fury Road. While I certainly like Fury Road more, Furiosa will still be ranked high on my top films of the year.

It’s hard to top one of the best films ever made but some scenes give it a run for its money.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I'm going to see Furiosa with my nephew, brother and father on sunday, in IMAX. This is family bonding. Can't wait.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Ah, had no idea that was a reference to anything. Maybe I should play a xenogear some day.

lordfrikk posted:

It’s hard to top one of the best films ever made but some scenes give it a run for its money.

Yeah. I like it less than Fury Road, but more than the first three Mad Max films. And I like Road Warrior a loving lot.

Von Linus posted:

I'm going to see Furiosa with my nephew, brother and father on sunday, in IMAX. This is family bonding. Can't wait.

Family… I WANT THEM BACK!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Haha, but seriously when is the next showcase Herman!

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
But I will say that Anya Taylor-Joy's head shape can't hold a candle to Charlize Theron's perfection so the scenes where she has short hair look funny instead of badass.

lordfrikk fucked around with this message at 10:57 on May 23, 2024

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I can't see Charlize Theron as anything but her role from Arrested Development so it's always a struggle to see her in a film.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

lordfrikk posted:

But I will say that Anya Taylor-Joy's head shape can't hold a candle to Charlize Theron's perfection so the scenes where she has short hair look funny instead of badass.

Got a regular Harvey Weinstein here. Talking about the kind of head they get from actresses.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://x.com/vgc_news/status/1793571513523994713?s=46

quote:

“Ten years from now, we will be living in a more multi-layered world where physical and virtual realities overlap without boundaries,” reads the official description accompanying the video.

“If Sony, as a creative entertainment company, would be filling the world with new Kando in that future, what kind of experiential value would we be offering to make that happen?

“To explore this question, we conducted a prototyping exercise under the concept of ‘Creative Entertainment Vision.’ Envisioning through the lens of Sony’s creativity and technology, here we present the future as an extension of our lives today.”

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

fridge corn posted:

Dave the Diver keeps adding more stupid poo poo after every dive. Slow the gently caress down game jesus

Yeah that was why I stopped. It kept adding new things to interact with, and all of them feel aaaaaaaaalmost satisfying.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

PlayStation 9

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

We're only three console generations away from the PS9 and the world has sadly made little use of orb-based technology.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

exquisite tea posted:

We're only three console generations away from the PS9 and the world has sadly made little use of orb-based technology.

They don't have the balls.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Bloodborne 2 will be on the PS orb.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

We will never get a PS9, we will get to PS8 and some marketing brain wizard will go all OS X on the brand and tip that 8 over to make it PS ∞ and we’ll be trapped forever in an endless generation of pro-style refreshes.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

We will never get a PS9, we will get to PS8 and some marketing brain wizard will go all OS X on the brand and tip that 8 over to make it PS ∞ and we’ll be trapped forever in an endless generation of pro-style refreshes.

...for ten years until they release the PS11 for some reason

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

that would look awesome airbrushed on a van.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Harrow posted:

...for ten years until they release the PS11 for some reason

They'll go fully OS X and rename it to playSTATION

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's orbin' time

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Playstat10n

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Playstation 8: The Ohco.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
They'll name the next Xbox, Xbox 7

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

lol

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
It's more likely than most jokes because it will be the seventh individual configuration of the xbox

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nextbox

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

George Miller said he wants Kojima to adapt Mad Max :getin:

It’ll never happen but I like to imagine what it would look or play like. Death Stranding on wheels.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Death Stranding was already on wheels unless you did what I did and accidentally skipped the mission to unlock trucks, then played the game to completion under the assumption you’d be unlocking trucks to deal with these super awkward deliveries you had to make little trains of floating carts for easier any time now, and not wanting to google it so you wouldn’t get spoiled on anything.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Mad Max loving ruled and it was released literally the same day/week/weekend as MGS5.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This sounds like a new level of hell, no thank you.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I wouldn't put too much stock in that, these types of videos only exist to make the shareholders go "oooooh" and line go up

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Waffleman_ posted:

I wouldn't put too much stock in that, these types of videos only exist to make the shareholders go "oooooh" and line go up

I was in one of these industrial films for Motorola that was basically just showing all the amazing things you could do with a smartphone. This was back in 2001 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnvlCVDb7PY